Voting Round 1 - Edward Elric vs. 9S | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Edward Elric vs. 9S

Who wins?

• Edward Elric

• 9S

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Edward Elric
Fullmetal Alchemist
-
9S
Nier: Automata

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
9s is more orginal. But I know he will lose.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Going have to go with Edward.

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm voting for Edward.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
9S is the true Kaneki, not Armin! :nah

Im leaning towards Krim Edward, but Im looking forward to the campaigns o/

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
9S is the true Kaneki, not Armin! :nah

Im leaning towards Krim Edward, but Im looking forward to the campaigns o/
Well they do have the same voice actor :derp

Btw I couldn't get shut about it but that one moment where you just enter the thread all hopefully but then the first thing you see is
9s is more orginal. But I know he will lose.
Thanks for the encouragement Gut :emobirb
Well it's good thing that I still have hope even tho it's a vague hope
Yes I just wanted to slap that one OST but it's still related to 9S in a way, those who played the game could know how much that ost means...maybe I could explain it later.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Alright let's start, good luck @Asako :clingy

The antenna husbando:

Edward is the youngest alchemist in history to join the army (at age 12). He's on a journey to get his little brother Alphonse and himself back in the way they were. There, we see him changing, growing and maturing.

As an alchemist he's a friki man who loves sciences, his favorite thing in the whole world.

Despite his seriousness and change from years, his sense of justice always remain the same, and so does his love for his brother, family and friends.

He fights

He can be a dork

But also a sunshine

He's a man who loves his family

But most of all he...loves to break his clothes! \o/

All the time!

Why is that? We don't know ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Vote for the antenna husbando! \o/

Last edited:

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
And like Armin, 9S also looks like a kid. Gut's man you're rly fucking kidding me :hmph
Difference is that when 9s fights. HE'S A BEAST! Especially impressive since his model of androids aren't even desighned with the capacity to fight in mind.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

warning before i start this i want to say if you dont want to see any spoilers and youre planning to play the game then dont you dare to open the spoilers tags, open them at your own risk but know that you are missing out if you do so.....ps:back after writing and it appear i didnt really put much spoilers ( but still big in term of contest ) i just got exhausted of writing and i have things to do irl still know that i gave you is only like scratching the surface of 9s personality and why i think he is fit to be the best husbando in my eyes. what I gave is only the none spoilers things

In a world were the earth was attacked by alians using machine lifeforms causing the humans to flee to the moon. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now a war between machines and androids rages on for centurys without any signs of ending, right now we 14th machine war where we following the journey of 9S 2B and latter on A2 too.

who is 9S?

9S or called YoRHa No.9 Type S for scanner otherwise is someone who was always alone because of his type job being scouting enemy and collecting infomations that is why being partned up with 2B meet the world to him and everything at the start of the game he literlly say this

"Scanners like me mostly work alone. Scouting out enemy lines and all that? I don't usually get a partner. It's kind of fun!"

in the novella we see how 9S was before meeting 2B, one time he asked the operator to come with him form how lonely he felt even tho he knows more than anyone else could know that its impossible request
but true loneliness will only be known after knowing how is it like being happy with others but then losing it all.....

lucky for him that all changed with one mission where he was ordered help the only survivor of a mission at the begginibg of the game being 2B and form then on after that mission he was the one who was put in charge of her maintenance and form then on a become her partner in all of her missions making it the start of a journey filled with happiness, desperation and lots and lots of bittersweet moments and pain
but we all know that it was all planned form the start for the real purpose of them being together and that it was no luck...........

personality wise

9S is literally just a cinnamon roll and a ball of curiosity
he is so sweet and kind especially to the one who gave him meaning in life, no matter how cold 2B seemed he knew how gentle she was, no matter how much she tried to distance herself form him he always tried to be close to her, like wanting her to call him nines
For thos who wants the translation there's the English version, I just prefer his JP voice as I always tho it could fit him better and more canon for him but the English voice isn't bad at all
Here the eng ver

he always prioritizes supporting her over everything else, ignoring his own safety no matter what, he does this more than one time, he manages to save 2B in the nick of time from great dangers, its most a meme
one of the many saves

hes always there to watch over 2B back when ever needed

hes also extremely intelligent in fact hes too smart for his own good, doesnt help that his model is degined to being really curious and that result in him being facinated by the unknown and what he doesnt know that he could try everything in his power to satify this curiosity but that same curiosity could be some source of guilt as it could endanger others in some situations ( it is the same with other S models but the curiosity of 9S is on a new lvl then the other models because of him being a high end model )
9S also love working if it comes to hacking or sth new we see that in the novella too with this

"Locating 9S is an easy task for Operator 21O. When he's on Earth, there may be issues with the satellite resolution or the communication area, so sometimes the position information can be wrong. However, when he's within the Bunker, there's no mistake. "9S is right here," 21O thinks to herself, as she stands in front of the door.
The server control room — the room within the Bunker where a large terminal is installed. 9S has been in here analyzing enemy barriers and new hacking patterns. He loves that sort of detail work.
Despite being unable to see his eyes, she's sure they're shining as he immerses himself in his work."

fighting
do you remember when i said he saved 2B so many times at the cost of himself, well know that he actually isnt as strong as 2B in term of physcial combat because scanners were never meant to fight in the front life in fact Scanners aren't even supposed to know how to use melee weapons with 9S being the exception because he reprogrammed himself to be able to do so for self defence purposes... and that by not actually wielding his weapon but by controlling it
if you were to compare 2B and 9S in a pure 1vs1 fight 2B could win with ease but when it comes to a group of machines 9S is more op and with strategies wise 9S also have the upper hand considering he is really clever.
Gameplay wise (bonus)
im doing this only for those people who say that playing as 9S is boring because u can only hack and prefer hack and slash like 2B and A2 as his sucks, i hear it so many times that it got into me.
in game hes actually really op if you really know how to play him, gameplay wise playing him is harder but after you really know how to play him hes really fun,if anyone here played the game knows that you are told about how to use light atk only and hacking most could continue this way but theres actually a way to make him use heavy atk that is if you dont smach the button or if you atk while hes in the dash animation and i mean in it not when he finish it and then he runs, his heavy atks are actually really op and it makes for a challege to master them, same with his counter atk being stronger then 2B
still that doesnt change the fact that his main way of taking out enemy is his hacking ability after all hes hackerman for a reason ( and its stupidly op like some boss fight where it could take to finish as 2B 6 min while she the same lvl of the boss it could take 9S less than 3min with hacking while being 20 lvls below the boss )

funfact ...or not you can like 2b explode his pants....and you will get a tophy for running with him like that for an hour..yoko you mad man :XD
while playing the first time i made him self explode i didnt realise that he was really without no pants but i felt like sth were missing but tho it was my imagination it took me some time to really realise that he was pantless XD ( i laughted so hard when i finallly realised because nobody talks about him having the same meme as 2B without a skirt )

and then i want to show 9S in SINoALICE yoko taro new mobile game that is yet to become to global but it will be soon

and fanservice for KH fans

i could appreciate if you ever vote for this sweetheart

and finally good luck to revo

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
WAIT A SEC can't believe I forgot the most important thing... his voice is Jp is damm cute especially his "Hai haiii!" When I hear it it always cure my depression like it's extremely cheerful in JP that's may be my biggest problem with the eng version, his "yeah yeah" in eng is like being annoyed while in JP it's extremely cheerful especially depend on the side quests he can be more cheerful.
Yes I went to look for that hai hai in a full route cutscene because JP voice are so damn rare to find BUT NOTHING WILL GET IN MY WAY WHEN IT COMES TO HIS CUTE CONFIRMATION
It's in 10m48 just to be sure saying it here but normally it could link u to the place

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well Edward is a great choice... but I just can't :biblethump

Voting for 9S, great campaign post Asa! :pleased Wouldn't it be insanely cool if 9S wins the husbando wars now? :zomg You definitely have my support until the very end :blush (well, besides should Shirou face 9S at some point...)

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Well Edward is a great choice... but I just can't :biblethump

Voting for 9S, great campaign post Asa! :pleased Wouldn't it be insanely cool if 9S wins the husbando wars now? :zomg You definitely have my support until the very end :blush (well, besides should Shirou face 9S at some point...)
Yes it could be insanely cool if he won especially with 2B being the winner of WW, they will be reunited even here :wtf
Best couple, they deserve every single happy moment from how much they went through :cookiearf

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How old are these boys? :s

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
How old are these boys? :s
For Ed he start at 15/16 at the start of the manga and you follow him till he's 18 at the end of the manga.
I'm surprised you don't know FMA

For nines it's complicated ... but short answer with no spoilers he an android age is irrelevant for him and for his looks he was just created to look that way just like all the other female android that look sexy.
I also have more things to say about his looks but I save it for later when I get to talk about his theme that is needed to talk about after I talk the spoilers stuff everything is related

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I consider the two campaigns pretty much equivalent and both worthy of a vote, so I'll go with my personal preference of the characters themselves.

Edward is a nice choice.
9S is a terrible one.
Also looks like a 12-year-old. And would technically never grow up from that appearance.
He is also a slightly creepy pervert.

A slightly creepy 12-year-old pervert.

Going with 9S.

Just kidding, did you not read what I wrote...? =3=

Edward it is! Even though he was kind of a jerk in Maquia.

Status
Not open for further replies.