Discussion - Dragon Gods | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Dragon Gods

Who is your favorite Dragon God?

• Total voters

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mostly can't wait to see all the human forms of the dragon gods, we've seen dragon slayers morph into dragons when their dragon seed fully sprouts, but dragons with the ability to transform into humans is just too dope, plus Ignia mentioned only some dragons were able to do it but not all like Igneel. I feel like there's more to the gods Mercuphobia left out, or special types. Not only did they all surpass Acnologia in power over time they have weird abilities like reading minds and uncontrollable tidal waves to go with their main element. What I think:

• Aldoron will probably be closer to Mercuphobia, maybe he'll make team natsu do a collateral, I don't see a straight up fight even if END Natsu returns this arc
  • Viernes probably will be the purest villain-like dragon, Touka could collaborate or enslave him given she can control others' magic power
  • Ignia didn't seem to care about taking over the world, he's destructive but moreso he just wants a challenge cause of how scared he was of Acnologia at the time they evaded him
  • Idk about Selene, she's probably the dragon with the halo and the only girl given it's based of a female greek god

yutu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
According to today's episode, when he saw irene zeref, he said he thought he had no dragon left. So he doesn't know about the existence of dragon gods. In my opinion the dragons have gone to the other continent to protect themselves from acnologia thanks to the high concentration of ether.
If elefceria was controlled by touka

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref only said it was a rare sight to see a dragon, Acnologia killed the majority in the DKF but dragons like Irene, the dragon gods, and even Animus from the movie were still alive. The 5th gen were never found by Acnologia even after he thought only 7 dragon slayers were left. I would say it was more likely Zeref knew of the dragons gods then he didn't, he lived all that time I couldn't imagine him never catching a rumor especially if August knew of them.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Which of the remaining 3 Dragon Gods will be strongest since Aldoron might be dealt with in the arc. I am betting on Selene.
I'm betting on viernes.

Aldron wil be dealt in this arc but I'm pretty sure he's massively restricted all he can use is his head to fight, if he ever fights cause at every vital points of his body lies some major big towns

So no Aldron will never be going down with his full power

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Viernes most probably will be dealt by Gajeel after he eat his Gold. It's very predictable for now.

Viernes = For Gajeel.
Selene =For Lucy. Selene was brought so that Lucy or Jellal can become dragon slayer with an ass-pull.
Ignia = For Natsu

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Viernes most probably will be dealt by Gajeel after he eat his Gold. It's very predictable for now.

Viernes = For Gajeel.
Selene =For Lucy. Selene was brought so that Lucy or Jellal can become dragon slayer with an ass-pull.
Ignia = For Natsu
There goes the contract and the reward if Gajeel and Jellal join in

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
If not vienes then I'll go for Ignia his flames itself were powerful enough to give that much power to natsu.

Also weren't there 8 lacrimas of God serena and was said by August each lacrima is a power offered by each dragon god
So there should be 8 dragon gods not 5
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Who and where night be those other 3 dragon gods.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I would still love it if acnologia once again returns as the final villain

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
If not vienes then I'll go for Ignia his flames itself were powerful enough to give that much power to natsu.

Also weren't there 8 lacrimas of God serena and was said by August each lacrima is a power offered by each dragon god
So there should be 8 dragon gods not 5
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Who and where night be those other 3 dragon gods.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I would still love it if acnologia once again returns as the final villain
August never said that he said God Serena was blessed by the dragon gods but it’s more than likely he was speaking metaphorically.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Would have loved if Mercuphobia could have manipulated ice and blood along with water. Too bad he is gone.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Considering the contract natsu and co have signed, I doubt that jellal or gajeel will fight a dragon. If jellal or gajeel helps them, it could cancel their contract.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Aldron's size has been calculated at 693000000 km^3 nearly as big as pacific Ocean

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
so going off the official english translations from crunchy it really is confirmed that they're called dragon gods

given gildarts' encounter and mistaking of Acnologia being a DG, how the DGs were able to evade acnologia who has elite dragon tracking abilities I'm really impressed seeds of this were placed in the original manga. Porly also foreshadowed the human form concept of what a dragon would look like as human, porly is edo grandeeney and I feel like connects alot to how Merc and Ignia human forms come about, not edo versions just simply the image of a dragon taking human form.

this august/god serena exchange gave alot more initially than expected, the ranks of dragons have always lowkey been in the story too, from lower level fodder to kings to gods. Igneel before Acnologia ripped his soul apparently could of been considered a dragon god given the story's mentions of his might and respect when dragons ruled the world

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
this august/god serena exchange gave alot more initially than expected, the ranks of dragons have always lowkey been in the story too, from lower level fodder to kings to gods. Igneel before Acnologia ripped his soul apparently could of been considered a dragon god given the story's mentions of his might and respect when dragons ruled the world
Actually they are not really Dragon Gods. Those names were given to them people of Giletina out of feat for the Dragon Gods.
Ya it might have somewhat forshadowed.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually they are not really Dragon Gods. Those names were given to them people of Giletina out of feat for the Dragon Gods.
Ya it might have somewhat forshadowed.
Regardless if guiltina people created it the name is still what they go by and are known as. The few members of the magic council know, touka who we don’t know her origin or what continent she comes from knows, and August who was born in Ishgar before moving to Alaktasia. God Serena didn’t believe in either them or dragon kings, so it doesn’t matter who created the term

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Considering the contract natsu and co have signed, I doubt that jellal or gajeel will fight a dragon. If jellal or gajeel helps them, it could cancel their contract.
Actually no, they can't tell them about their quest, but considering the White Witch nullyfied the Water DG's power, not Natsu&co and they still completed 1/5 of the quest,other can help, but can't know the specifics?

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't liberius fodder. I mean Touka seems to be one that goes around doing most of the work. Aren't seem to be like fodder worshippers.
We don’t know anything about them Touka doing work doesn’t mean they automatically have to be fodder.