• After a long hiatus, the Scavenger Hunt is returning! Sign Up is now open HERE!

Fantasy Dream Fight

Miralicious akuma

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Mira VS Erza - since this match up is very famous in every FT battle threads, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes to see these two bombshells duke it out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lucy VS Juvia - just so we can see once and for all who's stronger. I know featwise, Lucy definitely wins, but we see how strong Juvia is when serious. And she did damaged and tanked some attacks from DeS Gray. So that's still a feat on Juvia's part.
you know what I love that idea. I mean when the war is over and everything , there should be like a battle royal b/w fairy tail members.

The matchups can be like-

1. Laxus vs Gildarts :hearts
2. Natsu vs Gray vs Gajeel ( 3 way battles are hypeee )
3. Mira vs Erza:blai
4. Juvia vs Lucy vs Wendy :hearts
5. Elfman vs Freed
6. Evergreen vs Cana
7. Levy vs Lisanna :3c

And the one with the biggest hypee

FT Team A ( Natsu,Erza,Gray,Lucy,Wendy and Elfman) vs FT Team B (Mira, Gajeel, Laxus, Cana, Juvia, Jellal (?) )
:confetti

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
you know what I love that idea. I mean when the war is over and everything , there should be like a battle royal b/w fairy tail members.

5. Elfman vs Freed
6. Evergreen vs Cana

FT Team A ( Natsu,Erza,Gray,Lucy,Wendy and Elfman) vs FT Team B (Mira, Gajeel, Laxus, Cana, Juvia, Jellal (?) )
Laxus vs Gildarts: On a first glance, this would be a win for Gildarts. But storywise, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up like Laxus vs Jura. The new gen surpassing the old gen. But in a strict powerlevel pov, this should be Gildarts' win.

3-way: Now this is something I want to see. But with Natsu as END, and Gray hyping up to fight Natsu, Gajeel is one step behind them even if he can access DF. But Natsu should still win if END is someone even Acno is afraid(?) of. Take off END, and just DF for Natsu and Gajeel and Devil mode(?) for Gray, then we have a grand fight to see.

Mira vs Erza: toss up. Featwise, Erza wins. But by virtue of them being rivals and Mira having less screentime, I wouldn't be surprissed on whoever win. That's why I believe this match is a must at least before the series end.

Lucy vs Juvia vs Wendy: As of now, Wendy is way ahead of the other two. But Lucy is sure to have some power ups in the near future. Juvia, being less relevant compared to the other two, will get left behind for sure. But by the EOS, unless Lucy acquires a CSK star dress, then I believe it would be Wendy>Lucy>Juvia. The Lucy vs Juvia I want to see is in their current state not EOS where Lucy is surely to have some op power up.

Elfman vs Freed: Freed stomps. Even without prep time

Evergreen vs Cana: without Fairy Glitter and Eye Curse, I think this match would easily go to Ever. Cana's feats with her card magic is very weak imo.

Levy vs Lisanna: I'd actually give this to Lisanna lol..

Team A vs Team B: Team B. You have Natsu, Gray, and Erza on team A. However team B has Laxus, Jellal, Gajeel, Mira. That's 3v4. I'd like to give Wendy and Lucy the benefit of the doubt that they can hold off Mira. But Elfman would already loose to Juvia alone, add Cana for support and they easily win. They can proceed to assist Mira, and then Mira can help any of the other powerhouses. In the end, Team B wins.

I know this is very off topic, but I'm bored so might as well put my input on the match ups.

Miralicious akuma

Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus vs Gildarts: On a first glance, this would be a win for Gildarts. But storywise, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up like Laxus vs Jura. The new gen surpassing the old gen. But in a strict powerlevel pov, this should be Gildarts' win.

3-way: Now this is something I want to see. But with Natsu as END, and Gray hyping up to fight Natsu, Gajeel is one step behind them even if he can access DF. But Natsu should still win if END is someone even Acno is afraid(?) of. Take off END, and just DF for Natsu and Gajeel and Devil mode(?) for Gray, then we have a grand fight to see.

Mira vs Erza: toss up. Featwise, Erza wins. But by virtue of them being rivals and Mira having less screentime, I wouldn't be surprissed on whoever win. That's why I believe this match is a must at least before the series end.

Lucy vs Juvia vs Wendy: As of now, Wendy is way ahead of the other two. But Lucy is sure to have some power ups in the near future. Juvia, being less relevant compared to the other two, will get left behind for sure. But by the EOS, unless Lucy acquires a CSK star dress, then I believe it would be Wendy>Lucy>Juvia. The Lucy vs Juvia I want to see is in their current state not EOS where Lucy is surely to have some op power up.

Elfman vs Freed: Freed stomps. Even without prep time

Evergreen vs Cana: without Fairy Glitter and Eye Curse, I think this match would easily go to Ever. Cana's feats with her card magic is very weak imo.

Levy vs Lisanna: I'd actually give this to Lisanna lol..

Team A vs Team B: Team B. You have Natsu, Gray, and Erza on team A. However team B has Laxus, Jellal, Gajeel, Mira. That's 3v4. I'd like to give Wendy and Lucy the benefit of the doubt that they can hold off Mira. But Elfman would already loose to Juvia alone, add Cana for support and they easily win. They can proceed to assist Mira, and then Mira can help any of the other powerhouses. In the end, Team B wins.

I know this is very off topic, but I'm bored so might as well put my input on the match ups.
Hey just so you know by natsu i dont mean END ,you know as well as i do that END would just blitz everyone around so when im saying natsu and gray i mean like..normal natsu and non-darkness gray who can use DF or Devil slayer magic respectively (no dark modes)
and also there is a reason why i put a question mark around jellal cuz i wasnt sure about him being in the ft team b either so yeah.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
God Serena vs Gildarts / Gildarts extreme diff
Laxus vs Jellal / Laxus extreme diff
Hades vs Mard Geer / Mard Geer high diff
Gray vs Gajeel / Gray high diff
August vs Acnologia human form / Acnologia mid-high diff
Kagura vs Bluenote / Kagura high diff

Pheromone

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Here are my dream match-ups and rewrite ideas for the Spriggans. In order for a lot of these to happen, I've put in notes that quite a few of these Spriggan would need major buffs.

Which shouldn't be so unreasonable to ask. After all, weren't they all hyped to be at least God Serena's level?

Zeref vs. (Natsu, Crime Sorceire's Cobra, Racer, and Midnight)

Crime Sorciere has always made Zeref's defeat their goal, would be fitting and much less damaging to Zeref's stature in the story to have them team up with Natsu against Zeref instead of having Natsu and Zeref go at it at base form.

I can see Cobra, Racer, and Natsu pull off interesting combinations to try and stave off Zeref, while Midnight focuses on being Midnight.

Irene vs. (Erza, Kagura, Mira, and Minerva)

I was honestly hoping for this match-up. Would fit so well thematically, Erza taking on her monster of a mother with the help of comrades whose hearts she's managed to sway over to friendship. Plus the glorious amount of panty shots.

August vs. (Makarov and Laxus, R2 Jellal)

This fits thematically. August is the son of Zeref and Fairy Tail's founder, while Makarov is the son of another Fairy Tail founder.

I can picture Makarov and Laxus taking on the King of Magic as a grandfather/grandson team and being overpowered, with Makarov managing to use a spell that sacrifices himself but causes a particular damage to August that nerfs him in some way. Not too different to how Igneel went down to Acnologia but managed to rip off his arm.

When that happens, Jellal arrives and together, Laxus and Jellal manage to pull through a R2 with a weakened but still insanely powerful August.

God Serena vs. (Gods of Ishgar)

Make this an actual decent fight. Don't have God Serena stomping the four and breaking the scales, just to hype Acno by having the latter ripping out his liver.

Together, Jura, Warrod, Hyberion, and Wolfheim should be capable of giving God Serena the fight of his goddamn life.

Bloodman vs. (Gildarts)

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Think what you will about him vs. Gajeel, Bloodman was still an incredibly menacing villain with pretty scary powers. Being able to deform and reshape his body as he desires would make for a tough but interesting match-up against Gildarts' Crash Magic.

If I had a shot at a rewrite, I would buff him up to being the strongest after Irene and August, and have Gildarts solo fight this one.

Larcade vs. (Sting, Rogue, Yukino)

I actually like the original fight in the manga, with Sting receiving the help of Rogue and Kagura to take down Larcade. I would rather to have seen Yukino written into this fight somehow.

Invel vs. (Gray, Lyon, Rufus)

This would require some massive, massive Invel buffs, something that makes Invel seem respectable as Zeref's right-hand man. I can see the three Molding Mages, being able to hamper Invel's abilities in a pretty creative way.

Ajeel vs. (Lucy, Juvia, and Lisanna)

Ajeel was on the lower end of the Spriggans, which is why I would put him against the lower tiered mages. Lucy and Lisanna can showcase their CQC skills, with Lucy throwing in Loke into the mix, while Juvia could use her Water Magic to try and contain Ajeel's sand.

Throwaway fights that I honestly don't care for, but could be executed well:

Jacob vs. (Thunder Legion and Elfman)
DiMaria vs. (Wendy, Chelia) - Unchanged
Wahl vs. (Gajeel, Lily)
Heine and Juliet vs. (Meredy, Sorano)

Notes:

• Brandish's magic renders her pretty difficult to deal with in an actual battle scenario. I'd rather she maintains the role that she fulfilled this arc.
  • Couldn't think of any particular way to inject Orga's Lightning God Slayer powers in an actual match-up here.
  • As many changes I've made, I've actually enjoyed a few of the Spriggan fights. I liked Natsu/Lucy vs. Jacob, Larcade vs. Sting/Rogue/Kagura, Ajeel vs. Erza/Bisca.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are my dream match-ups and rewrite ideas for the Spriggans. In order for a lot of these to happen, I've put in notes that quite a few of these Spriggan would need major buffs.

Which shouldn't be so unreasonable to ask. After all, weren't they all hyped to be at least God Serena's level?

Zeref vs. (Natsu, Crime Sorceire's Cobra, Racer, and Midnight)

Crime Sorciere has always made Zeref's defeat their goal, would be fitting and much less damaging to Zeref's stature in the story to have them team up with Natsu against Zeref instead of having Natsu and Zeref go at it at base form.

I can see Cobra, Racer, and Natsu pull off interesting combinations to try and stave off Zeref, while Midnight focuses on being Midnight.

Irene vs. (Erza, Kagura, Mira, and Minerva)

I was honestly hoping for this match-up. Would fit so well thematically, Erza taking on her monster of a mother with the help of comrades whose hearts she's managed to sway over to friendship. Plus the glorious amount of panty shots.

August vs. (Makarov and Laxus, R2 Jellal)

This fits thematically. August is the son of Zeref and Fairy Tail's founder, while Makarov is the son of another Fairy Tail founder.

I can picture Makarov and Laxus taking on the King of Magic as a grandfather/grandson team and being overpowered, with Makarov managing to use a spell that sacrifices himself but causes a particular damage to August that nerfs him in some way. Not too different to how Igneel went down to Acnologia but managed to rip off his arm.

When that happens, Jellal arrives and together, Laxus and Jellal manage to pull through a R2 with a weakened but still insanely powerful August.

God Serena vs. (Gods of Ishgar)

Make this an actual decent fight. Don't have God Serena stomping the four and breaking the scales, just to hype Acno by having the latter ripping out his liver.

Together, Jura, Warrod, Hyberion, and Wolfheim should be capable of giving God Serena the fight of his goddamn life.

Bloodman vs. (Gildarts)

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Think of what you will about him vs. Gajeel, Bloodman was still an incredibly menacing villain with pretty scary powers. Being able to deform and reshape his body as he desires would make for a tough but interesting match-up against Gildarts' Crash Magic.

If I had a shot at a rewrite, I would buff him up to being the strongest after Irene and August, and have Gildarts solo fight this one.

Larcade vs. (Sting, Rogue, Yukino)

I actually like the original fight in the manga, with Sting receiving the help of Rogue and Kagura to take down Larcade. I would rather to have seen Yukino written into this fight somehow.

Invel vs. (Gray, Lyon, Rufus)

This would require some massive, massive Invel buffs, something that makes Invel seem respectable as Zeref's right-hand man. I can see the three Molding Mages, being able to hamper Invel's abilities in a pretty creative way.

Ajeel vs. (Lucy, Juvia, and Lisanna)

Ajeel was on the lower end of the Spriggans, which is why I would put him against the lower tiered mages. Lucy and Lisanna can showcase their CQC skills, with Lucy throwing in Loke into the mix, while Juvia could use her Water Magic to try and contain Ajeel's sand.

Throwaway fights that I honestly don't care for, but could be executed well:

Jacob vs. (Thunder Legion and Elfman)
DiMaria vs. (Wendy, Chelia) - Unchanged
Wahl vs. (Gajeel, Lily)
Heine and Juliet vs. (Meredy, Sorano)

Notes:

• Brandish's magic renders her pretty difficult to deal with in an actual battle scenario. I'd rather she maintains the role that she fulfilled this arc.
  • Couldn't think of any particular way to inject Orga's Lightning God Slayer powers in an actual match-up here.
  • As many changes I've made, I've actually enjoyed a few of the Spriggan fights. I liked Natsu/Lucy vs. Jacob, Larcade vs. Sting/Rogue/Kagura, Ajeel vs. Erza/Bisca.

Very nice list. Surprisingly, I actually really liked the idea of "Zeref vs. Natsu, Cobra, Racer, and Midnight". That's a cool combination of wizards and they seem to have a good dynamic now that I think about it.

I would also add in Jellal into the team since he's the leader of Crime Sorciere and since he wants to kill Zeref so badly. That would be an excellent battle in my opinion.

As for other battles, I've always wanted to see Gray team up with either Makarov, Laxus, or Gildartz. Gajeel wouldn't be a bad choice either though.

Either way, your list here was very detailed. And they seem to be quite interesting. Would've made the arc better if these were incorporated, unfortunately, that's not the route the author chose to take..

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States

5. Elfman vs Freed
6. Evergreen vs Cana

Team b wins no diff

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think we can call agree or ended too soon. Were there any fights you wished happened?

Me, Anna vs Lucy would have been an epic fight (kinda wished she were evil)

Natsu vs Igneel (In order to defeat Acnologia thus could have happened and would have been character development)

CSK vs FH Zeref (Wendy would have to boost Lucy but that is how Zeref should have been defeated)

Any with Laki in it :D

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fights that I actually wished existed:

- Draculos Hyberion vs. God Serena [Solo Fight]

- Gray, Laxus, & Gajeel vs. Zeref & E.N.D.

- Gildartz & Makarov vs. August & Invel [Guarding Entrance to Fairy Heart]

- Mira vs. Dimaria

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
God Serena vs Gildarts / Gildarts extreme diff
Laxus vs Jellal / Laxus extreme diff
Hades vs Mard Geer / Mard Geer high diff
Gray vs Gajeel / Gray high diff
August vs Acnologia human form / Acnologia mid-high diff
Kagura vs Bluenote / Kagura high diff
I agree on almost all of these, but I have to say that if Hades has access to Grimoire Heart, he'd beat Mard Geer high difficulty. And with Acnologia, logic dictates that if August copied Acno's magic, he'd have the same capabilities. The deciding factor would be Acno's overwhelming physical prowess and potential hand-to-hand skill.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

5. Elfman vs Freed
6. Evergreen vs Cana

Laxus is the sturdiest of the bunch, so aside from August, Acnologia, and God Serena, Laxus would probably be Gildarts toughest opponent. Gildarts would most likely crash all of Laxus' attacks, so it'd come down to a magically charged fist fight. I could see Laxus taking this since Gildarts is powerful but Laxus is a lot faster. It'd probably end up as a standstill.

Gajeel clearly isn't winning this one. He's the only one that didn't get a massive power boost. Gray has always seemed subpar compared to the big guys. I'm giving it to Natsu, mid-high difficulty.

Mira is a lot more powerful and has more destructive magic, but like Jellal, that comes at the expense of a lot of her defense, making her a bit of a glass cannon. Conversely, Erza is the exact opposite. She doesn't dish out a lot of damage and mostly targets single enemies, but she's one hell of a tank. I'd say Erza takes it extremely high difficulty.

Wendy. Lucy grew a lot in power, but her skill lies in her stratagem. Juvia isn't a pushover, but she didn't get the power boost the other two got. Wendy's enchantments could both increase her own power and hinder her opponents. She takes it mid difficulty.

It's just a repeat of the fighting festival. For all of Elfman's progress, skill, and versatility, Freed is simply that much better in every aspect. Freed takes it high difficulty.

Evergreen hasn't really progressed throughout the series. Cana however has and even had August on the defensive. She's shown to have a fair amount of destructive power, even compared to those in FT. I'd say Cana takes it mid difficulty.

Lisanna wins easily. Levy isn't designed for combat.

This comes down to whether you think Team A's teamwork can beat Team B's overwhelming power and skill. While Team A would put up one hell of a fight, I'd give it to Team B. They're stronger, more experienced, and possess the mindset to win at all costs (seriously, each and every one of them is absolutely ruthless). Team A's biggest factor is their teamwork, usually implemented against smaller numbers. With the numbers equal, they can't use that pack mentality, so it's simply Team B picking them off one by one. Team B mid difficulty.

BlueTomato

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I honestly wanted Mirajane vs Neinhart. More likely Historias vs different forms of Mirajane. Such as SeilahMira vs Kyouka, or Mard vs Miralegria.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus vs jellal
Laxus vs gildartz
Laxus gildartz natsu and jellal vs August and Irene
Ancologia vs igneel (full powered)
Gildartz vs god Serena (full powered)
Zeref cs ancologia

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu vs Larcade
Would be interesting to see "uncle and nephew" go at it with Larcade's jealous and hatred for Natsu

Mirajane vs Bloodman

A match up that everyone had wanted being two demons going at it.

Lucy, Wendy and Juvia vs Ajeel
Those 3 together should stand a chance against Ajeel. They do have what's needed to counter his sand.

Gildarts vs God Serena (alive)
I just wonder would God Serena be troublesome against Gildarts if he was alive? And I do really wish to see the remaining of God Serena's other of the 8 attributes of Dragon Lacrimas.

Lucy vs. Jacob
I believe Lucy would've stood a chance against Jacob. I don't find him all that strong compared to most of the Spriggans. And it would've been so much better and interesting to see how this would've been had Natsu not shown up. No unnecessary fanservice, we definitely would've seen more from Lucy and probably more from Jacob too.

Erza vs. Mirajane
One of the biggest debates going on for a while. So many people spreading rumors that Mashima said that Mirajane would win if they fought (which I don't believe so). But it would be awesome to see the strongest females in FT go at it to put an end to the argument.

Wendy vs. Lucy vs. Juvia
Another one of the biggest debate match ups that's been going on for a while. It feels like Lucy and Wendy are improving far more than Juvia is being more relevant than her but overall, Wendy is the stronger of the 3. But it would be a great fight to see

Natsu vs Gray
Evenly matched or naw?

Natsu vs Gajeel (rematch)
Great fight to see but Natsu obviously got this

Natsu vs Laxus (rematch)
Is Natsu strong enough to beat Laxus now?

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu vs Gildarts

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've been thinking that maybe Touka has possessed all the members of Fairy Tail and will bring them to be used as minions against team Natsu. That way, we might some pretty interesting matchups.

Natsu vs Gildarts

Lucy vs Cana

Gray vs Gajeel

Erza vs Mirajane

Wendy vs Juvia

Maybe Jellal gets free of Touka's mind control when he sees Erza (god knows we need a Jerza moment), and we can have our Jellal vs Laxus.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Rematch between current Natsu and Jellal and Natsu and Laxus. One-on-one with no assistance or nakamama bullshit. I bet Natsu loses both.

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Ignia vs Touka and enslaved Fairytail.
Rematch Gray vs Skullion

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Super random and won't happen, but Jellal vs Mardmole... I wonder if his armour can withstand a meteor.

Obligatory Jellal vs Laxus

Jellal, Laxus and Gildarts vs Anyone/Anything (potentially the most destructive FT fight ever)

Bradman vs Tartaros (Devil Slaying Magic makes this somewhat unfair but I want to see Bradman establish himself as the true Underworld King)

Full-powered CSK vs a Dragon God

Sting and Rogue vs Bradman (would have made more sense for them to beat him than Gajeel tbh)