Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,110
Reaction score
12,876
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Gildarts
Natsu
Laxus
Jellal
DES Gray/DF Gajeel/ WSM Sting


Waiting for Erza's fight to finish.
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Well since people only rate characters nowadays how about you start rating some attacks:

-FDKM roar
-Ice devils Zeroth destruction fist
-Nakagami starlight
-Grand chariot
-Empyrean
-White shadow dragon's rough silk
-Sherria's finisher on Dimaria (forgot its name)
-Laxus's nuke against Ajeel (Ik it's featless, but assume that it would have defeated Ajeel just like the very wise August said for the sake of ranking)
-DF Gajeel's finisher on Bradman
-Aqua Metria
-Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness+Eciture of Darkness:Severing shadow (Ichiya and Freed's combo that took down proxy Wahl)

This is for good guys only and I tried avoiding moves that would be difficult to rank (like red lightning).

Red lightening is his strongest move.It is below demon fist of gray but might be above nakagami.
Ok Hiro Mashima, wanna tell us some other things that no normal fan has a possibility of knowing?
Well, I only watched DBZ, so I can't comment on the current arc. You're probably right considering you keep up with the series. But my point is that Goku was pretty much the strongest character by the end of DBZ. Nobody could surpass him. Everytime someone went Super Saiyan 1, he had Super Saiyan 2. And when someone went Super Saiyan 2, he had Super Saiyan 3. The only time someone surpassed him was when Gohan learned Super Saiyan 2. Besides, Goku was the strongest character for the majority of the series. There may be characters who have surpassed him at one point but he was always superior in the end.
Lol, why is DBZ being brought into this? Yo Elite, do you watch Super? Cuz trust me, the things you're saying about Goku may be true for Z, but in Super I doubt he and Vegeta make top 10.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,112
Age
36
Country
United States
Well since people only rate characters nowadays how about you start rating some attacks:

-FDKM roar
-Ice devils Zeroth destruction fist
-Nakagami starlight
-Grand chariot
-Empyrean
-White shadow dragon's rough silk
-Sherria's finisher on Dimaria (forgot its name)
-Laxus's nuke against Ajeel (Ik it's featless, but assume that it would have defeated Ajeel just like the very wise August said for the sake of ranking)
-DF Gajeel's finisher on Bradman
-Aqua Metria
-Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness+Eciture of Darkness:Severing shadow (Ichiya and Freed's combo that took down proxy Wahl)

This is for good guys only and I tried avoiding moves that would be difficult to rank (like red lightning).


Ok Hiro Mashima, wanna tell us some other things that no normal fan has a possibility of knowing?


.
Sure i will tell you :)
Rough silk
ice devil fist
Fdkm roar/nakagami/grand chariot starry sky
Gajeel finisher
Laxus nuke
Aqua metria
Parfum

I will tell you another thing
You might never see laxus causal nuke again. Atleast till the final fight. Maybe not even. It will have to be scaled down
Laxus will also not use freed runes again

Natsu roar will only reach the bluenote level one at the end of fights or in the final
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well since people only rate characters nowadays how about you start rating some attacks:

-FDKM roar
-Ice devils Zeroth destruction fist
-Nakagami starlight
-Grand chariot
-Empyrean
-White shadow dragon's rough silk
-Sherria's finisher on Dimaria (forgot its name)
-Laxus's nuke against Ajeel (Ik it's featless, but assume that it would have defeated Ajeel just like the very wise August said for the sake of ranking)
-DF Gajeel's finisher on Bradman
-Aqua Metria
-Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness+Eciture of Darkness:Severing shadow (Ichiya and Freed's combo that took down proxy Wahl)
.
FDK Roar/Laxus nuke/Grand Chariot are all basically the same as Demolition Fist: Single hit attacks that would knock out a Spriggan from near full health.

Ice Devil's Destruction Fist is on the same level as the attacks I just mentioned, only difference being it's a multi-hit attack. A single hit doesn't knock out a Spriggan, but multiple hits would take one down.

Gajeel's physical attacks dealt lethal damage to Bloodman. I see each individual strike being roughly 80-90% of demolition fist. Unless Bloodman had terrible durability compared to the rest of the Spriggans, the overall damage of all of Gajeel's strikes makes this the most lethal attack. In turn, making Gajeel, the best physical brawler.

White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk has had a pretty good track record. I rank it higher than FDK demolition Fist and any attack of its equivalent because it took down Larcade, whom was special among the Spriggans. I'm not sure if I would classify it as a single or as multi-hit, but I doubt it matters given that every hit is instantaneous and omnidirectional.

Nakagami Starlight can be the finishing blow to knock out a heavily damaged Spriggan. I rank it lower than demolition fist and it's equivalent attacks.

Sheria's secret art can knock out a Spriggan, but Chelia has a slayer advantage. I'm putting this attack on the same level as Nakagami Starlight.

Aqua Metria is roughly equivalent to one of Historia Serena's attacks in what it can do.

Ichiya's + Freed's combo is not important enough for me to analyze.
 
Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol, why is DBZ being brought into this? Yo Elite, do you watch Super? Cuz trust me, the things you're saying about Goku may be true for Z, but in Super I doubt he and Vegeta make top 10.
I was just making a comparison to show that the main characters usually come out as the strongest beings in the series. Feel free to disagree but out of most animes/mangas I've watched or read, it turns out to be true.

And no, I don't follow Dragon Ball Super. I know that it is written by Akira Toriyama, but somehow, the series feels so different that it hasn't really caught my attention. I do here about it from time to time though... Like how "gods" exist and stuff... Anyways, to keep it short, I stopped following the DB series after DBZ (so that explains why I don't know much about the sequel).
 

Geralt of Rivia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
111
Age
29
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well since people only rate characters nowadays how about you start rating some attacks:

-FDKM roar
-Ice devils Zeroth destruction fist
-Nakagami starlight
-Grand chariot
-Empyrean
-White shadow dragon's rough silk
-Sherria's finisher on Dimaria (forgot its name)
-Laxus's nuke against Ajeel (Ik it's featless, but assume that it would have defeated Ajeel just like the very wise August said for the sake of ranking)
-DF Gajeel's finisher on Bradman
-Aqua Metria
-Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness+Eciture of Darkness:Severing shadow (Ichiya and Freed's combo that took down proxy Wahl)
1) DF Gajeel's finisher on Bloodman
2) WSD Rough Silk (against Larcade)
3) Empyrean
4) FDKM roar
5) Laxus's nuke
6) Ice Devils Zeroth Destruction Fist
7) Grand Chariot
8) Nakagami Starlight
9) Sherria's finisher on Dimaria
10) Ichiya and Freed's finisher
11) Aqua Metria

Had to think about that one.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Well since people only rate characters nowadays how about you start rating some attacks:

-FDKM roar
-Ice devils Zeroth destruction fist
-Nakagami starlight
-Grand chariot
-Empyrean
-White shadow dragon's rough silk
-Sherria's finisher on Dimaria (forgot its name)
-Laxus's nuke against Ajeel (Ik it's featless, but assume that it would have defeated Ajeel just like the very wise August said for the sake of ranking)
-DF Gajeel's finisher on Bradman
-Aqua Metria
-Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness+Eciture of Darkness:Severing shadow (Ichiya and Freed's combo that took down proxy Wahl)

This is for good guys only and I tried avoiding moves that would be difficult to rank (like red lightning).
Always those original ideas of yours to live up this thread again!!!!! Keep it up teebs.



Here we go:

1). Laxus' nuke
2). White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk
3). Aqua Metria
4). Heavenly Gathering of Clouds
5). FDK Roar
6). Grand Chariot
7). Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist
8). Empyrean
9). Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness x Eciture of Darkness: Severing Shadow
10). DF Gajeel's punch
11). Nakagami Starlight
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
1) Laxus' Nuke / FDKM Roar:

Both have pretty huge AoE, which is usually a pretty good indicator of power when it comes to these kinds of attacks. Normally I would put Laxus' nuke lower since it's featless but since we're considering August's hype here I'll put it up here. And FDKM Roar has similar if not more AoE so that's why I rank these two attacks around the same.

2) DF Gajeel's Punch:

Meh, I'm still a little skeptical about this considering its only feat is killing a Spriggan with unknown durability, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt here. Main reason why this is below FDKM Roar and Laxus' nuke is because while it's debatably stronger than those two, it lacks AoE which can make it easy to dodge.

3) Empyrean:

This is also an attack that lacks feats but since it's Gildarts I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as well.

4) Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist / Nakagami Starlight / WSD Rough Silk:

I put the first two together because both of them haven't shown to be capable of doing anything more than finishing off an already weakened Spriggan. Ajeel had just taken a Jupiter to the chest before Erza took him out and Invel already had the crap beat out of him before Gray finished him off. As for WSD Rough Silk, sure the one used against Larcade was pretty impressive but considering it was used with Rogue's MP I'd imagine it would be fairly less powerful with only Sting's power.

5) Heavenly Gathering of Clouds:

The only feat this has is taking out Dimaria but considering the fact that it had a huge Slayer advantage and that she had already sustained damage prior, I can't justify putting this any higher.

6) Grand Chariot:

All this did was blow up a ship and oneshot Neinhart, the guy who was later oneshot by Base Natsu's unnamed punch.

7) Aqua Metria:

Lucy was able to tank this. Not very impressive.

8) Ichiya's / Freed's whatever:

I literally don't remember what this even is LOL
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I agree with you @Daniel9dsi , at like 95%. I'm jjust unsure about Empyrean. I've always liked Gildartz and still think he's a top dog in FT, and that Empyrean has improved over the time skip, but i think Gildartz has more to show than this outdated spell. Imo Gray's Erza's and Rogue+Sting's top spells are more powerful than Empyrean. Just my opinion though, i'd just put it 4th instead of 3rd.

@BluePegasus I could understand your list eventhough i disagree, but there's one thing i don't understand. Why are you putting Aqua Metria so high in the list?
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
1). Laxus' nuke
2). White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk/Heavenly Gathering of Clouds(Third Origin is a top tier even if it was super effective against a Goddess)
3). FDK Demolition Fist
4). Empyrean/FDK Roar
5). Grand Chariot
6). Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist/Nakagami Starlight (hard to place it because Invel was already trashed beforehand and the same goes for Ajeel)
7). Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness x Eciture of Darkness: Severing Shadow
8). DF Gajeel's punch
9). Nakagami Starlight
10). Aqua Metria
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Well since people only rate characters nowadays how about you start rating some attacks:

-FDKM roar
-Ice devils Zeroth destruction fist
-Nakagami starlight
-Grand chariot
-Empyrean
-White shadow dragon's rough silk
-Sherria's finisher on Dimaria (forgot its name)
-Laxus's nuke against Ajeel (Ik it's featless, but assume that it would have defeated Ajeel just like the very wise August said for the sake of ranking)
-DF Gajeel's finisher on Bradman
-Aqua Metria
-Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness+Eciture of Darkness:Severing shadow (Ichiya and Freed's combo that took down proxy Wahl)

This is for good guys only and I tried avoiding moves that would be difficult to rank (like red lightning).


Ok Hiro Mashima, wanna tell us some other things that no normal fan has a possibility of knowing?


Lol, why is DBZ being brought into this? Yo Elite, do you watch Super? Cuz trust me, the things you're saying about Goku may be true for Z, but in Super I doubt he and Vegeta make top 10.
Oh this is a good one.

1.) White Shadow's Dragon's Rough Silk-

Assuming this is the same one used on Lacarde (amped by Lacarde's and Rouge's magic) this is easily first, the move took out the 3rd strongest Spirggan and before hand he was only moderately injured, it wasn't like he was badly battered or bruised before the move which means this move done the chunk damage need to put down Lacarde.

2.) DF Gajeel's finisher on Bradman-

The only reason this is above Gray's Zeroth Destruction Fist is purely because it killed Bradman while Gray only incapacitated Invel without killing or knocking him out.

3.) Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist-
This move itself took out one of the less scrubby Spriggan 12 and while it was used in a barrage I give it the benefit of the doubt over Laxus' nuke and Natsu's roar, I'll say the reasons for this once I get to their part.

4.) Laxus' nuke against Ajeel/ Natsu' FDKM roar-

Laxus' nuke against Ajeel is below Gray's finisher simply because I'm trying to be rational, personally, I think Laxus is stronger than Current Gray but not strong enough to the point where the strongest attack Gray has shown so far is weaker than an attack by a casual Laxus while under the effects of the MBP. While Natsu's move I assume is his Blaze Dragon King Roar being used while in his Blaze Dragon King Mode and not an ordinary roar being used in his Blaze Dragon King Mode? Because if I am mistaken move Natsu and everyone below him down one spot, if I am right this is tied with Laxus' nuke. I personally see the move taking out Ajeel in a similar way his Blaze Dragon King Mode's Blaze Dragon Destructive Fist took out Jacob. While I don't thnk Current Laxus is that much stronger than Current Natsu I think Natsu has more move up his sleeve.

5.) Empyrean-

Only this high because it's Gildart's only named move, it's best feat is taking the Historia version of God Serena who is much weaker than living version of himself. This move's ranking it only this high because it's Gildarts' move and I think Gildarts is hiding stronger moves for later down the line.

6,) Nakagami starlight-

This move took out a moderately injured Ajeel which isn't really as impressive as most of the moves above, it's that simple

7.) Grand Chariot-

While I personally believe this move is above Nakagami Starlight, heck I'd have it push Natsu and Laxus' attack down one spot simply because I don't think Laxus is that much stronger than Jellal to the point a no named attack from a casual and MBP ridden Laxus is stronger than one of Jellal's signature techinques. This attack his here because it took Neinhart and Neinhart from a durability standpoint is most likely the weakest Spirggan, only reason it's above Sherria's move is because of slaying advantage she had.


8.) Sherria's finisher on Dimaria-

Just like Erza's move it took out a Spirggan who was moderately injured but Sherria's magic was super effective against Dimria hence why I put this attack below Erza's because I don't think it'd take out a Spirggan like Ajeel without the handicap Dimaria had against her.




9.) Aqua Metria-

Because Lucy should be able to pack more of a punch than Fried and Ichiya naturally at this point in the story.

10.) Parfum of Power: Maximum Manliness+Eciture of Darkness:Severing shadow-

The move is alrigt but I just hd to give the benfifit of the doubt to Lucy.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
So Gajeel's "finisher" = the flurry of punches? Not the last punch?

If that's the case, then I'd put that on the same level as WSD Rough Silk. Both would be the most potent attacks. FDKM roar is probably at this level too, but I'll put it below since it has lesser feats.

Laxus' nuke is probably not as potent the above attacks, but it's AoE and range make it impressive. I put it on the same level as Gray's Destruction Fist... Invel was already hurt and Gray was in base. Meanwhile Laxus' nuke was a oneshot candidate, but has no feats against an opponent. If it can severely damage Ajeel, then it can produce the same outcome as Destruction Fist. Though I can agree that Gray's move should be stronger, from a logical stance.

  1. DF Gajeel's onslaught/WSD Rough Silk (w/Rogue's MP)
  2. FDKM Roar
  3. Empyrean (employed as a finisher)
  4. Destruction Fist (w/Invel's Ice, in base only) / Laxus' nuke/Grand Chariot
  5. Nakagami Starlight
  6. Sherria's Finisher
  7. Aqua Metria
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Glad so many dudes are ranking the attacks I'm using. Also, just for clarification, when I'm talking about Gajeel and Gray's finisher I'm talking about the barrage of punches they used to finish their opponents off, not just the last hit.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The PL thread is precisely a mess now because fans have fabricated numerous, ultimately meaningless, methods to work out how PL works in FT series as they attempt figure out how Mashima thinks. Many have given up on that thread now because their eyes are open to the colossal mess that is placing a PL on FT characters. It simply doesn't work.
I strongly disagree.

The methods that other users have used make a lot of sense. Yes, our terms aren't explicitly stated in the manga. But there is a clear difference in power between certain characters, am I right? And saying one character is stronger than the other doesn't cut it. Why? Because exactly how are they stronger? This is where Attack Power, Defense, Speed, Magic Power, and the other stats come in. I'll admit that it's not always clear-cut but powerscaling also exists. Plus, we have to realize that nobody is perfect. Some of us will get it wrong at one point or another. Just like how some are more biased than others. But by reading the opinions of different people and looking at a situation from another perspective, it should make a lot more sense.

Let's be honest here, apart from Dragon Ball, there aren't that many series that clearly defines power levels. Fairy Tail may be the worst and that is because Hiro Mashima obviously doesn't put much emphasis on this. He cares more about plot and the meaning of the story.

This leads me to my next point. None of us are trying to figure out (or second guess) what Hiro Mashima thinks. In fact, I don't even know if he thinks about power levels at all... The fact is that everyone is posting their opinion on how they think the power levels work. In other words, which character is stronger than the other. And like I said, nobody is 100% correct.

Anyways, my point is that this thread isn't really a mess at all. What makes it a mess is when people favor one character over the other which leads to overhyping certain characters and downplaying others.

I get it. There are many inconsistencies in this manga. But there is a way around that. Ignore it. The question is which feats do you ignore? This is where I get a lot of heat and criticism from other members. Many think that I choose what to ignore. But the truth is I don't. I always take the first feat into consideration (because that is the character's first appearance). Anything afterwards should exemplify it. Sure, I get it that characters get stronger during a fight (because they gradually reach full-power). But whatever the case may be, it shouldn't be drastically different...
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I was just wondering how much a Slaying advantage allows you to cover an immense gap of power.


We now Gray could give a good fight to Partial END due to Slaying advantages.But Partial END is much stronger than Demonised Gray.



There are many instances of it.


One such example is Brandish's Command T Magic.We know that her magic could affect Gray



But as we know again that when Brandish tried to do the same magic on Natsu she failed because Partial END's power far surpasses her.


So this very well proves that Partial END is much stronger than Gray.It is only Gray's Slaying advantage that allowed him to fight him.

@SirSamuel016 what do you think about this?
 
Last edited:

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
I was just wondering how much a Slaying advantage allows you to cover an immense gap of power.


We now Gray could give a good fight to Partial END duw to Slaying advantages.But Partial END is much stronger than Demonised Gray.



There are many instances of it.


One such example is Brandish's Command T Magic.We know that her magic could affect Gray



But as we know again that when Brandish tried to do the same magic on Natsu she failed because Partial END's power far surpasses her.


So this very well proves that Partial END is much stronger than Gray.It is only Gray's Slaying advantage that allowed him to fight him.

@SirSamuel016 what do you think about this?
Covers an enormous gap, it puts people like GMG Wendy above GMG Mirajane and people like Tartaros Gray above Tartaros Natsu, Sting and Rogue combined
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Partial end isn't stronger than gray they were equals all the time they fought..c'mon now.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
Partial end isn't stronger than gray they were equals all the time they fought..c'mon now.
I think you're missing the point...they were only equals in battle because Gray had slayer advantage.
 
Top