- Joined
- Nov 17, 2005
- Messages
- 2,870
- Reaction score
- 60
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
I'm surprised to see that this thread had not been created.
Everyone uses English here and yet, we don't have a thread to discuss English itself?
Well, I have to do something, thus the birth of this thread.
I am studying English myself and being an avid learner, I think that sharing is the best way to learn. I have this quote I made for myself, "To learn is to teach, to teach is to learn". So this place is the place where people can ask about English, just anything from idiomatic expressions to basic grammatical mistakes to esoteric lexicon. Everything about English is welcomed into this thread. Just be courteous to each other and learn English the fun way around.
Let's begin then!
Everyone uses English here and yet, we don't have a thread to discuss English itself?
Well, I have to do something, thus the birth of this thread. I am studying English myself and being an avid learner, I think that sharing is the best way to learn. I have this quote I made for myself, "To learn is to teach, to teach is to learn". So this place is the place where people can ask about English, just anything from idiomatic expressions to basic grammatical mistakes to esoteric lexicon. Everything about English is welcomed into this thread. Just be courteous to each other and learn English the fun way around.
Let's begin then!


Is this an example of what troubles you with regard to critical reading? Another point, how come those 4 are considered phrases and not sentences? "I live with my siblings and parents/parents and siblings" is a sentence already; a phrase was added next to it.

(English isn't my first language either.)



