Discussion - Escanor | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

Shutensatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well that kinda defeats the nighttime purpose imo. And idk why people want Escanor to lose so badly.

Lets be honest, Meliodas is the second strongest character in the manga after Escanor. However he always has 100% of his power so if anything he's the one that needs a new opponent. Escanor is only strong for a few hours in the day and according to Merlin if he exerts himself he damages himself and that strain only keeps building up overtime because he doesn't exert himself. Meliodas is a lot more boring to watch fight because he's never gonna lose at this point hes 80K at the very least. Escanor at least can lose before noon time. Also Escanor cannot revert back to his night time self. That only happens if it's a pseudo transformation. The dude's not a battery, that was a mangastream mistranslation. Also, him losing isn't really good character development, that'd just make him less arrogant and boring. There's other stuff in his story that's a lot better to expand upon than his powers
No let me explain this to you.

Meliodas is the strongest being in the manga.

He is still reverting. That was not the Meliodas that led the 10 commandments. And the power he used was not his power after having pushed himself to his limits, and sacrificing all of his emotions to break free of the cocoon and become demon king level.

He still has the almighty Indura form, which has no drawbacks obviously, and would stack with his almighty Assault form, and I believe he can control it and it would make him stronger than one Escanor.

He is also more than capable of lifting the curse on himself and Elizabeth because he’s the strongest character in the manga. O.K? He just hasn’t revealed that he has the ability to manipulate life and death yet. O.K? He can dispel it anytime he wants, because again he’s the strongest character in the manga. The Demon King picked him because they have the same capability to use the same magic o.k? He’s just been waiting for 3000 years, because he’s scared of using it. He can unlock it, and use it. Are you following my explanation?

He is clearly stronger than the three of them. Things like him admitting inferiority to the three of them, Escanor officially being given the title of strongest, or having lost to all three don’t matter, when I’ve clearly given you more than ample evidence to show that Meliodas is the strong.........

What’s with that face?

Don’t make that face!!!!!!!

You know it’s true!!!!!! My talking points are infallible and completely logical. I am not salty, nor a fanboy. I’m just explaining to you why Meliodas is really the strongest character.

Naw, but on a serious note I agree.

Like I said before I do think GQ and DK should be stronger due to the versatility, but since Nakaba has declared him the strongest at Noon, I accept it, unless something clearly changes.

I don’t know why it’s so hard for others.

Disagree about where his character can go though. His whole character revolves around his powers, and his feelings for Merlin. Taking an L is not required for development on either of those fronts though.

Last edited:

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

He is still reverting. That was not the Meliodas that led the 10 commandments. And the power he used was not his power after having pushed himself to his limits, and sacrificing all of his emotions to break free of the cocoon and become demon king level.

He still has the almighty Indura form, which has no drawbacks obviously, and would stack with his almighty Assault form, and I believe he can control it and it would make him stronger than one Escanor.

He is also more than capable of lifting the curse on himself and Elizabeth because he’s the strongest character in the manga. O.K? He just hasn’t revealed that he has the ability to manipulate life and death yet. O.K? He can dispel it anytime he wants, because again he’s the strongest character in the manga. The Demon King picked him because they have the same capability to use the same magic o.k? He’s just been waiting for 3000 years, because he’s scared of using it. He can unlock it, and use it. Are you following my explanation?

He is clearly stronger than the three of them. Things like him admitting inferiority to the three of them, Escanor officially being given the title of strongest, or having lost to all three don’t matter, when I’ve clearly given you more than ample evidence to show that Meliodas is the strong.........

What’s with that face?

You know it’s true!!!!!! My talking points are infallible and completely logical. I am not salty, nor a fanboy. I’m just explaining to you why Meliodas is really the strongest character.

Like I said before I do think GQ and DK should be stronger due to the versatility, but since Nakaba has declared him the strongest at Noon, I accept it, unless something clearly changes.

Well I cannot argue with any of your meliodas logic. I admit defeat

Skibbie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

What’s with that face?

Disagree about where his character can go though. His whole character revolves around his powers, and his feelings for Merlin. Taking an L is not required for development on either of those fronts though.
Escanor's given the title of the strongest by the author. then you're still saying Meliodas is strongest.

author's opinion has more value than the opinion of a fanboy.

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor's given the title of the strongest by the author. then you're still saying Meliodas is strongest.

author's opinion has more value than the opinion of a fanboy.
He's not a mel fanboy. He's making fun of them

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@titantron91 to quote "It’s been brought up by some characters and people before how Escanor’s night and day forms may be different consciousnesses, but I don’t agree with that. Hear me out here, because even though both of them have different temperaments, they both seem to recall the same things, feel the same emotions in different wavelengths and want similar things.

Example 1: their shared love for Merlin

Day!Escanor

Night!Escanor

Both clearly show, even from just these few bits, an intense adoration for Merlin and a desire for her to let them know how the fruits of their labor resonates with her. Be he prideful and going on about his strength or succumbing to the negativities of his power, he always strides to Merlin.

Example 2: Gowther

Day!Escanor

Night!Escanor

Both of these instances show Escanor has some sort of camaraderie with Gowther. Even in his day form, where he’s been known to decimate his enemies without a bit of remorse for his actions, he shows reluctance in the idea of fighting him, as he only takes his glasses so he can’t inhibit him from carrying out what he’s decided is his duty: taking down those who have stringed everyone along into a festival where murder is the main option. He’d only know this through Night!Escanor’s experiences.

Conclusion: Based on these two instances, although there is more I could post, Day!Escanor and Night!Escanor share the same consciousness and both are two extremes of the same coin due to Escanor’s experiences growing up and how he was shunned for his body’s attributes.

Conclusion 2.0: Escanor is amazing

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Praise the sun.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I am curious about something do you think that if escanor trains his physical body that he could actually be way stronger?

Like sure he gets weak as kid in night but what if he trains if he trains won't his night mode get stronger?

Ibafarshan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Actually, i've never thught of day Escanr and his night self as two different people, I mean, it' like two side of the same coin or something like that, plus what yu pointed out in your cool post.
Conclusion 2.0: Escanor is amazing
Very nice conclusion, I would like to add 'awesome' :D
Praise the sun.
Praise the sun! :hip
I am curious about something do you think that if escanor trains his physical body that he could actually be way stronger?

Like sure he gets weak as kid in night but what if he trains if he trains won't his night mode get stronger?
That's an interesting question. Maybe if he trains in night form, his now 'weak' form would get an upgrade.[/user]

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Sunshine increases Escanor's power level, so if he were to train his body and increase his base power level (the one he has at night) he'd probably get even stronger during daytime and also be able to use the strongest forms (including the One) with less drawbacks.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I watched the recent episodes of the anime and I noticed something that they added which was not in the manga. During the Escanor flashback, when he met Merlin, he thought about Rosa. Some among us theorized that their resemblance was the origin of his love for Merlin. I don't know if Nakaba approved of this or was involved but it's interesting.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So we know how meliodas even seeing escanor did not faze him or even when he sliced meliodas I'm half it was invisible to his eyes. People don't understand what it means to let your guard down in q certain scenario. Yeah cool meliodas got sliced in half but this POINT INDICATES that meliodas was planning something up ahead and was injured before he got to do so. This clearly does not MEAN "Escanor is leagues above him in many ways. You can clearly see his face expression towards escanor like he was not even shocked compared to when maelstarossa fought Escanor.

Charon913155

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So we know how meliodas even seeing escanor did not faze him or even when he sliced meliodas I'm half it was invisible to his eyes. People don't understand what it means to let your guard down in q certain scenario. Yeah cool meliodas got sliced in half but this POINT INDICATES that meliodas was planning something up ahead and was injured before he got to do so. This clearly does not MEAN "Escanor is leagues above him in many ways. You can clearly see his face expression towards escanor like he was not even shocked compared to when maelstarossa fought Escanor.
Escanor attacked Mel twice, dealed 78 % damage and knocked him out cold.
Meanwhile Escanor suffers 98 % damage from Mel attacking him 1008 times and sunshine itself.
So yeah, the One is stronger.

Last edited:

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Escanor attacked Mel twice, dealed 78 % damage and knocked him out cold.
Meanwhile Escanor suffers 98 % damage from Mel attacking him 1008 times and sunshine itself.
So yeah, the One is stronger.
What does that have to do with anything?? Did u even read what my premise was?

Charon913155

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What does that have to do with anything?? Did u even read what my premise was?
First you make the observation, that Mel wasn't fazed by the One.
Then you postulate that Mel let his guard down when attacking Escanor and that Mel, who could keep up with everything Escanor did up til now and who could deal a 1000 attacks in a second, somehow couldn't see Escanors attack coming.
From that you somehow come to the conclusion that Mel is as strong or stronger than the One and could have somehow won the fight.

Meanwhile we just observe, that Mel couldn't damage the One with his attacks and that the One took him down in one strike. Later we also found out that Escanor did more damage per attack than Mel did.
All of which points clearly to the One being stronger than Mel.

Last edited:

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Then you postulate that Mel let his guard down, when attacking Escanor and that Mel, who could keep up with everything Escanor did up til now and who could deal a 1000 attacks in a second, somehow couldn't see Escanors attack coming.
From that you somehow come to the conclusion that Mel is as strong or stronger than the One and could have somehow won the fight.

Meanwhile we just observe, that Mel couldn't damage the One with one of his attacks and that the One took him down in one attack. Later we also found out that Escanor did more damage per attack than Mel did.
Yeah the first paragraphs did not really summed my premise at all so let me rephrase it for you. The One despite being the form he wasnt fazed with. When meliodas used his 1000 God shred despite only it itched escanor he was not fazed by it nor was not expecting it. He clearly had the same face the entire time as if he was not shocked or startled at the slightest.

Ok? He cut him in half that's cool that's not even what I'm pointing out lol. Yeah meliodas did get caught off guard by an attack that is not visible to his eyes.

The last paragraph was already addressed by my points so it's clearly useless to bring it up. Yeah escanor needed a technique to ACTUALLY damage him when meliodas never did anything but toyed around with escanor.

So him cutting meliodas nor what was been shown was never my point to begin with.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Then you postulate that Mel let his guard down, when attacking Escanor and that Mel, who could keep up with everything Escanor did up til now and who could deal a 1000 attacks in a second, somehow couldn't see Escanors attack coming.

Meanwhile we just observe, that Mel couldn't damage the One with his attacks and that the One took him down in one strike. Later we also found out that Escanor did more damage per attack than Mel did.
Was it not clear that Mel was exceedingly careless in that conclusion? While I don’t appreciate the tact Ger seems to have, he does have some points. That Mel wasn’t fazed and dropped his guard is observable. The one being powerful enough to take down mel there was abundantly clear but so was Mel’s carelessness. 1000 slices is used a lot as support arguments in favor of escape but not many like to attribute much meaning to the fact that Mel’s failed attack on escanor caused Mel to smile rather than show any hint of concern.

Reactions: Ger

Charon913155

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Was it not clear that Mel was exceedingly careless in that conclusion? While I don’t appreciate the tact Ger seems to have, he does have some points. That Mel wasn’t fazed and dropped his guard is observable. The one being powerful enough to take down mel there was abundantly clear but so was Mel’s carelessness. 1000 slices is used a lot as support arguments in favor of escape but not many like to attribute much meaning to the fact that Mel’s failed attack on escanor caused Mel to smile rather than show any hint of concern.
Mel underestimated the One that much is clear.
But Mel dropping his guard isn't observable, it is never stated nor shown. Especially not when the One attackt him, considering Mel was completely engulfed in darkness at the time.
Escanors attack simply overpowering Mel is an equally, if not more reasonable explanation for Mel's defeat.

Now as to Mel not being fazed. Yes, it is clearly observable, Mel smiling after the 1000 slice attack as well, but it's a great leap in logic conclude Mel being superior to the One from that. This is more likely a display of Mel's arrogance, which considering Mel has been arrogant thoughtout the fight is in keeping with his character.

Last edited:

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
But Mel dropping his guard isn't observable, it is never stated nor shown. Especially not when the One attackt him, considering Mel was completely engulfed in darkness at the time.
Escanors attack simply overpowering Mel is an equally, if not more reasonable explanation for Mel's defeat.

Now as to Mel not being fazed. Yes, it is clearly observable, Mel smiling after the 1000 slice attack as well, but it's a great leap in logic conclude Mel being superior to the One from that. This is more likely a display of Mel's arrogance, which considering Mel has been arrogant thoghtout the fight is in keeping with his character.
How was HE arrogant?? The fact that meliodas knew how strong Escanor was and praised him actually benefits the argument that meliodas WAS NEVER ARROGANT. Do u seriously think meliodas cannot read power of an individual? Even when escanor turned into The One he basically said "so you still have more in you" showing no concern at all.

AND FUCKING YES it is observable in this panel. Likw i said earlier meliodas could not see his attack due to it was shown just escanor out of thin air slicing his hand was directed at meliodas. The fact meliodas face expression after he got hit tells the story.
Like i said how can u see an attack that is not visible and how can u guard it? If it was visible he woildve easily full countered that but it was invisible. He even called escanor a bastard for doing that to him. It's not like he was implying in that line that he was dying of something.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States

Now as to Mel not being fazed. Yes, it is clearly observable, Mel smiling after the 1000 slice attack as well, but it's a great leap in logic conclude Mel being superior to the One from that. This is more likely a display of Mel's arrogance, which considering Mel has been arrogant thoghtout the fight is in keeping with his character.
To “drop your guard” is massively influenced by mindset. You stated underestimation and arrogance. Both of which are highly ranked on the list of instigators of such carelessness. So if you see arrogance and an underestimation of the opponents abilities than it is observable that some level of “guardedness” was dropped. I have stated before that we have seen Mel produce much more darkness. If it is a question of density, what is observable is that against escanor, it clearly wasn’t dense enough. Yup escanor, in that moment, by a large degree, landed a powerful hit.

It is indeed a leap to state that Mel is more powerful than the one given just that example that much is true. It is not, however, a leap to speculate the validity of that statement given narrative implication and possibilities aside from the fight no?

Reactions: Ger

Magiie

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Escanor owned AM mel.. why are you trying to deny it? We have seen a lot of demons being cut in half: galand, chandler, cusack.. but we have only seen one falling on the ground and unconscious: AM mel (and he even wasn't completly cut in half)... that mel's attack didn't really hurt escanor which means A LOT, galand was able to scratch escanor's arm but didn't do a major damage. So what makes you think that a meliodas that CAN'T hurt escanor could possibly win. Never.