I suppose you're right about the "hax" part. Yea, Nakagami can probably get around refraction.
Ehh, we just have to disagree on that lol. We'll just keep going on circles regarding base August's cqc. Anyway, if you agree that August is at least Gildarts level in CQC, adding meteor to it would make it incredibly hard to land blows on him, considering Gildarts himself is fast AF. And this is not even considering he has at least one more speed magic, racer's one. If it's possible for him to combine those two, imagine how fast he would get (tho, don't bother responding to this lol, I know you'll say he probably can't do it and that's just headcanon, and yea I agree it is. I'm just putting it out as a possibility. I don't see why he couldn't tho, since they're just two independent magics.)
Nah, meteor is a far bigger boost (And yes, it's a boost to combat speed as well, not just movement speed. I consider blitzing a combat speed feat. Also, in Natsu's fight, he managed to land a ton of attacks on him in a flash, it doesn't just make him faster in movement, it allows him to attack faster as well.).
And yes, he blitzed Jura twice. Just one time, it just wasn't a hit, he just went around him. Jura also had a very hard time dealing with his speed when he got close. Laxus got close with lightning body and was countered more often than not.
Jura was actually trading blows with Laxus. It actually seemed like Laxus eventually just outlasted the dude. While Jellol was so fast that Jura couldn't physically knock him down like he did to Laxus, he actually had to put walls and stuff to block his path, and Jellol still blitzed him getting around it.
In combat speed, Jellol >> Jura ~ Laxus
I'm not saying that either of them would not land blows on Jellol. That's 100% NOT my argument. My argument is that Jellol would, say, land 3x more the attacks on them than vise versa because of his speed, but they would probably need 3x less the amount of attacks to put down Jellol because of dura difference, so eventually they just end up around extreme diff irrespective of who wins.
I keep brining Jellol's dura because I want to then apply meteor and compare it to August, who has great durability himself. Point being that meteor make a big difference for August because he is durable himself.
Your panel is just him getting hit. Many characters have been shown to scream in pain when hit, while the damage itself isn't too high.
Consider Laxus vs Erza in the spinoff. Laxus punched through her lightning armour and had her scream in pain, but she then went onto take several more hits from Laxus before actually going down.
The panel I posted, was the aftermath of the spell. The actual damage done to him was superficial. He was completely fine other than having a bloody lip.
And him going for the suicide attack soon after, is either CIS (my argument) or him being in a hurry because of Acno (your argument). It wasn't because he couldn't beat Gildarts, Gildarts lost his ONLY means of damaging August, beating him at this point is just formality.
Cana got hit only once because he only used meteor once lol. This is just CIS from his part.
Yeah, I agree he can't hit Cana in his base when Gildarts is around, because they're comparable in combat speed, so he can't afford any distraction. This is why I keep brining meteor, because that makes a big difference in combat speed. The difference between meteor and no meteor is Jellol being on the defensive against OS in base, and blitzing them in meteor. It's a huge difference. He also ran circles around Acno in meteor, though I'm very skeptical of this feat since I believe Acno would've one shot him like GS if he was truly serious.
I agree that August won't be landing more hits than Erza, with Laxus around, in his base. But in meteor? Yea he would.
Durability is just a part of her. What dragon Eileen has for in physical stats, August compensates with versatility and magic immunity (she would take blows from Laxus and Erza, instead of just Erza for August). They're overall comparable.
August didn't use his other spells in fight against Gildarts. It was mostly a fist fight lol. He didn't use melt, which seemed like a city sized spell. Not did he use offensive refraction, which became a huge tornado. He has countless more spells in his arsenal, he could've used probably any spell shown in the series lol (he has the hype for that, he is the most versatile mage ever in the series). But he mostly stuck to fist fight, only used one spell against Gildarts IIRC (a blast from his staff)