1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. It's that time of the year again! The seventh annual MangaHelpers Community Awards are here. Click HERE to join in the fun and nominate your choices!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. The nomination round has ended and the first round of voting begins now. Click HERE to begin voting!
  5. The fourth voting round is here! Vote for your favorite Manga now!
  6. Congratulations Kappa123 for winning the Pets Coloring contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Grab your camera! The theme is Friends Photography.

Voting has begun for the Survival Poem contest!.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Escanor

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by julymarte, Aug 22, 2015.

1. LivewireToriko

LivewireToriko Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Algeria
    He said 28k was way off his normal day time power levels.

Not peak.

There's been no indication that any sin other than maybe Merlin has ever even seen noon Escanor.

It's been shown time and time again they don't know that much about eachother.

2. Gaggen

Gaggen Banned

Malaysia
    He has "no normal daytime" power level.... it incrases sometimes steadily and sometimes rapidly..... well i guess gowther must have seen his peak if merlin had seen it. besides gowther is good in analyzing powers and abilities and he always does what he likes. Or maybe he could have even see it through merlin's mind.....

3. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    Just got around to catching up with this manga and it needs to be said...
    Escanor , while he's mowing down the TC's, is rendering what are supposed to be frighteningly powerful villains to fodder. I mean, who doesn't love Escanor right? But he needs to chill out a bit before even the MC doesn't have anyone left to fight

Gaggen likes this.
  4. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    He does. And it increases until he reaches his peak. His PL can change if it's raining or cloudy, but his evolution is always the same. Unless there are irregularity like at Vaizel.

As for Gowther, I am sure he has seen Escanor's peak and he has a Balor Eye loaded in him. They used an amplified Blackout Arrow to stop him at Edinburgh so the possibility that they saw his peak then knocked him out is there.

5. Gaggen

Gaggen Banned

Malaysia
    Pls be kind enough to tell me what is his "normal power level" to prove your statement and the magnitude of it....

6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    We don't know, but he does, probably around 50K. As long as it's not cloudy or rainy, his PL rises always the same until he reaches his peak. The growth rate doesn't change, Escanor at 10:00 AM for example will always have the same PL the next day at the same hour(again, if it's not cloudy or rainy) and at his peak his PL will be the same. He is not the one who decides, all depends on the position of the sun.

7. Gaggen

Gaggen Banned

Malaysia
    Thats is why i said he has no normal power level.... besides, blowing up an entire castle and making 2 legendary demon warriors shit in their pants is something extraordinary to do.... only people with extraordinary power level or abilities can do that..... and yeah was it you who transferred my opinions from the main discussion to another thread????

8. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    Hell, if the sun was out, well it's sort of hard to tell in manga sometimes but i can easily imagine Escanor going up to levels of 100k or greater...

9. Gaggen

Gaggen Banned

Malaysia
    True.... thats is why i wanted nakaba to reveal his range of power level at least up to 11:30 am.... by the way he interests me to the most currently in the manga...

WithYouInSpirit likes this.
  10. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    You said normal daytime PL though. His daytime PL and its growth is always the same unless the sun is hidden.

Yes I am the one who moved your posts here, because they were off topic.

11. Gaggen

Gaggen Banned

Malaysia
    Well i wanna thank you for it cause it really sucks to search the specific thread for a character to comment on.... not necessary, as u can see in vampire of edinburgh there were no sun at all. I guess his power depends on 2 factor. The first one is time. As u can see edinburgh castle was covered in darkness even though it was dawn, escanor power still increased... the second factor should be the position of sun... well its confirmed that escanor cant really use 100% power when the sun is hidden in the cloud....

12. smitty

smitty Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    canor was 50000 when he was fighting galand and at that time he was close to noon ,and his power level rises 5 ever second so that means he grows 300 every min. So then he grows 18000 in one hour , so if it was close to noon that would be like an hour away so at noon escanor is at 68000 there yall go if yall wanted to know how strong escanor is and if you dont believe me i will give you the source

13. john ellis

john ellis Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Australia
    smitty thats not how escanors power works it works like that but it also spikes. He spiked vs estarossa

14. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Crackpot theory, escanor has made the point that rhitta was named after a maiden loved by the sun. Is it possible that escanor named the ax after someone he loved?

15. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    Merlin seems to be his first love. I think Rhitta is a legendary figure and probably a Goddess who was protecting their kingdom. And it could be Rosa's true identity.

16. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Well when Escanor said that I always thought she be a top dog among goddess. Now we know about the 4 Great Angels I expect her to be among them. Rosa an interesting character really hope she shows up again in present time like Matrona did.

17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    I thought about it after talking about Escanor VS Estarossa today. Haven't Escanor's injuries healed? He got at least a deep cut when Estarossa reflected his first attack and took more damages after that. Prideful Escanor can obviously support that pain, but how can do that during the afternoon? He seemed perfectly fine when he came back.

I am sure his armor is one of Merlin's magic items.

18. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Didn't Merlin also describe Sunshin as the power of origin of all life? It might have mild regenerative abilities as well. Or Escanor can simply cauterize some of his wounds from inside out with his heat.

SHIKARI22, Rescorlian and Demonspeed like this.
  19. oxtopus

oxtopus Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Nigeria
    I wonder if the goddess arc would be something like civil-war with everyone taking sides,I assume the conflict would be between meliodas and the goddesses. If Rosa turned out to be a goddess,I wonder if escy would side with them.

20. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    I can't be the only one who thinks Sunshine looks strikingly similar to Ark attacks, right?

Aloy and WithYouInSpirit like this.