Conditional - Erza vs DiMaria | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Conditional Erza vs DiMaria

Who wins?

• Erza Scarlet

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 41 61.2%

• Total voters

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Erza Scarlet
The real female knight from Fairy Tail
Requip - The Knight

VS

DiMaria Yesta
The female Spriggan12 member who looks like a knight
Age Seal; Take-Over God Soul (Chronos)

Conditions
  • Ultear(projection) is present in the Valley of time, so she allows Erza to move freely and can do so for any amount of time
  • This is current Erza (X792)
  • No restrictions on magic
  • Victor determined when the opponent cannot continue

Who wins
the battle that everyone thought would happen?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I got this as Erza winning, probably with high difficulty.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Going with Erza here with high diff. First, Erza is very powerful and is an extremely capable fighter. As we saw with Dimaria, there were no extraordinary feats in terms of physical combat. Kagura was able to repel her attack back when she first showed up, she also got hit and attacked a number of times by Wendy and Sherria though she took little to no damage. Considering this, I'll give erza the nod in terms of battle prowess. Also, unlike Ajeel with his sand body, Dimaria won't be immune to attacks. With Erza's numerous attacks and armors/weapons, I can see her doing a decent deal of damage to Dimaria. Erza is also a tank, so she should be able to keep up with Dimaria's god takeover. She can probably even use armor to repel some attacks. In all, I see Erza taking this with high diff. Dimaria is still a tough opponent and quite durable herself considering she took head on attacks from Dragon force and God slayers and remained unharmed but I see Erza being able to overcome her eventually. The biggest problem would've been age seal, but Ultear's projection presence would negate that.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem with Dimaria's fight was that she was taken out by a cheap move. Third Origin was totally nonsense and didn't make sense like Second Origin. From the way Ultear describes it, it is supposed to fast forward your magic abilities to the the power it will be at maximum potential. You can essentially compare this to the likes of her future self with years and years of training. In theory, a person who trains should grow stronger so it is impossible to pinpoint such a time in the future that will portray Chelia's magic. Not to mention, Hiro Mashima had to put a restriction on Third Origin that you won't be able to lose magic anymore after attaining such power. Why? Simply because it was OP.
  • Dimaria Yesta > Erza Scarlet [Medium Difficulty]
Honestly, the way I felt about Dimaria was that she was taken out too easily. Her fight seemed to downgrade her because Chelia beat her. Now what most people fail to understand here is the extent of the power of Third Origin. It gives you power, far more than Second Origin which releases your inner power equal to about 7 years worth of training. When you think of it like this, Third Origin is extremely overpowered and kind of like the situation with Laxus vs. Wahl.

Now moving on to Erza. Erza couldn't even handle Ajeel. Some people say he is the weakest but I wouldn't necessarily put him that low until we've seen feats from every Spriggan so I'll disregard that. The way it seems so far, Ajeel and Dimaria are quite comparable in power. This does not mean both are weak. That is what readers perceive but they have shown to handle quite a lot. Anyways, Erza outright loses to Ajeel, not just because of intangibility. She even had trouble with him after using water attacks which was able to hit him. The point here is that she had the help from Jupiter Cannon and still tied the fight so against Dimaria, she would probably have trouble, especially without any help.

You can tell Hiro Mashima is speeding up the progress of the Alvarez Arc which is probably because he wants to spend more time with the battles regarding the higher tiers within the Spriggan 12. I do believe we'll get some real fights in the upcoming chapters with stronger Spriggans, but that is pretty much hope.

Last edited:

iDooom

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria (without Age Seal) is quite a bit weaker than Ajeel with regards to attack power, speed, etc. Dimaria's age scratch and beam attacks didn't even incapacitate Wendy, so her attacks would be ineffective against Erza. Dimaria does seem to have reasonable durability to tank DF Wendy's attacks, but Erza has Nakagami, Benizakura, etc. Erza should win mid to high diff.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'd say DiMaria has better durability than Erza - though Erza usually clads herself in armour so that would bridge the gap I'd say. That said Erza's big moves can definitely work on DiMaria, well it did v Ajeel.

DiMaria's attacks fall short though. That laser is blockable by someone at Sherria's level, and that full powered attack... that is almost blockable by Wendy(base) enchantments. Erza has many moves that trump this. Compared to a spriggan DiMaria's full powered attack is much less than God Serena's DS spells, and might be weaker than a punch from Wahl. DiMaria's greatest power by miles is Age Seal, that's what makes her Spriggan level (apart from MP).

TO-Sherria is lesser than Erza to me. Nothing really indicates she's better, and Erza has more feats to draw from. Sherria was probably around the same age as Erza too by the looks, it's just that Erza is more talented. And her endurance/mental toughness usually trump anyone.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria (without Age Seal) is quite a bit weaker than Ajeel with regards to attack power, speed, etc. Dimaria's age scratch and beam attacks didn't even incapacitate Wendy, so her attacks would be ineffective against Erza. Dimaria does seem to have reasonable durability to tank DF Wendy's attacks, but Erza has Nakagami, Benizakura, etc. Erza should win mid to high diff.
Well, to be fair, it's not like Dimaria's attacks didn't affect Wendy. Sure, it didn't incapacitate her, but how many times has that happened in the series even when we see strong mages vs. weak mages? Either way, her attacks still did a lot of damage to Wendy to the point she would have died if there were no interference involved. I see Dimaria's Age Scratch as a starting attack and not a finisher because Dimaria said it would inflict immense pain. She was technically toying around in her God Soul form. This was also similar to when Kyōka tortured Erza with pain. It wasn't supposed to kill her but rather make her weak. Also, note that this was just the beginning of the fight...

Not to mention, Dimaria even made DF Wendy immobile which is impressive in itself. If the battle were to continue, Dimaria's following attacks would probably kill her. It just so happens that Chelia was able to defend her. By the way, this is the same Wendy that was able to defeat a Nine Demon Gate like Ezel by herself one year ago. She probably has grown a lot stronger; however, that does not mean she should be classified as a High Tier Wizard yet.

I'd say DiMaria has better durability than Erza - though Erza usually clads herself in armour so that would bridge the gap I'd say. That said Erza's big moves can definitely work on DiMaria, well it did v Ajeel.

DiMaria's attacks fall short though. That laser is blockable by someone at Sherria's level, and that full powered attack... that is almost blockable by Wendy(base) enchantments. Erza has many moves that trump this. Compared to a spriggan DiMaria's full powered attack is much less than God Serena's DS spells, and might be weaker than a punch from Wahl. DiMaria's greatest power by miles is Age Seal, that's what makes her Spriggan level (apart from MP).

TO-Sherria is lesser than Erza to me. Nothing really indicates she's better, and Erza has more feats to draw from. Sherria was probably around the same age as Erza too by the looks, it's just that Erza is more talented. And her endurance/mental toughness usually trump anyone.
I don't deny that Erza attack would work on Dimaria but would it kill her? Probably not. Plus, Dimaria also wears armor, whether that makes a difference or not is up to the viewer.

I kinda knew you would bring the point up that Chelia blocked Dimaria's attack but it was Third Origin Chelia. I guess we just have to disagree here because we obviously don't see the events of the fight in the same manner. As for Wendy, I think we interpreted Dimaria's words differently. First of all, Wendy is a support mage so enchantments and defense should be her specialty even though she would have lost nevertheless. Second, Dimaria was already losing her God Soul from the previous panel. Basically, she was going downhill at that point and I understood her "full-powered attack" as the extent of her power in desperation while being in a weakened state at the same time. I would agree that these feats are definitely lower than God Serena. As for Wahl, she wouldn't be close to Wahl's Etherion or anything of that sort... But definitely stronger than any of Whal's punches.

Yeah, I did not mean Chelia was Erza's age or anything. I was just saying her power level has increased significantly to the point it would be comparable to the power she could wield in the future.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I don't deny that Erza attack would work on Dimaria but would it kill her? Probably not. Plus, Dimaria also wears armor, whether that makes a difference or not is up to the viewer.

I kinda knew you would bring the point up that Chelia blocked Dimaria's attack but it was Third Origin Chelia. I guess we just have to disagree here because we obviously don't see the events of the fight in the same manner. As for Wendy, I think we interpreted Dimaria's words differently. First of all, Wendy is a support mage so enchantments and defense should be her specialty even though she would have lost nevertheless. Second, Dimaria was already losing her God Soul from the previous panel. Basically, she was going downhill at that point and I understood her "full-powered attack" as the extent her of power in desperation while being in a weakened state at the same time. I would agree that these feats are definitely lower than God Serena. As for Wahl, she wouldn't be close to Wahl's Etherion or anything of that sort... But definitely stronger than any of Whal's punches.

Yeah, I did not mean Chelia was Erza's age or anything. I was just saying her power level has increased significantly to the point it would be comparable to the power she could wield in the future.
I think if Erza's got enough in the tank to defeat DiMaria. Unlike v Ajeel, she won't be outclassed. I view DiMaria (w/o Age Seal) as less effective in combat compared to Ajeel, Wahl or Serena are... and I think this is probably because she is used to fighting people who cannot move.

Yes it comes down to how high you want to rate Sherria with Third Origin, I don't really think she did anything to suggest she's Erza level or better. DiMaria called it her full-powered attack though, I can't really see another interpretation for it. Wahl's punch could be much weaker, I'm just not impressed at all by the so called full-powered move. I can see Erza taking little damage from it.

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Erza should take it.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Di Maria > Erza medium diff.

I can't see Erza defeating Di Maria. She could keep up with her for a while, but I've no doubt that she'll lose in the end.

God Soul is without a doubt the strongest Take Over Soul we've seen so far. I'd say that Erza is equal with Mirajane. Satan Soul isn't as strong as God Soul.

If Ultear can't appear, Erza would've been one shotted (anyone would). But it's almost unfair for a mage to fight against Di Maria without Ultear's help.

Okay, so I'll start with Erza's current power level. We know that she uses Second Origin. First of all, Di Maria was defeated by someone who had to use Third Origin. Third Origin is overpowered, it's a way higher level than Second Origin. Even though Erza is quite stronger than base Chelia, she can't match her in Third Origin. Chelia isn't weak. I'd put TO Chelia equal or slightly above current Laxus. TO Chelia > Current Erza.

With the current power level Erza has, she wasn't even as strong as Ajeel. She needed help from the powerful weapon Jupiter to take him down. Current Erza isn't as strong as a Spriggan. It's almost a fact that Di Maria is stronger than Ajeel, so how could Erza take Di Maria out while she can't beat Ajeel?

Secondly, Di Maria has shown a lot of impressive feats to take someone out. Her beams which can't be seen with the blind eye could pierce Erza wherever Di Maria likes. Yes, she could use an armor to protect her body. But how about her body parts which aren't covered? Someone as fast as Wendy couldn't dodge it, so Erza can't as well.

I can see Erza taking Age Scratch with PoF like she did against Kyôka. We all know Erza can handle pain.

Chronos Soul surpasses almost every skill Erza has. Erza only has a better defence, which could be broken with Di Maria's beams.

Erza would put up an epic fight against her, but even with Nakagami Armor she can't win against a God.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Dimaria is not a God, and whatever advantages she would normally have during combat is stripped off her because of Ultear's intervention.
Ezra would pawn Dimaria pretty hard & pretty fast without her time gimmick. Nakagami armour would be overkill; totally unnecessary.

iDooom

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Di Maria > Erza medium diff.

I can't see Erza defeating Di Maria. She could keep up with her for a while, but I've no doubt that she'll lose in the end.
No doubt, because Dimaria has SO many feats against top tier opponents.

I'd say that Erza is equal with Mirajane.
Really? I thought current Erza was weaker than Mira and Mystogan. lol

Based on last chapter, I'd change my ranking:

1. Laxus
2. Gildarts
3. Mirajane
4. Mystogan
5. Erza

Since Laxus can solo a Spriggan, I'd say he surpasses Gildarts with no doubt. If Crimson Thunder can defeat Wahl, it can one shot Gildarts as well.

God Soul is without a doubt the strongest Take Over Soul we've seen so far. Satan Soul isn't as strong as God Soul.
Really? Isn't Satan > some random lame god? xP

If Ultear can't appear, Erza would've been one shotted (anyone would). But it's almost unfair for a mage to fight against Di Maria without Ultear's help.
It's almost as if Ultear is nullifying Dimaria's time hax in this hypothetical battle.

Okay, so I'll start with Erza's current power level. We know that she uses Second Origin. First of all, Di Maria was defeated by someone who had to use Third Origin. Third Origin is overpowered, it's a way higher level than Second Origin. Even though Erza is quite stronger than base Chelia, she can't match her in Third Origin. Chelia isn't weak. TO Chelia > Current Erza.
Erza is slightly stronger than Chelia... just by about three tiers. TO Chelia, who only has feats against Dimaria, is unbeatable. So what you're saying is that Lucy and Juvia (SO) > Laxus, Mira and Gajeel (First Origin).

I'd put TO Chelia equal or slightly above current Laxus.

With the current power level Erza has, she wasn't even as strong as Ajeel. She needed help from the powerful weapon Jupiter to take him down. Current Erza isn't as strong as a Spriggan. It's almost a fact that Di Maria is stronger than Ajeel, so how could Erza take Di Maria out while she can't beat Ajeel?
And it's almost a fact Dimaria (without age seal) > Ajeel because?

Secondly, Di Maria has shown a lot of impressive feats to take someone out. Her beams which can't be seen with the blind eye could pierce Erza wherever Di Maria likes. Yes, she could use an armor to protect her body. But how about her body parts which aren't covered? Someone as fast as Wendy couldn't dodge it, so Erza can't as well.
Because not only is Wendy fast, she's as fast as Erza.

I can see Erza taking Age Scratch with PoF like she did against Kyôka. We all know Erza can handle pain.

Chronos Soul surpasses almost every skill Erza has. Erza only has a better defence, which could be broken with Di Maria's beams.
Everything... except attack power, CQC, speed, and intelligence. And Dimaria's beams, which failed to incapacitate Wendy and kill Charle >>> Jupiter...

Erza would put up an epic fight against her, but even with Nakagami Armor she can't win against a God.
Like how nobody could beat GOD Serena. Or that Ikusa...something. Oh wait...

At this point, I really shouldn't be surprised by your posts.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza low difficulty. Dimaria'sbest ability is her time stop which is nullified here thanks to Ultear. Erza would easily tank Dimaria nukes and anyone of Erza's armors would one shot Dimaria.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Dimaria wins This.Erza couldn't defeat Ajeel So How Can She Defeat Dimaria.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
First of all, back to the TO Sherria vs Dimaria, does Third Origin increase not only MP but also other skills such as speed, agility, CQC etc? If TO could only increase a mage's MP then Erza should win this. Erza is well known for her impressive speed, agility, and CQC skills. Some things Dimaria doesn't have. I somehow feel like Dimaria's takeover mode doesn't have impressive feats. All she did was just release some amount of MP and make a crater as a consequence, beam laser, CQC against Sherria, and then get defeated. Erza can overcome Age Scratch. We have known that from Erza vs Kyoka.

Erza has Flight Armor which is faster than Dimaria. She also has Nakagami that I feel like it almost drains an enemy's MP.

Erza can't beat Ajeel easily because there is Marin's magic interrupting her requip, so that she was left one step behind Ajeel.

Cmiiw

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
First of all, back to the TO Sherria vs Dimaria, does Third Origin increase not only MP but also other skills such as speed, agility, CQC etc?
I think Third Origin does improve other capabilities and not just MP. I say this because Sherria actually got bigger. I presume TO just changes Sherria to the point in time where she in in her prime. So speed, strength, durability etc will be improved (the swatting of DiMaria's laser proves this).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dimaria wins This.Erza couldn't defeat Ajeel So How Can She Defeat Dimaria.
Well for this vs, Erza gets help too (Ultears projection). TO Sherria still needed Ultear.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Third Origin does improve other capabilities and not just MP. I say this because Sherria actually got bigger. I presume TO just changes Sherria to the point in time where she in in her prime. So speed, strength, durability etc will be improved (the swatting of DiMaria's laser proves this).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well for this vs, Erza gets help too (Ultears projection). TO Sherria still needed Ultear.
Then Erza Wins This.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Erza high diff. Dimaria without time hax is strong but not overwhelmingly so because with time hax she is broken.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Lmao you just can't back up your claims.

No doubt, because Dimaria has SO many feats against top tier opponents.
Tell me, is Erza a top tier on your opinion? Do you think Erza is as strong as Acnologia and Zeref? We're talking about Erza vs Di Maria. And yes, Di Maria has more impressive feats than Erza.

Really? I thought current Erza was weaker than Mira and Mystogan.

Actually, I think that Mira is quite stronger than Erza. I called them equal because they don't differ a lot. I think it's pretty funny you searched all the way down to find my ranking.

Really? Isn't Satan > some random lame god? xP
Lol. You call Di Maria's Take Over a 'random lame god' but you don't say that Mirajane is a 'random lame demon'? You're just overpowering every Fairy Tail member. We both know Mira took over a real demon and Di Maria took over a real god. Don't forget she is a Spriggan.

Erza is slightly stronger than Chelia... just by about three tiers. TO Chelia, who only has feats against Dimaria, is unbeatable. So what you're saying is that Lucy and Juvia (SO) > Laxus, Mira and Gajeel (First Origin).
Uhm, when did I refer to Lucy and Juvia?

And it's almost a fact Dimaria (without age seal) > Ajeel because?
Because she would pierce him with her beams or defeat him directly with Age Scratch. What can Ajeel's Sand Magic do against a God?

Everything... except attack power, CQC, speed, and intelligence. And Dimaria's beams, which failed to incapacitate Wendy and kill Charle >>> Jupiter...
Di Maria has a better attack power because she can attack someone while the opponent can't see the attack.

Di Maria is faster because.. well, she is faster than time?

Di Maria's beams would've killed Charle if Ultear didn't stop her time.

The beams pierced Wendy?

Like how nobody could beat GOD Serena. Or that Ikusa...something. Oh wait...
God Serena is just a title, please tell me you did know that..

Yakuma Eighteen God War Magic are just spells. Di Maria took over a real God.

At this point, I really shouldn't be surprised by your posts.
I'm not surprised by your claims either.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria is seriously being overrated her. Ultear is here first off so DImaria ability to stop Erza time is Nullified so that is a non factor in this battle.

Dimaria nuke was tanked by Chelia and Wendy, so Erza who has already easily tanked stronger nukes such as Minerva nukes will easily tank Dimiaria 1 powerful nuke. Also Erza's reaction speed is too high to be hit by that Laser attack, especially when she can counter an attack even Makarov couldn't see. SHe doesn't need an armor to Dodge or tank Dimaria nukes. In CQC Erza has better feats then Dimira. Nakagami would one shot DImira easily. Thus this is a low difficulty battle for Erza.

Unless people have otherwise with legit feats I don't see Dimira without a ability to stop time giving Erza trouble whatsoever. Saying it took TO CHelia to defeat Dimira doesn't mean anything as there is no proof TO Chelia was stronger let alone as Strong as Erza Post or Pre SO. Their is a huge power difference between Chelia/Wendy and Erza.