Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Shoutmon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
754
Reaction score
1,483
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
I really don't see how it's debatable that Natsu landed that first punch on Neinhart, I mean just look at him:
Neinhart's clearly in the air and seems to be screaming(?) "GUAAHN" in this first page, and just look at his face in this second page while Natsu's charging up his second punch:
It seems pretty obvious that Neinhart didn't dodge the first one.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Bloodman didn't solo them in the second day.Sting did say that all 3 of them soloed entire ST,BP.And powerwise Wahl is above.Wahl's attacks seriously injured Laxus while Bloodman's attacks though injured Gajeel but not to the extent of Wahl's injury on Laxus.
My bad on the soloing thing, I forgot what Sting said.

As for power, I've already said that my goal isn't to put Bradman above Wahl, my point is that comparing the Historias is pointless due to how nerfed they are. Even then, it's also pointless because HistMan has an opponent that bypasses one of his best advantages whereas Wahl is facing Minerva who has no inherent advantage against him. Besides, Bradman doesn't really need great power, he more than makes up for it with the vast amount of hax he has.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
My bad on the soloing thing, I forgot what Sting said.

As for power, I've already said that my goal isn't to put Bradman above Wahl, my point is that comparing the Historias is pointless due to how nerfed they are. Even then, it's also pointless because HistMan has an opponent that bypasses one of his best advantages whereas Wahl is facing Minerva who has no inherent advantage against him. Besides, Bradman doesn't really need great power, he more than makes up for it with the vast amount of hax he has.
Yeah i know he has deadly haxes though i was comparing their original selfs not their Historias which are heavily limited due to Neinhart's constraints.
 

Synn

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
306
Reaction score
633
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I really don't see how it's debatable that Natsu landed that first punch on Neinhart, I mean just look at him:
Neinhart's clearly in the air and seems to be screaming(?) "GUAAHN" in this first page, and just look at his face in this second page while Natsu's charging up his second punch:
It seems pretty obvious that Neinhart didn't dodge the first one.
I was also wondering why people assumed that Natsu missed the target, when Neinhart was seemingly obliterated with two punches, despite being severely buffed by Irene's enchantment...

Natsu didn't have a proper Spriggan fight, and he's already above two of them (at least) in terms of power.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Yeah i know he has deadly haxes though i was comparing their original selfs not their Historias which are heavily limited due to Neinhart's constraints.
Sorry for the misinterpretation. :)

Picking who's better between Wahl and Bradman is tough, Wahl has much better offense but I'd say Bradman has better defense and hax. Against most opponents (e.g non-Machias, human) I think Bradman has the advantage due to his MBP's and Sensation Curse, however in a 1 vs 1 I think Wahl would win due to the anti-MBP gun and most hax not working on him. In fact Wahl is the biggest counter to Bradman you could find.

As for their performances, I'd say they both showed off impressive feats, with Bradman utterly fodderizing Gajeel for most of the match and Wahl giving Laxus a run for his money. I can see arguments for both sides but I usually think Wahl >= Bradman (it changes from time to time). That said, I do think Bradman is being underrated by some (not you), with his vast amount of hax and his defense I don't see how he's being placed below the likes of Ajeel.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Sorry for the misinterpretation. :)

Picking who's better between Wahl and Bradman is tough, Wahl has much better offense but I'd say Bradman has better defense and hax. Against most opponents (e.g non-Machias, human) I think Bradman has the advantage due to his MBP's and Sensation Curse, however in a 1 vs 1 I think Wahl would win due to the anti-MBP gun and most hax not working on him. In fact Wahl is the biggest counter to Bradman you could find.

As for their performances, I'd say they both showed off impressive feats, with Bradman utterly fodderizing Gajeel for most of the match and Wahl giving Laxus a run for his money. I can see arguments for both sides but I usually think Wahl >= Bradman (it changes from time to time). That said, I do think Bradman is being underrated by some (not you), with his vast amount of hax and his defense I don't see how he's being placed below the likes of Ajeel.
True i still don't know how Gajeel and Levy managed to survive Helter Skelter and why didn't he use Macro or absorbtion curse.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
I think it's fair to speculate that his Second Seal hasn't been activated, in his fight with Gajeel the field of bones were still there long after his activation of the Second Seal. It's for this reason that I'm almost certain that the Second Seal hasn't been used.
Doesn't he use second seal before going etherious though? I think its fair to say that we simply did not get a good glimpse of the fight.

It's hard to measure how much of a boost his Etherious form gives him, he didn't exactly do much for going into his Etherious form. In fact I'd say that proves his Etherious form gives him a great boost, he only started using the 9DG curses when he went Third Seal and he can only use his most powerful curse (Over Skelter) in that form. With the above being said I would argue that his Etherious Form gives him a greater boost than Wahl's Assault Mode.
But he was in third seal (etherious) fairly early on in his fight with Rogue so its very possible that he used some curses. Wahls assault mode gives him massive spamability of attacks that can heavily injure even Laxus tiered characters (thats not even including Etherion Gun). Bradmans etherious simply gives him access to the DG curses, most of which would be useless against Spriggan level opponents.

As I raised above, I don't think it's fair to judge Bradman going Third Seal as him being pushed, as we've only seen him use the First and Second Seals in his base mode. The fact that we haven't seen his Historia use any curses in the Third Seal form is an indicator that he can't use them now, as the first thing he did against Gajeel was spam the 9DG curses whereas against Rogue he's just using CQC. To put it bluntly, he may have been nerfed so hard that he only has his Three Seals (which would be heavily nerfed) and CQC. The fact that's he's against Rogue doesn't help either as Rogue can also go intangible, meaning that one of his main advantages (MBP body) is moot.
But the fight is off-panel, naturally we don't see anything. I could just as easily say that Wahl only used basic physical stats (not even the enhanced ones he used against Laxus) and those electric cord things against Minerva and that wouldn't really help your case. What I am saying is that we don't know if he used them or not, assuming he used none is just as fallacious as assuming he used all of them, there has to be some middle ground. I dont think Rogues shadow body negates Bradmans MBP body in anyway, at least I dont see how/why it would.

I maintain that if Bradman was having the same level as ease as Wahl, he wouldn't need to go into his Third Seal state since thats his full power. Its like Wahl going into assault mode but only using his basic missiles. At the end of the day Wahl would have still found the need to go assault mode, even if he doesn't use its full capabilities.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Nice how you evaded most of what I said.

Well, then, I honestly don't know what you're trying to discuss here. Since Natsu can oneshot Tenrou Glidartz, Tenrou Bluenote, Tenrou Hades, Tenrou Makarov and Tenrou the rest easily. If you fail to see that, you have a problem.



1. It is debatable whether Neinheart dodged it or it kind of hit him but OK, let's assume he dodged.
2. He's a spriggan. Remember the hype of the spriggan? Unprecedented hype which said that one of them could solo the guild, that they were above Makarov in terms of MP, etc... Why could he not dodge a punch from Natsu?
3. He's an enhanced spriggan. Who was immune to Brandish. Completely immune. Understand why it's rather sound that he dodges a punch from Natsu and that does not make Natsu slow?
4. Natsu was fast enough to punch him for a second time, that time he did it faster because the first time he wasn't fast enough for Neinheart, so he modified the speed. Which means, Natsu hasn't used his full speed yet.



It is pointless to argue about pre-TS feats or characters who have pre-TS abilities, and I mean Tenrou characters. Natsu's evolved way too much to be compared to the likes of Bluenote even just in phisicallity.



1. Jacob might've well be using magic to defend from magical attacks.
2. I don't think there was a pure physical battle there. All of Natsu's attacks are fire-imbued. It'd be interesting to see what'd happen if both Jacob and Natsu didn't have magic. So you're talking about an hypothetical case scenario that did not happen.
3. During that brawl in the guild, we can't know what would happen if it was a pure h2h combat since they were using magic; but we do know that during that fight, both were unfazed, with mild scratches. That does not necessarily prove Jacob being superior.



Both were using their magics before empyrean. Re-read the fight.

Also, what @Daniel9dsi said

The only thing I might agree with you on this post is this: "He didn't accidentally make a huge roar, he knew him from the past as a threat." You can very well interpret it that way and it is correct.
There was a 9 month time skip between the GMG for the Wizzards to train. And GMG was right after Tatarus, so Gildarts its the same Gildarts who busted that mountain.

Natsu would not one shot Gildarts, his magic was able to easily bust a mountain, he can just as easily destroy Natsus spell.

It's not debatable, Natsu missed, Neinhart jumped in the air. Gildarts has speed feats that no character can counter but Acnologia. Natsu would get blitz in a fight with Gildarts.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
There was a 9 month time skip between the GMG for the Wizzards to train. And GMG was right after Tatarus, so Gildarts its the same Gildarts who busted that mountain.

Natsu would not one shot Gildarts, his magic was able to easily bust a mountain, he can just as easily destroy Natsus spell.

It's not debatable, Natsu missed, Neinhart jumped in the air. Gildarts has speed feats that no character can counter but Acnologia. Natsu would get blitz in a fight with Gildarts.
"Natsu missed and it's not debatable because I said so even though I haven't shown a inkling of proof to support my argument"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
There was a 9 month time skip between the GMG for the Wizzards to train. And GMG was right after Tatarus, so Gildarts its the same Gildarts who busted that mountain.

Natsu would not one shot Gildarts, his magic was able to easily bust a mountain, he can just as easily destroy Natsus spell.

It's not debatable, Natsu missed, Neinhart jumped in the air. Gildarts has speed feats that no character can counter but Acnologia. Natsu would get blitz in a fight with Gildarts.
Sadly, for the 10000000th time, you are wrong.

GMG disputed during July 1–7, X791 but the FT members appeared April, X791. So, they theoretically had LESS than a 3-month period to train. Still, 3 months worth training is what would take a FT mage to duplicate their powers.

3 months = Second Origin. 3 months = 7 years for many mages. Evolution of a 100% (2x) moreorless.

So, this is incorrect: the Glidartz from the GMG was way stronger than the Glidartz from Tenrou.

Not long after the games, I'm gonna assume 1 month later, the Tartaros events occurr. 1 month = a lot of progress, again. We usually say that Tartaros = GMG, but in fact... Tartaros characters > GMG characters: they've grown from experience, and from time going by.

Post-tartaros: the Natsu that found Glidartz during the timeskip. This was POST-Tartaros. We don't know how much but we can assume not much later as Natsu had just begun his training. Still, even if it was one week, characters like Natsu or Glidartz should grow quite a lot in a 1-week span. Just by the fact of existing (this is how Mashima depicts it).

Now, we have one year timeskip... In which the characters probably evolved 3x or more. Actually, DF Natsu form Tartaros is inferior to current Base Natsu!! So it's probable that this timeskip gave them something like a 4x multiplier.

This stands for Glidartz too. The Glidartz from Tenrou would've performed against a spriggan as good as Makarov would, in the event he hasn't improved at all, which is logical to think due to his age, but this is Fairy Tail.

Tenrou Glidartz = mid tier (by nowadays standards) / Current Glidartz = high-(top?) tier.

Current Natsu, Gray, Erza, Gajeel, Laxus, EVEN possibly the likes of Juvia or DF Wendy, would easy-mid diff Tenrou Glidartz.

As for the punch landing or being dodged. My interpretation is as valid as yours. I didn't say that it necessarily hit Neinheart but I didn't discard the possibility it didn't. Now by saying "it's not debatable" it's clear that your mental age is below 14. You need to show proof when you want to demonstrate something, the "because I say so" thing is for kindergarten :P
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Since everyone is making up silly terms for speed to wank their favs ima start aswell. Laxus has zip speed and can drop casual nukes meaning he blitzes and one shots anyone :hip.

Gray can move at shiver speed and has casual Invel breaking punches meaning he beats everyone but Laxus :hip.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Since everyone is making up silly terms for speed to wank their faces ima start aswell. Laxus has zip speed and can drop casual nukes meaning he blitzes and one shots anyone :hip.

Gray can move at shiver speed and has casual Invel breaking punches meaning he beats everyone but Laxus :hip.
Acno moves at light speed y0 and can stomach-rip any character in an instant except Igneel :hip
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Although I completely agree here.
Yeah but the Glidartz who was busting mountains was post-tartaros not Tenrou, we don't know if Tenro Glidartz can do such a thing (I assume he can though).

In any case the example of DF Wendy defeating Tenrou Glidartz was a mere example to let him/her understand that bringing up Tenrou feats to the current content isn't gonna make you reliable at all, since Tenrou characters are fodder now xD
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
It's not made up. They may have been fodder but it showcased his speed. If you think he's not capable of replicating that feat your wrong. If you watch the KoTsh which is cannon then you can see Gildarts moving several meters and attacking before Natsu even notices.
HIS FEAT IS BLITZING FODDER. That was the only noticie thing he showcased during the feat. Replicating the feat isn't impressive, that's the whole point. While we're on the case of Gildarts........Moving faster than pre SO Natsu isn't impressive. You realise this was the same Natsu getting bested by Max right? Poof speed is a ridiculous term which shouldn't be used when saying Gildarts can out speed anyone not worthy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah but the Glidartz who was busting mountains was post-tartaros not Tenrou, we don't know if Tenro Glidartz can do such a thing (I assume he can though).

In any case the example of DF Wendy defeating Tenrou Glidartz was a mere example to let him/her understand that bringing up Tenrou feats to the current content isn't gonna make you reliable at all, since Tenrou characters are fodder now xD
That wasn't even a mountain nor was it casual.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Yeah but the Glidartz who was busting mountains was post-tartaros not Tenrou, we don't know if Tenro Glidartz can do such a thing (I assume he can though).

In any case the example of DF Wendy defeating Tenrou Glidartz was a mere example to let him/her understand that bringing up Tenrou feats to the current content isn't gonna make you reliable at all, since Tenrou characters are fodder now xD
I was comparing Gildarts feats from the past to the current Natsu.
HIS FEAT IS BLITZING FODDER. That was the only noticie thing he showcased during the feat. Replicating the feat isn't impressive, that's the whole point. While we're on the case of Gildarts........Moving faster than pre SO Natsu isn't impressive. You realise this was the same Natsu getting bested by Max right? Poof speed is a ridiculous term which shouldn't be used when saying Gildarts can out speed anyone not worthy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That wasn't even a mountain nor was it casual.
yeah it was a mountain bud.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/417/14
Totally not a mountain right? There's a forest and humans aren't taller than trees. You even see a river on it.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
I was comparing Gildarts feats from the past to the current Natsu.

yeah it was a mountain bud.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/417/14
Totally not a mountain right? There's a forest and humans aren't taller than trees. You even see a river on it.
Trees and river don't equate to a mountain, lol what flawless logic.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Trees and river don't equate to a mountain, lol what flawless logic.
Well Bluenote casually destroyed a hill so Gildarts destroying a mountain is not that big a feat.And probably Jellal also destroyed a mountain with Sema in Tartaros(if i remember it correctly).And casual spells from Natsu and Laxus are mountain busting now.
 

Labi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
173
Reaction score
293
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Woodenstool
U comparin past Gildarts to present Natsu?
Wich past Gildarts if i might ask? Oh wait no.
I really don't think that matters lol. Natsu as he is now stomps the past Gildarts. Gildarts how he is now stomps Natsu. (Or no... But idk how strong he is with BDKM+ DF so i can't say anything)
Aaahh... Gildarts beats anyone in the guild for sure..

I'm just curious if or what improvement Natsu get's next haha

Laxus is badass. That's the reason he stomps anyone... Except Acno who is badasser
 
Top