Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stomping fodders and struggling badly to beat a Spirggan isn't the same. Heck Mira herself was exhausted against the fodders, the gap is soo large between Ajeel and the fodders the difficulty is actually irrelevant.
It is true that Mirajane was exhausted but the damage she took was minimal. That in itself already tells a lot. Whereas, Erza was very close to being killed. In fact, Erza was pretty crippled to the point that she needed medical attention after fighting Neinhart's historias. At best, we can say it is inconclusive as to whether Mirajane is on Neinhart or Erza's level. But to be certain that she isn't is just denial.

Stomping fodders and being Spriggan level is possible. Look at Erza. She stomped Neinhart's fodders and was Spriggan Level. Same with Jellal. So for people who can't see any correlation here (especially when looking at the context of the fights), I don't know what else to say. I'm not trying to prove that Mirajane can stomp a Spriggan. But she can most definitely put up a good fight and possibly defeat one.



I see Mirajane's Alegria form as powerful, don't get me wrong. But it's not yet at the level where I put it abover Nakagami. Comparable, maybe. I wouldn't say at least comparable. I would say that with reason and benefit of the doubt for Mira, Miralegria ~ Nakagami.
Considering Mirajane's Alegria Soul was powerful enough to change the environment, I don't see any problem with saying at least. But fine. As long as you can see they're comparable, I'm okay with that.

As for Neinhart, his pre-494 Historia making ability was at Hades+3 9DG+Ur+Azuma+Ikaruga+Zancow. If those Historia's faced Juliet and Hynhe it's going to be low diff. Now he's got Serena, Wahl and Bradman credited to him. I'm not sure if he can control them, but it's still much more impressive than Miralegria at this point imo.
Well none of the historias you mentioned here would apply to Mirajane. The amount of relationships she has with dead people is very little and somewhat unknown.

As for Neinhart "reviving" 3 Spriggans in the recent chapters, I wouldn't use this against Mirajane. He's so overpowered now that it's not even funny. I would downright say Laxus and Natsu would lose to Neinhart too. If you ask for my opinion, I think that plot was poorly written and doesn't make sense at all. Not only does it completely negate the logic that he can't create beings with higher MP than him, but his magic was supposed to conjure people from his opponent's memories. He never said his own. Anyways, you can tell I'm not a particular fan of this so I will stop rambling on and on.

It's true what you say, a select few can underrate Mira. I'm saying the she was overrated in the ranks, because I can't see her placed above Neinhart or Erza, so I can be considered someone who underrates Mira (my own rank had her equal with Makarov and Jura). Now even though she's above Erza and Neinhart, she's only on average 2 spots above Erza and 0.6 spots above Neinhart (see the spoiler below, I think @Char used weightings for people's votes). That amount of difference is probably negligible anyway, you could say they're comparable based on that difference.
Fair enough. You have your own ranking so I won't dispute here.

Brandish being above Jellal is also another one I consider questionable. Like Mira, Brandish doesn't have feats that warrant being put above Jellal imo. Her healing abilities are immense, so I can see why Brandish might be rated highly... though I consider Jellal someone above Spriggans ranked 4-12.
I actually have no opinion here. In my mind, I don't see why Brandish couldn't be on Jellal's level. The only reason she isn't would be because she barely has any feats. There are some hardcore feats people on this forum who take it too literal and it gets rather absurd at times. While I think feats are the most important, we should always use valid hype + portrayal for powerscaling characters. Otherwise, Hiro Mashima wouldn't need to include such things.

It depends how people rank too. I didn't give hype to anyone who hadn't done anything this arc... so people like Minerva or Kagura weren't given much love. Also Gildarts I placed below Hyberion, but right now I'd rank him at or above Serena.

Out of 64, the higher the better

1. Acnologia (64)

2. Igneel (62,7)

3. Parent Dragons (60,1)

4. Zeref Dragneel (58,6)

5. Igneel-powered Natsu (57,9)

6. August (56,15)

7. Irene Belserion (55,6)

8. Other Dragons (54,61)

9. Chronos Dimaria Yesta (54,4)

10. God Serena (53,89)

11. Laxus Dreyar (53,4)

12. Brandish (51,21)

13. Jellal Fernandes (50,79)

14. Wahl Icht (50,55)

15. Bradman (49,63)

16. Jacob Lessio (49,45)

17. Natsu (47,37)

18. DF Gajeel (47,1)

19. Glidartz Clive (44,53)

20. Ajeel Lamur (44,45)

21. DeS Gray Fullbuster (43,94)

22. Mirajane Strauss (41,67)

23. Neinhart (41,07)

24. Full Power Precht Gaebolt (40)

25. Erza Scarlet (39,18)

26. Hyberion (38,8)

27. Third origin Chelia Blendy (38,75)

28. Wolfheim (34,86)

29. Mard Geer Tartaros (33,87)

30. Base Gray Fullbuster (33,87)

31. Shaila (32,36)

32. Base Gajeel Redfox (32,08)

33. Ikatsunagi (31,93)

34. Jura Neekis (30,87)

35. Future Rogue (30,29)

36. Kyôka (30)

37. Kagura Mikazuchi (29,8)

38. Warrod Sequen (29,6)

39. Minerva Orlando (29,14)

40. DF Wendy Marvell (28,73)

41. Makarov Dreyar (28,4)

42. Silver Fullbuster (26,36)

43. Ur (25,86)

44. Bluenote Stinger (23,36)

45. Lucy Heartfilia (22,13)

46. Sting Eucliff or Rogue (21,79)

47. Azuma (19,14)

48. Wahl Icht Proxy (18,21)

49. Freed Justine (16,43)

50. Lyon Vastia (16)

51. Marin Hollow (15,71)

52. Juvia Lockster (14,79)

53. Meredy (14,5)

54. Heine Lunacy or Juliet Sun (13,85)

55. Elfman Strauss (12,07)

56. Base Wendy Marvell (11,43)

57. Chelia Blendy (10,85)

58. Bickslow (8,77)

59. Mest Gryder (8,71)

60. Cana Alberona (8,61)

61. Evergreen (7,61)

62. Ikaruga (7,43)

63. Levy Mcgarden (4,29)

64. Lisanna Strauss (2,86)

1. Acnologia

2. Igneel

3. Parent Dragons (Metallicana, etc.)

4. Igneel-powered Natsu

4. Zeref Dragneel

7. Other dragons (Zirconis, etc.)

7. August

7. Irene Belserion

9. Laxus Dreyar

9. Jellal Fernandes

9. Natsu

9. Chronos Dimaria Yesta

13. God Serena

13. Wahl Icht

13. DF Gajeel

16. Ajeel Lamur

17. Bradman

17. Jacob Lessio

17. Brandish

20. Neinhart

21. Erza Scarlet

22. DeS Gray Fullbuster

22. Mard Geer Tartaros

22. Hyberion

25. Full Power Precht Gaebolg

26. Future Rogue

26. Gildarts Clive

28. Warrod Sequen

28. Third origin Chelia Blendy

28. Wolfheim

28. Ikatsunagi

32. Base Gajeel Redfox

32. Makarov Dreyar

32. Mirajane Strauss

32. Jura Neekis

36. Base Gray Fullbuster

36. Minerva Orlando

36. Kagura Mikazuchi

39. Sting Eucliff or Rogue Cheney

40. Elfman Strauss

40. Lyon Vastia

40. Bluenote Stinger

43. Ur

44. DF Wendy Marvell

44. Wahl Icht Proxy

44. Kyôka

44. Lucy Heartfillia

44. Cana Alberona

44. Freed Justine

44. Meredy

51. Silver Fullbuster

52. Shaila

52. Azuma

54. Juvia Lockster

55. Levy Mcgarden

55. Base Wendy Marvell

55. Marin Hollow

55. Lisanna Strauss

55. Evergreen

55. Bickslow

55. Mest Gryder

55. Ikaruga

55. Chelia Blendy

64. Heine Lunacy or Juliet Sun
I give characters hype where it is necessary. This means that either the hype was emphasized many times or there are feats to back it up. Of course between feats and hype, feats wins. But hype is also a factor to consider.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well none of the historias you mentioned here would apply to Mirajane. The amount of relationships she has with dead people is very little and somewhat unknown.

As for Neinhart "reviving" 3 Spriggans in the recent chapters, I wouldn't use this against Mirajane. He's so overpowered now that it's not even funny. I would downright say Laxus and Natsu would lose to Neinhart too. If you ask for my opinion, I think that plot was poorly written and doesn't make sense at all. Not only does it completely negate the logic that he can't create beings with higher MP than him, but his magic was supposed to conjure people from his opponent's memories. He never said his own. Anyways, you can tell I'm not a particular fan of this so I will stop rambling on and on.
I do agree Neinhart's power is conditional, and it's the only reason I don't put him directly above someone like Ajeel or Serena or Laxus. If he fights someone with weak dead memories then his power is limited greatly. If he fought Brandish he can make 3 people at her level.

I actually have no opinion here. In my mind, I don't see why Brandish couldn't be on Jellal's level. The only reason she isn't would be because she barely has any feats. There are some hardcore feats people on this forum who take it too literal and it gets rather absurd at times. While I think feats are the most important, we should always use valid hype + portrayal for powerscaling characters. Otherwise, Hiro Mashima wouldn't need to include such things.
I do agree there's more than just feats. August has few feats and mostly is hype/portrayal, as an example.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
I do agree Neinhart's power is conditional, and it's the only reason I don't put him directly above someone like Ajeel or Serena or Laxus. If he fights someone with weak dead memories then his power is limited greatly. If he fought Brandish he can make 3 people at her level.



I do agree there's more than just feats. August has few feats and mostly is hype/portrayal, as an example.
What are August new feats? He got stabbed and dropped a nuke.

Brandish shares an upgraded version of Marin Hallows magic which allows her to teleport. So she is probably faster than Erza with that magic.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
What are August new feats? He got stabbed and dropped a nuke.

Brandish shares an upgraded version of Marin Hallows magic which allows her to teleport. So she is probably faster than Erza with that magic.
Brandish's magic is mass manipulation. Where the hell did you get that she has the same kind of magic as Marin and that she can teleport?
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Brandish's magic is mass manipulation. Where the hell did you get that she has the same kind of magic as Marin and that she can teleport?
You really don't know the story to well don't you?

She teleported off the island she shrunk bud.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Ok I'll give you that one, I'll admit that I forgot that Brandish did in fact teleport off the island. So I was wrong there. But I fail to see how her magic is the same kind as Marin's.
Marin Hallow was teleporting and beating the hell out of Natsu and Gray, if he's capable of doing that then Brandish should also.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Brandish don't have teleportation magic:bnah ... it was all Marin doing

Brandish change size of Marin ( Marin hide inside Brandish clothes (:teehee) she fools Natsu and co ) :
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v52/c443/23.html

Marin teleports Brandish to the ship behind next to her :
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v52/c443/30.html

Dimaria tells Brandish that Marin can teleport her to the meeting if she doesn't feel to walk to it :
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v53/c452/5.html

All from me :zomg:blush:whistle
The links don't work and I don't see Marin hallow in her clothes.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Brandish don't have teleportation magic:bnah ... it was all Marin doing

Brandish change size of Marin ( Marin hide inside Brandish clothes (:teehee) she fools Natsu and co ) :
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v52/c443/23.html

Marin teleports Brandish to the ship behind next to her :
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v52/c443/30.html

Dimaria tells Brandish that Marin can teleport her to the meeting if she doesn't feel to walk to it :
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v53/c452/5.html

All from me :zomg:blush:whistle
I had never thought about this!! So it was Marin who teleported Brandish back to the ship. Now it makes sense! Thank you.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
I had never thought about this!! So it was Marin who teleported Brandish back to the ship. Now it makes sense! Thank you.
No, theres no proof that he actually did, hes just speculating.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
No, theres no proof that he actually did, she's just speculating.
Just like someone I quote :blush
There is no reason to believe Brandish have teleportation magic for me ( when I see it I will believe :errr ) so far we got :
-Brandish hide Marin from Natsu and co and later she got teleported ( By Marin :P)
-Dimaria reminds Brandish that Marin can teleport her ( why would she if Brandish could to that herself ?:whistle )
-She didn't choose to teleport Natsu and Lucy to August whereabouts at first they have travelled by foot :whistle
So no until I will not see her using it she doesn't got teleportation magic :nah
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
@Woodenstool
Since Brandish using teleport/high speed is not a fact, we can only speculate:
- That she can use teleport/high speed.
- That she can't, and it was Marin who teleported her.

Which one makes more sense:
- Brandish can teleport, when it's never been stated that she posesses such magic
- Her lackey, who goes with her everywhere, and who we've got evidence that casually teleports her (Dimaria mentioned so), actually teleported her

I think it's clear! :)
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Maybe it's just a plot hole,but Brandish did some how manage to leave Lucy's house and change her clothes before it shrank.
While it's still not confirmed,it possible she knows other magic aside from mass manipulation.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Maybe it's just a plot hole,but Brandish did some how manage to leave Lucy's house and change her clothes before it shrank.
While it's still not confirmed,it possible she knows other magic aside from mass manipulation.
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v54/c456/21.html < Marin was there as well but he wasn't been allowed to join in:whistle:whistle
There are some things that will never get clarification :
-Only Ajeel get hit by large beam while Erza next to him
-Kagura doesn't take Damage from Jellal GC and how did she know about Neinhart
-Levy and Gajeel escape third seal and takes no damage from it :arf
And so on :deleriumBrandish may or may not have got teleportation magic ( from what I see for now at least for me she doesn't have that ability :whistle:blush)
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v54/c456/21.html < Marin was there as well but he wasn't been allowed to join in:whistle:whistle
There are some things that will never get clarification :
-Only Ajeel get hit by large beam while Erza next to him
-Kagura doesn't take Damage from Jellal GC and how did she know about Neinhart
-Levy and Gajeel escape third seal and takes no damage from it :arf
And so on :deleriumBrandish may or may not have got teleportation magic ( from what I see for now at least for me she doesn't have that ability :whistle:blush)
Well Marin Hallow is Brandish's second in command similar to Ajeels army who has a desert theme/outfit meaning he probably shares sand abilities.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/455/7
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well Marin Hallow is Brandish's second in command similar to Ajeels army who has a desert theme/outfit meaning he probably shares sand abilities.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/455/7
Bakel is known for his strength, and Kalim used some kind of darkness magic...

Unless they show they can use the same magic, I wouldn't be inclined to believe they can, if the basis is only that they're in the same team/squad. None of Neinharts men can use Historia's for example.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,288
Reaction score
1,793
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Sting>Rogue as feats go and even portrayal as Sting was made Guild master and Minerva considered him strong enough to be their next ace outside of herself. Sting has higher attack power. I don't even think they were ever stated to be equal just called the twin Dragon slayers. If going by feats Sting>>Rogue(Even with Shadow possessed).
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v54/c456/21.html < Marin was there as well but he wasn't been allowed to join in:whistle:whistle
There are some things that will never get clarification :
-Only Ajeel get hit by large beam while Erza next to him
-Kagura doesn't take Damage from Jellal GC and how did she know about Neinhart
-Levy and Gajeel escape third seal and takes no damage from it :arf
And so on :deleriumBrandish may or may not have got teleportation magic ( from what I see for now at least for me she doesn't have that ability :whistle:blush)
The point was that Marin was with Lucy and trapped in somekind of object. It's hard to imagine him being able to do all that without knowing what's happening on the outside.
 
Last edited:

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ajeel can take out Natsu, he can use Sandworld which has city AOE which Natsu can't counter. Gajeel near the Tenro tree meaning his magic power is restored.

Once most of the army is wiped off the map, that entire area can used for battle for each character. Natsu vs Ajeel would be a bad match up because fire>sand, GodSerena vs Gildarts is a good matchup because despite knowing a lot of DS spell, Gildarts can negate it. Erza can probably take on Walh easily because she has amazing speed feats and since Laxus is passed out and dead at the port hes not coming. Gray can take on Bradman because hes a demon and he has a vendetta against demons because they messed* upv his family. Invel can fight Natsu to bring out their true powers, ice so cold to freeze a person and fire so hot to melt the ice. August and Brandish are on our side so I guess both of them will take out Neinhart and Dimaria. I have no clue how they stand a chance against Dimaria with her time hax though, August better nuke her before she can react or they're screwed*.
But surely Natsu could melt the sand if he tried hard enough? He's shown to have gotten powerful enough to make people faint with the heat he can pump out, so he could just turn Ajeel's Sandworld into Glass... That'd be cool :hip
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Sting>Rogue as feats go and even portrayal as Sting was made Guild master and Minerva considered him strong enough to be their next ace outside of herself. Sting has higher attack power. I don't even think they were ever stated to be equal just called the twin Dragon slayers. If going by feats Sting>>Rogue(Even with Shadow possessed).
I'm not sure tbh, Sting has way more DC and his strikes seem more powerful but Rogue is faster, has the better element and has hax that is better than Sting's stigma. Plus (if the shadow is still around) that's a solid tier boost (was losing to base Gajeel before, then winning comfortably after). Honestly I think it depends on what you rate higher, Sting may have high DC but Rogue can do a number of tricks due to his intangibility. Personally I'd say they're equal with maybe a slight edge to Rogue due to haxiness.
 
Top