Discussion Dragon Gods

Who is your favorite Dragon God?


  • Total voters
    31

Shoutmon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
754
Reaction score
1,483
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
What about Larcade? He was the last spriggan to be revealed
Larcade didn't really have much mystery hype to me, although you are right in that he's similar to viernes in being the last revealed in the group.

Having said that, swapping Nienhart with Larcade doesn't change much
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Selene and Merc are easily my favorites.

Ignia is my third favorite, tho his hype has kinda died with the Selene battle. He ain’t final boss material I can tell you that much

for Viernes I expect much more than ignia.






Tho I have to ask, why does hiro write his stories with character popularity in mind. Yeah, Selene is bae, but he obviously had something different in mind with her. He was obviously going to have her killed.

Kinda what ruined FT to begin with, yet he just keeps doing it.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Yeah?Why is that so.Dude was barely hurt at all
Cause he ain’t.

Obvious is obvious.

final boss is whatever the deal is when all the five dragons are sealed.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
Ignia ain't going anywhere. He's got Acno energy every time we see him.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
I can see why Viernes was at the top of the other 4 in the second chapter. His trait is a boring trait, but it is among the most Op traits in fiction. Being an abstract being ain’t a joke.

After all 5 are sealed, I guess the final boss will be the sun dragon god going by the days of the week. Earth dragon already validated this hypothesis.
 

Darklord#10

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
3,573
Reaction score
3,260
Age
22
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Ignia: He already won my heart the moment he shat on natsu's stupid POF speech. He's totally unfazed by anything. He believes he's hot stuff and he's been delivering.

Aldoron: I think in general aldoron was just cool. He also had black air force energy. He was able to call out natsu's stupid ideologies. He was just cool and I like that he lived up to being a dragon worthy of being dragon god

Vierness: the fact that he's unknown
Merchphobia: he was a dragon god who achieved peace with humans. He is a soft guy

Dogramag: random fodder that died twice

Selene: this fucking bitch, I use to like her before. She had everything plus black air force energy until chapter 107. After chapter 107 I was praying for selene to get up and Regen herself so she can keep fighting but not only was she not able to Regen she a dragon renowned as god went to ask fodder low level creatures like humans for help. A dragon god begging? Inconceivable. It's an atrocious crime. She then told gray "you need to move for your friends" at that moment I lost every ounce of respect and love for this character. She doesn't deserve to be called a dragon god. Let's not even go to the three chapters mashima wasted in trying to make this fucking retarded old bitch look good to the readers. I have to say mashima amplified the severe hatred for this character. She pulled the victim card, WTF? A dragon god, a being strong enough to wipe an entire planet pulled the victim card. Selene being a dragon god is huge disrespect to the likes of aldoron ignia vierness. Stupid bitch
 

Steven

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
4,024
Age
35
Country
Germany
Ignia: He already won my heart the moment he shat on natsu's stupid POF speech. He's totally unfazed by anything. He believes he's hot stuff and he's been delivering.
Agree
Aldoron: I think in general aldoron was just cool. He also had black air force energy. He was able to call out natsu's stupid ideologies. He was just cool and I like that he lived up to being a dragon worthy of being dragon god
Agree
Vierness: the fact that he's unknown
Agree
Dogramag: random fodder that died twice
Agree
Selene: this fucking bitch, I use to like her before. She had everything plus black air force energy until chapter 107. After chapter 107 I was praying for selene to get up and Regen herself so she can keep fighting but not only was she not able to Regen she a dragon renowned as god went to ask fodder low level creatures like humans for help. A dragon god begging? Inconceivable. It's an atrocious crime. She then told gray "you need to move for your friends" at that moment I lost every ounce of respect and love for this character. She doesn't deserve to be called a dragon god. Let's not even go to the three chapters mashima wasted in trying to make this fucking retarded old bitch look good to the readers. I have to say mashima amplified the severe hatred for this character. She pulled the victim card, WTF? A dragon god, a being strong enough to wipe an entire planet pulled the victim card. Selene being a dragon god is huge disrespect to the likes of aldoron ignia vierness. Stupid bitch
Agree

This guy know what DG is cool and which one are trash
 

MyaHeart35

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2022
Messages
304
Reaction score
388
Age
25
Country
United States
Ignia: He already won my heart the moment he shat on natsu's stupid POF speech. He's totally unfazed by anything. He believes he's hot stuff and he's been delivering.

Aldoron: I think in general aldoron was just cool. He also had black air force energy. He was able to call out natsu's stupid ideologies. He was just cool and I like that he lived up to being a dragon worthy of being dragon god

Vierness: the fact that he's unknown
Merchphobia: he was a dragon god who achieved peace with humans. He is a soft guy

Dogramag: random fodder that died twice

Selene: this fucking bitch, I use to like her before. She had everything plus black air force energy until chapter 107. After chapter 107 I was praying for selene to get up and Regen herself so she can keep fighting but not only was she not able to Regen she a dragon renowned as god went to ask fodder low level creatures like humans for help. A dragon god begging? Inconceivable. It's an atrocious crime. She then told gray "you need to move for your friends" at that moment I lost every ounce of respect and love for this character. She doesn't deserve to be called a dragon god. Let's not even go to the three chapters mashima wasted in trying to make this fucking retarded old bitch look good to the readers. I have to say mashima amplified the severe hatred for this character. She pulled the victim card, WTF? A dragon god, a being strong enough to wipe an entire planet pulled the victim card. Selene being a dragon god is huge disrespect to the likes of aldoron ignia vierness. Stupid bitch
I agree with most of what you said. Especially Selene a dragon God who can affect different dimensions with her magic power, soon as Ignia gets one clean hit on her she's down for the count. She was definitely nerfed.
And the only reason Mashima made Selene good because she was too popular. Realistically if she was still evil most likely she would have died in the labyrinth arc but the fans didn't want that.
Tho it piss me off when Selene said she was good and fine one chapter next chapter she is dying.
 

Garmadooon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Messages
691
Reaction score
1,235
Age
21
Country
France
I mostly think Mashima didn't understand that if Selene was popular it's because people wanted to keep her as VILLAIN and only villain. He confused wanting a character to stay in the story with wanting a character to become kind without redemption. She didn't even make a sacrifice or a sincere word like Ultear. Just got nice for some useless fan service bath scenes. And yes he should never have made her lose like that against Ignia because it proves that they are not the Acno levels that we were promised.
 

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
665
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
I really expected Natsu to latch on to Ignia after Igneel’s loss. If any of them were going to become allies I thought it would probably be him, though I guess it would be way more interesting if he’s irredeemably evil, but Natsu can’t bring himself to kill him. Selene was definitely more compelling as a villain.
 

Darklord#10

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
3,573
Reaction score
3,260
Age
22
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Last edited:

Shiki_Dragneel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
564
Reaction score
1,046
Country
Alvarez Empire
Evil Selene: she was the the mastermind during the whole sequel until she turns good. She has a good design, her evil personality was good and her magic is also nice. I liked that a female was the mastermind and overarching antagonist. It's a shame that she is now an ally. Well somehow I still hope that she only playing that role to make her real move later in the story.

Viernes: well tbh I like it that he is a conception and the hype about him is great. I read a theory that Viernes is a cellestial spirit, that would be a cool twist.

Aldoron: I really liked the idea of an wood dragon and that he was the biggest one. His personality to eat peoples was also nice. I only hate his downfall and that we never saw more of his magic/spells.

Merc: I like his dragon design and his water power. I like it that one of the dragon gods is on the good side and I believe he will helps FT later.

Dog/Ignia: The designs of them is sick and their abilities could be really powerfull but sadly Hiro killed Dog in few chapters......and Ignia....he is the 0815 asshole villain with to much arrogance. But his plan with the dragon age is really interesting.

Good Selene: She has still her design and magic but I don't like it that she is an ally. It makes no sense except she plans somehting big and terrbile but even if I hope it....it's Hiro....and even if he would do it....I am sure that in the end she would not be the final villain, it will be someone else. :/


After all 5 are sealed, I guess the final boss will be the sun dragon god going by the days of the week. Earth dragon already validated this hypothesis.
Yep. I also think that the sun dragon will play a bigger role later and probably be the final boss. He/she or a new character.
 

Shiki_Dragneel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
564
Reaction score
1,046
Country
Alvarez Empire
isn't that what a dragon god should be?
Nah, not really, why must a dragon god be arrogant? Because he is strong? Thats lame.

We had enough characters like that and not only in FT but in other mangas too and they have badass moments or are badass but mostly not really well written and the downfall of such characters is boring.

In FT we have/had Erigor, Lyon, Laxus, Zero, Zancrow, Bluenote, Saberooth, Jiemma, Ajeel, God Serena, George, Dog, Ignia and maybe even Barbaroa and we all knew what happened with all of them, the same thing will happen with Ignia.
 

Darklord#10

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
3,573
Reaction score
3,260
Age
22
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Nah, not really, why must a dragon god be arrogant? Because he is strong? Thats lame.

We had enough characters like that and not only in FT but in other mangas too and they have badass moments or are badass but mostly not really well written and the downfall of such characters is boring.

In FT we have/had Erigor, Lyon, Laxus, Zero, Zancrow, Bluenote, Saberooth, Jiemma, Ajeel, God Serena, George, Dog, Ignia and maybe even Barbaroa and we all knew what happened with all of them, the same thing will happen with Ignia.
i guess you're right.......but to be honest a dragon god that isn't arrogant seems lame but that is my opinion.
 

Shiki_Dragneel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
564
Reaction score
1,046
Country
Alvarez Empire
i guess you're right.......but to be honest a dragon god that isn't arrogant seems lame but that is my opinion.
I wish Ignia or another one of them were like an antihero and with that less arrogant.
 

Darklord#10

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
3,573
Reaction score
3,260
Age
22
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I wish Ignia or another one of them were like an antihero and with that less arrogant.
i was thinking vierness was going to be the anti-hero, i still think it is him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

what if selene loses to the gold dragon? would you guys still rate her highly
 

Shiki_Dragneel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
564
Reaction score
1,046
Country
Alvarez Empire
i was thinking vierness was going to be the anti-hero, i still think it is him
Could be. I hope that at least one of them will be the anti hero. But if he is really a celestial spirit then he will be probably a power up for Lucy and that means he will be on the good side.


what if selene loses to the gold dragon? would you guys still rate her highly
I don't care if she lose. Imo the dragon gods are on the same tier, it doesn't matter who of them is slightly stronger or not.

I just hope that if dragon gods are fighting each other again that it will be better portrayed this time than the battle between Selene and Ignia because the battle was terrible.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
I don't care if she lose. Imo the dragon gods are on the same tier, it doesn't matter who of them is slightly stronger or not.

I just hope that if dragon gods are fighting each other again that it will be better portrayed this time than the battle between Selene and Ignia because the battle was terrible.
unfortunately good fight are rare now days and in most cases there has to be certain characters involved to have a chance of being good
 
Top