Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

lanablack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
32
Reaction score
52
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
Hi everyone, 1st time posting here

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but I found this today. Seems like Hoshino still isn't satisfied with Kanda's gorgeousness , she re-draw Kanda's smile in chapter 207. I wonder if this is the reason for DGM's break last month .... i means she is definitely a perfectionist, see redraw thing a lot. But I think I like the old one better ....


 
Last edited:

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone, 1st time posting here

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but I found this today. Seems like Hoshino still isn't satisfied with Kanda's gorgeousness , she re-draw Kanda's smile in chapter 207. I wonder if this is the reason for DGM's break last month .... i means she is definitely a perfectionist, see redraw thing a lot. But I think I like the old one better ....


i saw this interview around here.... and it was awesome, she really cares about every detail about her draws :)))
 

hopeandlight

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
491
Reaction score
92
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
yes, kanda smile on the old one is more expressive?
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
ohhhh now i understand your point! xD I liked this one instead the original but, i'll wait for the raw to see if i'll keep my opinion xD

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

tinypic deleted volume 23's cover from relory's post so:



:)
 
Last edited:

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Well, Kanda doesn't look like Nezumi anymore. His features were constricted a bit so he looks a lot manlier. But his smile in SQ looked a lot friendlier.
 

tgirl

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
429
Reaction score
575
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yeah, his smile in SQ was definitely friendlier... o__o. Hmmmm... I like both smiles, but they bring slightly different feelings from me.
 

Bloody Queen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
70
Reaction score
60
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
I think his smile in SQ looks more like a smirk... in this one, I think the lighter color of his hair really influence the facial lines and thus making the smile seems... friendlier? :headscratch Honestly, I prefer cold colors over warm colors such as orange. But what I like with every of Hoshino's volume covers are the symbolizing. Hoshino always draw something for/with a reason. It's fun thinking and linking it. And when you get the right one, it feels great :)
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
nice cover! Kanda look`s realy cool!
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeees!! xD a new color palette! And kanda's hair isn't blue!!! xD I really like it~♥

Now I reaaaaaally wanna see the back cover tho~~

Hoshino makes such awesome covers♥
 

Namiz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 11, 2009
Messages
38
Reaction score
60
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is already posted or maybe I missed it but does anyone know when is the release day for volume 23? (all I know is that it's going to release on April)
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It will be out on April 4th
 

Dlanor_A.Knox

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
475
Reaction score
335
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
I wonder what it is 0o0!!
Well it has something to do with Allen, that's for sure.... Maybe a little bit of Allen's view??
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder what it is 0o0!!
Well it has something to do with Allen, that's for sure.... Maybe a little bit of Allen's view??
maybe xD or some nea's memories? *dreaming hahaha we have to wait for the raw D:
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Wait, so there were 7 chapters in this volume? I think I predicted that earlier due to the page count, but it's still surprising. Blue Exorcist has a 4-chapters-per-volume ratio, which is a tad more reasonable for a monthly series, but it's not like we can stop Hoshino's ailments.

That means that this volume ends with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK. Maybe the extra chapter has to do with him?
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Link following Kanda and Jhonny in the red lights district...:teehee I want to see that!!!

Looking at the volume's TOC, it seems imo, that the two kanjis after A.W. could mean "extra story". Then, if you compare the folowing hiragana (before A.W.) with those in the first part of previous chapter titles, they're the same. So, the titte of the extra story it's "Searching Allen Walker". So, more Jhonny Kanda adventures ina funnier way? ;D
 
Last edited:

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
I adore the cover! Orange is one of my favorite colors, and I love how Hoshino colored the whole cover. Plus the town/music score :wub

I'm not disappointed :hee
 

Bloody Queen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
70
Reaction score
60
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Could the extra story be Link stalking Allen while Timcampy bits him everytime he tries to get close to Allen?
 
Top