Chapter Edens Zero Chapter 169 Spoilers & Discussion

Hydrean

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Personally, I see "black sky" as an equivalent of rasengan in Naruto (which is also a secret technique).
So I'm not that critical about the technique now.
Honestly, it doesn't matter if there is the ultimate in front or not.

Reblowp

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Its funny how majority of the people agree that this arc was rushed and has below mediocre fights. It's a shame that fanboys like you like everything thrown at your face even if it's bad.

And I would suggest that you tone down that passive aggression of yours. It gets on my nerves.
"Majority of people agree" well, yes if you never take a step outside of this dying platform, and check around other places. :doge
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also for the fights.. dunno how long y'all been following any of the Mashima's works, but he NEVER makes fights that long like other Shonen. It'd be cool and all, I agree, but he never did, and probably never wanted to so dunno what yall are expecting. The best he produced was the Hades fight, and that one still counts as "mediocre" in terms of overall Shonen. There's nothing wrong with criticism, but Mashima always preferred the storytelling/move the plot forward with cliffhangers instead of long fights after long fights, this isn't meathead shonen like Black Clover, for example, so I don't know why are y'all surprised about this.

Blakestnight666

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
"Majority of people agree" well, yes if you never take a step outside of this dying platform, and check around other places. :doge

Also for the fights.. dunno how long y'all been following any of the Mashima's works, but he NEVER makes fights that long like other Shonen. It'd be cool and all, I agree, but he never did, and probably never wanted to so dunno what yall are expecting. The best he produced was the Hades fight, and that one still counts as "mediocre" in terms of overall Shonen. There's nothing wrong with criticism, but Mashima always preferred the storytelling/move the plot forward with cliffhangers instead of long fights after long fights, this isn't meathead shonen like Black Clover, for example, so I don't know why are y'all surprised about this.
Aah another whiteknight who can't even handle a bit of critism and attacks other.
Cry fam cry. I thirst for your tears. :hi

This arc has the worst fight out of all the arcs. That's why people are complaining about the fights. OD Shura vs OD Shiki was disappointing and don't make me start with Nero vs Ziggy.

And fam don't insult other series which has far better fights compared to this.

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, can I have an honest opinion here? One that won't get me lambasted?

I personally enjoy this series for the raw emotions of our characters. Whether the fights are short or long, they've been effective in carrying the weight of the stories. Now yes, this arc definitely had many short fights that were over too quickly in a lot of people's eyes. But Mashima hasn't always put his focus onto the fights like people have pointed out. It's more about the emotions and characters.

I think the Nero 66 section of the Aoi Cosmos Arc is the weakest section, but only because the other sections with Red Cave and Foresta had much more interesting storylines. Again, my opinion. And I'm not gonna sugarcoat it.

The things I really liked about this arc:
-Overdrives for the EZ crew
-Rebecca's strategizing during Lost Card
-Shiki VS Shura
-Ziggy VS Nero
-Space battle above Nero 66
-Witch's sacrifice
-Rebecca trying to use Cat Leaper
-Sendoff chapter

There were some others, but those are the main ones for me. I'm not going to insult other series in comparison to this one, because that's just petty. But at the same time, I'm not going to let anyone tell me what I should think about what choices Mashima makes for the story. I'll see for myself what happens and then form an opinion. Because that's all my contributions to this forum are, opinions.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the timeskip gets handled in the next chapter.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Okay, can I have an honest opinion here? One that won't get me lambasted?

I personally enjoy this series for the raw emotions of our characters. Whether the fights are short or long, they've been effective in carrying the weight of the stories. Now yes, this arc definitely had many short fights that were over too quickly in a lot of people's eyes. But Mashima hasn't always put his focus onto the fights like people have pointed out. It's more about the emotions and characters.

I think the Nero 66 section of the Aoi Cosmos Arc is the weakest section, but only because the other sections with Red Cave and Foresta had much more interesting storylines. Again, my opinion. And I'm not gonna sugarcoat it.

The things I really liked about this arc:
-Overdrives for the EZ crew
-Rebecca's strategizing during Lost Card
-Shiki VS Shura
-Ziggy VS Nero
-Space battle above Nero 66
-Witch's sacrifice
-Rebecca trying to use Cat Leaper
-Sendoff chapter

There were some others, but those are the main ones for me. I'm not going to insult other series in comparison to this one, because that's just petty. But at the same time, I'm not going to let anyone tell me what I should think about what choices Mashima makes for the story. I'll see for myself what happens and then form an opinion. Because that's all my contributions to this forum are, opinions.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the timeskip gets handled in the next chapter.
I think nobody hated the arc. It is one of the most emotional arc and dynamic arc. It's just that the arc was rushed and could have been faaar better if it was 10 to 20 chapters longer.

I agree with all your points other than Shiki vs Shura and Nero vs Ziggy. Those two points were the weakest link of this arc.

Nonce22

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I guess there is no point in arguing out right now cause the arc is anyway over and let others have their opinion dont just go bashing them lol . I just hope that anime makes the fights last longer though

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to remind everyone that this is a spoiler thread. Not a general discussion thread. If you are not discussing the spoilers in here your post is off topic.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I must say, timeskip and everything, things are progressing at warp speed now

Aoi arc showed us a lot of amazing things but its weakness was the over reliance on Shura and hammering in that Shura is "a bad guy" while criminally ignoring Nero and just killing a bunch of characters like Creed, Jaguar, 2 Darkstars, and more importantly WITCH with absolutely little to no build up was a huge mistake on Mashima's part who is usually much better at this.

Shura, poor Shura, he alone tanked the entire arc. Yes I was glad we didn't get another friendly rival that have plagued anime, he was a proper villain, but the over focus on him and the constant need to remind us he's a bad guy coupled with the fake out at the end where I'm supposed to care about him and Ijuna because "Nobody loved him?" was just way too little way too late. Ijuna was just a lousy character that deserved far more build up; but I will say they at least finally didn't sugarcoat that Stockholm Syndrome is seriously a messed up disorder and she was a nutcase. As for Nero, I get they didn't want a repeat of the Drakken Joe story but seriously, guy deserved more spotlight

Here's hoping Mashima does better with this timeskip arc

Nemiades

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Nah, Shura vs Shiki >> Drakken vs Shiki
DJ was too much overpowered for fight vs Shiki. This was just beating. That's why i'm agreed that fight vs Shura was better, but ability DJ was cooler. Shura even don't has no one conceptual ability. What a useless jerk.

CrZFullb

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Also, Black Sky was literally mentioned once, that's not equal to hyping some shit for 50 chapters
That's why I didn't had high expectations for it. Somehow Black Sky remember me of a smaller Genki Dama that Goku had in Shin Budokai game.

Weren’t the coolest looking move but it was effective so I don’t see the problem. about this arc being speedrushed I don’t know why people expected this show to be having 60+ chapters per arc this early. It ain’t happening it’s not one piece lol. Maybe later the arcs will get longer but if it doesn’t add more to the story then there’s no need to drag it for useless filler.
This. Aoi War wasn't just Nero 66. If we count the preparations in Sandra, and all the Eraser part, it had a good amount of content. Atleast on Twitter I saw a lot of people that like this arc, dunno.

JK Network

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok Whiteknight,if you say so

Arc was still rushed with below Mediocre fights
Yawn got anything original? You don’t even have real criticism besides saying it’s rushed. What a joke lol

Firnfiction

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
it's true there wasn't much characterisation with the O6. However I think they did manage to escape so many we might see more of them in the future. I do feel it was wasted that Ijuna was this mysterious figure, ad eventually had a deeper connection with Shura but on her own, she didn't have much substance. Maybe if she interacted with Oasis instead of just Laguna, there could have been more development.

I feel like Shura vs Shiki fight was like a metaphor for how they were raised, and how they viewed their respective parent figure. And it was quite okay how it steered Nero's identity for the EZ crew.

I just wanna say the best fight we've had in this arf was us fighting back our tears for Witch's demise.

anw i'm also getting a feeling since Witch died, someone might take over her role like how Homura is to Valkyrie. If that is the case i think eventually one by one the crew might take over the 4SS and ultimately rid of Ziggy's legacy and let Shiki's own legacy ascend. (Also somehow im lowkey wishing it's Couchpo bc she's alw on the ship and that she's driven to always save EZ kitchen hahah)

Prince of the RL District

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Bruh as i said dont criticize others for their opinion lol if they have good reason
Except they don't have no good fudging reasons.

Literally every crybaby on here wants mashima to the exactly what "THEY" want. They want a 10/10 perfectly written manga. Even the bests mangas or webtoons in the world in the world like OP, AOT, TOG aren't 10/10 and its got it own fair share of BS.

I'm not satisfied with the short fights either, wished Nero vs ziggy was longer, wished we saw more destructive feats from their fights, wished some of the oceans had OD, wished ijuna and the oasis crew where fleshed out more but despite not getting all of that, I still felt that the arc was a solid 6.5/10 arguably even 7 but some people out here calling it terrible cuz it didn't go the way they wanted?

Y'all can't have ur meat and eat it.

I've come to understand that an author can't satisfy everyone, people have different tastes and stuff. And I've learnt to cut this man some slack.
Some people like shorter and quicker fights (these category of people will definitely be satisfied with fights in aoi arc) while some others like much longer fights that drags on forever(*cough*one piece, tower of god *cough cough*) and these ones will def have a problem with the arc.
Some love deaths (these ones will be content with this arc) and some others don't (i've legit seen some people butthurt and shitting on mashima for killing witch).

Bottom line Mashima can't satisfy y'all.
Take the positives from the arc instead of whining that a few things didn't go the way u wanted it to not taking into account there are some others out there who are perfectly contented with the way things turned out.

Bunch of 12 year olds on here tbh

Pain9s_4Life

Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally, I see "black sky" as an equivalent of rasengan in Naruto (which is also a secret technique).
So I'm not that critical about the technique now.
Honestly, it doesn't matter if there is the ultimate in front or not.
I see it more like a black spirit bomb 😂

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Except they don't have no good fudging reasons.

Literally every crybaby on here wants mashima to the exactly what "THEY" want. They want a 10/10 perfectly written manga. Even the bests mangas or webtoons in the world in the world like OP, AOT, TOG aren't 10/10 and its got it own fair share of BS.

I'm not satisfied with the short fights either, wished Nero vs ziggy was longer, wished we saw more destructive feats from their fights, wished some of the oceans had OD, wished ijuna and the oasis crew where fleshed out more but despite not getting all of that, I still felt that the arc was a solid 6.5/10 arguably even 7 but some people out here calling it terrible cuz it didn't go the way they wanted?

Y'all can't have ur meat and eat it.

I've come to understand that an author can't satisfy everyone, people have different tastes and stuff. And I've learnt to cut this man some slack.
Some people like shorter and quicker fights (these category of people will definitely be satisfied with fights in aoi arc) while some others like much longer fights that drags on forever(*cough*one piece, tower of god *cough cough*) and these ones will def have a problem with the arc.
Some love deaths (these ones will be content with this arc) and some others don't (i've legit seen some people butthurt and shitting on mashima for killing witch).

Bottom line Mashima can't satisfy y'all.
Take the positives from the arc instead of whining that a few things didn't go the way u wanted it to not taking into account there are some others out there who are perfectly contented with the way things turned out.

Bunch of 12 year olds on here tbh
Bruh I literally said the same points as you. So how does that makes on cr*ack?