Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
The Linux Typesetting discussion has been moved here.
 

Tytani

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Hi! When someone will work with omake from 3 volume? <3333
Njt you will translated it, but last?
( sorry for bad english xD )
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
I have the vol3 omake scanned and cleaned - just waiting for my translator to finish his part.
 

shinigamikender

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm curious if there were any DA doujinshi at Winter Comiket this year...
I checked around on a few of the fanartist sites that I know of and saw there was at least artist that would be selling a DA doujinshi.

But I don't know about any others. I had someone looking for Bakuman and Nurarihyon ones. I didn't even think to check for DA.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
I checked around on a few of the fanartist sites that I know of and saw there was at least artist that would be selling a DA doujinshi.
ooh, who? I checked on Y!J after Comiket and couldn't find any, but it might have been too soon.
 

shinigamikender

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ooh, who? I checked on Y!J after Comiket and couldn't find any, but it might have been too soon.
paradigm? The art's really pretty disappointing, though. Checked Y!J after that, too, but still nothing Double Arts (although some very cute pre-made Elraine cosplay-- If only I were anywhere near the size of the average Japanese cosplayer).
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
aw, yeah. I see what you mean. Still... the fact that one exists at all is pretty encouraging:XD
 

shinigamikender

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah :D Still a chance that there are others out there.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Make one yourself :smile-big

*points to amateur manga section*
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hey, any word on the omake pages from the third book?

P.S. the DA wiki page was deleted....
 

Tytani

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
wow Illuminati Manga give Double Arts volume 2 and 3 RAWs, it's sooo awesome *.*

I want this scanlated :<
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
The Edited Manga is on the way, just wait a little more ^^
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
hey, any word on the omake pages from the third book?

P.S. the DA wiki page was deleted....
just got the computer that my raw WIPs were on up and running again (gar, Intel Inside. GAR.) so will be getting back on work on them.

Is is possible to retrieve the Wiki page info anywhere? Maybe it can be saved on someone's web site if Wikipedia doesn't want it?
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
haya5h1 said:
Is is possible to retrieve the Wiki page info anywhere? Maybe it can be saved on someone's web site if Wikipedia doesn't want it?
not likely.... i wouldent even know were to begin to search.... i know a lot of effort was put into that page.(mainly because i updated it almost weekly as soon as i finnished each chapter. then people would go behind me and make corrections.) but those that were against the page cut both the series and Komi down. and bringing up the fact that it wasnt popular in japan as a reason for the pages deletion.... truly a sad thing.

but they probably wiped it out of their system completely.

The result was delete. Absolutely no coverage in reliable third party sources has been demonstrated; there's virtually unanimous consensus that the subject of the article is not notable enough for inclusion — this has even been admitted by those who said the article should be deleted. This point can not be ignored, even though some may find this article interesting, useful, nice or whatever. After all, there's a clear consensus that the article does not meet our guidelines for inclusion — nothing else matters in the end. — Aitias // discussion 22:30, 6 February 2009 (UTC)

[edit] Double Arts
Double Arts (edit|talk|history|links|watch|logs) (delete) – (View log)
Another non-notable manga series that was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump for just over 5 months. No reviews or other coverage by third-party reliable source could be found. Author appears to be non-notable with only a series of non-notable one-shots to his credits. Farix (Talk) 19:12, 1 February 2009 (UTC)

The opening chapters were cute (and generated an impressive amount of fangirl squee-age) but the series went downhill rapidly -- and it looks like the readers of WSJ agreed. Short-lived, unsuccessful series that, if it got any reliable notice, I can't find it. Delete. —Quasirandom (talk) 22:03, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
Delete, has no importance, no one cares, no one's going to look it up. Most of these articles that are getting deleted are based off Edited Mangas. – J U M P G U R U ■ask㋐㋜㋗■ 22:21, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
Delete, short lived series and fails WP:BK having no significant coverage in reliable third party sources. -- Collectonian (talk · contribs) 00:47, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Delete per above. ~Itzjustdrama C ? 01:08, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Delete per above. Having every failed serialization isn't in the scope of WP:Anime. --KrebMarkt 09:29, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Not Delete Simply because I do care, and I did look it up. I was coming to look to read about it and look up new information. Though this is probably irrelevant as I do not know the proper procedure... The page said 'share your thoughts' so I am. -Alex, not registered. (first time doing anything on wikipedia so apologies if I mess something up) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 67.224.147.253 (talk) 19:37, 2 February 2009 (UTC)

Which goes to show that WP:NOTE does restrict the utility of Wikipedia. Whether this is good or bad, is another issue, but current culture generally believes this is good. —Quasirandom (talk) 00:33, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
Not Delete I also care about this series and loved it from start to finish. While most readers of WSJ didn't enjoy it, I know that I and several of my friends greatly enjoyed the series and do not wish for the Wikipedia article to be deleted. Not only that, but I have had some work put into this article and do not wish to see that go to waste. Caterfree10 (talk) 06:17, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
Keep Google returns 76,400 for "Double Arts" "manga", and its been published in a popular and very notable manga magazine. Don't care if you think that is notable, I do, and so I vote Keep under the wikipedia rules that the policies are just suggestions, to use common sense, and keep anything that makes the encyclopedia better. Dream Focus (talk) 12:01, 3 February 2009 (UTC)

I looked that up...and...the only thing it came up with is Edited Manga sites and livejournals. – J U M P G U R U ■ask㋐㋜㋗■ 17:18, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Nothing's lost forever on the Internets.;)

Google cache

savefile

It's the last cache from Feb 6, so that's probably as updated as it is. It may require some copy & paste but probably the info at least can be saved if not the daffy Wiki layout.

and now I HAVE to get back to finishing these omake before my PC crashes again:sweat
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
It's normal that such a little known manga won't get a wiki page of it's own. A early canceled series will never get licensed either, so it's fully irrelevant to an English wikipedia. You can try to write an informative article on Komi Naoshi with sources. Maybe translate the Japanese wiki article while keeping all source links because that is acceptable (place a note: translation from japanese wikipedia). That has a better chance of staying alive.

What you could do alternatively, is listing all manga with summaries and author names that were canceled, dropped or are on longtime hold on one wiki page. Not just WSJ manga but generally series that were discontinued for some reason.

But you should contact someone from wiki's manga project group first. And don't give Edited Mangas as source, those aren't welcomed.

On a last note, this is no thread for wikipedia so let's drop this topic here.
 
Last edited:

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
mwahahaha! that's awesome! thanks. i love the one where Farran's easting and Sui's in the corner drooling...lol ohh man i gotta get book three for my b-day next month.

aww... i so wish Andie had made it into the series more than she did, but it was good to see her have her own page.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
just shows how caring Naoshi is for his little series that just about couldn't

man reading the extras brought it all back.... made me all teary eyed :O
 
Top