Eyeshield 21 Art and volume covers thread

RHMkun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'd just like to know if ES21 volumes 13-14 really don't have covers... And is the group pic on ES21 vol 14 ch114 the cover? Thanks!
 

sao

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
290
Reaction score
122
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
oh thanks again dragonmaster, i'll get to updating it asap
 

Boss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
thx i like two of them but the "Anonymous" guy, gonna use them as walls lol
 

ddadain

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
636
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
I'm using the Sena-out-of-the-cloud-of-smoke-with-thunder-thingies-coming-out as my desktop wallpaper :D It's SO nice!

Ah, the art, we need more art! And we need more colored ES21 pages XD
 

ddadain

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
636
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
oh... ;D

puffed up hair!

The beauty of my college's internet connection ~ FREAKING FAST!!!
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Soo many pretty pictures!

And dragonmaster, thanks for bringing your fanarts here <3
 

sao

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
290
Reaction score
122
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
sorry for taking so long to update!! But thanks for the great art guys!
 

sao

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
290
Reaction score
122
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
ah they're awesome. A nice patching job of the volume covers :)
 

AestheticHyro

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's not all volume covers; look at the title and stars.
 

sao

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
290
Reaction score
122
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
but nice nonetheless, great job, let me get to uploading it. Been busy lately sorry :P
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Found loads of awesome E21 fanarts. Most of em Hiruma, but...blah.

Btw. I'm only linking to the pictures which are pure awesome, and not the site itself. If you guys want the site, I'll psot it here. Just let me know.

http://tankobu.s21.xrea.com/x/illust/girls.jpg
http://tankobu.s21.xrea.com/x/illust/one_h.jpg
http://tankobu.s21.xrea.com/x/illust/one_s.jpg
http://www.spy.ne.jp/~sspe/top/2/rikue/44444.jpg
http://www.spy.ne.jp/~sspe/sou/e/es10.gif
http://www.spy.ne.jp/~sspe/sou/e/es08.jpg
http://www.spy.ne.jp/~sspe/sou/e/es07.jpg
http://www.spy.ne.jp/~sspe/sou/e/es04.gif
http://www.spy.ne.jp/~sspe/sou/e/es03.jpg
http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~baboon/22.gif
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/450.png
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/111.png
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/469.png
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/485.png
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/476.png
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/474.png
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/481.png
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/hiru.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/taka.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/h-top2.gif
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/yukata2.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/gunhiru.gif
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/lh.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/hebi.gif
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/kerhir.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/hhhh.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/kid68.gif
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/mizm.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/agon.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/hyousi-mini.jpg
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/hi.gif
http://izumo.cool.ne.jp/tsukkin/sien.jpg
http://tankobu.s21.xrea.com/x/illust/jg_r.gif
http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~baboon/k.jpg
http://tankobu.s21.xrea.com/x/illust/chibihiru.jpg
http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~baboon/mz.gif
http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~baboon/mamori.jpg


A few Hiruma/Mamori stuff I found. Can't psot all of what I've found since it's too rated 17, and blah.

http://mame.ya-ha.net/hirumamo0507.jpg
http://mame.ya-ha.net/backup/comic8.htm
http://mame.ya-ha.net/backup/comic4.htm
http://mame.ya-ha.net/backup/comic01.htm

Few more from one really adorable site:
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/010.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/023.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/023b.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/023c.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/023d.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/023e.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/030.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/031.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/032.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/033.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/034.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/036.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/038.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/040.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/041.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/044.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/046.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/059.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/007.gif
http://0slowstep0.web.fc2.com/img/008.gif

FAH. So tiring. >_<

If you want the links, let me know, and I'll pm it to you. Can't go posting them here for they have...pics which aren't allowed. Don't forget that. >_<[br]Posted on: September 11, 2006, 07:59:02 AM_________________________________________________Bah. I might as well post my Hiruma sketch XD

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=art0026.JPG
 

Dragonmaster

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I find Kurita and Komusubi as perfect victims for fan art. The possibilities are, like, endless and they amuse me to no end. People, I'd very much appreciate seeing Komusubi and Kurita fan art from you as well 8D

Puchuuraba
Might actually mean something to you if you've seen Excel Saga.
 

sao

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
290
Reaction score
122
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
@dragonzair- Woah thanks for all those great fanart, hmmm i dont think i can link all of them but i'll try and paste all the links in the front page to make it easier for everyone to see

@Dragonmaster + AestheticHyro- Thanks again for all this great pieces of artwork :) Remember if there's anything you guys want F-M to release along just pm me or just place a msg in the f-m art thread here. [br]Posted on: September 12, 2006, 04:17:55 AM_________________________________________________@AesthiticHyro- Just wondering whether you could resize the image or filesize for the hiddendevil, cos its kinda big at 1.2mb and might make it harder to load for a few ppl.
 

AestheticHyro

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Repost:

Well, since no one commented on the other thread, I'll post my fanart here. There're uncolored and I'm not sure when I'll actually color them (and I scanned them inked just in case I, or anyone else, wants to color them digitally).

This image is to commemorate the recent events in ES21 (Spoiler for anyone who doesn't read the manga). Sorry, didn't realize the size until after I posted it.

<a href="http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1489/hiddendevilzg1.jpg">Hidden Devil</a>

This one is just with all of Sena's rivals so far.

<a href="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7610/esrivalsbt9.jpg">Rivals on the Battlefield</a>

This one is dedicated to the cornerstone of ES21's charm.

<a href="http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6875/devilabovesatanzj5.jpg">The Devil Above Satan</a>

I think I have only one more coming since I can't think of any other ideas. Anyways, feedback would be nice.
 

Dragonmaster

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hyro:

Interesting inking. You seem to be well aware of the techniques and effects you can use with your tools, in other words; you know the ways of drawing. However, there are some little things that upset the balance of your pictures. For example, Sena's behind in the Hidden Devil stretches a bit too far back while his neck points forward quite stiffly, making his stance a bit awkward-looking. It would look better if his back arched more and if his torso weren't so long. And when it comes to the Rivals drawing, you seem to have been very confident while inking the human characters, but uncertain when inking the helmet. If you ink on top of your original sketches, try to make sure that the sketches are clear enough to enable you to draw without guessing where the lines are supposed to go. The less you have to take your pen off the paper when drawing long lines, the better. And the helmet lacks a bit in symmetry -- drawing a straight vertical line in the exact middle of whatever you're drawing helps to see whether it's in symmetry or not (telling you in case you didn't use this trick).

And about Devil Above Satan... The perspective looks a bit crooked. There are many things extending away from the middle, for example Hiruma's leg and hand, but they're going in totally different directions. The picture and Hiruma's pose would be a bit more balanced if the extending parts would sort of... open from one single point to the same direction. And the hand that holds the ball seems to sink into Hiruma's torso somehow -- rising his elbow and shoulder would give the pose a more natural feel. Hiruma's head also looks a bit flat -- remember that the highest point of the human head isn't the forhead.

Well, long story short: your drawing skills are amazing when it comes to effects and the basic comic style inking, but your sense of balance and anatomy seems a bit narrow. I recommend training your eyes -- look at everything as if you were going to draw it! It helped me a lot, especially when I was in school (when you're in class and you find it boring, you have a lot of time to look around).
 

AestheticHyro

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dragonmaster said:
Hyro:

Interesting inking. You seem to be well aware of the techniques and effects you can use with your tools, in other words; you know the ways of drawing. However, there are some little things that upset the balance of your pictures. For example, Sena's behind in the Hidden Devil stretches a bit too far back while his neck points forward quite stiffly, making his stance a bit awkward-looking. It would look better if his back arched more and if his torso weren't so long. And when it comes to the Rivals drawing, you seem to have been very confident while inking the human characters, but uncertain when inking the helmet. If you ink on top of your original sketches, try to make sure that the sketches are clear enough to enable you to draw without guessing where the lines are supposed to go. The less you have to take your pen off the paper when drawing long lines, the better. And the helmet lacks a bit in symmetry -- drawing a straight vertical line in the exact middle of whatever you're drawing helps to see whether it's in symmetry or not (telling you in case you didn't use this trick).

And about Devil Above Satan... The perspective looks a bit crooked. There are many things extending away from the middle, for example Hiruma's leg and hand, but they're going in totally different directions. The picture and Hiruma's pose would be a bit more balanced if the extending parts would sort of... open from one single point to the same direction. And the hand that holds the ball seems to sink into Hiruma's torso somehow -- rising his elbow and shoulder would give the pose a more natural feel. Hiruma's head also looks a bit flat -- remember that the highest point of the human head isn't the forhead.

Well, long story short: your drawing skills are amazing when it comes to effects and the basic comic style inking, but your sense of balance and anatomy seems a bit narrow. I recommend training your eyes -- look at everything as if you were going to draw it! It helped me a lot, especially when I was in school (when you're in class and you find it boring, you have a lot of time to look around).
Thanks for your feedback. Let's see...inking. Inking is my worst aspect in that I can't draw straight lines very well; it's actually very hard to notice since the picture was shrunken but if expanded, it's even more apparent how uneven things are. For the Hidden Devil picture, I actually took more off from one of the wallpapers I saw but changing the stance a bit since it was my first ES21 fanart and I'm not too familiar with it. Since I was drawing him in a facing-forward position; his neck is stiff mainly because he is looking forward (or meant to look forward) the whole time, like he didn't even notice Agon was there.

Also, I believe the main flaw in the Hidden Devil is Sena's physique; he's much bigger than I planned on drawing him. What also makes it look even more out of proportion is that Agon is so small, which is mainly because I wanted to show some of him in there, not just his head. As for Rivals on the Battlefield, you're right; I'm completely unfamiliar with helmets. However, I sketched them with a mechanical pencil so they turned out the way I wanted them to; the only problem is that I'm inexperienced with inking and have never been able to draw a solid consistent line - in other words, draw uneven straight lines and curves.

I WOULD do that drawing a vertical line thing but it's never helped me in the past; honestly, it's messed me up even more (I'm not even sure why). About the Devil Above Satan, I actually liked that the best. It's funny that you say my sense of balance and anatomy is narrow considering that's what most people compliment me on - that plus mimicking the art style of the artist (ES21 isn't my first fanart but I tried my best to mimick the art style). I think you're a bit confused with the DAS since it's really alot to do with perspective (no offense, just my opinion on what I read from your comment). If everything had pointed in the same direction, the perspective is off. The ball is held by his hand into his forearm and if you look closely at the anatomy, the middle (horizontally) of the torso is facing towards the viewer, thus the arm is actually "sinking" to the other side of his waist.

And the forehead; I actually drew 2 heads for this image beforehand. One was normal facing forward as you said; however, when I looked at the result from the whole body, it seemed like an unnatural head position. Thus, the perspective is to show that his head is facing down but his eyes are facing forward. Making a bigger forehead gives that perspective feel (not that I don't think you didn't know that). Granted, his physique doesn't match that of a real human body in terms of anatomy, but that is mostly because I tried to draw in an anime-manga style.

Summary: I really appreciate your feedback and you seem to know alot about art (I've only taken one or 2 classes; both mostly concentrated on picture focus and perspective and were years apart) since you were able to tell I wasn't familar with helmets from the picture and I'm always up for improving my art style. I especially like that you complimented comic style inking since I've never done comic style inking before BUT I actually am planning to. However, I just think you forgot to take into account of perspective in the last picture (and trust me, I spend 98% of time in class looking around).
 
Top