Fun Thread - Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final] | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Thread Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final]

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Top Ten Game: Eurovision 2023

Interim Round 89: Top 10 Eurovision 2023

Hello Europe! And rest of the world! This year Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 edition will be played here in the Eurovision thread to avoid double trouble confusion in the main game thread. Here are some rules, in case someone new to the game stumbles in here, but also some notes our veterans, as the points go bit different here than in the main game.

Rules:
  • Send your list of Top 10 Songs from Eurovision 2023 to @Riku in PM
  • The songs will be given points according to the ranking. 1st pick 12 pts, 2nd 10 pts, 3rd 8, 4th 7pts, ... , 10th 1 pts.
    • You can use nation names in the list. For example 1. Finland (12pts) 2. Sweden (10pts), and so on. But you can also include artist or song name. Just start with the nation, makes it faster for me <3
  • Unlike in actual Eurovision, you can vote for your own country. I'm not going have anyone sending me photocopies of their passports.
  • In the end, all the participants points are tallied, and will be revealed starting from lowest to highest rank.
  • Deadline monday 8.5.2023 3PM UTC
Official Full Playlist of 2023 Songs:

Too busy? You can also just check the 20-minute roundup on top of the playlist and proceed with your picks/chosen listens from there.

[

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Isn't that because of the Russian war support controversy with her Z tables though? I would definitely check the comment section on that vid. Way too polarizing to win I think.
This is the first I hear of this, you made me worried for a second that I was rooting for a terrible person. Had to Google to be sure. But yeah, that probably drives the views a up a fair bit.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
This is the first I hear of this, you made me worried for a second that I was rooting for a terrible person. Had to Google to be sure. But yeah, that probably drives the views a up a fair bit.
In my media bubble it's quite a huge topic. I don't really know what her political view is but Serbia is traditionally very close allied, so I would not be that surprised. But I cannot imagine that those tables are a random stylistic choice for an artist like that. I am just wondering if this is really for the international or rather domestic audience. If it's for controversy sake, it's pretty tasteless. I kind of cannot enjoy the whole act, because it's hard for me to separate that. Sorry if I have ruined it for you too. :sweat

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
In my media bubble it's quite a huge topic. I don't really know what her political view is but Serbia is traditionally very close allied, so I would not be that surprised. But I cannot imagine that those tables are a random stylistic choice for an artist like that. I am just wondering if this is really for the international or rather domestic audience. If it's for controversy sake, it's pretty tasteless. I kind of cannot enjoy the whole act, because it's hard for me to separate that. Sorry if I have ruined it for you too. :sweat
The Serbian broadcaster who arranged the photo shoot apparently refuted any such symbolism and condemned the connection. And according to fans who followed her for a long time her political views are in contrast with this...

Most pieces I find on her are in Serbian so obviously can't dig very deep. But she wouldn't be the first to be "used" by internet mobs based on something she doesn't stand for. To me she sure doesn't seem like a clear supporter, more the opposite from what I can find, but maybe I'm just gullible.

I still think the entry is one of the most compelling in the recent history of ESC, that hasn't changed at all.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I've also not heard of this until know. The little research I did, for me this seems even less likely than Måneskin doing cocaine in a live broadcast.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
So you guys have any predictions? Think the bookies are right that Ukraine is winning on sympathy points, or will that not matter as much as expected?

Imma make some wild guesses (not exact order, just generally within which ballpark I think they'll finish)

#1-5
Ukraine
Spain
Italy
UK
Sweden

#6-10
Poland
Greece
Norway
Portugal
Serbia

#11-15
Australia
Netherlands
Armenia
Moldova
Czech Republic

#16-20
France
Lithuania
Azerbaijan
Estonia
Finland

#21-25
Switzerland
Romania
Iceland
Germany
Belgium

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
That sounds about right imo also.

I'm also expecting Ukraine to win, and I'm not even mad about it.

I'd maybe swap Poland and Spain and maybe Czech with either France or Finland. But mostly I think I predict very similar.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lauris vocals where better than in semi.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
My son is convinced Subwoolfer is Messi and Ronaldo for some reason.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Okay. Sure Serbia is art... But I love the banana wolves so much. The choreo is so fun.

My son is convinced Subwoolfer is Messi and Ronaldo for some reason.
This is new head canon for me.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Sofa was shaking from all the dancing and jumping here during Norway's performance.

Norway and Portugal still easily the best so far.

The French girls harmonies were kinda off, unfortunately, but still dig the song.

Czech was a decent opener too but still kinda middle of the road.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Oh no, what's happening with Italy's vocals? The falsettos are sour as heck.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Ukraine is growing on me a bit. Still don't think they're winner level but I like it more than I initially did.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
The guy in most fire tonight is the guy who subtitled all the songs into Finnish. These are hilarious.

Finnish commentator on Germany: "If Lidl sold Eminems" :lmao

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
lol, the rap is still the best part of the song, the rest is so generic

And at least he pretend to use a loop station when he does the typical "walk away from instruments that keep playing", gotta give credit for that :lmao

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Lithuania was groovy. Liked a lot.

Azerbaijan growing on me. Liked the long hair more though.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Azerbaijan growing on me. Liked the long hair more though.
Same here. The rasp sounds unnatural but otherwise great vocals and the song is growing on me.

Belgium vocals much better than semi finals.

He actually only hit a couple of quick sour notes. I've got him higher than a lot of them at the moment.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Im watching at my Spanish friends, so it's gonna be 20 SMS for Chanel from me tonight. 😅

You guys having fun?