• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seven777

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
but "because she's Erza" only happened in second last major arc. you might be right though

no i dont believe everything. just making a point

o mary sue topic. nearly every good guy in fairy tail is some sort of mary sue, including erza. but erza has soo many defeats under her belt, she doesnt qualify anymore. laxus doesnt, thus pointing towards him more than anyone else.
laxus is not poor writing for being OP. i reserve that for seven deadly sin escanar and maliodas.
its just he should struggle in the final arc atleast. this is more of a springgan problem than laxus. lol ajeel could only handle erza, because he could hide from her. talk about under hyping your villains

i think erza and laxus were always around each other. laxus could have been slightly stronger. but their roles are different. erza is one of the main. she has to struggle in every arc, and has to use fairy tail nakama theme almost every time, otherwise removing her from final boss fight becomes tricky (heaven arc, ff arc, OS arc). laxus is secondary, to almost irrelevant. he needs to show his power, which is far above natsu. he gets small number of panels to do it.

pre ts erza feats are better than pre ts laxus.
1. she has speed feat near equal to racer and jellal, laxus doesnt
2. she has defense feat near or above jura, laxus doesnt
3. she has power feats above laxus too (i know you are gonna say WHAT)

but at the end that is not because erza is above laxus, she is the main, that why she has more feats. remember jura fight. laxus barely gets any feats from it because its off panel. meanwhile kagura is hitting at jupiter cannon tier. and then loses to tenrou erza. we saying gmg laxus can hit above kagura is our own opinion.

i mean tenrou arc
erza is involved in four conflicts. gildarts in only two. sure bluenote is stronger. but tenrou azuma was more near erza than bluenote was near gildarts. more portion of erza mps should have been used. and yet gildarts is the one who cant move. i can say here, that erza has more stamina than gildarts. feat wise that is true. but this only happening because of plot, nothing more.

if you want me to explain how erza feats are better. well pre ts laxus only has two fights under him. where will get speed feat, from hades fight, that is not a fair comparison. erza in base is faster than natsu, with soaring armor she is around racer. saying jellal is faster than her is just headcannon. because manga never shows it, or even hints at it. all laxus got is his feats from hades.

as i said before, laxus doesnt have defensive magic

now power feat. you see, erza is portrayed far above natsu. whether through statement or feats. her opponents are same. good example would be midnight and cobra. laxus only has power feat of taking natsu tier out. erza has feats of taking those people out, who have been clearly shown to be stronger than natsu opponents. and judging by erza fighting style, they normally lose to one or two strikes from erza.
you can make a claim that natsu has higher durability than erza opponents, but then we are back to tenrou erza having much larger stamina than even gildarts. in other words plot

let me give you another example. in gmg
minerva told her team not to approach jura and kagura.
that clearly shows kagura being far above from the likes of rufus and ogra. and yet kagura lost to tenrou erza. (can you imagine the gap between rufus and SO erza)
in other words tenoru erza can hit around jupiter tier cannon. laxus strongest move had the hype of killing natsu in his weakened state.

only feat i can give to laxus is his durability feat. taking two roars together. that is all

but i do know, laxus is secondary character and erza is a main. thus those feats arent all that
so
ff laxus>=ff erza
is perfectly fine
marakrov said natsu, if he released his true power, could beat laxus (pof or df).
markraov did not say the same for erza.
so i think my position is correct. even now. when laxus vs erza was about to happen. no editor note came of how erza could possibly beat laxus. laxus being above erza has never been cannon. and erza only admitted that laxus is stronger than her now.
why go through all this, if laxus was always supposed to be far above erza
(that is why i enjoy talking about this soo much, you people who have no feats have to do so much mental gymnastic to come to conclusion here, i mean you can say its kinda of portrayed, which isnt exactly wrong, but going to length to ignore actual manga for one pride)
Being defeated don't stop you from qualifying as a Mary Sue, it doesn't really even detract from it. Natsu is a bigger Mary Sue than anyone in the manga, he also gets his ass kicked more than everyone.

1. Blitzing Hades>>Dodging an attack from Racer
2. How is Erza's defense around Jura? Unless you talking preskip Jura
3. Two shotting Gajeel=Anything Erza has done

Gildarts spent the entire time Erza fought Azuma getting the shit kicked out of him by Bluenote, without magic. There is no believable way Erza got more injured by Azuma than Gildarts did by Bluenote, tbh if it wasn't for plot he'd be dead.
Natsu has more durability than any villain bar final bosses, as does Erza.

There's no real mental gymnastics needed, the portrayal is pretty straightforward, that's why everyone by default assumes it's this way.
Laxus was portrayed as a monster during his original arc, to the point where he might be able to take on Makarov, to the point where just him and his cronies were a threat to the guild.
He was then portrayed as a monster against Hades, reminding him of Prime Makarov, amazing Erza and doing better than the entirety of team Natsu combined(ya, I know, injuries, but the portrayal was clearly there).
Then in the next arc he was likened to Gildarts by Gray as the two members of the guild so powerful that they didn't need to train to keep up with current powerlevels.
He then went on to defeat the wizard who was hyped to be able to take on Erza and Mirajane combined.
He then went on to make mince meat of a Demon Gate, not something any character other than DeS Gray was capable of doing.
He then went on to be hyped to be able to oneshot Ajeel, and then killed Wahl while dying of magic cancer, which as you said, made him look ridiculously OP.
If you want to go deep analysis on the manga and say that in terms of feats, he aint that much better than Erza, then fine, sure, like you said she is a main character, but theres no denying that the general portrayal of Laxus' power is straight up superior(his feats are still killer too).

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Being defeated don't stop you from qualifying as a Mary Sue, it doesn't really even detract from it. Natsu is a bigger Mary Sue than anyone in the manga, he also gets his ass kicked more than everyone.

1. Blitzing Hades>>Dodging an attack from Racer
2. How is Erza's defense around Jura? Unless you talking preskip Jura
3. Two shotting Gajeel=Anything Erza has done

Gildarts spent the entire time Erza fought Azuma getting the shit kicked out of him by Bluenote, without magic. There is no believable way Erza got more injured by Azuma than Gildarts did by Bluenote, tbh if it wasn't for plot he'd be dead.
Natsu has more durability than any villain bar final bosses, as does Erza.

There's no real mental gymnastics needed, the portrayal is pretty straightforward, that's why everyone by default assumes it's this way.
Laxus was portrayed as a monster during his original arc, to the point where he might be able to take on Makarov, to the point where just him and his cronies were a threat to the guild.
He was then portrayed as a monster against Hades, reminding him of Prime Makarov, amazing Erza and doing better than the entirety of team Natsu combined(ya, I know, injuries, but the portrayal was clearly there).
Then in the next arc he was likened to Gildarts by Gray as the two members of the guild so powerful that they didn't need to train to keep up with current powerlevels.
He then went on to defeat the wizard who was hyped to be able to take on Erza and Mirajane combined.
He then went on to make mince meat of a Demon Gate, not something any character other than DeS Gray was capable of doing.
He then went on to be hyped to be able to oneshot Ajeel, and then killed Wahl while dying of magic cancer, which as you said, made him look ridiculously OP.
If you want to go deep analysis on the manga and say that in terms of feats, he aint that much better than Erza, then fine, sure, like you said she is a main character, but theres no denying that the general portrayal of Laxus' power is straight up superior(his feats are still killer too).
i am not arguing with you here man

but hades example isnt fair. technically i think laxus would have given hades a solid mid diff fight. beside laxus couldnt dodge 25 formula, markarov could block it. and markrov couldnt follow kagura and erza strike. so no huge gap even here

yep, pre skip jura, someone who was around pre skip erza

two shotting gajeel above jupiter cannon tier slash, i dont know man

bluenote didnt use magic against gildarts. i wonder who was bandaged more at the end erza or gildarts? of course we shouldnt even be having this conversation since gildarts is so far above erza. but because of plot one can make an argument (and good guys dont die, with or without magic)

no, thats plot. natsu doesnt have more durability. this is plot. this argument will eventually lead to tenrou erza stamina being above gildarts, and lucy durability being above many of natsu opponents

yes, laxus was portrayed as a monster. wasnt erza also portrayed as a monster. look mishma had clear chance to show laxus superiority above erza in ff arc. he didnt. instead we got s class test where all s class mages were to handle two non s class mages, and were told to hold back. something laxus did in ff arc. marakrov seems to think even mira would have been able handle natsu and non s class candidate.

he wasnt portrayed as a monster in tenrou arc. he lasted five seconds against hades. laxus power wasnt even shown here. only awesome thing he did was tank 25 formula, which we and erza later found out he didnt.
this is interesting, because erza was the mage who was actually shown to compete in this tournament without training or power up. gray would later say erza already had SO.
and minerva didnt even remember laxus when telling her team mates not to fight jura and kagura

how do you know erza wouldnt have beaten temspster like that. this is a good example of less panel but must show laxus as powerful.

He then went on to be hyped to be able to oneshot Ajeel, and then killed Wahl while dying of magic cancer, which as you said, made him look ridiculously OP
i think ajeel hype was so that we could see laxus was above likes of gajeel.
dying of cancer and beating wahl is bs. it is equivalent of erza beating koyoka without senses.

laxus portrayal can be said to be slightly above erza. not far above. but certainly ignoring erza portrayal above natsu for laxus portrayal is literally mental gymnastic.

erza vs irene and laxus vs wahl showed some people laxus>=erza
but erza vs kagura and minirva didnt show erza anywhere near laxus
(rufus was told not to fight kagura, and kagura lost to tenrou level erza. SO erza vs rufus would have been a worst stomp than even red lightening laxus vs wahl)

people see what they want to see at the end. that is why alverzec erza wasnt said to be tiers above laxus. yet gmg laxus was said to be tier above erza
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

just so you know that i'm not a laxus fan nor any other character i watch FT cuase i like it and also i'm from the ones who hated laxus and mira hype at first and debated it.

i wrote what i wanted so i'm going to resbonse to this point only, you say that erza fought azuma and lissana+juvia before hades but you didn't mention that laxus before fighting erza had a fight with kyria(who gave erza a tough time) and destory her with a secret art, see this contradiction you make here that's the problem here with every fan of a character he only takes what benefits his fav and become blind to other characters.
nope i dont do that
you can ask laxus fan @Laxus pwns natsu
he asked me what i really believed, i told him something along these lines
not fresh laxus after beating kiria>erza who was holding back for some part of the fight

i always try to to be fair, which sometimes makes me give more benefit to laxus

Last edited:

ald7mi_99

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
i am not arguing with you here man

but hades example isnt fair. technically i think laxus would have given hades a solid mid diff fight. beside laxus couldnt dodge 25 formula, markarov could block it. and markrov couldnt follow kagura and erza strike. so no huge gap even here

yep, pre skip jura, someone who was around pre skip erza

two shotting gajeel above jupiter cannon tier slash, i dont know man

bluenote didnt use magic against gildarts. i wonder who was bandaged more at the end erza or gildarts? of course we shouldnt even be having this conversation since gildarts is so far above erza. but because of plot one can make an argument (and good guys dont die, with or without magic)

no, thats plot. natsu doesnt have more durability. this is plot. this argument will eventually lead to tenrou erza stamina being above gildarts, and lucy durability being above many of natsu opponents

yes, laxus was portrayed as a monster. wasnt erza also portrayed as a monster. look mishma had clear chance to show laxus superiority above erza in ff arc. he didnt. instead we got s class test where all s class mages were to handle two non s class mages, and were told to hold back. something laxus did in ff arc. marakrov seems to think even mira would have been able handle natsu and non s class candidate.

he wasnt portrayed as a monster in tenrou arc. he lasted five seconds against hades. laxus power wasnt even shown here. only awesome thing he did was tank 25 formula, which we and erza later found out he didnt.
this is interesting, because erza was the mage who was actually shown to compete in this tournament without training or power up. gray would later say erza already had SO.
and minerva didnt even remember laxus when telling her team mates not to fight jura and kagura

how do you know erza wouldnt have beaten temspster like that. this is a good example of less panel but must show laxus as powerful.

He then went on to be hyped to be able to oneshot Ajeel, and then killed Wahl while dying of magic cancer, which as you said, made him look ridiculously OP
i think ajeel hype was so that we could see laxus was above likes of gajeel.
dying of cancer and beating wahl is bs. it is equivalent of erza beating koyoka without senses.

laxus portrayal can be said to be slightly above erza. not far above. but certainly ignoring erza portrayal above natsu for laxus portrayal is literally mental gymnastic.

erza vs irene and laxus vs wahl showed some people laxus>=erza
but erza vs kagura and minirva didnt show erza anywhere near laxus
(rufus was told not to fight kagura, and kagura lost to tenrou level erza. SO erza vs rufus would have been a worst stomp than even red lightening laxus vs wahl)

people see what they want to see at the end. that is why alverzec erza wasnt said to be tiers above laxus. yet gmg laxus was said to be tier above erza

nope i dont do that
you can ask laxus fan @Laxus pwns natsu
he asked me what i really believed, i told him something along these lines
not fresh laxus after beating kiria>erza who was holding back for some part of the fight

i always try to to be fair, which sometimes makes me give more benefit to laxus
you think you do but you don't you even said that erza tenru>gildarts tenru which mean that she is >bluenote too in tenru not just laxus you are putting her above bluenote and gild which they >>> erza, you are biased to erza just like laxus fans are biased to laxus there is no different.

see this what is this kind of power scaling not fresh laxus>holding back erza??? in general if laxus didn't fought kyria the fight with erza wouldn't be a double KO it's going to be high-diff for laxus.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
you think you do but you don't you even said that erza tenru>gildarts tenru which mean that she is >bluenote too in tenru not just laxus you are putting her above bluenote and gild which they >>> erza, you are biased to erza just like laxus fans are biased to laxus there is no different.

see this what is this kind of power scaling not fresh laxus>holding back erza??? in general if laxus didn't fought kyria the fight with erza wouldn't be a double KO it's going to be high-diff for laxus.
we dont know, what would happen if laxus didnt fight kiria and erza didnt hold back. this would be just your opinion against mine. so my power scaling is cannon.

i was making a point.
saying tenrou erza > tenrou gildarts is good example of wanking
my point was just that, gildarts cant even move, erza has been fighting for longer and is most likely more injured. and this erza laxus fans love to use to compare fresh laxus to
i oblviously dont believe tenrou erza is above gildarts

did this rile you up?

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
we dont know, what would happen if laxus didnt fight kiria and erza didnt hold back. this would be just your opinion against mine. so my power scaling is cannon.

i was making a point.
saying tenrou erza > tenrou gildarts is good example of wanking
my point was just that, gildarts cant even move, erza has been fighting for longer and is most likely more injured. and this erza laxus fans love to use to compare fresh laxus to
i oblviously dont believe tenrou erza is above gildarts

did this rile you up?
he casted a secret art that was enough to put jura down at that time, so what will happen that laxus would have enough magical power to cast another spells and wouldn't faint too, and erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight she became serious and couldn't put down a not fresh laxus.

ohh ok, but i will just say that azuma absorbing gildarts magic affected him and he also was fighting bluenote who is>>>anyone in tenru except hades and maybe makarov.

i wouldn't say that i was riled i just wanted to respond

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
he casted a secret art that was enough to put jura down at that time, so what will happen that laxus would have enough magical power to cast another spells and wouldn't faint too, and erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight she became serious and couldn't put down a not fresh laxus.

ohh ok, but i will just say that azuma absorbing gildarts magic affected him and he also was fighting bluenote who is>>>anyone in tenru except hades and maybe makarov.

i wouldn't say that i was riled i just wanted to respond
yeah i know bluenote was far above others

it really depends. erza was holding back, and laxus wasnt fresh. both were factors. which one was bigger who knows.

personally i think laxus will now be used as hype tool, most likely for erza. mishma normally never let secondary character outshine main, atleast not for too long

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
yeah i know bluenote was far above others

it really depends. erza was holding back, and laxus wasnt fresh. both were factors. which one was bigger who knows.

personally i think laxus will now be used as hype tool, most likely for erza. mishma normally never let secondary character outshine main, atleast not for too long
but erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight.

yeah me too at the end of this sequel i think all the main character are going to be stronger than the secondary character except maybe lucy and wendy.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
but erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight.

yeah me too at the end of this sequel i think all the main character are going to be stronger than the secondary character except maybe lucy and wendy.
but laxus got hits on her when she was holding back. that is when laxus was dominating her. you think that part didnt play any role in erza defeat?

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
but laxus got hits on her when she was holding back. that is when laxus was dominating her. you think that part didnt play any role in erza defeat?
no it didn't erza is a tank she took all the hits before and after and actully both are tank and they fainted becuase they spend all of their magical power not because of their attacks so i think it didn't play any role

Ronin31

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight she became serious and couldn't put down a not fresh laxus.
Ok Laxus wasn't fresh anymore but Erza wasn't also the same. While holding back, she took massive injuries and used high amount of MP invoking "High Enchant" to give a blow without going all strength (Laxus was aware of that after collapsing for 2seconds. If not, why asking Erza to stop holding back ? He is aware that she is not fighting to kill a friend with a fatal blow).

Both used vast amount of MP during first exchange and Erza took more injuries due to her hold back, while Laxus was 100% strength.

You think she was going all out in the 2nd part, but Laxus continued using his Red Lightning full power and Erza stopped using Enchanted Swords to a mismatch (Raiko vs Blumenblatt). So, in another way, to stop using buff is not still holding back max strength ? If she was not afraid to kill him with all her might + Buff, why stopping enchants when she was ready to go all out ?

Laxus used MP before with Kyria. 1 Handicap.
Erza used MP for enchants but held back the impact (damage << MP invoke : it is the same way as Laxus using vast MP to invoke Fairy Law with no effect). 1 Handicap. Then, stopped using Buff to withdraw Laxus's buff. 1 Handicap again.

For me, Laxus barely win a holding back Erza : 1 handicap to 2.

As I see the fight, Laxus (red lightning) >=< Erza (no enchants) :
- Could Laxus stay conscious against a 100% fatal enchanted attack (Fire & Ice) ? Perhaps...
- With no MP drain for enchanted buff, shouldn't Erza had more MP than Laxus ? They were even in strength and stopped at the same time low magic.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait so y’all thought laxus was trying to kill erza?

again @sharkai u keep contradicting urself u beleive that Laxus>erza now ur saying opposite u keep flip flopping

Last edited:

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ok Laxus wasn't fresh anymore but Erza wasn't also the same. While holding back, she took massive injuries and used high amount of MP invoking "High Enchant" to give a blow without going all strength (Laxus was aware of that after collapsing for 2seconds. If not, why asking Erza to stop holding back ? He is aware that she is not fighting to kill a friend with a fatal blow).

Both used vast amount of MP during first exchange and Erza took more injuries due to her hold back, while Laxus was 100% strength.

You think she was going all out in the 2nd part, but Laxus continued using his Red Lightning full power and Erza stopped using Enchanted Swords to a mismatch (Raiko vs Blumenblatt). So, in another way, to stop using buff is not still holding back max strength ? If she was not afraid to kill him with all her might + Buff, why stopping enchants when she was ready to go all out ?

Laxus used MP before with Kyria. 1 Handicap.
Erza used MP for enchants but held back the impact (damage << MP invoke : it is the same way as Laxus using vast MP to invoke Fairy Law with no effect). 1 Handicap. Then, stopped using Buff to withdraw Laxus's buff. 1 Handicap again.

For me, Laxus barely win a holding back Erza : 1 handicap to 2.

As I see the fight, Laxus (red lightning) >=< Erza (no enchants) :
- Could Laxus stay conscious against a 100% fatal enchanted attack (Fire & Ice) ? Perhaps...
- With no MP drain for enchanted buff, shouldn't Erza had more MP than Laxus ? They were even in strength and stopped at the same time low magic.
the fight ened in a double ko but laxus still superior cuase he fought kyria who gave erza a tough battle and beated her.

this debate start to get boring so let's just change it, so guys where do you rates aldoron the seed and his other seeds at from what has been shown?

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so guys where do you rates aldoron the seed and his other seeds at from what has been shown?
Wolven would be a high spriggan tier.

GS is above any spriggan

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
the fight ened in a double ko but laxus still superior cuase he fought kyria who gave erza a tough battle and beated her.

this debate start to get boring so let's just change it, so guys where do you rates aldoron the seed and his other seeds at from what has been shown?
I would argue at least Spriggan tier. Most were low though.

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Wolven would be a high spriggan tier.

GS is above any spriggan
agreed in GS aldoron, wolven imo above any spriggan too since he could copy zeref, gears and metro are low spriggan tier doom he was just hax he isn't even above wendy.

I would argue at least Spriggan tier. Most were low though.
GS aldoron and wolven are above any spriggan doom is a fodder the other two are low spriggan tier.

Last edited:

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
where would you place gears? imo he’s low spriggan
He was besting Jellal and gave him a tough fight. He's like GS level.

agreed in GS, wolven imo above any spriggan too since he could copy zeref, gears and metro are low spriggan tier doom he was just hax he isn't even above wendy.

GS and wolven are above any spriggan doom is a fodder the other two are low spriggan tier.
I don't know if he retains those he copies. If that's the case then yea he's above, if not, he'd be there with August and Irene.