Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Raw of the chapter is out and looks like nothing much really happens, chapter mostly covers Gohan, 17, 18 and Krillin's recruitment
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, I saw that. I thought this would go faster tbh, if they redo most of the anime stuff we have gohan's, frieza's and 17's recruitment to go.... Which sounds like it would require 3 chapters. It will take forever until the tournament even starts.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Year but I have a feeling that in the tournament universe 7 will be dishing out lots of OHKO's unlike the anime where mostly every fight felt drawn out to cover the 24mins time slot
 

jessepinkman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
472
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Sorry to ask this but, how often does DB super release?
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Sorry to ask this but, how often does DB super release?
It's a monthly series.
Around the 21st of each month, VIZ releases the official english version. And you can find raws and Korean scans some days earlier.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Next week on Super episode 123 looks like Vegeta will unlock SSGSS 2 in other words he will activate blue 2
 

NoOneInParticular

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
813
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I know we're probably well past the point of bitching about power levels, but, I mean... 17 has now reached or surpassed SSJ2? Not even SSJ2 as it was when Gohan unlocked it, but SSJ2 when Goku mastered it, surpassed Gohan, continued fighting and training and became generally much stronger?

I mean, yeah, my approach to DBS is just go with it, it's all in good fun, but I have to admit this irked me way more than it should. Eh. Just felt the need to say it.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Oddly. 2 chapters in a row came out translated in Mangastream. Uhm, nothing much to say, the plot behind this may be entertaining, but everything is so damn dumb, and power levels have become so random, to the point it really bothers the reader. A reader who read, knows and appreciates the real manga... :-_-
(on a side note, in Dragon Ball Multiverse, the main story resumed, I suggest you guys read it because the drawings are excellent, Asura is better than Toyotaro, and the story is a very smart one :verily )
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Enjoyed 17's recruitment. Him being on or above SSJ3 level is good to see, can't wait to see the Power tourney. That's about all that happened. Random but 18 was subtly hot in this one. Always knew but watching the anime and reading the manga has been making me notice this moreso than one or the other.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Some spoiler pics of chapter 32:

http://www.dragonballz-super.com/2018/01/dragon-ball-super-manga-chapter-32-leaked-images.html?m=1

Slow development again it seems: Freezer's recruitment, Kaulifla shows up and it ends with the Z fighters departure to the ToP.
Slow? The chapter skipped most of the boring parts and got straight into the tournament. If only it had done that with 17. With this we can be reasonably sure that next chapter we will get the tournament...
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I don't watch the anime, I only read the resumes, specially for all the filler and dragged parts the anime has. That's why I said so. Also, I was expecting to see them arriving at arena as the cliffhanger of the chapter.
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
The recruitment part was not perfect in the anime but there were plenty of good moments. Toyotaro can't do that since the manga is monthly but I find the pacing fine for this arc so far. I wonder when it'll end though. It'll be complicated to deal with all the characters.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
man Gohan looks badass in this chapter, wonder why anime didnt go for this look :( , anyway this chapter skipped a whole lot of boring parts and just got straight to the point, i seriously cant wait for the ToP in manga form its going to be amazing and hopefully in the manga we wont see only Goku and Gohan being the only 2 people who deal final blows to every universe :(, i mean Goku ended U9, U2, U4 while Gohan ended U10, U6 :no Hopefully the manga will change this
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
The recruitment part was not perfect in the anime but there were plenty of good moments. Toyotaro can't do that since the manga is monthly but I find the pacing fine for this arc so far. I wonder when it'll end though. It'll be complicated to deal with all the characters.
I still wonder though, why show the recruitment for 17 but skip the frieza fight? Arguably the frieza "rematch" would be better than the 17 thing which in the anime sucked and in the manga was mostly uninteresting. The frieza bit was sort of passable in the anime at least.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
I still wonder though, why show the recruitment for 17 but skip the frieza fight? Arguably the frieza "rematch" would be better than the 17 thing which in the anime sucked and in the manga was mostly uninteresting. The frieza bit was sort of passable in the anime at least.
17 has been irrelevant for a long period of time. It was to show what he is doing and how strong he is. Frieza returned in RoF and he is the most iconic villain.
 
Top