Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyway, I believe the next chapter will be great. :)
No doubt about it. I can't wait to see this "Double Arts" in action, not to mention more Sui ;). It seems the last few chapters have been mainly comedic chapters, but finally the action's about to start up again. Also, the Gazelle seem to be quite interesting, wonder what they are plotting.

Also, after reading the 4 page special in Akamaru Jump, all I can say is poor Kiri :darn.
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I just realized something. Lucci Zezu looks an awful lot like Axel from Kingdom Hearts.
Now I can tell some people haven't read my translation threads because you would have seen that I hit Kingdom hearts from day 1.

now before the mods get mad again, back on topic:

From the phrasing of the conversation at the start of ch20, very interesting information is revealed. For one, the 5 of the 11 gazelle are already dead. could this imply they have troy?

Two, the boss (who is a female by kanji, btw) was the subject of the conversation with the hooded "messenger" (as zezu jokingly said). Assuming that the topic of their conversation was the boss, then that would mean this female boss has flare too. But, even more interestingly is the fact revealed that "no human alive in the history of troy has ever been immune to it", meaning that even their boss is not immune.

My theory? The boss has flare AND is infected with Troy.
That's why she has to meet him at all costs...
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Another thing, this "messenger" boy (is it a man or a woman?), is he one of the 11 Gazelle, or no? Or is he only, like Zezu said, a messenger? And a messenger for who? Is it possible that he is a messenger for their dead boss? (I believe their boss is dead, and buried there)
 

Quetz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
496
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now I can tell some people haven't read my translation threads because you would have seen that I hit Kingdom hearts from day 1.

now before the mods get mad again, back on topic:

From the phrasing of the conversation at the start of ch20, very interesting information is revealed. For one, the 5 of the 11 gazelle are already dead. could this imply they have troy?

Two, the boss (who is a female by kanji, btw) was the subject of the conversation with the hooded "messenger" (as zezu jokingly said). Assuming that the topic of their conversation was the boss, then that would mean this female boss has flare too. But, even more interestingly is the fact revealed that "no human alive in the history of troy has ever been immune to it", meaning that even their boss is not immune.

My theory? The boss has flare AND is infected with Troy.
That's why she has to meet him at all costs...
Sounds like a pretty sound theory, I'm gonna agree with it. Matches up with what zezu was saying a few chapters ago. I'll also buy into the whole boss being dead thing, or at least the gazelle's original boss. Alternatively, maybe the old boss had flare, and the new boss (female) is lacking it, which explains her interest in kiri.
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I got the tankoubon a few days ago and finally read the side story for Kiri's parents. So cute! <3

It's a nice compilation overall. I really like the line-shaded drawings.
 

deadberry

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
57
Reaction score
377
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
第22話 "双戦舞"

ワイルレインを撃ってきたハゲ

   対人捕獲専用に開発されたこの兵器
   その弾頭は空中で分解 
   無数の小矢が豪雨の如く降り注ぎ
   対象の機動力を奪う・・・!!

だけど、血だるまにはなるが死なないような設計になってるようです

キリ「行くぞ エルー」
エル「・・・・・・・・・ はい!」

ワン!   ツー!   ワン!

矢が地面に勢い良く刺さってきます
が、キリエルはもちろん刺さってません

ハゲ「!? なっ・・・!? バカな・・・!!無傷だと・・・!?なぜ・・・!!」

ファランは矢を掴み、スイはわっかをクルクルさせて防いだ模様

エル「・・・キリさん!」
キリ「ああ・・・いけるな・・・!」

ハゲはもう一度撃つよう指示しますが、その矢もキリエルは華麗に避けます

ハゲ「躱しているのか!?この無数の矢の雨の・・・全てを・・・!!
   例の力を除けば だたのガキだと聞いていたのに・・・!!これでは話が違う・・・!!」

エル(わかる・・・キリさんが次どう動きたいのか・・・イメージできる・・・!!)

   キリさんは元々・・・
   私の動きに合わせられる運動神経を持っていた
   それが今
   私達はダンスという二人で動くための共通の手段(ツール)を得た・・・!!
   今なら
   どんな事でも出来そうだ・・・!!
   どんな敵が現れたって・・・

笑ってエルーの方を見るキリ
エルーは少し赤くなります

ハゲはワイルレインが単発式な事から、直接捕らえろと命令します
スイは屋根の上でモタモタしているハゲを見てニヤリ

キリエルは息の合ったステップで華麗に地上の敵をなぎ払っていきます

一方スイは、ハゲの元に辿り着きました
ハゲはスイに押され、下に落ちてしまいます
そこにはキリエルが

ダブルスピン アンド   
"二重回転" "そして" "フィニッシュ!!"

二人の蹴りがハゲの顔面にヒット!

第22話・・・/おわり









 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol, it appears they really are dance fighting! Anyway, it looks like the action begins. The chapter looks good!
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Woot!
Looks like they're dancing their way out of the Wile Rain!

BTW, what are they kicking at the last page?
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Fuuuck!
I'm very looking forward to this chapter.
Looks great
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
We finally get to see the duo beginning to kick some ass. I'm very looking forward to this chapter since the action looks great. Also, what exactly are they kicking at the last page?
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
ah, it's the baldy I think. Look, on the bottom left corner of that page, that's his head! (There's an ear)
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
haha! looks great! cant wait! on the last page, does it say "Bainistuyu" or "Bainishiyu"?
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting. I'll wait to read the chapter though to make my opinion.
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
it was my understanding that the "messenger" guy zezu was calling was just a joke.
He is one of the 11 gazelle.

Also, I know someone might argue semantics on the kana but i thought the attack was "vile rain"...
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hehe, this chapter was pretty good. Their fighting style is pretty cool, not to mention Sui was great (of course, when isn't she?). Even Elle got a good shot in for once. I can't wait for them to fight a stronger opponent.
 

Shindou

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Poland
RAW is out!

Whee! Incredible fight! :amuse I love this panel:



Elle looks soooo sexy! :eyeroll
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
WOW.:blink that was one of the most exhilarating fight sequences I've ever seen.
really really really want to see this animated. :D Hey Shueisha, next year's JUMP Festa, please?:3

Whee! Incredible fight! :amuse I love this panel:


Elle looks soooo sexy! :eyeroll
whoa, I totally missed that the first time around. such a drastic style change...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Amazing.
The moviments are basic yet.
Of course, it couldn't be different, nothing much eccentric, it's only the beginning... but I'm very, very satisfied.

-Elle so cuuuuute with love is in the air.

-Farran/Fallan is a poser, LO~~L!
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yet another battle that lasted only a chapter....*sigh*
 
Top