Team - Erza & Mira vs Laxus & Gray | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Team Erza & Mira vs Laxus & Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karna

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Intent: To kill

Restriction: PoF, Macro, Fairy Law, Iced Shell and its variants

Who wins?

Plutogrim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus and Gray wins.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
If the intent is to kill, then it's basically Erza vs Laxus.

Bc if the intent is to kill, Erza and Laxus go full strenght from the beginning, something Erza never does

And the shock from their blows probably ko Mirajane and Gray at this point lmao

I mean Laxus basically walked over Skullion and Madmole who are comparable to Mirajane and Gray, and that was before he get a power boost

Laxus chan-yo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Current Laxus after his new massive powerup solos

Last edited:

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If the intent is to kill, then it's basically Erza vs Laxus.

Bc if the intent is to kill, Erza and Laxus go full strenght from the beginning, something Erza never does

And the shock from their blows probably ko Mirajane and Gray at this point lmao

I mean Laxus basically walked over Skullion and Madmole who are comparable to Mirajane and Gray, and that was before he get a power boost
neither does laxus lol

Anyways laxus and gray wins
laxus>erza
Mira=gray

Furkan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
It could be a balanced fight if we put Gray on the side of Erza and Mira.

With the last episode, logically Laxus should be able to defeat Erza and Mira alone.But I have no idea how Mashima will write this fight.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Girls wins if this is current Gray.
Boys wins if this is x792 Gray.

AmitDS

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Are people forgetting that Erza showed us a new power up in this arc too, by combining her armadura armor (1 of her strongest) with Jellal's heavenly body magic?

It's clear that Mashima is never going to let Laxus get a clean win over Erza. It's always going to be a virtual tie even if he performs better or falls last or whatever. And we've seen that BSS Mira is above Gray so logically even if Erza can't put down Laxus, she'd do enough for Mira to finish him off when she's done with Gray. Mira

Furkan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Are people forgetting that Erza showed us a new power up in this arc too, by combining her armadura armor (1 of her strongest) with Jellal's heavenly body magic?

It's clear that Mashima is never going to let Laxus get a clean win over Erza. It's always going to be a virtual tie even if he performs better or falls last or whatever. And we've seen that BSS Mira is above Gray so logically even if Erza can't put down Laxus, she'd do enough for Mira to finish him off when she's done with Gray. Mira
Nobody forgot that Erza got a power up, but Erza is unable to fight and Laxus is still standing despite encountering 4 different enemies,
I know his body is in bad shape, but he doesn't seem tired thanks to the power up he got.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

Powerup wasn't as powerful as Laxus's, so I don't see the point of bringing that up.

As for the matchup, the people who love to say Laxus vs Erza tied are now saying she beat Misaki even though the situation is damn near the same. Meanwhile, Laxus was relative to the Black Knights before the powerup and washed arguably the strongest one after it. By feats, Laxus and Gray win with room to spare; if this were actually to happen, I don't see Hiro letting Gray and Mira get stomped even though they were last shown to be around Skullion's level, and Laxus stomped him. If we go by those parameters, Laxus and Gray take it high dif.

AmitDS

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Powerup wasn't as powerful as Laxus's, so I don't see the point of bringing that up.
Lol how do you know exactly how strong or weak her power up is? They both used them to finish off BDSK members. Even if Kirin is stronger, it's clearly not by a notable amount.

So I'll bring it up because people on here are acting like Laxus jumped several tiers. Mashima gave us the fight and showed us how it would go if Erza fights Laxus. Ignoring authorial intent to push an agenda isn't a good look. Erza just used a new power i.e. Jellal's power with 1 of her strongest armors but let's ignore it because Laxus got a powered up version of his red lightning. Funny enough they both used these moves as finishers for the Misaki and Kirin but guys here as still trying to prove that Laxus is notably and significantly stronger than her, finally. Heck even her basic adamantine armor was able to completely block Misaki's strongest power which she used to spar against Kirin.

As for the matchup, the people who love to say Laxus vs Erza tied are now saying she beat Misaki even though the situation is damn near the same. Meanwhile, Laxus was relative to the Black Knights before the powerup and washed arguably the strongest one after it. By feats, Laxus and Gray win with room to spare; if this were actually to happen, I don't see Hiro letting Gray and Mira get stomped even though they were last shown to be around Skullion's level, and Laxus stomped him. If we go by those parameters, Laxus and Gray take it high dif.
Point is, Laxus isn't stomping Erza. It doesn't matter how much you guys wank Laxus, Kirin or whoever. It's not going to be anything less than extreme diff and that's more than enough for Mira to beat him after she low-mid diffs Gray. Gray isn't even equal to Mira's weakest form. This lie that Gray = Mira is still circulating in 2022? She tied with Skullion in her weakest form while he arguably low diffed DeS Gray and this same Gray was afraid of Mira and struggled to beat her when she was heavily injured. Laxus vs Erza doesn't even matter as much because Mira is significantly superior to Gray and would mop up Laxus after Erza is done with him (if she loses as their gap is near negligible).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nobody forgot that Erza got a power up, but Erza is unable to fight and Laxus is still standing despite encountering 4 different enemies,
I know his body is in bad shape, but he doesn't seem tired thanks to the power up he got.
Mashima already showed you guys what Laxus vs Erza would look like. Lol and Erza arguably took more damage than Laxus took due to hax. On topic, Laxus isn't doing any better than extreme diffing Erza which makes this match a win for the ladies as Mira is significantly beyond Gray while Erza and Laxus are very close. So Laxus winning doesn't mean his team wins. Mira would finish him off.

This is not an Erza vs Laxus thread. It's an Erza and Mira vs Laxus and Gray matchup. No way feats and hype and even authorial intent would have the girls losing here.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Lol how do you know exactly how strong or weak her power up is? They both used them to finish off BDSK members. Even if Kirin is stronger, it's clearly not by a notable amount.
His power up basically one shot the stronger BDSK member and seems to be a mode, unlike Erza where she has a single attack.

So I'll bring it up because people on here are acting like Laxus jumped several tiers. Mashima gave us the fight and showed us how it would go if Erza fights Laxus. Ignoring authorial intent to push an agenda isn't a good look. Erza just used a new power i.e. Jellal's power with 1 of her strongest armors but let's ignore it because Laxus got a powered up version of his red lightning. Funny enough they both used these moves as finishers for the Misaki and Kirin but guys here as still trying to prove that Laxus is notably and significantly stronger than her, finally. Heck even her basic adamantine armor was able to completely block Misaki's strongest power which she used to spar against Kirin.
Laxus got significantly stronger, dunno why this is being debated, I never said several tiers so I dunno why you're mentioning it. Laxus's regular red lightning hurt Kirin but didn't do too much, compared to his red lighting dragon king attack which dropped him. Laxus got a hefty boost.

Nonono. Erza fans claimed Laxus tied with her because he dropped shortly after, Erza stans need to be consistent. She dropped right after Misaki, according to them they're tied, meanwhile, Laxus is still up and running. Matter of fact, the most damage Laxus took was him ripping his own Lacrima out. In terms of who has been the most impressive FT member this arc? It's been Laxus (Natsu will probably outdo him).

Point is, Laxus isn't stomping Erza.
Didn't say this.

It doesn't matter how much you guys wank Laxus, Kirin or whoever. It's not going to be anything less than extreme diff and that's more than enough for Mira to beat him after she low-mid diffs Gray. Gray isn't even equal to Mira's weakest form. This lie that Gray = Mira is still circulating in 2022? She tied with Skullion in her weakest form while he arguably low diffed DeS Gray and this same Gray was afraid of Mira and struggled to beat her when she was heavily injured. Laxus vs Erza doesn't even matter as much because Mira is significantly superior to Gray and would mop up Laxus after Erza is done with him (if she loses as their gap is near negligible).
It won't be an extreme dif, nor do I think Mira is low-diffing Gray. Mira seemed dead equal with Skullion with Gray being slightly below, Gray wont win but he can stay up long enough for Laxus to win.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
and that's more than enough for Mira to beat him after she low-mid diffs Gray. Gray isn't even equal to Mira's weakest form. This lie that Gray = Mira is still circulating in 2022? She tied with Skullion in her weakest form while he arguably low diffed DeS Gray and this same Gray was afraid of Mira and struggled to beat her when she was heavily injured.
Gray and Skullion were fighting somewhat equally before Skullion pulled off Black Ash imo. Gray was freezing Skullion's attacks while Skullion was turning his attacks into ash. I'm honestly not convinced that Skullion used Black Ash against Mira because she simply has no counter to it (+no Brandish) and Madmole was fighting Elfman close to them so he wouldn't have took the risk to use it with his comrade being close to him.

Gray didn't even fought Skullion in close combat like Mira did, so we don't know what he'd have done if that was case so claiming that Mira's weakest form is so far beyond Gray is really unfair.

Gray wasn't really afraid of Mira, he just considered her as a threat, and while, he has struggled to beat a weakened version of herself, you don't know whether or not Gray has used his devil-slaying magic nor if Mira used her stronger forms.

AmitDS

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Gray and Skullion were fighting somewhat equally before Skullion pulled off Black Ash imo. Gray was freezing Skullion's attacks while Skullion was turning his attacks into ash. I'm honestly not convinced that Skullion used Black Ash against Mira because she simply has no counter to it (+no Brandish) and Madmole was fighting Elfman close to them so he wouldn't have took the risk to use it with his comrade being close to him.
@Bold. Very telling.

No they weren't. Skullion countered everything Gray used then beat him with a smile on his face. Skullion was visibly hurt vs BSS Mira and agreed with her that it was a tie after taking way longer to fight her than he did when he beat Gray.

Gray didn't even fought Skullion in close combat like Mira did, so we don't know what he'd have done if that was case so claiming that Mira's weakest form is so far beyond Gray is really unfair.
This is all conjecture. Yeah you don't know so stop making up convenient contrived criteria for Gray to not be weaker lol. Mashima made it clear who was superior. Gray himself kept telling us that Mira is strong, could beat Skullion and that he struggled to beat her when she was quite injured.

The fact that Gray, who lost to Skullion, thought Mira could beat him is proof enough.

The fact that Gray was stated to have done his best to extreme diff an injured Mira is proof enough.

The fact that Mirajane in her weakest form did better vs Skullion than Gray did in his DeS form is proof enough.

Idk when this 2+ year damage control is going to stop with Gray vs Mira on here.

Gray wasn't really afraid of Mira, he just considered her as a threat, and while, he has struggled to beat a weakened version of herself, you don't know whether or not Gray has used his devil-slaying magic nor if Mira used her stronger forms.
He said fighting her would be tough, he expected to take her when she was quite injured, he struggled to beat her when she was quite injured, his DeS freezing would fail against her like it did vs Skullion, she is capable of beating Skullion (who he lost to) while he himself used DeS to beat his friend Demon Freed who was weaker than him and Juvia said he did his best vs Mira. What more do we need?

Gray used DeS on Freed who was weaker than him. What proof do you have that he failed to use it on Mira who is stronger than Freed and himself, when Juvia said he did his best vs her?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

His power up basically one shot the stronger BDSK member and seems to be a mode, unlike Erza where she has a single attack.
That's your headcanon. There is no proof that Erza is unable to maintain the armor and sword combo since she does it all the time with her armors, swords and previous enchantment.

Laxus got significantly stronger, dunno why this is being debated, I never said several tiers so I dunno why you're mentioning it. Laxus's regular red lightning hurt Kirin but didn't do too much, compared to his red lighting dragon king attack which dropped him. Laxus got a hefty boost.
Erza 'dropped' Misaki with her armadura + heavenly body enchantment and defended against her strongest move with her adamantine shield. Unless Misaki is significantly weaker than Kirin is then it doesn't make much of a difference in the Erza vs Laxus matchup. It would still be extreme diff.

Nonono. Erza fans claimed Laxus tied with her because he dropped shortly after, Erza stans need to be consistent. She dropped right after Misaki, according to them they're tied, meanwhile, Laxus is still up and running. Matter of fact, the most damage Laxus took was him ripping his own Lacrima out. In terms of who has been the most impressive FT member this arc? It's been Laxus (Natsu will probably outdo him).
It's narratively painted as a 'virtual tie'. Laxus performed better IMO but she was able to stand her ground and bring it to a point that they took one another out.

Didn't say this.
Good so Erza and Mira win.

It won't be an extreme dif, nor do I think Mira is low-diffing Gray. Mira seemed dead equal with Skullion with Gray being slightly below, Gray wont win but he can stay up long enough for Laxus to win.
Gray struggled to beat heavily injured Mirajane. Mirajane in her weakest form tied with Skullion who beat Gray on panel relatively easily. Mirajane's strongest forms shit on this form.

Erza and Laxus is confirmed an extreme diff and a virtual tie on panel.

Nothing indicates that Gray would stay up long enough for Laxus to win. In fact the opposite is likely. Mira takes out Gray before Laxus and Erza's fight ends and they then bully Laxus. If Mira repeats what Skullion did to Gray with her BSS then she still takes him out relatively quickly. Erza and Laxus both got new power ups this arc so nothing leads me to believe that the outcome is changing much when they fight.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
That's your headcanon. There is no proof that Erza is unable to maintain the armor and sword combo since she does it all the time with her armors, swords and previous enchantment.
No, I'm going off what was shown, you're using headcanon saying she can maintain it.

Erza 'dropped' Misaki with her armadura + heavenly body enchantment and defended against her strongest move with her adamantine shield. Unless Misaki is significantly weaker than Kirin is then it doesn't make much of a difference in the Erza vs Laxus matchup. It would still be extreme diff.
And Erza was dropped right after. Erza extreme diffed someone who's arguably weaker than Kirin, yet Laxus who's fully up after beating Kirin will be pushed to extreme dif?

It's narratively painted as a 'virtual tie'. Laxus performed better IMO but she was able to stand her ground and bring it to a point that they took one another out.
Erza dropped first and Laxus shortly after, if that's a tie so is Erza vs Misaki. Laxus dropped someone stronger than her and is still up.

Good so Erza and Mira win.
1 + 1 = Pickles

Gray struggled to beat heavily injured Mirajane. Mirajane in her weakest form tied with Skullion who beat Gray on panel relatively easily. Mirajane's strongest forms shit on this form.
Mira can never maintain her strongest form, Gray is surviving if she goes that route. There's a reason she never busts those out.

Erza and Laxus is confirmed an extreme diff and a virtual tie on panel.
Those versions of Laxus and Erza aren't in this matchup.

Nothing indicates that Gray would stay up long enough for Laxus to win. In fact the opposite is likely. Mira takes out Gray before Laxus and Erza's fight ends and they then bully Laxus. If Mira repeats what Skullion did to Gray with her BSS then she still takes him out relatively quickly. Erza and Laxus both got new power ups this arc so nothing leads me to believe that the outcome is changing much when they fight.
Gray can stall. Mira is not that much stronger than him in BSS and Mira can never maintain her stronger forms.

"Nothing leads me to believe that outcome is changing that much."

>Erza dropped after one fight.
>Laxus drops two people.
>Laxus then fights someone stronger than the person Erza tied with.
>Laxus is still up and running after going through more than Erza.

Yeah, aight.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
No they weren't. Skullion countered everything Gray used then beat him with a smile on his face. Skullion was visibly hurt vs BSS Mira and agreed with her that it was a tie after taking way longer to fight her than he did when he beat Gray.
Yes they were. Skullion turned Gray's regular attacks into ash, Gray froze the sea with his devil-slaying magic, blitzed Skullion with Ice Devil's Zeroth Long Sword, Skullion turned it into ash, used Corpse Dragon's Absolute Ash to turn sea water into ash, Gray froze it, and then Skullion finished him with Black Ash. They were fighting equally before Black Ash.

Stalemating someone does not mean that you have used everything in your arsenal. Laxus and Erza's fight was stated multiple times to be a draw, yet we haven't seen Erza using Nakagami nor Laxus using using Fairy Law. Same applies to Skullion and Mira's fight. I'm doubtful of Mira having used Alegria due to her stamina issues, just as I don't think Skullion has used Black Ash against her due Madmole's presence.

The fact that Gray, who lost to Skullion, thought Mira could beat him is proof enough.
Lost to Skullion with circumstances on the later's favor. Natsu lost to Madmole and Erza lost to Kyria due to them having a disadvantage and no way to bypass their magic (on their first encounter). Anway, it doesn't matter since Mira cannot beat Skullion as she said herself.

The fact that Gray was stated to have done his best to extreme diff an injured Mira is proof enough.
Juvia is Gray's number-one fan-girl so I take her statement with a grain of salt. So it doesn't prove that Gray has used DeS magic on her or not.

The fact that Mirajane in her weakest form did better vs Skullion than Gray did in his DeS form is proof enough.
Mira fought Skullion in close combat. Gray did not.

He said fighting her would be tough, he expected to take her when she was quite injured, he struggled to beat her when she was quite injured, his DeS freezing would fail against her like it did vs Skullion, she is capable of beating Skullion (who he lost to) while he himself used DeS to beat his friend Demon Freed who was weaker than him and Juvia said he did his best vs Mira. What more do we need?

Gray used DeS on Freed who was weaker than him. What proof do you have that he failed to use it on Mira who is stronger than Freed and himself, when Juvia said he did his best vs her?
Gray used his devil-slaying magic against Freed because he was forced to.

Status
Not open for further replies.