Discussion - Doflamingo's Ability | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Doflamingo's Ability

neild

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I got a question to ask. How do you guys think Luffy and the gank can beat Don Flamingo (one of the shicibukai) who has the DF ability to control people's movement? That's for me simply unbeatble and make him the strongest person in One piece world.

jeffhmwong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: Don Flamingo

I dont think so. Every character has his weakness. Just like Crocodlie (water) , eneru (rubber - luffy) , Aokoji ( Ace Fire) . He might be ownign at first, but I thnk someone in the strawhat crew can beat him. Chopper perhaps? (his monster form is uncontrolable even for his own teamates.

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Yeap but if luffy and others can't control chopper's abilities, then how can luffy ask chopper to attck don flamingo for instance?i guess that character must be unbelieveably strong...why does shicibukai wants to work for government?they are that strong...they can just not sticking to the rules...the marine top officers-sengoku budha must be stronger than don flamingo i guess, or else flamingo won't mess with him (the one with the bird hat). yeah but who knows how to beat that guy?only oda sensei does

aston

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany

hmmm perhaps he's only able to control the muscle movement of others. but how about artificial
bodies like Franky's? Perhaps he'll be Flamingo's archilles heel. =)

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Nice points! that i have never think of.if that is true then Franky might be the only person than Don Flamingo fears!just dont forget to email oda sensei about this..haha

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I think the only way to get Don Flamingo would be a back attack. But then again, all the battles with the big bosses have been fought by Luffy alone, so I'm not so sure how. Maybe Luffy does something very painful to his body, which makes Don Flamingo unable to control his movements? Because it doesn't seem like he controls people mentally, just physically, which might have something to do with muscle cells.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Well I can't say much about Flamingo. We see him only in two chapters (Marine HQ and Jaya). We still don't have clear explaination whether it's a puppeteer ability or psychic.

ibra87 said:
I think the only way to get Don Flamingo would be a back attack. But then again, all the battles with the big bosses have been fought by Luffy alone, so I'm not so sure how. Maybe Luffy does something very painful to his body, which makes Don Flamingo unable to control his movements? Because it doesn't seem like he controls people mentally, just physically, which might have something to do with muscle cells.
Judging from the little information we have, yes, two on one battle is more favourable. For Luffy in one on one fight, either he has to use Gear2 as soon as possible or just break those damn fingers. Personally, Robin will be a more sutable opponent for him since Robin can spur many hands out of no where and might cause Flamingo a really huge hassle to control all those hands at once.

overkill

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

how about Ussop with his new bad-ass SUPER slingshot staying out of Don Flamingo's range (i assume that there is a range), and he just keeps on peppering him with shots, runs away a bit, then peppers him with shots... rinse, repeat. :smile-big

bakashijinsan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

that'd be very funny. though i don't think a shichibukai would be so weak to be beaten by that strategy. but my god. i'm laughing my ass off! :D

*imagining ussop defeating don flamingo then sings sogeking song*

:smile-big :smile-big :smile-big

jeffhmwong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Seriously hope the next few more shichibukai will not only be fought by Luffy. His battle with croc, aneru and luchii is starting to get very stale.

Really hope to see zoro and sanji getting invlove in Major battles with shichibukai . So degrading seeing sanji fighting the stupid cook in the train and Zoro only fighting a teammember of the CP9(kaku).

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

If I remember correctly, Don Flamingo used to be the pirate captain of Bellamy's crew (the hyena fruit dude/spring guy) I think he would be the one to settle the score with luffy. Go Gear 4 <---- ??? Huh?

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well first of all we don't know that don flamingo's powers come from a devil fruit, maybe they do ... maybe it's just a cool type of hypnosis. We don't know.
Second No one in one piece is invunerable, Enel came close .... Luffy kicked his A$$. Aokiji seems to be, then again so did crocodile and Luffy kicked his A$$.
So speculation on don Flamingo is all well and dandy but all we really know is he's dangerous ... 300 million+ kinda dangerous. So he has the highest bounty in one piece thus far revealed. And he's one of the shinchibukai. Well we'll obviously hear more on him latter but i don't think his powers are DF related. Just a hunch.

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Hypnosis might be a good idea...but there is no scene whatwsoever that points out he is hypnotizing someone...i think his power will be so much worth 300 million beli if its a devil fruit power, not some kind of magician...
i think the way to beat him are:
freeze him (with aokiji power)
with robin's power-so that he can't control his hand
2 on 1 or maybe more-the whole straw hat crew vs him alone
beat him up when he sleeps heheh

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

neild said:
Hypnosis might be a good idea...but there is no scene whatwsoever that points out he is hypnotizing someone...i think his power will be so much worth 300 million beli if its a devil fruit power, not some kind of magician...
i think the way to beat him are:
freeze him (with aokiji power)
with robin's power-so that he can't control his hand
2 on 1 or maybe more-the whole straw hat crew vs him alone
beat him up when he sleeps heheh
That would be cheaper than peppering him with shots from really far away ( see above )
But I dont think we should say every weird ability comes from a devil fruit. And secondly the way he holds his hands does remind me of the way Foxy held his hands for the noro noro beam.... maybe a DF from that Genus or Species if it acctually is a DF.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Hypnosis? I don't think so. Look back at the Pirate Summit. Flamingo controled them like a puppet. Both of the Marines are concious at that time.

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Must be in relation with Chiyo-baa for chakra string lessons.

Dark Zeza

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

White Silver said:
Must be in relation with Chiyo-baa for chakra string lessons.

Hahahaha. Maybe Don Flamingo studied from her. :smile-big The ways of using fingers are the same.

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

One Piece is better than naruto could ever be. And for the record I love naruto ... sans fillers.
Now that i think of it, Foxy could beat Don Flamingo ... hard to control someone when you're moving in slow motion. XD lol

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Anti-panda said:
One Piece is better than naruto could ever be. And for the record I love naruto ... sans fillers.
Now that i think of it, Foxy could beat Don Flamingo ... hard to control someone when you're moving in slow motion. XD lol
the problem with foxy is that he's an idiot to begin with.

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

:crying Oyabin :crying

Last edited: