Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Nor was there any mention or suggestion that Analysis is necessary or even a factor for conversion/immunity, Wahl certainly didnt seem to analyse any other Lightning attack from Laxus or Ichiya, or mention that it was part of the process
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Spirigan 12:
August > Irene > Larcade > Dimaria(Age Seal) > Bradman(Macro) > Jacob(Stealth) > Brandish > God Serena > Wahl > Invel > Azir > Neinhart.

Ishgar ranking: (No Wizards Saints because they are disappointment)
Natsu > Gildarts > Laxus > Gray > Sting > Jellal > Erza > TO Chelia > Mirajane > Kagura > Wendy > Minerva > Rouge > Lucy > Lyon.
....Where's Gajeel. And this Gray talk smh it's seems like none of y'all can find a good middle ground, some have him way too strong while others have him too weak
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,112
Age
36
Country
United States
Nor was there any mention or suggestion that Analysis is necessary or even a factor for conversion/immunity, Wahl certainly didnt seem to analyse any other Lightning attack from Laxus or Ichiya, or mention that it was part of the process
Technical ly spsaking
You can't convert something you can't analyse
You have to be familiar with the input to change it or use it
If wahl cant use it. It's super effective. Unless you think it's not lightening then its not effective either because it's not wahl weakness

Wahl did explain how his immunity work otherwise ichiya would have one shotted him
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Technical ly spsaking
You can't convert something you can't analyse
You have to be familiar with the input to change it or use it
If wahl cant use it. It's super effective. Unless you think it's not lightening then its not effective either because it's not wahl weakness

Wahl did explain how his immunity work otherwise ichiya would have one shotted him
Technically speaking people cant shoot lightning outa their hands, we're talking about wizards her. Wahl didnt mention anything about needing to analyse Lightning, nor did he suggest that it played any part in his Lightning immunity. Does Natsu need to analyse the fire he eats?

If you ask me the whole Red Lightning is super effective theory is just way too contrived. Fairy Tail isnt a complicated manga. If Mashima wanted Red Lightning too appear super effective he would have portrayed that in the chapter, but he didnt, so as far as i'm concerned it isnt.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Red Lightning being super-effective is logical, I buy it. RL is still stronger than most attacks out there. I'd put it in the same bracket as FDKM attacks. Laxus should be able to use this lightning with DSM as well, which will take it up a notch. Laxus should have more magic power now since the MBP's have been removed, well at the very least he should be able to perform better.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,112
Age
36
Country
United States
Technically speaking people cant shoot lightning outa their hands, we're talking about wizards her. Wahl didnt mention anything about needing to analyse Lightning, nor did he suggest that it played any part in his Lightning immunity. Does Natsu need to analyse the fire he eats?

If you ask me the whole Red Lightning is super effective theory is just way too contrived. Fairy Tail isnt a complicated manga. If Mashima wanted Red Lightning too appear super effective he would have portrayed that in the chapter, but he didnt, so as far as i'm concerned it isnt.
Natsu is not a robot.
Wahl is.
Wahl is unfamiliar with red lightening so he can't use it. It's lightening so he is super weak to it.
It's not as complicated as other things people use

I think it's more to do with people desire of making laxus super powered.
Red lightening is his strongest move. It is below demon fist of gray but might be above nakagami.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sure, but he's August... I'll take his word over the guy who calls himself god. Besides, even if you were to take Azir's word over August's, it doesnt change the fact that the most knowledgeable mage in existence who is also general of the spriggan 12, thought that the spell Laxus used had the power to kill one of his subordinates, which at the very least means that Laxus can kill the average spriggan with that attack, even if Azir himself may have been able to survive it.
Okay, so Ajeel calls himself a god. I don't see why this would make him less credible than someone who has gotten his facts wrong before (August). As for Laxus' nuke being able to kill am average Spriggan, we'll just disagree because I personally am not going to take mere words for granted.

What feats does Gray have that implies he has great attack power?
Well, he defeated a Spriggan with the same difficulty as Laxus, Gajeel, Jellal, and Natsu. He also fought on par with E.N.D. Even if you were to say Gray had slayer advantage, that wouldn't really matter because E.N.D is already stronger than Laxus.

Yeah, resistant to insta freeze, all Invel's ice blast, Ice Raiment and pretty much everything Invel did, Invel is an Ice Wizard, Gray is immune to Ice.
No, Gray wasn't immune to Invel's ice at all.



As for Invel's Ice Raiment, I don't see any immunity there. All Gray did was use Invel's ice against him.

Laxus was only lucky to fight Wahl cause he was already dying from MBPs. If Laxus was healthy like Gray, Wahl would be the single worst opponent for Laxus to fight, any spriggan other than August and Eileen would be better.
If Red Lightning truly negates Wahl's immunity, then I don't see why it would be a bad match-up.

Yes, it overwhelmed Wahl's immunity, meaning Whal's Lightning immunity still reduced Red Lightnings potency, but Red Lightning was so powerful that even with that reduction in strength it was still able to kill Wahl. its similar to how Gray is immune to Ice, but Invel's attacks were still so cold that Gray was getting damaged by it. There was no implied negation of Wahl's immunity, it was still there, it simply wasnt enough to stop Red Lightning, the chapter didnt portray Red Lightning as super effective.
Actually, they are two completely different situations. In Gray's case, he has resistance to Ice but without it, it wouldn't be super effective against him. Wahl is naturally weak to electricity, so once anything bypasses his immunity, it should do a lot of damage to him. The part where it said "lightning that surpasses lightning" pretty much implies that the lightning wasn't the kind of lightning that Wahl was immune to (don't ask me how this makes sense because I was the first one to call out this nonsense). Anyways, it bypassed his immunity; therefore, it was super effective. As for what the chapter portrayed, we saw Wahl break into pieces. That is pretty significant in my opinion. It wasn't physical power because Laxus' punches at the beginning of the fight never even came close to that...

So how do you think Gray would do if he wasnt immune to insta freeze and couldnt take Invel's ice?
And how do you think Laxus would do if he wasnt dying from MBPs and Wahl wasnt immune or weak to Lightning?
If Gray wasn't immune to insta-freeze, he would've lost. If Laxus wasn't dying from MBPs and Wahl wasn't immune or weak to lightning, he would probably have the same difficulty he had in the manga.
 
Last edited:

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Natsu is not a robot.
Wahl is.
Wahl is unfamiliar with red lightening so he can't use it. It's lightening so he is super weak to it.
It's not as complicated as other things people use

I think it's more to do with people desire of making laxus super powered.
Red lightening is his strongest move. It is below demon fist of gray but might be above nakagami.
As i said, nothing was mentioned or implied that analyzing factors into his immunity, seems like people are just overthinking it and pulling things from nowhere.

Why would they need to? Laxus already had spriggan killing hype, Laxus killing Wahl is just keeping things consistent with the manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Okay, so Ajeel calls himself a god. I don't see why this would make him less credible than someone who has gotten his facts wrong before (August). As for Laxus' nuke being able to kill am average Spriggan, we'll just disagree because I personally am not going to take mere words for granted.



Well, he defeated a Spriggan with the same difficulty as Laxus, Gajeel, Jellal, and Natsu. He also fought on par with E.N.D. Even if you were to say Gray had slayer advantage, that wouldn't really matter because E.N.D is already stronger than Laxus.



No, Gray wasn't immune to Invel's ice at all.



As for Invel's Ice Raiment, I don't see any immunity there. All Gray did was use Invel's ice against him.



If Red Lightning truly negates Wahl's immunity, then I don't see why it would be a bad match-up.



Actually, they are two completely different situations. In Gray's case, he has resistance to Ice but without it, it wouldn't be super effective against him. Wahl is naturally weak to electricity, so once anything bypasses his immunity, it should do a lot of damage to him. The part where it said "lightning that surpasses lightning" pretty much implies that the lightning wasn't the kind of lightning that Wahl was immune to (don't ask me how this makes sense because I was the first one to call out this nonsense). Anyways, it bypassed his immunity; therefore, it was super effective. As for what the chapter portrayed, we saw Wahl break into pieces. That is pretty significant in my opinion. It wasn't physical power because Laxus' punches at the beginning of the fight never even came close to that...



If Gray wasn't immune to insta-freeze, he would've lost. If Laxus wasn't dying from MBPs and Wahl wasn't immune or weak to lightning, he would probably have the same difficulty he had in the manga.
Disagree on the first part, August is pretty much the most credible source possible when judging the power of a spell, and he thought it was a spriggan killer.

For the second part FDK Natus>Partial END imo, by a fair amount. Gray's attacks also werent really doing much, plus slayer advantage.

Gray was immune to Invel's ice, Invel outright stated it. Yes Gray was getting damaged, but its thanks to his ice resistant body that he was only receiving that level of damage

Considering Laxus was already hyped to kill Azir, i see Wahl dying to him par for the course.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
that's true but we will never know that. I put DeS Gray(no rage)on the level of Invel, maybe even weaker. it also depends how strong do you think DeS Gray was(before his fight against Invel).
Oh, well in that case, I don't see the need to argue. We won't agree in the slightest. Just curious, how strong do you think E.N.D is compared to Invel?

the hype for DeS Gray was never a HUGE deal for me(he is a badass though)because he fought beings in which he was super effective against(Mard Geer, END). Tartaros DeS Gray is probably weaker than Tartaros LFD Natsu imo.
Slayer advantage only affects attack power. Durability is completely separate and we saw Gray tank a roar from E.N.D, so I don't see how that wouldn't be a huge deal. I disagree with your last sentence but I won't open up a whole different debate.

besides, Laxus did fought Etherious Tempester in the anime which was basically Hiro's decision which gives us a look at Laxus durability and endurance
though he basically lost that fight if it wasn't for water.
I'll admit that I kind of forgot what happened in that fight, so I can't make a comment here. In terms of power though, I have Laxus above Etherious Tempesta.

besides, FDKM Natsu >>> END. partial END is too overhyped imo.

plus, we have to wait for his trump card. other than that, I doubt he can show us something else because he already fought Natsu all out(assumption), excluding his trump card. I rate Gray above Natsu anyway.
Interesting... I think you're the third or fourth person to say this. That's funny because E.N.D is underrated in my opinion. I don't have Gray above Natsu nor do I have Natsu above Gray. But I have both of them above Laxus and we clearly won't agree on this.

Laxus on the other hand has to use his DS magic yet, especially now when he is healed. Red Lightning is seemingly just another property or whatever

I highly suspect that MBP in his body for a year did lower his attack power imo.
Well, I don't buy that translation/definition of Red Lightning as I've explained why in the past. I also don't buy the fact that the MBP's lowered Laxus' attack power. Nothing suggests it and Laxus seemed completely fine when he launched that nuke at Ajeel.

we should also take some words from August as well. he said that Ajeel would have died from Laxus' nuke. taking it with a grain of salt here, it should be fair to say moderate to high damage at least which is pretty big for non serious Laxus.
I don't take August's word for granted, especially after he hyped Larcade and was wrong about it. You can say I'm being bitter, but I will never solely rely on hype again. I will only consider it if feats or portrayal backs it up.

now that I think about, Gray's power up is/could be permanent because PoF is the main source of power in FT so its hard not to use it. pretty stupid for me to not use that because every Erza fight is filled with that, AKA she wouldn't have feats otherwise.
PoF is not a permanent power-up. Hence, I don't label it as PoF.

yeah, Laxus has higher durability and endurance. its not miles above but its higher.

and Jellal needs to use Altruis, Sema and Meteor as well.

the hype for Jellal and Laxus goes beyond Gray any day.

being stronger than those two is a pretty big deal here but you could be right.

MC are so wanked in this arc to the point where they are sometimes absurdly strong because.
I disagree. Laxus has yet to prove that he has higher durability and endurance. That was the past. Now, he needs to show that he can fight someone on E.N.D's level. Plus, Laxus needed rest and was hospitalized after his fight with Wahl + Hades' Historia. Meanwhile, Gray defeated Invel and fought E.N.D before passing out.

I agree Jellal also needs more feats but I still place him on Laxus' level.

Right now, there is no hype going for Jellal and Laxus. Jellal was stomped by August. Laxus hasn't done anything. If there is hype for anybody right now, it is E.N.D, Gray, and Erza.

Yeah, being stronger than Laxus and Jellal is a pretty big deal. I agree. And since Fairy Tail has already reached it's climax, I can see Hiro Mashima making Natsu and Gray stronger than top-tier characters in the past. After all, they are more relevant to the plot just like how Goku is the strongest in Dragon Ball (because he's the main character).
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,112
Age
36
Country
United States
He said he was immune to lightening so laxus cant do anything then lightening turn red
Then he couldn't analyze it
And he broke.

These is no overthinking here
He can't use something which he doesn't know. What is complicated
Only reason he is immune to lightening is because he use it.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Disagree on the first part, August is pretty much the most credible source possible when judging the power of a spell, and he thought it was a spriggan killer.

For the second part FDK Natus>Partial END imo, by a fair amount. Gray's attacks also werent really doing much, plus slayer advantage.

Gray was immune to Invel's ice, Invel outright stated it. Yes Gray was getting damaged, but its thanks to his ice resistant body that he was only receiving that level of damage

Considering Laxus was already hyped to kill Azir, i see Wahl dying to him par for the course.
I'll let you have the last word since we aren't going to agree. It was a pretty good discussion though. We just see things completely opposite.

At this point, I don't think anybody is credible. August has gone down very far down in my list (in terms of credibility) after he hyped Larcade for nothing. Like I said to another user, you can call me bitter, but that's the way it's going to be. I refuse to believe in just mere words unless they are backed up by feats/portrayal.

Again, we don't see eye to eye on FDKM Natsu and E.N.D, so I'll just leave it as that. All I will say is that slayer advantage doesn't help Gray tank a roar from E.N.D which is an incredible feat if you ask me.

Well in the page you posted, Invel clearly implies that Gray's immunity to ice won't help him here. It's the second bubble. So I don't see how Gray has an advantage, especially when Invel's ice negates immunity (due to its different properties). This isn't really much different from Laxus vs. Wahl. You seem to believe that immunity was never negated and it only prevented Wahl + Gray from being damaged further. I stick to my opinion that immunity was negated.
 

Am Shegar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
184
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
About slayers advantage effect on durability: Natsu was completely immune to normal fire (remember phantom lord arc), Silver was completely immune to normal ice. So Grays damage in Inbels fight was redused greatly. Without this advantage Gray would be frozen solid. And in fight with END, Gray had gemon slayer attack advantage and dodged almost all of Natsu punches. If Natsu would land one strong punch, Gray would be done.
 
Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
About slayers advantage effect on durability: Natsu was completely immune to normal fire, Silver was completely immune to normal ice. So Feats damaged in Inbels fight was redused greatly. Without this advantage Gray would be frozen solid.
Well, what you're referring to here is elemental advantage. I was referring to the E.N.D vs Gray fight when I talked about slayer advantage. Natsu and Silver aren't completely immune to fire and ice (respectively), but I understand what you mean. They are resistant.

Well, Invel implied that his ice would work on Gray and Gray admitted to it. So I don't really see any advantage here.
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
Top 10 strongest characters
1.Acnologia
2.Igneel
3.Zeref
4.August
5.Irene
6.End/Natsu
7.Larcade
8.Laxus
9.Darkness/Gray
10.Gildarts (Hype Probably even stronger but waiting for feats)

Honorable Mentions( Parent Dragons probably is par Zeref or stronger)
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Oh, well in that case, I don't see the need to argue. We won't agree in the slightest. Just curious, how strong do you think E.N.D is compared to Invel?
Invel gets defeated by FDKM Natsu and END if you ask me(no Ice Lock and Ice Slave). I don't rate END above FDKM just because it looks cool.



Interesting... I think you're the third or fourth person to say this. That's funny because E.N.D is underrated in my opinion. I don't have Gray above Natsu nor do I have Natsu above Gray. But I have both of them above Laxus and we clearly won't agree on this.
underrated and overrated.



Well, I don't buy that translation/definition of Red Lightning as I've explained why in the past. I also don't buy the fact that the MBP's lowered Laxus' attack power. Nothing suggests it and Laxus seemed completely fine when he launched that nuke at Ajeel.
its from the volume. it explains what it is and its called Mercury Fulminate: Red Lightning so yeah, its just another property. not really into chemistry :). MBP weakens people because I don't see MBP not affecting him AT ALL during the one year. he even had pain a night before he fought Wall. if you don't believe that MBP didn't hinder his attack power at least a bit and his durability then oh well...



I don't take August's word for granted, especially after he hyped Larcade and was wrong about it. You can say I'm being bitter, but I will never solely rely on hype again. I will only consider it if feats or portrayal backs it up.
as I said, we don't use August's words for granted. I said moderate damage at least not outright killing him.

I buy Gildarts's hype for fighting God Serena even though God Serena is supposed to be THE STRONGEST IN ISHGAR.


Slayer advantage only affects attack power. Durability is completely separate and we saw Gray tank a roar from E.N.D, so I don't see how that wouldn't be a huge deal. I disagree with your last sentence but I won't open up a whole different debate.
if you consider him above FDKM that is...



PoF is not a permanent power-up. Hence, I don't label it as PoF.
that's good. Erza is featless.



I disagree. Laxus has yet to prove that he has higher durability and endurance. That was the past. Now, he needs to show that he can fight someone on E.N.D's level. Plus, Laxus needed rest and was hospitalized after his fight with Wahl + Hades' Historia. Meanwhile, Gray defeated Invel and fought E.N.D before passing out.
if you put END above FDKM. we have Erza stopping Gray and Natsu and now she fights Irene lol. call it a PIS but she did it anyway. END's roar was pathetic.

Right now, there is no hype going for Jellal and Laxus. Jellal was stomped by August. Laxus hasn't done anything. If there is hype for anybody right now, it is E.N.D, Gray, and Erza.
I don't see that hype for Gray other than his trump card against Zeref which will unfortunately fail and super effectiveness against END.


Yeah, being stronger than Laxus and Jellal is a pretty big deal. I agree. And since Fairy Tail has already reached it's climax, I can see Hiro Mashima making Natsu and Gray stronger than top-tier characters in the past. After all, they are more relevant to the plot just like how Goku is the strongest in Dragon Ball (because he's the main character).
Goku wasn't the strongest during Cell arc and Majin Buu arc. he is not even the strongest in the current arc. he is basically a fodder.

I don't downgrade Gray. he is above Natsu anyway but partial END is weaker than FDKM.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
its from the volume. it explains what it is and its called Mercury Fulminate: Red Lightning so yeah, its just another property. not really into chemistry :). MBP weakens people because I don't see MBP not affecting him AT ALL during the one year. he even had pain a night before he fought Wall. if you don't believe that MBP didn't hinder his attack power at least a bit and his durability then oh well...
To be fair, that volume paragraph describes what Raiko means, but not what the spell Red Lightning does or if that lightning contains Mercury Fulminate.


As for MBP's, I tend to agree with you. As far as we know, MBP's are poison that eat ethernano. They don't start or stop, they just constantly work. Laxus had to live with it, and sometimes his body gave out. It was implied by Wall that being in this state meant Laxus was 'not human', probably thanks to the effects of being a dragon slayer. His MP was lessened, not sure by how much, being able to drop a nuke seemed easy to him. When Laxus was sick, one shot of the Railgun gave him around 30 seconds of fighting ability. Durability is lessened when you don't have MP (it's been implied, main time I recall it is when Laxus was hit by Hades) but not sure it matters much tbh. People do have physical toughness without MP. What does matter is that Laxus copped hits without guarding or trying to fight back. Gildarts was put down for a while because Bluenote was kicking him.

That said, it's possible others might get through a year with MBP's in their system as well. Still it's pretty obvious that this was used to keep Laxus down for a bit. Not because "he's so strong", but he could disrupt other battles. The same reason Gildarts only came back recently imo. It's just how Hiro wants to do it.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
To be fair, that volume paragraph describes what Raiko means, but not what the spell Red Lightning does or if that lightning contains Mercury Fulminate.


As for MBP's, I tend to agree with you. As far as we know, MBP's are poison that eat ethernano. They don't start or stop, they just constantly work. Laxus had to live with it, and sometimes his body gave out. It was implied by Wall that being in this state meant Laxus was 'not human', probably thanks to the effects of being a dragon slayer. His MP was lessened, not sure by how much, being able to drop a nuke seemed easy to him. When Laxus was sick, one shot of the Railgun gave him around 30 seconds of fighting ability. Durability is lessened when you don't have MP (it's been implied, main time I recall it is when Laxus was hit by Hades) but not sure it matters much tbh. People do have physical toughness without MP. What does matter is that Laxus copped hits without guarding or trying to fight back. Gildarts was put down for a while because Bluenote was kicking him.

That said, it's possible others might get through a year with MBP's in their system as well. Still it's pretty obvious that this was used to keep Laxus down for a bit. Not because "he's so strong", but he could disrupt other battles. The same reason Gildarts only came back recently imo. It's just how Hiro wants to do it.
true but I don't think they would just give us a chemistry lesson just for lolz :)

and yeah, Wall even said that he shouldn't be alive. this gives me a reason to believe, while Laxus looked ok, he was not at his 100%.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
FT ranking
1. Gildarts/ Laxus
2. Gray
3. Gajeel/Mirajane
4. Natsu
5. Erza
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
He said he was immune to lightening so laxus cant do anything then lightening turn red
Then he couldn't analyze it
And he broke.

These is no overthinking here
He can't use something which he doesn't know. What is complicated
Only reason he is immune to lightening is because he use it.
Nah, i just dont see it, there is simply too many dots that need to be connected to come up with this conclusion on a single read of the chapter.

Mashima's fights are really simple. Everything that is a factor in the fight is always pretty clearly displayed or explained, even things that are painfully obvious, Mashima likes to remind us anyway, this chapter does this a lot.
I'll go through em.
1. Laxus dying of MBPs. It was already establish in the chapter before that Laxus was having MBP attacks, yet Mashima makes it clear over and over again what is happening and that it was MBPs affecting him
2. Whal's Lightning Immunity. Despite already being established as lightning immune in his fight with Freed, Mashima still went to the trouble of reminding us of this fact several times in the chapter.
3. Laxus' immunity to lightning. We all know Laxus is immune to lightning, thats about as obvious as it gets, yet Mashima still went through the trouble of reminding us that yeah, Laxus is good against lightning attacks.
4. Whal being able to cancel MBPs. Whal being able to nullify them was a skill established in his introduction, but Mashima still went through the trouble of giving us a flashback to remind us that this was one of his abilities.

Looking at all this are you seriously trying to tell me that the only factor that Mashima didnt remind us of was the fact that Wahl used to be weak to lightning before he was immune to it? Something that was given no particular emphasis, and was established over 10 chapters prior? Mashima really thought this was the only factor he wouldnt remind his readers of?
Imo, that would be ridiculous, Wahl being vulnerable to Red Lightning is just too important a factor for Mashima to have left ambiguous, especially seeing as how he made everything else clear as day.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll let you have the last word here as well since we aren't going to agree. Haha.

Invel gets defeated by FDKM Natsu and END if you ask me(no Ice Lock and Ice Slave). I don't rate END above FDKM just because it looks cool.




underrated and overrated.
Fair enough.

its from the volume. it explains what it is and its called Mercury Fulminate: Red Lightning so yeah, its just another property. not really into chemistry :). MBP weakens people because I don't see MBP not affecting him AT ALL during the one year. he even had pain a night before he fought Wall. if you don't believe that MBP didn't hinder his attack power at least a bit and his durability then oh well...
Well, you have a point. But I personally don't buy it. Most people think of the MBP attack as something that gradually affects the victim over time. I see it differently. From my viewpoint, the MBP's only affected Laxus during certain time intervals. Basically, he was okay for the first half of the fight. But the moment Wahl transformed into Assault Mode, that is when he was weakened.





Think of it like a heart attack, panic attack, etc.

You'll probably ask me how I came to this conclusion. If you look at the last panel, Laxus says "Now of all times...! This damn body of mine...!". In my opinion, this statement implies that Laxus isn't always affected by MBP's. Hence, he was okay for the first part of the fight but not the second.

as I said, we don't use August's words for granted. I said moderate damage at least not outright killing him.

I buy Gildarts's hype for fighting God Serena even though God Serena is supposed to be THE STRONGEST IN ISHGAR.
Fair enough. But even "moderate damage" is an assumption. Just saying.

I don't see that hype for Gray other than his trump card against Zeref which will unfortunately fail and super effectiveness against END.
Well, Gray did tank E.N.D's attacks with ease (which has nothing to do with effectiveness). But if you don't think E.N.D is that strong, then we'll just have to disagree.

Goku wasn't the strongest during Cell arc and Majin Buu arc. he is not even the strongest in the current arc. he is basically a fodder.

I don't downgrade Gray. he is above Natsu anyway but partial END is weaker than FDKM.
Well, I only watched DBZ, so I can't comment on the current arc. You're probably right considering you keep up with the series. But my point is that Goku was pretty much the strongest character by the end of DBZ. Nobody could surpass him. Everytime someone went Super Saiyan 1, he had Super Saiyan 2. And when someone went Super Saiyan 2, he had Super Saiyan 3. The only time someone surpassed him was when Gohan learned Super Saiyan 2. Besides, Goku was the strongest character for the majority of the series. There may be characters who have surpassed him at one point but he was always superior in the end.
 
Top