Discussion - Escanor | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

Ger

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Escanor owned AM mel.. why are you trying to deny it? We have seen a lot of demons being cut in half: galand, chandler, cusack.. but we have only seen one falling on the ground and unconscious: AM mel (and he even wasn't completly cut in half)... that mel's attack didn't really hurt escanor which means A LOT, galand was able to scratch escanor's arm but didn't do a major damage. So what makes you think that a meliodas that CAN'T hurt escanor could possibly win. Never.
Since u didnt get the premise that i made I'm just gonna ignore all of this since you dont even know the conversation in the first place.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor owned AM mel.. why are you trying to deny it? We have seen a lot of demons being cut in half: galand, chandler, cusack.. but we have only seen one falling on the ground and unconscious: AM mel (and he even wasn't completly cut in half)... that mel's attack didn't really hurt escanor which means A LOT, galand was able to scratch escanor's arm but didn't do a major damage. So what makes you think that a meliodas that CAN'T hurt escanor could possibly win. Never.
The fact that deri and mon massively increased their power. Or the fact that Mel had powers unused. Or just about any speculation that can be drawn apart from what you see is the limit of perception. Your last sentence is a contradiction by the way. Escanor couldn’t damage Mel yet he won.

Magiie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Since u didnt get the premise that i made I'm just gonna ignore all of this since you dont even know the conversation in the first place.
Your point is that AM mel could be equal to The one, that's what your are trying to say.. you say it all happened because mel made a mistake.. the truth is he is not stronger than the one, we already saw it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The fact that deri and mon massively increased their power. Or the fact that Mel had powers unused. Or just about any speculation that can be drawn apart from what you see is the limit of perception. Your last sentence is a contradiction by the way. Escanor couldn’t damage Mel yet he won.
Boy, im talking about the one and mel fight... don't say mel still have to power up because that's not an excuse.
Mel won against escanor, but not The one, you can see their power is not even.
Of course mel can beat escanor almost any time of the day, that means a +90% probability of winning but im talking about The one.

Charon913155

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
How was HE arrogant?? The fact that meliodas knew how strong Escanor was and praised him actually benefits the argument that meliodas WAS NEVER ARROGANT. Do u seriously think meliodas cannot read power of an individual? Even when escanor turned into The One he basically said "so you still have more in you" showing no concern at all.

AND FUCKING YES it is observable in this panel. Likw i said earlier meliodas could not see his attack due to it was shown just escanor out of thin air slicing his hand was directed at meliodas. The fact meliodas face expression after he got hit tells the story.
Like i said how can u see an attack that is not visible and how can u guard it? If it was visible he woildve easily full countered that but it was invisible. He even called escanor a bastard for doing that to him. It's not like he was implying in that line that he was dying of something.

Mel is clearly arrogant. He never takes Escanor seriously throughout their fight, always smirking and belittling him.

It was never stated that Mel could read power levels. He doesn't even acknowledge Escanors strengh at the beginning of the fight, only after Escanor managed to make Mel bleed. This doesn't suggest that Mel always knew how strong Escanor was exactly. Mel only knew that he was powerful but still weaker than him. So when Escanor became the One Mel wasn't concerned since Escanor had powered up the entire time and Mel always beat him with ease.

I think I see were our disagreement comes from. You seem to suggest that not parrying an attack is the same as being defenseless to it. But there are means of defence such as armor or durability.
We know that Mel is incredibly durable, for example he took a hit from an almost fully powered Escanor and just spit up some blood.
He is also clearly shown with darkness engulfing him, which as we know serves as a weapon, armor and healing effect for the demons.
So, while Mel did not parry Escanors blow, that doesn't mean he was absolutly defenseless to it.
The fact that Escanor managed to completely overpower Mel's darkness and knocked him out cold despite Mel's high durability is proof of the One's far superior power.

By the way Escanor clearly moved his hand so the attack wasn't completely invisible.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Boy, im talking about the one and mel fight... don't say mel still have to power up because that's not an excuse.
Mel won against escanor, but not The one, you can see their power is not even.
Of course mel can beat escanor almost any time of the day, that means a +90% probability of winning but im talking about The one.
I’m sorry but do you actually believe that it is impossible for a character whose entire power and character has been built on secrecy is not allowed to be looked upon as one capable of having something up his sleeve? Their power wasn’t even that is true. But is it impossible for Mel to actually been able to go beyond that given the very portrayal of his character? The one is the final power up that is the nature of sunshine. Is their nothing Mel can use beyond AM or stack with it or powers he has he did not use or anything at all that could “bring the fight”?

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mel is clearly arrogant. He never takes Escanor seriously throughout their fight, always smirking and belittling him.

It was never stated that Mel could read power levels. He doesn't even acknowledge Escanors strengh at the beginning of the fight, only after Escanor managed to make Mel bleed. This doesn't suggest that Mel always knew how strong Escanor was exactly. Mel only knew that he was powerful but still weaker than him. So when Escanor became the One Mel wasn't concerned since Escanor had powered up the entire time and Mel always beat him with ease.

I think I see were our disagreement comes from. You seem to suggest that not parrying an attack is the same as being defenseless to it. But there are means of defence such as armor or durability.
We know that Mel is incredibly durable, for example he took a hit from an almost fully powered Escanor and just spit up some blood.
He is also clearly shown with darkness engulfing him, which as we know serves as a weapon, armor and healing effect for the demons.
So, while Mel did not parry Escanors blow, that doesn't mean he was absolutly defenseless to it.
The fact that Escanor managed to completely overpower Mel's darkness and knocked him out cold despite Mel's high durability is proof of the One's far superior power.

By the way Escanor clearly moved his hand so the attack wasn't completely invisible.
Ok yeah that's where you're wrong when meliodas not reading powers in general. When Mon and Der went indura he stated the clearly info about the form they're taking. Estarossa (mael) does not NEED to read power levels but he knew escanor was rising his powers every time. But was it ever stated that he can read PLs? In fact when Arthur used the holy sword he knew he changed at that moment. Why would meliodas praise escanor in the mid fight? also escanor after he went 114k got stronger before he reached high noon so why would he praise him in such manner in the beginning? What. Meliodas literally told escanor that he was still hiding something from him. The fact that shows he knows it's a different form and power completely debunks that notion.

What does the darkness have to do enhancing your abilities?? We dont know what expanding your darkness can do, it was never stated anything lol. Um that's not the point is it?? So despite having his darkness and attack as you said being repelled by escanor why would he not be concerned at all that his attacks arent working? TThat last couple sentences are inconsistent within the fight itself.

Also if it visible why did we not see something coming out of his hand. The fact escanor used his hand as a catalyst sword to direct the attack shows there visibility. And no his hand was not the "attack" his hand did not even touch meliodas but a thin air did.

Magiie

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I’m sorry but do you actually believe that it is impossible for a character whose entire power and character has been built on secrecy is not allowed to be looked upon as one capable of having something up his sleeve? Their power wasn’t even that is true. But is it impossible for Mel to actually been able to go beyond that given the very portrayal of his character? The one is the final power up that is the nature of sunshine. Is their nothing Mel can use beyond AM or stack with it or powers he has he did not use or anything at all that could “bring the fight”?
Yes he can use something else, and he can get a power up but he is doing it now not back then.
I hardly believe current meliodas can beat the one, but im talking about that mel. The one who was defeated, escanor was able to win not because he was lucky but because he was stronger.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes he can use something else, and he can get a power up but he is doing it now not back then.
I hardly believe current meliodas can beat the one, but im talking about that mel. The one who was defeated, escanor was able to win not because he was lucky but because he was stronger.
I am well aware of who you are talking about and what point in time you speak of. Indura, drawing out more darkness, his own magic power. Those are powers I speak of not his daddy’s power. What makes you think I’m speaking of a Mel after he absorbs 5Cs? When have I ever indicated that?

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The whole entire point and premise was escanor isnt as strong and as high as escanor stans expect him to be. I'm literally arguing how meliodas despite seeing the form was not intimidate by it nor had any concerns on his attacks being repelled. Meliodas knows how or when to acknowledge someone that is higher than him with that much gap like escanor stans would assume. Also getting back to the idea of meliodas being caught off guard yea ot is visually possibly through his unexpected view on escanor you can see how escanors attack did not use any visible projectile at him he swiped down and not able to physically contact meliodas.
I am well aware of who you are talking about and what point in time you speak of. Indura, drawing out more darkness, his own magic power. Those are powers I speak of not his daddy’s power. What makes you think I’m speaking of a Mel after he absorbs 5Cs? When have I ever indicated that?
Also when meliodas fought mael his darkness IS FAR larger than when he fought escanor

Zeldris-sama

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I feel there will be something very bad going to happen to Escanor ...

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't get what's the point of this discussion. Could someone please enlighten me?

Magiie

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
You didn't indicate that, i did, i never said it was you.. okay, mel didn't even have the time to use all that but if you still believe what you say, your business. Have a nice day :pleased
I don't get what's the point of this discussion. Could someone please enlighten me?
Basically who could win.. the one or AM mel, withuout feeling cofindent and both knowing they are a threat to each other.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Let's be real guys. The One tanked one of Mel's strongest attacks until date with zero damage, not even a scratch. Then, he proceeded to oneshot him with an attack that it didn't even seem to make contact. I am a huge Mel fan, he's probably my favourite character, but to suggest that he would stand a chance or even beat The One just because he made a smug face against him and he got a little bit stronger after their fight is a massive leap in logic.

Now, if we're talking about his Indura form, Innate Magic or him with the commandments absorbed that would be a totally different story, but that isn't the case. We're talking about him in AM: no commandments, no Indura and for the moment no innate magic since we don't know anything about it and is pure speculation at best.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
You didn't indicate that, i did, i never said it was you.. okay, mel didn't even have the time to use all that but if you still believe what you say, your business. Have a nice day :pleased

Basically who could win.. the one or AM mel, withuout feeling cofindent and both knowing they are a threat to each other.
You kinda make it sound like I’m delusional for thinking a character can actually be stronger than he showed in one fight, but so be it.
Let's be real guys. The One tanked one of Mel's strongest attacks until date with zero damage, not even a scratch. Then, he proceeded to oneshot him with an attack that it didn't even seem to make contact. I am a huge Mel fan, he's probably my favourite character, but to suggest that he would stand a chance or even beat The One just because he made a smug face against him and he got a little bit stronger after their fight is a massive leap in logic.

Now, if we're talking about his Indura form, Innate Magic or him with the commandments absorbed that would be a totally different story, but that isn't the case. We're talking about him in AM: no commandments, no Indura and for the moment no innate magic since we don't know anything about it and is pure speculation at best.
“Strongest attack” really? It was a powerful attack, but labeling his strongest is odd no? Speaking of Mel and escanor as characters not as one of the subjects of the vs discussion thread. Sometimes it seems as if the one and AM are taken to be entire characters of there own even though they are merely powers of the character. That being said, “the one” is a state escanor gains against his will for the most part, due to his power. It is the height of his naturally increasing power. AM is simply an application of Mel’s darkness. My point: it is possible that Mel has/had enough power to at the least rival “the one” had he gone beyond just AM like he quite possibly could. That’s it. Speculation is what I do.

Now that I have stated this and reading the reply to you, I believe Maggie may have taken my statements in that light of strictly “AM” and “the one” as characters of their own against each other.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
You kinda make it sound like I’m delusional for thinking a character can actually be stronger than he showed in one fight, but so be it.

“Strongest attack” really? It was a powerful attack, but labeling his strongest is odd no? Speaking of Mel and escanor as characters not as one of the subjects of the vs discussion thread. Sometimes it seems as if the one and AM are taken to be entire characters of there own even though they are merely powers of the character. That being said, “the one” is a state escanor gains against his will for the most part, due to his power. It is the height of his naturally increasing power. AM is simply an application of Mel’s darkness. My point: it is possible that Mel has/had enough power to at the least rival “the one” had he gone beyond just AM like he quite possibly could. That’s it. Speculation is what I do.

Now that I have stated this and reading the reply to you, I believe Maggie may have taken my statements in that light of strictly “AM” and “the one” as characters of their own against each other.
Well, I didn't said that was his strongest attack, but rather one of the strongest he has shown in the series. That is undeniable IMO. What do you mean by going beyond AM? Indura? Innate magic? As I said in my comment before, if we factor those things him rivalling The One is perfectly possible, I'm not denying it. However, the version I'm taking about here is exclusively AM, and some people here seem to think that AM Mel could beat The One only because he got a little bit stronger after his fight with him. That is, in my opinion, a huge jump. What do you think?

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I didn't said that was his strongest attack, but rather one of the strongest he has shown in the series. That is undeniable IMO. What do you mean by going beyond AM? Indura? Innate magic? As I said in my comment before, if we factor those things him rivalling The One is perfectly possible, I'm not denying it. However, the version I'm taking about here is exclusively AM, and some people here seem to think that AM Mel could beat The One only because he got a little bit stronger after his fight with him. That is, in my opinion, a huge jump. What do you think?
It was strong because it was the strongest Mel we have seen so far. So when you say “one of Mel’s strongest attacks to date” it seems off. A very powerful attack considering his level of power seems more accurately representative but I maybe just picky now.

AM is an application of darkness. If he applied more darkness is it still AM or does he get an uprgraded title? So no he probably couldn’t and yes he probably could. Too vague?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
AM is an application of darkness. If he applied more darkness is it still AM or does he get an uprgraded title? So no he probably couldn’t and yes he probably could. Too vague?
I don't know if I'm answering your question or not because your post confused me a little, but AM is Mel's strongest mode. It is the highest level of darkness he has access to. So unless he sacrifices 6 of his 7 hearts and goes Indura or absorbs the commandments, I'd say that he can't get any higher levels of darkness.

Last edited:

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm answering your question or not because your post confused me a little, but AM is Mel's strongest mode. It is the highest level of darkness he has access to. So unless he sacrifices 6 of his 7 hearts and goes Indura or absorbs the commandments, I'd say that he can't get higher levels of darkness.
That is an assumption in no way confirmed. We say the one is escanors strongest mode because it is the very nature of his power. AM is a controlled berserk mode, to put it into perspective. The difference between passive and active. And that is a basis for my argument. Not to mention that the circumstances of his indura maybe a bit different than mon and deri.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
That is an assumption in no way confirmed. We say the one is escanors strongest mode because it is the very nature of his power. AM is a controlled berserk mode, to put it into perspective. The difference between passive and active.
So, what are you trying to say? Are you saying that is possible for Mel to gain more darkness and be considerably stronger in this mode than he already is? I mean, it's not an assumption to say that this mode is Mel at his strongest if you discount a hypothetical Indura or the absorption of the commandments.

Not to mention that the circumstances of his indura maybe a bit different than mon and deri.
It could be but so far the only way you can go Indura is by sacrificing 6 of your 7 hearts and a PL over 50K to endure the transformation.