Question Edited Manga Team=Access to RAWs?

Wakarane

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Where is the manga?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry. I'm having trouble navigating this website. I want some Raws to translate. But then I came across this article. I'm not sure I fully understood it. But what I got from it was that Japan is making it harder to legally translate free material or even access it. For all translators, how and where did you find your raws? Thanks.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,102
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Where is the manga?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry. I'm having trouble navigating this website. I want some Raws to translate. But then I came across this article. I'm not sure I fully understood it. But what I got from it was that Japan is making it harder to legally translate free material or even access it. For all translators, how and where did you find your raws? Thanks.
Mangahelpers - no longer posts raws here. Hence you're finding it difficult. The article you mentioned might be this one here? Please read as it better explains our policy / change.
Japanese companies or licensors never approved of illegal hosting of their manga / products or translations by fans that they own. As to finding raws a quick search on your local search engine will give you what you're looking for in most cases.
 

Wakarane

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry if this is in the wrong category. But I'm new having trouble navigating the website and desperate for an answer. I mean, if this website bans links to external RAW websites, and also doesn't host any, is there any way for me to even translate in association with this website?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
If you are looking for a single place to find raws and post translations, then no, this is not the site for you. Much like the many raw hosting websites around the internet do not provide a place to post translations, we no longer offer raws. We provide a high traffic site, well known to Manga Editors, where new translations can get a considerable amount of attention. With a large community of manga fans we also provide a space to promote new projects. Translators can also converse, ask questions, and provide mutual in our translator's academy forum. We have translators on staff available to answer questions, help, and providing learning tools to anyone who seeks. If you are looking for a place to connect with Manga Editors, fans, and fellow translators this is a very good website for you. If that is not enough without the availability of raws I wish you the best with all of your endeavors. Raws are a google search away, it is not a service as needed as it was in the past, nor one that is legally advisable for a site of our size.
 
Top