Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

Shaddix

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
368
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
hoshino is a female -_-;
Are you sure of that? Has it been proved yet?
As far as I know no one knows if it's male or female, wheter everyone thinks it's a woman.
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Well since Hoshino-sensei once stated that David Beckham looks hot (or rather good....) and said that he/she can perfectly identify with Miranda, the assumption that Hoshino-sensei is female is acceptable. It's not 100% sure though, moreover it's just what I am thinking.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Apparently, that's just what everyone thinks - and there's really no evidence that she isn't female, either. Although... D.Gray-Man does have a very, ah, feminine style. I mean, pretty much every young man is good-looking and/or beautiful. ^_^ And, of course, the Tiki thing is just kind of obvious. Eheh...

...I want to order this volume so badly. >_> Someone showed me a picture of the inside cover, though, and it's scary!!!
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
The inside cover? I hope someone can scan and post it here. Then, he/she can scan the whole cover, too. need a bigger version of it *_*.
 

okinawapet

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The inside cover has Allen playing poker with Tyki, Lavi, and Relo stripped down to their underwear(yes, Relo too...) with Rhode looking over Allen's shoulder while both of them are laughing loudly in the background. Tyki seems to be doing better than Lavi, he still has his socks, though Relo looks a bit mortified. And it seems that Hoshino-san has found someone who is as cute as her cat, it seems that she now has a nephew or niece(too lazy to look up the word in a dictionary to find out which...). She also says that he/she is really heavy.

And it's very likely Hoshino is a girl, Katsura is a girl's name, I believe.

There are a few pictures of Tyki and Jasdebi too and omake, though the kanji is too hard for me to read.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Tiki and Lavi are also wearing bunny ears, aren't they? Must've been Road's idea...
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hoshino is female. i read from a blog that the blog writer met hoshino and got hoshino's autograph. the person pretty much confirmed/was certain that hoshino is female (not all manga writers are males you know ^^)
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
well for some unusual reason hoshino's gender has been an internet debate for a while. but i also have heard more evidence of being female than male
 

Shaddix

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
368
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I really prefer Hoshino being a female.
Now you know, we have many females drawing good shonens like D.Gray-Man, FMA, Peacemaker, Erementar Gerad...
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
oh that's a nicer view of the cover. thanks ^^
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Thanks for the big version. Really appreciate it ^__^.
 

etc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
29
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
HQ ↓

 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks, resshin!
 

Shaddix

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
368
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Thanks resshin!!
Now we need the inner covers and the extras and we're done with this volume!
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
thank you so much though i'll buy the manga when it becomes available in the states ^^
 

Shaddix

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
368
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Hey resshin, you are so cool, ya know?
Thanks!!
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Volume 10 Extras

Hi! This is a translation of the extras from the vol.10 manga. I think it hasn't been posted here yet. Sorry I don't have scans of the manga so this is just the text translation. ^^


Inside flap

Drawing: Allen by Hoshino-sensei's younger brother.
Writing on the Drawing: “Allen. By my brother.”

Comment: “This is Allen drawn by my younger brother. How do I put it; it's been a long time since I laughed so hard. After this, we got into a contest where we'd each draw various manga characters and see whose resembled the real character more. But, the final contest was Gokuu, so I would definitely win!!”


Inside cover translation

THE Reunion

Hoshino (text in black): Kanda!! I've been wanting to see you again so badly!!! How are you? Good, I hope?

Kanda (text in red): Shut up! Let go of me!

Hoshino: Lately, you're the person I want to meet the most! Really!!!

Kanda: Liar. You've been grumbling to yourself in the corner about how, “I don't want to draw him” or something, haven't you?

Hoshino: That was long ago. I was young!! Either way, it's tiring. Right now, it's Allen-san I don't want to draw…

Kanda: You are really USELESS, aren't you?

[The boxes that Hoshino-sensei are standing on are crates of mikan (oranges) and sakuranbo (cherries).]


Komui Talk Room

Note: Anything in [square brackets] are comments I added.

Talk Room No.1 (pg.78)

It's the Komui’s Laboratory yet Komui is never here “Talk Room” Corner! Yay!

Hoshino: The other day, one of my best friends said to me that this “Talk Room” corner was not written by me, and was in fact, done by my editor, Mr.Y.

Hoshino: You stupid idiot. To make you understand that I'm cutting my own life short to do this, I thought that I would use comics to draw this corner this time. The only thing is, I don't know how many pages I can last.

Allen: You're disgracing your own drawings a bit too much, aren't you?

Ravi: Get Komui here! KOMUI~!! This is his corner, isn't it~~~~~?!

*

Allen: All right, let's get started, then. From P-ko san (age 14). “To become a mangaka, do you have to work hard in your studies?”

(Ravi: Gya~! Ultr* Seven–!!)

[Ravi is referring to Ultraman's weapon from Ultra Seven. It's a fin which he detaches from his head and flings it at his enemies like a boomerang. The thing embedded in Allen's brain is from Hoshino-sensei's head, if you can't tell.]

Hoshino: I think it depends on the person, but as a child, Hoshino hates studying and would often feign illness to go to the sickbay. Even during tests, the answer sheets are full of nothing but doodles.

*

On Hoshino-sensei's forehead: So nostalgic.

Hoshino: I remember back then, when time's up and the test papers were being collected, I was seriously thinking, the doodles were drawn so well–should I erase them or not? It was a real dilemma, you know… (I was shy then, so I didn't want the teacher to see them, but if I erase them, it's such a waste, and so on…)

Box: So, the answer is.

Allen & Ravi: Hoshino is stupid.

---

Talk Room No.2 (pg.96)

Allen: “Does Kanda eat his soba cold in winter too?” From P.N. Kanda-Fan (age 14). (Fan?)

Ravi: We keep getting post cards asking about Yuu's soba-eating habits. (Shall we go look?)

*

Allen: There's nothing in this world I care less about than Kanda's eating habits.

[Hoshino-sensei sitting on the cloud that says “god”]

Ravi: If you don't do this properly, the god will get angry!

*

Sign: Cafeteria

“Sorry to keep you waiting!”

*

Ravi & Allen: AH. He eats it hot too!

(Allen: I'm soooo hungry~~~)

---

Talk Room No.3 (pg.114)

Ravi: “The Millenium Earl's mouth is always opened. Is it because his jaw is dislocated so he can't close his mouth?” From P.N. Aquamarine (age 11).

Kanda: Why did you guys pop up all of a sudden…

Kanda: Get your face out of my food, bean sprout!!

Allen: Don't be stingy, Kanda.

*

Ravi: You know, I've been wondering about this for a long time~~~

Ravi: About the Earl…

*

His teeth are…

so ridiculously perfect!!!

---

Commentary on vol.10 cover (pg.128)

Until now, I have always drawn the comics covers with one main character as the theme. But, due to various circumstances, the vol.9 drawing had a shift in trend. So, from now on, starting with this volume, I think I'm going to draw what I like. ☆

===

For translations of the extras from vol. 1-9, visit Exorcists Order. :D
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Volume 10 Extras

Thank you so much for your work!

That was funny to read even without the pics. I really can imagine the panels :rofl
 
Top