Chapter Dr. Stone Chapter 139 Spoilers & Discussion

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Dr. Stone.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Tsukasa has a twin?

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Okay, the Mystery Person plotpoint has been activated. I'm interested to see what does that tattoo mean. Probably related to Medusa somehow I'd guess.

I don't speak Korean but...does the signal comes from the moon? And wait...the mystery guy has a moon on his forehead...OK, he is indeed related to Medusa/Why-Man and so on. That's really a nice clue to include on the thread I made yesterday.

im.me

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Senku has an Evil twin, maybe he was de-prettified earlier than Senku, As I remembered Senku consumed a ton of calories counting the seconds since he was petrified, it stands to reason that his twin would do something similar, but for some reason he revived earlier, founding an earlier kingdom of science, that has somehow achieved the technology to go the moon, and being safe from the medusa, he send a spy to treasure island to try to get the medusa.

Or something of that sort.

NiCO8989

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
More spoilers:
One day lots of medusa fell from sky.
Why mans voice is artificial and is on repeat.
Why man is on moon.
Last page Senku says they're going to moon.

Last edited:

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Out on MangaPlus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006279

HAHAHA this first few pages were so meta. Really describing the theories people have been floating around since last week lol

Okay, so we got a looooot of background, interrupted by plot reasons. Damn Boichi.
As I once hypothesized, the Medusa has being used to cause problems and havoc in the world...I was just not expecting that THOUSANDS or more of it to exist...that's a problem. I'm already predicting that those "thiefs/rogues" from the Ishigami Village will be in possession of one.

Also: synthetic voice. But how? Is it really like Chrome thought? Because of Senku's command to defeat Ibara? There are so many questions about WM. But at least now there's a clean target for the plot: getting to the moon. I suppose they'll make contact with Rei somehow. Them getting someone to the moon is impossible. But maybe a camera or a small robot...something like this.

I'm also a bit concerned about this like...do they really need to get there? Wouldn't it be better to try to reach where the petrification started? Or start studying the Medusa and how it works? I really think those should be the main concerns, not exactly WM, specially knowing it's that far.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Pretty interesting Chapter,so Why-Man isn't on Earth but on the Moon and he possesses Technology advanced enough to capture a voice and sample whatever he/she/it wants it to say? I guess,depending on the backstory of Why-Man, it can make sense what will be harder to see and believe is how Senkuu and Co. will try and go to Space next. It's a "little" too soon for them to be doing something like that in my opinion but at this point i guess i shouldn't be surprised anymore. What has me wondering is,if there is someone operating on the Moon and basically "bullying" the Earth with their Petrification Devices then how come Rei or Byakuya himself never realized anything going on up there?:hmm I'm also wondering why he/she/it is trying to use the Medusa Senkuu has with him,since this individual is apparently able to mass produce them and let it drop on Earth whenever it feels like it.

For some reason i also find it hard to believe that whoever is up there on the Moon is even Human(Yeah,i could actually see Aliens make an appearance in Dr.Stone-),i mean,first goes and only interacts in morse code the Message: "WHY" and then goes and steals Senkuu's voice as he petrifies Ibara to try and petrify the entire planet again? Unless this person/thing is actually aquainted with Senkuu and Co. it doesn't serve much purpose for them to hide their real voice. To add to that this person is able to configure and produce numerous Medusas and has/had them rain down on the Earth over centuries,even after the planet had been completely petrified before. I guess in order to make sure there really isn't anyone left moving on Earth. :grumbleWhich ironically begs the question: "Why?",and i guess "Who?".

With what we know already and with what we can take from everything theorized by Senkuu and Co. already we can still only guess as to who or what that person/thing on the Moon is,whoever they are they haven't been on the Moon since just a short while that's for sure with the lack of Technology and what not. Either that or,well,they're an Alien and have extraordinary lifespans that allowed them to survive from the first Petrification 3,500 years ago to now. Which is even harder to believe/fathom for me. But i guess i'll have to acknowledge it as a possibility here. Their reason for constantly petrifying Humanity over the decades and centuries should be very interesting,i'm looking forward to that meeting for sure,even moreso to who they actually are.

Thehoennhippo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Space arc eventually huh, guess I should've seen that coming. Hope it works out better than the last space arc I remember in Jump.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Pretty interesting Chapter,so Why-Man isn't on Earth but on the Moon and he possesses Technology advanced enough to capture a voice and sample whatever he/she/it wants it to say? I guess,depending on the backstory of Why-Man, it can make sense what will be harder to see and believe is how Senkuu and Co. will try and go to Space next. It's a "little" too soon for them to be doing something like that in my opinion but at this point i guess i shouldn't be surprised anymore. What has me wondering is,if there is someone operating on the Moon and basically "bullying" the Earth with their Petrification Devices then how come Rei or Byakuya himself never realized anything going on up there?:hmm I'm also wondering why he/she/it is trying to use the Medusa Senkuu has with him,since this individual is apparently able to mass produce them and let it drop on Earth whenever it feels like it.

For some reason i also find it hard to believe that whoever is up there on the Moon is even Human(Yeah,i could actually see Aliens make an appearance in Dr.Stone-),i mean,first goes and only interacts in morse code the Message: "WHY" and then goes and steals Senkuu's voice as he petrifies Ibara to try and petrify the entire planet again? Unless this person/thing is actually aquainted with Senkuu and Co. it doesn't serve much purpose for them to hide their real voice. To add to that this person is able to configure and produce numerous Medusas and has/had them rain down on the Earth over centuries,even after the planet had been completely petrified before. I guess in order to make sure there really isn't anyone left moving on Earth. :grumbleWhich ironically begs the question: "Why?",and i guess "Who?".

With what we know already and with what we can take from everything theorized by Senkuu and Co. already we can still only guess as to who or what that person/thing on the Moon is,whoever they are they haven't been on the Moon since just a short while that's for sure with the lack of Technology and what not. Either that or,well,they're an Alien and have extraordinary lifespans that allowed them to survive from the first Petrification 3,500 years ago to now. Which is even harder to believe/fathom for me. But i guess i'll have to acknowledge it as a possibility here. Their reason for constantly petrifying Humanity over the decades and centuries should be very interesting,i'm looking forward to that meeting for sure,even moreso to who they actually are.
Yes, we are now left with maybe even more questions then before. If WM wants to petrify the humans, why not activate it on the moon, calculate the time it needs to get to earth and done? Why sending lots of devices on purpose? To see how humans behave? Was it a test? Was the original Medusa produced by the WM as well?

I just hope we have a satisfactory development/ending. I don't want Dr. Stone to under-perform in developing it as happened to PSYREN.
As you said...knowing WHY can maybe more important now than WHO.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Yes, we are now left with maybe even more questions then before. If WM wants to petrify the humans, why not activate it on the moon, calculate the time it needs to get to earth and done? Why sending lots of devices on purpose? To see how humans behave? Was it a test? Was the original Medusa produced by the WM as well?
Well if we go by what has been told by Matsukaze in this Chapter then who or whatever is up there already had several devices raining down on Treasure Island several centuries back,which is probably how the current Tribe residing on it has aquired the Medusa in the first place(Although there should be lots of them then),however it does show that it is apparently possible for the Why-Man to calculate the exact time it takes for the Weapon to travel to Earth and also input a fairly dangerous range given how many statues we saw underwater a few chapters ago.:teach

I guess the Number of devices was in order to make sure nobody could outrun the Petrification-Rain that was sent down,i do wonder what happened with all the other devices though,there is also the matter of Matsukaze having a scar/tattoo of the Medusa on his arm. Soyuz remembered instructions to the Medusa written on a piece of Paper too so the possibility of Why-man testing the "Earthlings" seems plausible by having some in control of the Weapon and others as their pawns to see how they would use this kind of power. Ibara showed that he used the Weapon to instill fear within the Islanders and get his way with whoever he pleases,not sure if that would be "You passed" or "You failed" given that whoever this is was ready to petrify the entire planet again right after Senkuu triumphed over Ibara.:grumble

As for the Original Petrification Device from 3,700 years ago,i'd like to say yet but there is a tad too much things that are still uncertain,like: If he did invent it right there,when and how did this person travel to the Moon? Is it even the same person or someone related to them by now?(Acknowledging the possibility of Time Travel).:hmm

One Upside of Senkuu going to space would be that he can eventually see the Space Station Soyuz that Rei kept intact for all these years with his own eyes,he can meet Rei too and who knows maybe it will even help them. I'd like to see that,the only thing i'd like to know right now would be is who Why-man actually is and if he is connected to the People that went to Space 3,700 years ago with Byakuya and Co. We'll see i suppose.:verily

nectar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guess the Space Station is coming into play eventually. Wow! Who knew they'd go full circle with Senku trying to go to space as a kid to now. Bravo, Team Dr. Stone.

Where are we going again, Senku?

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Hope it works out better than the last space arc I remember in Jump.
Which arc is this?
@kkck The signal is from the moon. The same place Rei was last seen :fan
Didn't think we'd go to the moon so fast, but genuinely curious to see the members who will go there. Also, +1 for Kirisame being considered an ally now :tem I hope she tags along to the moon, would be awesome as hell

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Which arc is this?
@kkck The signal is from the moon. The same place Rei was last seen :fan
Didn't think we'd go to the moon so fast, but genuinely curious to see the members who will go there. Also, +1 for Kirisame being considered an ally now :tem I hope she tags along to the moon, would be awesome as hell
I actually thought this whole thing might be a rei related misunderstanding but the one thing that didn't add up to me is that he'd send a signal that would trigger the device and basically petrify the world again. If the enemy is at the moon then I am going to assume that it met rei at some point though.

On the other hand... Actually going to the moon should be utterly impossible. Senku might as well know how to build a rocket but he lacks the materials and technology to build the parts. It'd take divine intervention for him to build an unmanned rocked that would drop a mars rover like vehicle at the moon. My crackpot theory would be that senku will either try to bait whatever is at the moon to come to earth or he is going to build a telescope to take a good look at the moon. For convenience whatever is sending the signal is likely to be on the moon's visible side anyways.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Straight to the moon :o. I love how most of the theories have been mentioned in the first pages :. :Haha

I haven't read much of the spinoff but I doubt it's going to be that simple.

That samurai guy might be Tsukasa's ancestor.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tsukasa was already from the past, @Demonspeed. If he's something, he is a distant relative from the villagers.

@Seraph yeah I know that WM sent the Medusas some centuries ago. But I also think he did not (possibly) turn people in stone by then. My impression was that the island was a nice place, until the Medusas wrecked havoc in social terms. Some people started having too much power, some conflicts must have happened, etc. That would be why Matsukaze was petrified, after some conflict.

I found it really plot-devicy that he did not explain everything from the past. I still think the moon shaped form on his forehead is not from the depetrification, but as a warrior mark or something like it. The same goes for the Medusa marking on his arm.

But yeah, there are all those questions about the original petrification as well, etc. Intriguing.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Who likes the way it turns out: why is the guy on the moon and the kingdom of science going to build a rocket? Frankly for my part I don't like the idea how a person of our time could go and live on the moon without outside help (because humanity has been petrified). I find it WTF to see the kingdom of science create a rocket ship. I will approve this idea if senku resurrects engineers who have worked in rocket construction because if it is him and chromium who makes this rocket I will find it too exaggerated. In order for me to accept man living on the moon he must be an extraterrestrial or the author must find a credible explanation to explain how a man could live on the moon without outside help.
For the rocket, senku has to free up some engineers or it'll be anything to me.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Who likes the way it turns out: why is the guy on the moon and the kingdom of science going to build a rocket? Frankly for my part I don't like the idea how a person of our time could go and live on the moon without outside help (because humanity has been petrified). I find it WTF to see the kingdom of science create a rocket ship. I will approve this idea if senku resurrects engineers who have worked in rocket construction because if it is him and chromium who makes this rocket I will find it too exaggerated. In order for me to accept man living on the moon he must be an extraterrestrial or the author must find a credible explanation to explain how a man could live on the moon without outside help.
For the rocket, senku has to free up some engineers or it'll be anything to me.
Presumably the why man was at the moon before the petrification. So he didn't get there "alone" as far as we can reasonably guess but then again there being anything whatsoever at the moon that has endured over 3000 years and is capable of reacting to the most rudimentary technology is way past reasonable within the current context of 21th century society.

How would senku even go about resurrecting engineers that can build a rocket to the moon? Did japan even have those? If senku is literally going to the moon its because he knows how to build a rocket.

Anyways, I will stress the point that senku is almost certainly not going to step in the moon. It's too gargantuan an ordeal. If the gang goes to the moon it won't be directly. Maybe senku knows there is some ridiculously old equipment there that has survived and is usable due to having spent 3000 years with no exposure to anything other than space or he builds a telescope... Or maybe we have a 40 year timeskip.