Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
Mmm... volume 21?
I dont remember that page about the stripper... and I'm a little disappointed. Looking for that omake in the Spanish volume I noticed (when comparing with the RAW) that this page is missing:
What is it said in that page?
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mmm... volume 21?
I dont remember that page about the stripper... and I'm a little disappointed. Looking for that omake in the Spanish volume I noticed (when comparing with the RAW) that this page is missing:
What is it said in that page?
posted by spaviero-92:

Red text on the 'scroll': New record!
Allen: [ Master...I'm kinda scared now..]
Link: It seems it won't be able to fly...
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Sorry? What where how 0o0?!?!?!?!
Stripping? 0.0?
She's probably referring to this :teehee

Allen: Eh, I don't take it off?
Everyone: You don't take it off!
Allen: Well, they said there was part-time money. I'm completely fine so I'm taking it off. That's why, please add this stripping fee as an option. (something along that line)
Everyone: Allen, we're so worried about your future!! *cries*


But that wasn't in the actual volume (not for me, anyway..).. It was this extra/omake.. tiny poster-thingy that followed the Japanese edition :P
 
Last edited:

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
Ah!!
I love you guys!! :) Thank you very much!! :D

Mmm... I wonder in what kind of place can Allen work as a stripper with all those marks an scars... :3
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Mmm... volume 21?
I dont remember that page about the stripper... and I'm a little disappointed. Looking for that omake in the Spanish volume I noticed (when comparing with the RAW) that this page is missing:
What is it said in that page?
Hoshino always add a little omake in every volume's cover but Glenat Spain doesn't print it!!! T.T When I bought my copies in France I discovered them for the first time!! Also they don't add volume's posters, I'm refering to those of Kanda and Lavi's, also this omake of Allen stripping. And thank you relory fo the pic. I had lost it!!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hoshino always add a little omake in every volume's cover but Glenat Spain doesn't print it!!! T.T When I bought my copies in France I discovered them for the first time!! Also they don't add volume's posters, I'm refering to those of Kanda and Lavi's, also this omake of Allen stripping. And thank you relory fo the pic. I had lost it!!
In Germany they don't print the backcovers(even though in one of the omakes they were like:"Look at them backs of teh covers.They be having color as well!"And I was like:"Where?ಠ_ಠ").At least they add the posters.
 

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Lomahongva!! :)

I discovered it just the other day when looking at the raws!!!!!!! Arg!!! Ppl in the spanish edition work pretty good, and I am really happy with the volumes in Spanish (I recommend then, seriously!) but I see this omakes like a misssing!! :(

Another question: these omakes starting to appear when they changed the volume design? Or from the beginning?

((PS. Spanish volumes are back to normal (great) quality in the last volume -22- that I just bought! :) )
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Lomahongva!! :)

I discovered it just the other day when looking at the raws!!!!!!! Arg!!! Ppl in the spanish edition work pretty good, and I am really happy with the volumes in Spanish (I recommend then, seriously!) but I see this omakes like a misssing!! :(

Another question: these omakes starting to appear when they changed the volume design? Or from the beginning?

((PS. Spanish volumes are back to normal (great) quality in the last volume -22- that I just bought! :) )
You're welcome, ying_su!!! I also love the spanish publisher's hard work. And yes, vol. 22 has again its normal quality, which is fabulous! And they're the fastests in publishing mangas outside Japan: in France nd also in the States they're still waiting for vol. 22. I saw Glenat France planning and the release isn't expected yet (and the planning covered this year till June!!!)

Saddly, those omakes were included since the very beggining of the series. I also had no idea of their existence even having seen some images while surfing the net but I didn't know they weren't added in the spanish edition because I saw them before starting buying DGM!!! Only when I went to study in France last year in an Erasmus student exchange I decided to bought them!! And when I came back to Spain and bought my first spanish copy I discovered they weren't in the cover!!! Ofc I get angry, because some of them are included as little continuations of some chapter's fun scenes. A last thing, omakes from some volumes weren't translated (but they didn't include something relevant, for me. And the 3rd vol. didn't have it. I had to download the RAW for seeing it).
 
Last edited:

ca12nag3

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
3,261
Reaction score
659
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
The American (english) version doesnt have them either. So im thinking its the freedom of the publisher to leave them out or something. Sadly.
 

Dlanor_A.Knox

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
475
Reaction score
335
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Ah!!
I love you guys!! :) Thank you very much!! :D

Mmm... I wonder in what kind of place can Allen work as a stripper with all those marks an scars... :3
I know a place... It's called my room 0o0 xD
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Brazilian editions has everything like the original, omakes, posters and stuff. I'm just waiting to see if from the 21 volume on, we'll have the back covers, hope so =)
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
The American (english) version doesnt have them either. So im thinking its the freedom of the publisher to leave them out or something. Sadly.
Viz had them for the first twenty volumes. They were on the back cover. But starting with Volume 21 they cut the omakes in favor of the pretty color art. I'll miss the omakes, but it's nice to see some color on the back covers.
 

Dlanor_A.Knox

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
475
Reaction score
335
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Viz had them for the first twenty volumes. They were on the back cover. But starting with Volume 21 they cut the omakes in favor of the pretty color art. I'll miss the omakes, but it's nice to see some color on the back covers.
They had, but it wasn't the entire Omake, just a small part of it (like the omake where Earl introduces Wisely to Sheryl has his new son, They didn't show what happend before that)
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Most of the omakes (i.e. 18/20, possibly 17/20) were intact. But some of the strips were shortened to just the punchline so that the speech bubbles wouldn't be shrink to an unreadable size.
 

marlek

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Ukraine
Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Oh, my eyes!
Too much orange!
What happened to all the purple and light blue combination? :gwah

I like the trace but, orange is bleh
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
why so perfect? seriously, i really liked it! <333 waiting for the back cover :)
 
Top