Games - Digimon | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

The digital world needs more love ❤

The aim is to discuss all things about Digimon games, from old Digimon ones, to newest ones like Digimon World: Next Order and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth!

To know Digimon World: Next Order further, see this and this. To know Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, check out this.

Okay, not gonna be prolix, here are the questions:
  • What is your favorite old Digimon games? Ones that are able to make you feel nostalgic :)
  • What is your favorite Digimon?
  • Do you still play any of Digimon games? What is it?
  • Which Digimon game do you think is the best? Why?
  • What do you think of new Digimon games?
You can share fan arts and discuss the anime as well!

Miralicious akuma

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
DIGIMONNN YAAASSSS (Finally a place to release my inner digimon nerd lol)

Digimon was one of the first animes i got addicted to (like real bad) and i vividly remember that in my younger years ,i used to watch digimon for 3-4 hrs after coming back from school (dem days:feelsbadman) and slowly as my interest grew i got interested in digimon games as well. I think the first digimon game i played was Digimon world DS and man i spent so much time on that:hearts! I remember i used to get on my computer just to play that game when parents were asleep .(the nostalgia is reall)
..i also played Digimon racing game (similar to mario kart i guess but sooo much coooler!!) and also digimon Dawn/Dusk(This game got kinda boring cuz the concept was the same as Digimon world DS.)

anyways let me jump into the questions ahm put up
1. What is your favorite old Digimon games? Ones that are able to make you feel nostalgic
Definitely
  1. Digimon World DS - I chose this since it was my first digimon game, plus the plot,gameplay,the vast variety of digimons u can encounter,made this game really addictive if you are a huge digimon nerd
  2. Digimon Racing - chose this one tooo cuz maannn this game was sooo cool!! the digimons literally used to evolve when u were in the cart and use special attacks!!
2. What is your favorite Digimon?

Patamon and Gatomon's evolution chains !! also Ladydevimon

^ seeing a pic like this is when the nostalgia kicks in.
Do you still play any of Digimon games? What is it?
unfortunately nope, but if i could i would replay digimon world ds and of course the newest game!

What do you think of new Digimon games?
the trailer for the newest game seemed alright, I would like to give it a try but.. there is thing about digmon and pokemon is that they try to keep creating new things to keep the show alive but what i feel is that at one point u should just stop.

I mean look at pokemon and how low it got (specially the sun and moon anime) ...
I bet anyone who has watched all the seasons from the start would prefer the beginning ones cuz they were the ones which felt kinda orignal (if u know what i mean) and after some point u just feel like the franchise is just stretching things so you're just like mehhh.

BUT THE DIGIMON'S LATEST ANIME IS SURELY A MASTERPIECE.
Honestly, Anyone who has watched digimon in their childhood should give digimon tri a whirl cuz u are missing out on so much.
Heed my words when im saying this, but that anime is a freakin masterpiece. It not only focuses on flashy digimon battles but also the psychological problems every character is going through which is executed perfectly imo. The first part of Tri is a bit off but things do start kicking in in the second part. Pluss the mega evolutions of our iconic digimons are also there so go give it a try already!!

SilverLugia345

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What is your favorite old Digimon games?
The only old Digimon game that I actually have played would be Digimon Wold Dusk and Digimon World Dawn. So those would be my favorite.
What is your favorite Digimon?
My favorite Digimon would be Magnadramon and Metalgarurumon
Do you still play any of Digimon games? What is it?
Yes I'm always on the look out for the new games that may be coming out.
Which Digimon game do you think is the best? Why?
My favorite video game would be Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I love how you can choose between what protagonist to play as and the storyline was really well put together. I can't wait for the sequel to be released next year.
What do you think of new Digimon games?
I'm glad that there are new Digimon games that are being released. It seems like the new releases are coming out with great storylines and that the characters are really well developed.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Digimon World DS - I chose this since it was my first digimon game, plus the plot,gameplay,the vast variety of digimons u can encounter,made this game really addictive if you are a huge digimon nerd
Thanks for visiting. Finally :D I played DS too, it was a great experience in my life. Unfortunately, unlike you, I was late to play it. I played it when I was a freshman. It was around 6 years ago. What digimon were in your party/team? I had Sleipmon/Kentaurosmon, Beelzemon, MegaGargomon, Neptunemon. So far I can only recall these ones haha.

BUT THE DIGIMON'S LATEST ANIME IS SURELY A MASTERPIECE.
Honestly, Anyone who has watched digimon in their childhood should give digimon tri a whirl cuz u are missing out on so much.
Heed my words when im saying this, but that anime is a freakin masterpiece. It not only focuses on flashy digimon battles but also the psychological problems every character is going through which is executed perfectly imo. The first part of Tri is a bit off but things do start kicking in in the second part. Pluss the mega evolutions of our iconic digimons are also there so go give it a try already!!
Oh yeah, we ever talked about this before. I am trying to keep up with tri. Also I heard Alphamon made appearance in tri so I am looking forward to him. He's growing on me lately : D

of course the newest game!
You should totally try Cyber Sleuth! I highly recommend you. Yea even though I haven't played it directly (I only watch the videos on YouTube), it is definitely a great game. The graphics are very good. Also there is this another awesome Digimon game (Digimon World Next Order; console: PS4/PSVITA).

My favorite video game would be Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I love how you can choose between what protagonist to play as and the storyline was really well put together. I can't wait for the sequel to be released next year.
Hello! Welcome to MangaHelpers. I hope you enjoy this site :)

Yeah me too, definitely looking forward to Hacker's Memory and its new Digimons. I just hope there will be Gallantmon Crimson Mode and Neptunemon.

一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一
Another topic I want to bring up:
  1. What is your favorite Royal Knights? mine: Alphamon, Ulforceveedramon, Sleipmon/Kentaurosmon, Gallantmon
  2. What is your favorite Olympus Twelve? mine: Neptunemon
  3. What is your favorite Seven Great Demon Lords? Beelzemon, Belphemon

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
We're getting the last Digimon game in NA? Wow!

I hope it is as good as Digimon World 3/2003! It is one of my favorite PSX games and my favorite in the game series. Hopefully it won't be shallow in choices and training options.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
My favourite games are Digimon World 1 and Digimon world 3 (pal version), those were classic and I hold great memories on them back in the days ^^ I play them again from time to time.
In fact 4 years ago I replayed DW1 on the emulator and decided to use the "bonus try" in the gym (by abusing save states and slowing the game ^^) just to discover that the game actually cheats you and deliberately doesn't let you win...sometimes it works sometimes not. Later it was confirmed by other players that it's in fact decided by the game's RNG...go figure :p

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
  • What is your favorite old Digimon games? Ones that are able to make you feel nostalgic :)
Oh yes, fanarts. :hurr

Anyway to answer those questions:

Digimon World 1, 2 and 3 are my all-time favourites! They're basically my childhood and probably the best games I've ever got the chance to play!
If I have to choose one, that would be GranKuwagamon, but damn, also BlackWarGreymon is freaking awesome.
Heck, of course I do! The latest ones (Cyber Sleuth and Next Order), were especially good and I'm looking forward to playing Hacker's memory! :blush
I'd say Digimon World 3 was the best. Wonderful OST, interesting story and good methods to raise your Digimon (even though I would have prefered to see different set of Digimon, between the three that you were given).
They're not disappointing at least and if they have the intention of using the plots from World 2 and World 3 to create new games for the latest consoles (just like they did with Next Order by bringing back Hiro from World 1 and some plot key points), then disappointment won't be an option.

As for the Anime, is anyone watching Tri?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
We're getting the last Digimon game in NA? Wow!

I hope it is as good as Digimon World 3/2003! It is one of my favorite PSX games and my favorite in the game series. Hopefully it won't be shallow in choices and training options.
My favourite games are Digimon World 1 and Digimon world 3 (pal version), those were classic and I hold great memories on them back in the days ^^ I play them again from time to time.
In fact 4 years ago I replayed DW1 on the emulator and decided to use the "bonus try" in the gym (by abusing save states and slowing the game ^^) just to discover that the game actually cheats you and deliberately doesn't let you win...sometimes it works sometimes not. Later it was confirmed by other players that it's in fact decided by the game's RNG...go figure :p
What's your favorite digimon? :)

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Have any of you guys checked out Digimon Masters? It's not very modern or flashy, but you can collect a team of your favorite Digimon and whatnot. xD

What's your favorite digimon? :)
Hold on...lemme go into a bit more detail than what I did before.

My fav game is Digimon World 3/2003. I just love how intricate the spriting looks, how they set up the digital world as a virtual reality game, the Digimon selection (though no Dorumon makes me sad sad), the battle style, the story and I say this without any shame, most of all....the card game! I absolutely LOVED it! It also has one of the hardest end game bosses I have ever faced. Not harder than Lavos in Chrono Trigger but still a biotch to fight.

My absolute favorite Digimon? It is Dorumon!

And just look at its cute little baby form!

I love Doru so much I have him like four times over on DM. lol

My second favorite Digimon is Bearmon! And then it goes Lopmon > (Megadramon line of) Hagurumon. :)

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
GranKuwagamon, but damn, also BlackWarGreymon is freaking awesome.
Oh so you like insect-type? :zomg That's pretty rare :nod Also both are black-colored.. you like black digimon?

Heck, of course I do! The latest ones (Cyber Sleuth and Next Order), were especially good and I'm looking forward to playing Hacker's memory! :blush
You still play them or have finished? Which one do you prefer? Cyber Sleuth or Next Order?

As for the Anime, is anyone watching Tri?
Yes I am :blush though I still haven't caught up with the latest episode. What do you think of it so far?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I've been watching Tri. I honestly don't like it, it feels cramped and rushed. It doesn't feel "Digimon" to me either. It feels like a highschool, randomness anime to me. Plus, Tai's PTSD over a broken phone and a few broken buildings gets me laughing all of the time. :teehee although I REALLY love how they are handling Izzy, Joe and Mimi. And the art is pretty.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

The digital world needs more love ❤

The aim is to discuss all things about Digimon games, from old Digimon ones, to newest ones like Digimon World: Next Order and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth!

To know Digimon World: Next Order further, see this and this. To know Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, check out this.

Okay, not gonna be prolix, here are the questions:
Digimon indeed needs more love. Gladly, it's receiving a lot of it these years -waaaay too late, but it is what it is.

A big problem I had with Digimon (and what most also do, in general, without even noticing) and what makes it kind of... bad (?) for marketing is that it has no true identity. Every game (and even anime season) creates it's own world, rules, evolution lines, gameplay, etc. In the end, the franchise is not a dungeon crawler, not a raising sim, not a classical rpg... I mean, variety is nice, but it would be nicer imo to have a base series and the rest seen as spin-offs (just like Pokémon does) rather than having 20 different universes brought together in a single multiverse.

Anyway, back to this, I recall being a huge fan of the original series, liking 2.0 quite a bit, being meh about the third series and that's when I starterd to stop following, things got weird. Will watch all of Tri once it's a finished product.

Only played the original Digimon World, tbh. Tried the Dawn/Dusk games but I dispise random encounters so I dropped them kinda fast. I'll try the newer games eventually, they seem very similar in gameplay to DW1 which is quite unique (even for Digimon, lol).

Some time ago I told Farfalla that I'd sell one of our cats for one of the games, she made me this wonderful signature for that:

Also, tried to get her to watch the first arc of season 1 (she even promised it!) but had no luck ;-;

As mainstream as it is my favourite Digimon line is Agumon's, hard to beat nostalgia.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I agree. It is hard to pin down Digimon because it changes so much. Pokemon works because it has an idea and sticks to it. I think Digimon started to lose its magic around season 3. I really, really loved season 3 but it introduced changes that just kept escalating. I have watched every Digimon anime to date and every series I feel more and more lost to what I loved as a kid. Now, apparently, Digimon are apps? I mean come on...

Go back to DM1 or hell, I'd take even DM2!

You should check out DW3. It has random encounters, but it is really fun. There's still a raising system like 1, but it's made in the form of training gyms and dependent on your stats, just like 1, your Digimon evolve into different forms. It's quite hard and enjoyable, especially if you go around trying to collect cards and the other starter Digimon. :)

Some idea of what it looks like etc:

Walking about

Battle screens

Training menus/gyms

Card battle (which is freakishly similar to Gwent from Witcher, or rather, vice versa!)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
LOL that looks cute. I might give it a try in the future. I just really really reaaaaally hate random encounters (to the point that I never played FF VII) so I'll have to see. I do replay DW1 every 2 years or so, the raising system makes it feel like a new adventure every time even if the story is the same, lol.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
LOL that looks cute. I might give it a try in the future. I just really really reaaaaally hate random encounters (to the point that I never played FF VII) so I'll have to see. I do replay DW1 every 2 years or so, the raising system makes it feel like a new adventure every time even if the story is the same, lol.
I can understand the annoyance of random encounters though. Sometimes I really, really hate them, other times I like 'em. I played DW1 like twice when I was a kid. The game frustrated me because no matter how hard I tried, I always digivolved into Numemon or that poop thing. One of them, can't remember. t-t

If you ever do give it a shot, I'd be interested in knowing how you like it or don't like it. :)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ah, good old digimon... I watched up to tamers but then stopped. Partly because I grew up, partly because the tamer's season was horrible.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ah, good old digimon... I watched up to tamers but then stopped. Partly because I grew up, partly because the tamer's season was horrible.
ARG! My heart! :emocat So many people dislike that season and I'm just wondering why but then again the world is lame and I'm the coolest around. :pjsalt

Though personally I think season 4 (Frontier) is horrible. They turn into the Digimon via statues or something like that. It felt so far from Digimon that I didn't even know it was Digimon when I first started it. I'd consider it a far off, super distant cousin you awkwardly ignore at the family get together. :kappa

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Oh so you like insect-type? :zomg That's pretty rare :nod Also both are black-colored.. you like black digimon?
Yeah, some of them are really cool!
And yes, Black Digimon are the ones I like the most!

You still play them or have finished? Which one do you prefer? Cyber Sleuth or Next Order?
Finished both actually and so far I prefer Sleuth over Order!

Yes I am :blush though I still haven't caught up with the latest episode. What do you think of it so far?
I don't think it's bad, also because we might get some clues about certain places and characters that were introduced long ago and then forgotten.
For example, does anyone remember that Daemon appeared in Digimon?

Anyway, let's get down to business...
Who's your Waifu?
Mine is Mirei Mikagura from Re:Digitize. :hurr

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Have any of you guys checked out Digimon Masters? It's not very modern or flashy, but you can collect a team of your favorite Digimon and whatnot. xD
Oh you play GDMO too? When it was "in" here I really wanted to play it but sadly my laptop didn't support. And now when I have a pretty decent laptop and connection, I lack motivation haha.

My fav game is Digimon World 3/2003. I just love how intricate the spriting looks, how they set up the digital world as a virtual reality game, the Digimon selection (though no Dorumon makes me sad sad), the battle style, the story and I say this without any shame, most of all....the card game! I absolutely LOVED it! It also has one of the hardest end game bosses I have ever faced. Not harder than Lavos in Chrono Trigger but still a biotch to fight.
I played DW3 too I think but it was a very long time ago when I was like 8 so the memories are blurred

My absolute favorite Digimon? It is Dorumon!

And just look at its cute little baby form!

I love Doru so much I have him like four times over on DM. lol

My second favorite Digimon is Bearmon! And then it goes Lopmon > (Megadramon line of) Hagurumon. :)
Oh yes Dorumon, it is cute. Alas it is underrated imo. There are also three Royal Knights in its evolution line, which is cool. One of them is Alphamon and I like it

Some time ago I told Farfalla that I'd sell one of our cats for one of the games, she made me this wonderful signature for that:
Lala-san is mean :pout

As mainstream as it is my favourite Digimon line is Agumon's, hard to beat nostalgia.
Agumon is cool too, I like BlackWarGreymon and ShineGreymon :nod

Now, apparently, Digimon are apps?
Haha yes, and there are attributes too, like data, virus, and vaccine. Data lose to virus, viruses lose to vaccine, vaccines lose to data.

The game frustrated me because no matter how hard I tried, I always digivolved into Numemon or that poop thing. One of them, can't remember. t-t
This brings back memories haha. You mean Sukamon?

Frustrated me too because how in the hell could Agumon evolve to Numemon/Sukamon geez