Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 322 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 42 50.6%

• Total voters

PeanutButterJelly

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Stating doesn't account for the fact that feat-wise, it's still done for off-guard sneak attack purposes.
Which brings me to the point that it doesn't have the feats or power scale to be used for characters on their guards.
And the other it's not a confirmation that it doesn't work on characters on-guard either. . .

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
And the other it's not a confirmation that it doesn't work on characters on-guard either. . .
So if both statements cancel each other out, it means we go by feats.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Natsu' feats barely puts him on Gajeel level lol. he gets lolstomped by Gildarts and Laxus.

and his fight against Zeref will be BS. how the fuck can he jump from needing his strongest mode to beat the second weakest Spriggan when it comes to durability(Jacob)to giving Zeref a mid - high diff fight???

oh yeah, because MY NAKAMA!!!!

some Zenkai boost LMAO.

if that happens then I'm gonna seriously drop FT.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu' feats barely puts him on Gajeel level lol. he gets lolstomped by Gildarts and Laxus.

and his fight against Zeref will be BS. how the fuck can he jump from needing his strongest mode to beat the second weakest Spriggan when it comes to durability(Jacob)to giving Zeref a mid - high diff fight???

oh yeah, because MY NAKAMA!!!!

some Zenkai boost LMAO.

if that happens then I'm gonna seriously drop FT.
I've already explained why I think Natsu hasn't shown the full extent of what he can do in FDK mode. It only took one hit in FDK spell to take down Jacob. You act like Natsu exhausted himself afterwards. No, instead what he did was go on to fight August, where he cancelled out the melt nuke. How is this not a feat worthy of putting him on Laxus' level?

Yes, power of feelings will play a part in this. You act as if the other characters haven't gotten stronger because of power of feelings, and Natsu is the only one. We've seen Erza perform better against Irene than she did against Ajeel. We've seen Gray perform better against Invel after he got an emotional boost from thinking Juvia dead. We've seen Lucy perform better than she has ever done before when Natsu's life was on the line. It's like people don't realize that all the fights in this series are written by Hiro, and that he uses basically the same writing style in most of his fights.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
All we know so far is that Irene/August => White Dragneel > enhanced summoner > every other S12. Anyway thing else is speculation.

We also know that Natsu > every FT. Speaking of every FT, Erza > Gray, Jellal, Laxus and such. Also, Gildarts is a lesser character that had grown old, and so far he's quite beneath Erza as well.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
All we know so far is that Irene/August => White Dragneel > enhanced summoner > every other S12. Anyway thing else is speculation.

We also know that Natsu > every FT. Speaking of every FT, Erza > Gray, Jellal, Laxus and such. Also, Gildarts is a lesser character that had grown old, and so far he's quite beneath Erza as well.
No, Just no.

I think Gildarts and Laxus are top 10. Why am I saying this you ask? Just so my comment doesn't get deleted for being a one liner.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
No, Just no.

I think Gildarts and Laxus are top 10. Why am I saying this you ask? Just so my comment doesn't get deleted for being a one liner.
You can say No until you've run out of breath to say No; doesn't change a thing I've said.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Spoilers reveal that Acnologia > Irene's corpse
I wouldn't give Acnologia that much credit for this feat. If it was Erza's corpse, it would fight back and give him a run for his money for threatening her fairies :blush
Erza > Irene

Last edited by a moderator:

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My "assumption" that it works as a regular attack is the same as yours that it doesn't.
Feats is the greatest gauge to determine a person's spell for being effective, and so far he hasn't shown it

Just concede already. You have nothing else to bring to the table.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Makarov may have been attacking the Berserkers exclusively, not spriggans.
Ridiculous to you, not me. I've already given evidence to support why. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant to me.
your evidence doesn't work if he selectively attacked the berserkers and not Irene or august......
That's how the spell worked.... and from what I saw Irene and august weren't in the range of the blast
Irene was near zeref at the guild and august was too far....

macarov only targeted the berserkers hence this page

Thats' why only the berserkers were taken out and not the spriggan being hit......

It makes sense.... according to cannon

Xzilerate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
your evidence doesn't work if he selectively attacked the berserkers and not Irene or august......
That's how the spell worked.... and from what I saw Irene and august weren't in the range of the blast
Irene was near zeref at the guild and august was too far....

macarov only targeted the berserkers hence this page

Thats' why only the berserkers were taken out and not the spriggan being hit......

It makes sense.... according to cannon
No it's not. The spell works by destroying whoever the caster sees as their enemy. Makarov sees all of Alvarez as the enemy, Spriggan included. Suggesting he saw just the soldiers and not the Spriggan as enemies is laughable.

And August and Irene most certainly were within the spells range. It covered the entire area, the guild included.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not all spells scale with magic power. Mavis said that Cana had high magic power, that she could use it. There's a minimum amount required to give the spell its worth. It would have the same effect in Gildart's hands. Maybe Gildarts would have enough magic power to cast 2 or 3 or more in succession, but it probably wouldn't make a difference in each instance.
Some spells scale with magic power, some don't. Dragon roars and magic infused punches definitely scale, but they might not be as efficient as a high rank spell.
Mashima doesn't give two shits about explaining anything in detail so arguing which spells scale better or which spells don't scale at all is kinda pointless though.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
No it's not. The spell works by destroying whoever the caster sees as their enemy. Makarov sees all of Alvarez as the enemy, Spriggan included. Suggesting he saw just the soldiers and not the Spriggan as enemies is laughable.
but he ddnt target them did he? moot point is moot..... caster ddnt see the spriggan....he targeted the beserkers not spriggan.....

not once did he mention all of alvarez.....just the beserkers

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
but he ddnt target them did he? moot point is moot..... caster ddnt see the spriggan....he targeted the beserkers not spriggan.....

not once did he mention all of alvarez.....

He doesn't need to see them. He didn't see all of the berserkers.

He also didn't see all the phantom lord shades when he first cast it. Everything that gets hit by that light is affected.

Xzilerate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The user doesn't target anything. FL is a spell that's cast based on the users heart. It's the exact reason why Laxus' FL failed. Despite targeting everyone in Magnolia with it, his heart said otherwise. Makarov's target was the enemy, which consisted of the soldiers and the Spriggan. He doesn't need to see them to target them. Anything enveloped in the light is hit with it.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
The user doesn't target anything. FL is a spell that's cast based on the users heart. It's the exact reason why Laxus' FL failed. Despite targeting everyone in Magnolia with it, his heart said otherwise. Makarov's target was the enemy, which consisted of the soldiers and the Spriggan. He doesn't need to see them to target them. Anything enveloped in the light is hit with it.
ok then what was in macarov's heart during that time? THIS

The point stands that in his heart he selected the beserkers as is enemy hence their the targets...
the end