Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
But like Zoe said, what reason do they have to lie to Elle?

I think the size difference between Mink and Urates may be THE clue to Kiri's ability. Perhaps Mink and Urates are of different races, and both races naturally possess a recessive gene for his ability that doesn't emerge when members of the races mate with their own race, but became dominant in Kiri because of his mixed blood.

I am not Gregor Mendel, but I have this
that in the past, the 4 races lived separately because of distance or hostility. And only in the recent centuries - maybe unified by the Troi epidemic, maybe because of improved transportation - the races started to mix with each other, leading to mixed-race marriages.

You know how mix-breed mutts are (almost) always healthier than purebred dogs? So, my theory is, the early result of the race-mixing was the emergence of girls who have partial immunity to Troi. Girls who weren't identified as Sisters might have gone on to have children who carried recessive Troi-immunity genes that have the potential to become dominant if the people who have them mate with the right people.

Going by this theory, and assuming normal mutation rate, it's possible that all kinds of Troi-immunity genes could be going dominant. Kiri's generation might see the emergence of more kids who are immune to Troi, though probably not to the degree that Kiri is. The emergence of Elle as one of the most powerful Maille Sisters with an increased ability to tolerate Troi is also a sign.

The theorized "5th race" could therefore be a group of people who are all descendants of mixed-race pairings, who possess extraordinary abilities because of their mixed blood. The Gazelle might be a 5th race subgroup who have realized this, and are evilly making sure that only their race survives by ensuring that all the other races are wiped out by Troi. Therefore there might be nothing sinister at all about Kiri's ability - Komi might just be pointing out that he's genetically similar to the Gazelle but not necessarily destined to become a member of them.
First of all would you tell when keeping it secret while his son is sitting there? You can't know but maybe it's a secret between his father and his mother, just between the two. I don't say it is but my intuition says me there isn't something true or right. We know there are four races. But don't you think it's strange that all people living in that village are normal people, even sui of a race is still normal as not having some abnormal power.

Second what I think is strange: though the two previous attacker were "gazelle", they were normal and hired by someone. That someone seems to be special too like kiri. Imo it's a bit strange and somehow his powers will allow him too to avoid being affected by troi (zezu is so fast that a normal person will never be able to touch him and if so, they are very well dressed).

That's why I think: kiri just this opponent-gazelle/zezu and prolly other gazelles are part of one of the four races OR which I prefer more: a fifth forgotten race that was nearly to extinction because they were feared by the 4 races for their special powers (a reason why they are forgotten and why it is said there are only 4 races). The gazelle are talking about a plan and troy. Don't forget being immune ca be something natural but zezu hasn't seen kiris boost power yet, so he might change thoughts about kiri when seeing that (eg: is he one of us???, etc)


unstickied this thread ~koenosaki
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder how long it will take this manga to truly get going. I can't wait until it develops it's story and characters further. I expect great things. It's got a great start so far.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The spoiler guy has posted a short spoiler.

シスターと手をつないでフレアが発動し、ゼズゥの手から逃れる→ゼズゥがフレアの能力に気づく→ゼズゥ帰る
According to babelfish, it looks like Kiri did something. :)
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
ah very short spoiler but anyway thanks a lot rhaps but

aren't those things we can come up with too :D - but if this is true then I wonder

what kiri exactly did to zezu
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think it is true b/c it was from the same guy and all of his spoilers were confirmed in the past chapters.

Flare is mentioned a lot but I will let someone translates the spoiler accurately. ^^


The script and camshots are out!

第9話 "そして彼は歩き出す"

蹴りを入れてもビクともしないゼズゥ
地面に転がってるソバカスシスターに蹴りをいれ、吹き飛ばします

キリは自分の不甲斐なさを嘆きます
すると、別のシスターがナイフをとってゼズゥに向かっていきます
ハッと何かに気づいたキリ

キリ「手をっ!!」

シスターと手をつないで  フ  レ  ア  !  ! 
シスターはそのままゼズゥに攻撃を仕掛けます

ゼズゥ(…なんだ? 急に動きが良くなった…腕力まで…)

キリ、ゼズゥの手から逃れますが、シスターはゼズゥの蹴りで倒れてしまいます
キリはゼズゥにパンチ
当たった瞬間、ゼズゥは何かを感じます

ゼズゥ(なんだ!?こいつは一体…この感覚は………!!)

でも、攻撃は全然効いてません
すると、ローズが矢を放ちます
その隙にエルーの元へいくキリ
手足が消えてましたが、なんとか戻りました

ゼズゥ「小僧…お前 どうして"この力"を持ってる…?」
ゼズゥ(…間違えない さっきの力は確かにオレの知ってる物だった
    トロイを抑えるってのはこれのことだったのか
    だがなぜだ? なぜ このガキがその力を持ってる?
    唯一無二の物のハズだろ)
ゼズゥ「予定変更だな…」
ゼズゥ「おい小僧 お前に少し興味が沸いた
    今日の所は生かしておいてやるよ」
キリ「おい待て!(以下略」
ゼズゥ「まぁ 当分退屈はしねぇだろうから安心しろよ
    これからはお前んとには ガゼルの使者…
    お前等のいう ガゼルの暗殺者がわんさかやってくるだろうからな
    お前を殺すかどうかは 次に会った時に決めてやる…
    せいぜい頑張って生き残れ」
ゼズゥ(…お前がそれをどう使うのか 楽しみだ) ニヤリ

ゼズゥは去っていきました
後はみんなで協会の修復です

キリは自分のせいで他の人がケガしてしまったのを悔やんでいます
エルーはあなたのせいじゃないと庇います
ひとりのシスターがキリを呼びます

シスター「ひとつだけ…どうしても言っておくことが…」
キリ「・・・ごめん オレのせいでみんなが・・・」
シスター「ありがとう!!
     あなたのおかげでみんな生き残る事ができた…!
     本当にありがとうございます…!!
     あの時キリさん達が戻ってきてくれなかったら…
     きっとみんな殺されてたから…だから…!
     逃げてくれって頼んだのは私達だけど…
     私…みんなが生きてくれて本当に嬉しかったから…
     ありがとう…!!」
キリ「………… オレは…!」
エルー「キリさん あなたが選んだんですよ…?
    あなたが戻る事を決めたんです
    周りの言葉も振り切って…
    あなたのした事は無駄なんかじゃない
    事情はどうあれ結果的にみんなを守ったのはあなたなんです…」


 今思えば
 私達の旅が
 始まったのは
 この時からだ

 ガゼルメンバー
 ルーシー・ゼズゥ
 との邂逅

 そして

キリ「…オレはそれでも こんな思いは二度とゴメンだ
   守られるのも… オレのために誰かが傷つくのも
   だったら…オレは…!」

 君は
 この時に

 それが辛い道だと
 知っててなお

 君は
 歩いて行くことを
 決めたんだ

 そしてそれは
 やっぱり

 正しかったんだって
 今でも思うよ


第9話…おわり

 
Last edited:

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting chapter! I think there's a regular translator sort of for this series so I will stay away...anyways, looks like Kiri's power of Flare is certainly linked to that of a Gazelle
thanks!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
So I was so

RIGHT, I knew kiri was linked with the gazelle. I got that inuition. Anyway caesarpk I don't think someone would mind to translate a short summary. It's the chaps that are be done by shrimpy. I think I have seen some others giving script translations. And zezu really looks suprised as he can't do anything(not as be unable to move but more like must tell this to the co-gazelle members before doing something stupid because he doesn't know) - btw was kiri able to touch zezu while other couldn't prolly vanish -> was kiri faster? did it got to do with his power?

thanks rhaps and caesarpk
 
Last edited:

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
第9話 "そして彼は歩き出す"
Chapter 9: And so he begins walking

キリは自分の不甲斐なさを嘆きます
すると、別のシスターがナイフをとってゼズゥに向かっていきます
ハッと何かに気づいたキリ
Kiri can't do anything to Zezu, but when a sister, golding a knife, rushed toward Zezu he said,

キリ「手をっ!!」
You hand!
シスターと手をつないで  フ  レ  ア  !  ! 
シスターはそのままゼズゥに攻撃を仕掛けます

Zezu is surprised, but when Kiri punches him, he

ゼズゥ(なんだ!?こいつは一体…この感覚は………!!)
Zezu: What? What the heck is this...this feeling...!

Kiri's punch didn't hurt zezu, but as Rose fired a arrow, he manages to save Elle

ゼズゥ「小僧…お前 どうして"この力"を持ってる…?」
ゼズゥ(…間違えない さっきの力は確かにオレの知ってる物だった
    トロイを抑えるってのはこれのことだったのか
    だがなぜだ? なぜ このガキがその力を持ってる?
    唯一無二の物のハズだろ)
Zezu: Hey, kid...why do you have this "power" ?
(THere's no mistaking it...this power is something i certainly know...blahblah...this supposed to be a unique power

ゼズゥ「予定変更だな…」
ゼズゥ「おい小僧 お前に少し興味が沸いた
    今日の所は生かしておいてやるよ」
Zezu says that he will let Kiri live for now
キリ「おい待て!(以下略」
ゼズゥ「まぁ 当分退屈はしねぇだろうから安心しろよ
    これからはお前んとには ガゼルの使者…
    お前等のいう ガゼルの暗殺者がわんさかやってくるだろうからな
    お前を殺すかどうかは 次に会った時に決めてやる…
    せいぜい頑張って生き残れ」
blah
ゼズゥ(…お前がそれをどう使うのか 楽しみだ) ニヤリ
Zezu: how will you use it...I'm highly interested...smirk

キリは自分のせいで他の人がケガしてしまったのを悔やんでいます
エルーはあなたのせいじゃないと庇います
ひとりのシスターがキリを呼びます
Kiri is depressed for what happened, and Elle conforts him
シスター「ひとつだけ…どうしても言っておくことが…」
キリ「・・・ごめん オレのせいでみんなが・・・」
シスター「ありがとう!!
     あなたのおかげでみんな生き残る事ができた…!
     本当にありがとうございます…!!
     あの時キリさん達が戻ってきてくれなかったら…
     きっとみんな殺されてたから…だから…!
     逃げてくれって頼んだのは私達だけど…
     私…みんなが生きてくれて本当に嬉しかったから…
     ありがとう…!!」
キリ「………… オレは…!」
エルー「キリさん あなたが選んだんですよ…?
    あなたが戻る事を決めたんです
    周りの言葉も振り切って…
    あなたのした事は無駄なんかじゃない
    事情はどうあれ結果的にみんなを守ったのはあなたなんです…」
Sisters thank Kiri

 今思えば
 私達の旅が
 始まったのは
 この時からだ
If I think back now
Our Journey
Has began
from this point on

 ガゼルメンバー
 ルーシー・ゼズゥ
 との邂逅

 そして

キリ「…オレはそれでも こんな思いは二度とゴメンだ
   守られるのも… オレのために誰かが傷つくのも
   だったら…オレは…!」

 君は
 この時に

 それが辛い道だと
 知っててなお

 君は
 歩いて行くことを
 決めたんだ

 そしてそれは
 やっぱり

 正しかったんだって
 今でも思うよ

Blah(Elle's reminiscent)
第9話…おわり


I forgot the spoiler tag...and the Edit function is not working(whenever I try to edit it doesn't work)


it says
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions_editor.php on line 93

did the spoiler tags for you, ~koenosaki
 
Last edited by a moderator:

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks for the summary!

I wonder what the Gazelle are planning since Zezu leta Kiri go.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Got those questions too

but kiri stands for special power and gazelle seems to stand for an orgainzation with special powered people. Troi is part of their plan but zezu doesn't know and I think he'll need to talk with the others
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Zezu: how will you use it...I'm highly interested...smirk
There seems to be several ways for Kiri to use his ability based on that quote so I guess we will see other uses in the future chapters.

I wonder how many people have Kiri's power; I don't think Zezu has it, but maybe one of his allies does.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
There seems to be several ways for Kiri to use his ability based on that quote so I guess we will see other uses in the future chapters.

I wonder how many people have Kiri's power; I don't think Zezu has it, but maybe one of his allies does.
nice catch, indeed it could mean zezu knows something about this power. For sure he doesn't have it but it's somehow cool: kiris power are a gift(?) for the sisters but now the gazelle/zezu are interested too. Well I have always thought if kiri can boost a sisters ability then I think he can boost trois negative effects too. Is kiri immune? Well as med student could rhaps, these things are in your league ;) but sisters ability and kiris ability work in a different way. My guess: kiri isn't immune himself but because of his boost power the sisters resistance to troi grows so much he can touch them because of that. :headscratch I hope to find out more about how specificely kiris power works
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
 正しかったんだって
 今でも思うよ
"That was [the correct choice]
Even now I think that"

DUN Dun dun...

Pretty ominous.
 

Ging

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
149
Gender
Male
Country
Marshall Islands
i wonder what kind of power Kiri has? (the real one)
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
From the picture it looks like
Zezu was reacting to Kiri's regular strengthening power.

But it need not be a power specific to the Gazelles... Perhaps the Gazelle recruit people with powers like that instead of killing them. Or Zezu might even have encountered it in battle with someone who has a similar power.

Actually, now I think about it, none of the Gazelle assassins we've seem have special powers like Kiri, not even Zezu. I mean, we've only seen them in action against the Sisters and Kiri, who are all youngsters (Sui doesn't count, she's a monster:XD) so the Gazelle may only seem more powerful in comparison.

Makes me wonder, now, just how big the world that Kiri and Elle live in is. Seems like even the Sisters may be pretty isolated if even Sister Martha hasn't heard of someone like Kiri before.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
just to mention the first real gazelle we have seen is zezu and zezu alone. The other two: sword guy and knifes guy were just murderers hired by zezu -> so it could be that

gazelle are special powered people
 

Ging

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
149
Gender
Male
Country
Marshall Islands
it looks like the gazelles is using Troi to conquer Kiri's world :oh
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
just to mention the first real gazelle we have seen is zezu and zezu alone. The other two: sword guy and knifes guy were just murderers hired by zezu -> so it could be that

gazelle are special powered people
My point is that special powers don't automatically make someone a Gazelle.

Elle's words sure are ominous, though I just don't see how Kiri could possibly turn against the Sisters unless it was for a darned good reason.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Hmm, Looked into the raw and I can't come up with anything. This is like a-trans/scan-await-chapter. But it looked good if you ask me

@haya5h1: let's hope we'll find out more about gazelle. But I agree with you, it doesn't necessary have to be that special powers are gazelle .
 
Last edited:

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yay, Heim is still alive T_T
 
Top