Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Oh yeah, I've been wondering about the same thing, if Kiri's immune to Troi, shouldn't he also be able to do "Drain"? Then why Elle's keep getting seizure? I mean, Kiri should have drained some Troi inside Elle, so it shouldn't be at the level where she would get a seizure, right?

I just don't get it.... or may be what Kiri's doing isn't exactly draining, more like sharing the antibody...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It´s clear to me that Kiri doesn't drain Troi. He only stagnates the progress of the disease while he is in contact with a sick person (In fact, seems he transform a sick person in a healthy person)

If he was able to drain Troi he would be able to stop Elle's seizure without being in permanent contact with her.
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, then why can't he, like, Drain Troi? I thought Drain doesn't require, like, any special ability, just a simple natural resistance so he can, like, take more dose of Troi than average people can before he gets any seizure

So. let's make an example, if Elle's capacity of taking Troi's toxic is 1000, and patient A is 100
E: 500 || A: 90 >>after treatment>> E: 550 || A: 40
isn't this what Drain actually do? Since Troi transfers, like, automatically, every person with more capacity should be able to it.

So, if it's for Kiri, it will be as simple as:
K: 200 || A: 90 >>after treatment>> K: 250 || A: 40
Since for Kiri, the capacity is, like, limitless, he can take as many Troi as he wants to


I just love how Heine talks ^^
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Kiri's Flare boosts strength in himself and the person he touches, and whatever ability they already have. He can't inherit any skills or powers from the people he touches. It doesn't seem like Troi can be totally eradicated from a person, since Elle has explained that once a person has Troi, even if a Sister has performed Drain on him or her, that person can't ever touch another person again because the other person will get Troi. In other words, Drain doesn't cure Troi, it only staves off the inevitable.

As for Elle, the first time she had a seizure, she appeared surprised that it was happening so soon. Maybe she had been told that she could still perform a few more treatments... or maybe her special "White Fairy" ability makes it hard to predict exactly how much she can take. And it seems like Sisters can't heal each other either.
 
Last edited:

Doc Astaroth

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kiri's Flare boosts strength in himself and the person he touches, and whatever ability they already have. He can't inherit any skills or powers from the people he touches. It doesn't seem like Troi can be totally eradicated from a person, since Elle has explained that once a person has Troi, even if a Sister has performed Drain on him or her, that person can't ever touch another person again because the other person will get Troi. In other words, Drain doesn't cure Troi, it only staves off the inevitable.
Because the sister only drains the poisons out the patient.
The actual virus can´t drain... But I believe, Troi is rather a curse with the purpose to isolate people!


[qoute]
As for Elle, the first time she had a seizure, she appeared surprised that it was happening so soon. Maybe she had been told that she still could still perform a few more treatments... or maybe her special "White Fairy" ability makes it hard to predict exactly how much she can take. And it seems like Sisters can't heal each other either.[/QUOTE]

I think, she could... But typically, it wouldn´t make any sense, because at the end the amount of the poison, which is absorbed and collected by all sisters, would be the same!
But with Kiri on her side, Elle doesn´t have any limit anymore...
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Elle hasn't treated anyone since meeting with Kiri though. I'm doubtful that she has no limits unless it's specifically stated.... I think that Kiri is giving her enough of a boost that she's able to stay ahead of the poison's deadly effect, but another Drain treatment might be enough to kill her even with her boosted stamina. I think the most recent chapter was meant to allude to this possibility. But I'd prefer that she didn't find out the hard way....

as for the most recent chapter, I thought Heine was a little Mary Sue-ish:x but the story as a whole was definitely touching...

and Kiri's going to make a good housewife someday.:XD
 
Last edited:

rakkynon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
...and Kiri's going to make a good housewife someday
:XD

I liked the new girl! She seems so innocent yet brave enough to face death. Hope we see her again ^_^
Lol, i wonder if he'll be beaten someday by a carrot farmer. :blink
 

Dorothy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
307
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Excuse me, I hope that this isn't the wrong place for this question...
Does someone have a highter resolution of this image?



I'd like to use Kiri for a fanlisting but the quality is too bad... thanks for attention! :amuse
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I agree. In all the specific wording I've read, we only know that Flare is a boost and not a cure. That's why they want to research him, for the hopes of DERIVING a cure from his ability, not physically using him as a human anti-venom. But whether or not elle can continue to drain in this condition is a big old question mark. We shall see.
 

Belle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I would say yes, she can drain, but if Elle does it too much, then Kiri's flare will be ineffective, as his Flare couldn't possibly boost her immunity to Troi any higher. She has a high immunity as it is. If Flare, per say, only doubled her immunity, then I dare say she could drain away Troi from a lot more people. Soon as she lets go of his hand though: zap!
 

sylvira

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Alright, generally Elle could probably drain a few more people but they have to be careful because you never know where her limits lay. Kiri's flare is not invincible; he boosts immunity to a certain extent and that's it. Beyond the extra leeway he gives Elle she'll be a goner.

And NO he cannot drain others' poison away like sisters because all flare does is stop the progression of Troi. Kiri is not a vacuum with a black hole as his collecting bag 'kay? >__< The Church wants to see Kiri's body and immune system so that they might be able to understand how his body protects him and glean off a similar procedure. Kiri is not, and never will be, the all-powerful saviour that can just take in everybody's illnesses because he is not invincible.

The church said to Elle she might not live to 20 at the rate she was working but her seizures started at the age of 16. So we can assume that Heine isn't going to last even 1 or 2 more drains. And I really doubt that they'll add Heine as part of the permanent cast because hello? Three beds? Ridiculously inconvenient and this would completely put a cramp in their travels.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would have to say that Elle can't use drain w/o harming herself while touching Kiri. Simply for the fact that if she could she would be able to keep all the sisters alive for a while by draining them, and that would make things too easy, imo. That is of course if sisters are capable of being drained, I don't know whether it has been stated that they can or cannot be. I'm sure we'll find out in due time though.

As for the chapter, it wasn't as good as the last few, but the ending made it worthwhile. I will say one thing though, the author really knows how to make great characters. Every character introduced so far has been really great. I can't wait for more.
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Mei from 2ch

Spoiler Script

第16話 "シスター・ハイネの物語"

キリエルは本部への報告の中で、ハイネは今日が最後の仕事だという事を知る

一方、20分ほど前のハイネ、本部との電話
仕事が入っているといわれるハイネ
これが、もしかしたら最後の治療になるかもと言われ、考え直さないかと言われます
しかし、ハイネは最後の最後までシスターとして治療し続けるという

再びキリエル、雨の中走ってます、もちろんハイネを助けにいくつもりです
すると、ファランが現れます
助けた後どうする? 両手に花で協会本部を目指すのか? この先出会う人皆助けるつもりか?
と、言われ
そんなもん 後でいくらでも考えればいいだろ? 死んじまってからじゃ遅いんだからさ
と、キリ
2人は再び走り出していきます

   でもね
   キリさん
   私・・・

   一つ
   思いつきましたよ

   ハイネさんを
   救う・・・

   一番いい方法―――・・・

場面変わってハイネは、患者の家に着きました
ハイネは後悔なんてしてません
目を閉じて最後の治療をすると、ハイネは発作に襲われます
自分の手を見ると、透けてきています

   ・・・・・・・・・
   気付いて
   しまった

   恐い
   
   やっぱり
   ウチ
   死ぬんは
   イヤや・・・!!

~絵を描いてみんなに褒められている回想→治療に間に合わなかった後絵の道具を全部捨てた回想~

   生きたいのに・・・!!!

   お願い 誰か
   助けて・・・!!

   助けて!!!

すると、キリエルが勢いよく入ってきます

キリ「手を!!」

見開きの2/3くらいで繋いだ手のアップ
煽り「この手で救って―― 繋いでみせる!!」

Spoiler Pics (5)



 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
two hands holding kiri :D sweet
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well its "Triple Arts" now! lol
well it's good to see the spoilers out so soon! thanks
 

sylvira

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
ahahah, I guess this was inevitable.

pretty soon, we'll have an entire harem of sisters. XD
 

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
pretty soon, we'll have an entire harem of sisters. XD
I hope not. I mean, it's "double" arts after all. I think the author is going to somehow make one of them go away. Like getting healed, or get killed.(That would be super cruel tho.)
I mean, it's just as Farran say
"If you save her now, are you going to save every single one of them?"
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't like the new sister. I will be mad if they make her part of the regular cast...

She looks too much like Elle...but annoying.
 

Dorothy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
307
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Oh, Kiri is so sweet :wtf But Haine is too like Elraine, I don't think she will join the team.
 

sylvira

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I hope not. I mean, it's "double" arts after all. I think the author is going to somehow make one of them go away. Like getting healed, or get killed.(That would be super cruel tho.)
I mean, it's just as Farran say
"If you save her now, are you going to save every single one of them?"
I completely agree with you. I just meant that as a joke, because Komi Naoshi actually seems to have a decent plot. That was just meant as a throwback to something like Sekirei.

And having the new sister tag along would grate on my nerves anyways. Because she's just. So. Annoying.
 
Top