Re: Dogashi Kaiden by Hamada Kosuke
Hmmm...
I really haven't seen the manga's real defining identity yet. I'm looking for the "What makes me different from other mangas" factor in it, and so far, and to be honest, this still feels like it isn't any different from Slam Dunk.
Slam Dunk's Sakuragi started his story in the world of basketball in just about the same way Haruyoshi is doing...Both are placing a challenge with becoming a member of the basketball team as a goal in their minds.
IMO, if he wins, I'm not gonna be impressed at all even if Haruyoshi does something spectacular. If he loses however, would be a little more different a story, but if he moves out of the school and goes to another to be able to play on a weak team, it sound just like Crossover.
It's gonna be pretty hard for the mangaka to actually create this manga's identity since most plot lines possible in sports mangas are very limited, and almost all are used up.