Seinen Drifters by Hirano Kouta

Jet

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
Russian Federation
WTH famous ppl have been appearing now, still dont get how that russian women named nomanova is supposed to fight?(read it in wiki, not skilled in fighting at all).
Its spelled "Romanova", and I am pretty sure that she will be some sort of magician or w/e. Also IMO she will be somehow connected to Rasputin, the famous Russian dark mystic of that era, maybe thats him standing behind her in the pic (http://www.onemanga.com/Drifters/9/11/). Have read that this Rasputin was still alive after being stabbed, poisoned, shot 3 times, castrated, and thrown in the ice cold river. Rasputin was also main antagonist in the 1st Hellboy movie.
 
Last edited:

ArtieBoy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Great art is all about i have to say about it sofar
But it seems like it'll get better
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
My impression of the manga is that it is nowhere near as good as hellsing was. Hellsing was pure win from chapter one, this manga is taking more time to make a shred of sense. While it is reasonably good and has potential, I do think it needs to improve.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think it is going to be the same deal as with hellsing, kouta's previous work. Hellsing had a measly 95 chapters, many of which were not even as long as a weekly manga and it was serialized over 10 years. I don't expect more than 8 chapters of drifter a year as it is given the precedents.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think this is the best chapter yet, mostly for what the elves were told at the end. Just like that and they are already ready to go to war -at least that was implied lol-.
 

CaptFamous

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just caught up with all the chapters, pretty fascinating stuff. Theory proposal in the spoiler tag.

Anyone else think that the Black King is going to be Jesus?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Great story so far. That Black King character looks fricking awesome; I wonder what other powers/abilities he/she possesses apart from the healing one that was revealed recently to us. I agree with kkck; it's certainly not on the same level as Hellsing but nevertheless I like what I've read/seen thus far. :thumbs
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
^Remember I wrote that quite some time ago... the more recent developments seem to be quite awesome. Not quite there at hellsing level but definitely improving at a considerable rate, more so than what I would have expected. After the more recent chapters, the massacres, the fighting, the insanity, I am nothing but hooked.

@captfamous: I do hope it is not jesus but considering the whole rejecting thing it is not out of the realm of possibilities. There are many people who could have been said were rejected though so it could really be anyone.... rasputin comes to mind, that'd be interesting. Hitler is another possibility, remember how much kouta loved nazi's in hellsing. Not to mention hitler was also surrounded by rumors of being into the occult which could explain his power right now.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Anyone knows when chapter 15 is due?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It's been quite a while now. Apparently, ScansRemix were to release chapter 15 at the end of July but I don't know what happened...it's the second week of August now. lol

I'll keep looking, I'm sure chapter 15 will become available soon. :shakefist

Edit: I've found chapter 15 in raw though lol. Let me know if you want to read it. I don't think I'm allowed to post raw links on MH. :s
 
Last edited:

YaaaaaY

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
I also found the raws a couple of weeks ago but theres no translations anywhere :S
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Seriously, no chapter yet? We probably already have chapter 16 out and there is not even a proper translation of 15....
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Ok guys, I know there is a lack of chapters/translations with no info on when they will be released, but since it has already been brought up a couple of times let's try to do something besides complain that the chapter is missing and try to discuss the chapters when they do come out. I know its painful but please do try. Thank you :) ~ Drmke
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I still can't imagine who the evil king really is... he certainly has some interesting abilities but they do not seem to indicate anyone in particular. He is definitely an historical character though, it'd make no sense otherwise. Wonder if the drifters will develop special abilities like the offscouring though. I don't think they will considering the drifters are supposed to be humans, unlike the others who seem to be devoid of humanity.
 

l3fty

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
There is only one possible figure that would fit what was shown so far, the scars show he was tortured, healing, commanding presence, yeah, pretty much only one comes to mind.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Just read the translations.... The chapters seem awesome, hopefully we get a Edited Manga soon. I am impressed by the 1001 uses shit has been given, it is a war pretty much won by it.
 
Top