Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
You're using combat feats as your main of argument.

Gray has had 500 chapters worth of development? Funny you say that when we don't see development in him for atleast half of those 500 chapters.
It's not a strange concept, that characters improve their strengths.

Yeah protrayal shown in the Avatar arc, protrayal shown fighting side to side. It's realistic that Gray is at the very least on Base natsu level. It's realistic that Erza is at the very least on Base natsu level. Denying this is overrating Natsu in his base form.

Natsu defeated God of War with FDKK, not with base. Bluenote is a great feat. Maybe Gray or Erza can oneshot Bluenote or not, we wouldn't know.
Of course I'm using combat feats as my main argument. What else would I use?

Natsu wasn't shown going into FDKM when he was fighting the god of war, he only used Demolition Fist, which leads me to believe that it's an attack that Natsu can use without having to go FDKM.

I dunno, from what I could tell during their fight with Avatar, Natsu was kicking a lot more ass than Gray was. And during his fight with Zeref, Natsu took out almost a thousand soldiers with just a couple of attacks. Based on what we've seen from Gray, I sincerely doubt he can do that.

I'm not overrating Natsu, you're overrating Gray. We have absolutely no evidence except for a couple of punches and some fodder soldiers to assume that Gray is on Natsu's level. Maybe if we saw Gray fight more I would change my opinion but as it stands, making the assumption that Gray is on the same level as Natsu is ridiculous.
 

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
Of course I'm using combat feats as my main argument. What else would I use?

Natsu wasn't shown going into FDKM when he was fighting the god of war, he only used Demolition Fist, which leads me to believe that it's an attack that Natsu can use without having to go FDKM.

I dunno, from what I could tell during their fight with Avatar, Natsu was kicking a lot more ass than Gray was. And during his fight with Zeref, Natsu took out almost a thousand soldiers with just a couple of attacks. Based on what we've seen from Gray, I sincerely doubt he can do that.

I'm not overrating Natsu, you're overrating Gray. We have absolutely no evidence except for a couple of punches and some fodder soldiers to assume that Gray is on Natsu's level. Maybe if we saw Gray fight more I would change my opinion but as it stands, making the assumption that Gray is on the same level as Natsu is ridiculous.
We can always using powerscaling, this isn't a vs thread. If this was a vs thread, I would agree with you that Base natsu would be ahead.

Wrong again. Demolition fist is a FDKM attack. http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Dragon_King's_Demolition_Fist

Re-read the arc again where they fought each other, Gray actually got an extra punch in on Natsu when they stalemated each other. If your argument was kicking ass side by side then that is still below the stalemate argument.

You're overrating Natsu but not leaving the idea open that Gray can be near his level due to protrayal. I'm not overrating Gray at all. I also believe Gajeel is also around Base Natsu level, so now you're going to tell me that I'm overrating Gajeel to right?

So yeah.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
We can always using powerscaling, this isn't a vs thread. If this was a vs thread, I would agree with you that Base natsu would be ahead.

Wrong again. Demolition fist is a FDKM attack. http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Dragon_King's_Demolition_Fist

Re-read the arc again where they fought each other, Gray actually got an extra punch in on Natsu when they stalemated each other. If your argument was kicking ass side by side then that is still below the stalemate argument.

You're overrating Natsu but not leaving the idea open that Gray can be near his level due to protrayal. I'm not overrating Gray at all. I also believe Gajeel is also around Base Natsu level, so now you're going to tell me that I'm overrating Gajeel to right?

So yeah.
Again, neither of them were fighting seriously, so using anything from Natsu's and Grays fight is irrelevant.

You're using the fan based Wikia as your source? Hilarious. I'm saying that he didn't need to go FDKM to use Demolition Fist. It's like way back when Natsu fought Jemma and used Hammer of the Lightning Flame Dragon (or something like that, I don't really remember what it was called). Natsu didn't need to go into his LFDM in order to use that. It's the same thing here. I'm talking about the different modes that Natsu can go into that boost his power significantly, whereas you seem to be just talking about the attributes of the spell.

You said, and I quote, " it's realistic that Gray is at the very least on base Natsu's level". I have no problem at all with saying that Gray is near Natsu's level, I'm just saying that based on what we've seen so far, he's not on it.
 

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
Again, neither of them were fighting seriously, so using anything from Natsu's and Grays fight is irrelevant.

You're using the fan based Wikia as your source? Hilarious. I'm saying that he didn't need to go FDKM to use Demolition Fist. It's like way back when Natsu fought Jemma and used Hammer of the Lightning Flame Dragon (or something like that, I don't really remember what it was called). Natsu didn't need to go into his LFDM in order to use that. It's the same thing here. I'm talking about the different modes that Natsu can go into that boost his power significantly, whereas you seem to be just talking about the attributes of the spell.

You said, and I quote, " it's realistic that Gray is at the very least on base Natsu's level". I have no problem at all with saying that Gray is near Natsu's level, I'm just saying that based on what we've seen so far, he's not on it.
We don't need to find any indication that they were serious or not, protrayal is just a simple matter where we can take into account that they fought at the same level with the same amount of difficulty toward each other.

Wrong again.. If you don't like wikia, then how about manga panels?



Clearly Natsu used Fire Dragon King Mode to slay the God. Clearly Natsu knows about his power limits, and had to rely on this spell to defeat him. and Mashima improvised this. You're selling the War god short if you believe Natsu can oneshot him with a weaker attack than that.

So this is your problem alright. I will agree to disagree with that then.

On a sidenote: Would you have any problem if someone else stated guys like Gray and Gajeel are on Base Natsu tier?
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Phisically as in without using magic? Martial arts? Magues like Natsu or Gray usually combine martial arts with magic. What does it matter if they're equal on martial arts? The moment Natsu uses a roar he's going to outclass Gray.
If you actually read the avatar arc you would know what happened in that fight, they're portrayed as equals in base at least.

On a side note, wasn't that DeS Gray who fought Natsu back in Avatar? They fought phisically, but they combined magic in their attacks ( Chapter 428, page 6, Natsu blocks Gray's punch, it ices Natsu's arm. Then Natsu kicks Gray and Gray tanks it. Flames come out of his leg).
He wasn't using DeS magic.

So, yeah, we could say, according to that chapter, DeS Gray = Base Natsu. Although that chapter proves pretty much nothing: no impressive feats from either, they were just warming up, etc.
Hence, they were portrayed as equal when neither were serious.

When we talk about superiority or inferiority, we don't mean in martial arts, we mean as a mague, as a whole, as in "what'd happen if they fought". Now can base gray or base gajeel one-shot Bluenote or a giant god? I don't think so.
Yes they can, Gajeel was albiet tangoing with a Spirggan and Gray should at least be Erza tier, current Erza would destroy both Bluenote and the Giant.


He was being overzealous. Personality matters in a battle. He wasn't so happy when Erza began to actually damage him. Hold on, Ajeel is superior to Erza, just in case you might have though I was implying the contrary. I'm just saying that, in analogy, Gajeel's fight is "similar".
Yes he was toying with Erza while acting cocky and was winning. Gajeel is pulling off a similar feat to Erza when he's in base....

Yes, that is correct. Gajeel might well be above Bradman as far as hand to hand combat goes, but how is that a factor? If his magic outclasses him, and they are magues, then Bradman is above Gajeel.

This part is ACTUALLY SO IRRELEVANT. I never once said Gajeel was overall on par with Bradman I was talking strictly physical combat.


Erza was at full power when she began to actually hurt Ajeel, that is, when she summoned the best counter armor against Ajeel (Wind armor + water sword). I'm willing to see how Steel-Shadow Gajeel can actually touch an intangible body. I'm also willing to see his DF, although I don't know how his DF would be an advantage to intangibility.
Erza was at full power from the start, Erza doesn't have any modes or whatever. It was shown iin the latest chapter Bradman's intang isn't passive and he can be hit if he doesn't expect it.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/486/5

Yes, Gajeel would definetely lose to Ajeel. As long as Gajeel has a human body. I mean, during their first encounter, DeS Gray, Stardress Lucy, base Natsu, base Erza, mest and Makarov had to run away from him. Then Erza fought him and was on the verge of losing, hadn't it been for Bisca. Ajeel is not a very powerful spriggan, but he's an extremely powerful wizard who vastly outclasses Gajeel (current feats). Maybe Steel-Shadow Gajeel could do something against Ajeel, but pull off a win? Let's remember not only does Ajeel dry you out to death, he's also intangible as far as you don't use water/wind.

No, he wouldn't. They all ran because Makarov ordered them to and insisted they couldn't beat Ajeel before actually seeing how strong they had gotten over the year time skip. Ajeel is very powerful that I know but he isn't unbeatable nor is he purely intangible to just water and wind or Natsu wouldn't have been able to hit him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This is exactly what you said... :doge
You're trying to say Gajeel was equal to Bradman physically in base which is wrong as Bradman rekt Gajeel so hard he needed fodder to save him :nah. In no way was Gajeel on par with Bradman when he hasn't even laid a scratch on him :whistle. Read your own words carefully before you post or you end up sounding ignorant :ohaielmo

Also MCB don't work on Mira since she has an Etherious takeover now :grin.
My point still stands you don't know what I said. SHOW ME ONE SCAN OR BRADMAN PHSYCIALLY OVERPOWERING GAJEEL.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Dude you can't go off of Gray and Natsu trading a few punches and use that to determine who's stronger. It was extremely obvious that neither of them were trying to do any real damage. And since we can't go off of what happened in their fight because of that, then that leaves us with only feats to base their strength off of, in which case Natsu leaves Gray a mile behind. I know Gray has gotten stronger but I sincerely doubt he's as strong as Natsu.
Say it with me......Portrayal.......
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
We don't need to find any indication that they were serious or not, protrayal is just a simple matter where we can take into account that they fought at the same level with the same amount of difficulty toward each other.

Wrong again.. If you don't like wikia, then how about manga panels?



Clearly Natsu used Fire Dragon King Mode to slay the God. Clearly Natsu knows about his power limits, and had to rely on this spell to defeat him. and Mashima improvised this. You're selling the War god short if you believe Natsu can oneshot him with a weaker attack than that.

So this is your problem alright. I will agree to disagree with that then.

On a sidenote: Would you have any problem if someone else stated guys like Gray and Gajeel are on Base Natsu tier?
But we have no evidence that they were fighting at the same difficulty. For all we know Natsu was barely even trying while Gray was only a little bit below his full power. It's impossible for us to determine their relative power levels until we see them go full out against each other.

Just because he has FDK in the name of the attack doesn't mean that he was in FDKM. As I said earlier, Natsu was able to use lightning flame attacks without going into his LFDM. There is a difference between using moves of a certain nature and actually being in that mode. In the fight against Zeref, he clearly used his Roar of the FDK against the army, then LATER actually went into the mode itself.

If you're implying that I have a problem with you yourself and not the points you're making, then no, that's not the case. I'm sure there are plenty of other things that we agree on; I just don't happen to agree with you on this one.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
But we have no evidence that they were fighting at the same difficulty. For all we know Natsu was barely even trying while Gray was only a little bit below his full power. It's impossible for us to determine their relative power levels until we see them go full out against each other.

Just because he has FDK in the name of the attack doesn't mean that he was in FDKM. As I said earlier, Natsu was able to use lightning flame attacks without going into his LFDM. There is a difference between using moves of a certain nature and actually being in that mode. In the fight against Zeref, he clearly used his Roar of the FDK against the army, then LATER actually went into the mode itself.

If you're implying that I have a problem with you yourself and not the points you're making, then no, that's not the case. I'm sure there are plenty of other things that we agree on; I just don't happen to agree with you on this one.
Have you read the avatar arc? Because if you think Gray was suing that much strength........You just made a ludicrous assumption to try and make his point look bad.
 

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
But we have no evidence that they were fighting at the same difficulty. For all we know Natsu was barely even trying while Gray was only a little bit below his full power. It's impossible for us to determine their relative power levels until we see them go full out against each other.

Just because he has FDK in the name of the attack doesn't mean that he was in FDKM. As I said earlier, Natsu was able to use lightning flame attacks without going into his LFDM. There is a difference between using moves of a certain nature and actually being in that mode. In the fight against Zeref, he clearly used his Roar of the FDK against the army, then LATER actually went into the mode itself.

If you're implying that I have a problem with you yourself and not the points you're making, then no, that's not the case. I'm sure there are plenty of other things that we agree on; I just don't happen to agree with you on this one.
Neither of them were trying. Both had the same level of expressions. Calm, and Serious. Yeah and for all we know Gray was barely trying, and Natsu was trying more. This argument can go either way, so don't try that. You're not understanding the context of what portrayal means.

Holy shit, that's just being in denial. Flame Dragon King demoliotion fist means he was in that mode. If he was in Base Natsu mode, then he would simply say Demolition fist. He even said this move is dedicated to Igneel, who you know is the dragon king. Look at how bloody serious Natsu looked when he fought against the War God. This is either major overrating of Natsu's base mode or downplay of the War God. When did Natsu use lightning attacks without going into LDFM mode? Panels plox. In the battle against Zeref, he unsealed his arm and used the tatoo Magical reserves of Igneel to display the attack. Totally different scenario.

Answer the question.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Have you read the avatar arc? Because if you think Gray was suing that much strength........You just made a ludicrous assumption to try and make his point look bad.
Next thing he's going to say that Gajeel was trying more than Natsu did in defeating the Spriggan Lieutenants Bakel and co.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
Neither of them were trying. Both had the same level of expressions. Calm, and Serious. Yeah and for all we know Gray was barely trying, and Natsu was trying more. This argument can go either way, so don't try that. You're not understanding the context of what portrayal means.

Holy shit, that's just being in denial. Flame Dragon King demoliotion fist means he was in that mode. If he was in Base Natsu mode, then he would simply say Demolition fist. He even said this move is dedicated to Igneel, who you know is the dragon king. Look at how bloody serious Natsu looked when he fought against the War God. This is either major overrating of Natsu's base mode or downplay of the War God. When did Natsu use lightning attacks without going into LDFM mode? Panels plox. In the battle against Zeref, he unsealed his arm and used the tatoo Magical reserves of Igneel to display the attack. Totally different scenario.

Answer the question.
I'm well aware that the argument about Gray and Natsu's fight can go either way, that's entirely my point. We have no way of knowing just how hard either of them were trying, therefore we shouldn't be using anything from that fight to prove our points. I only started talking about it because you brought it up as evidence.

Natsu used Roar of the FDK BEFORE he unwrapped his arm.

Forgive me but I'm pretty new to these forums so I don't know how to show panels yet. The chapter where Natsu was fighting Jemma was chapter 283

And I already answered your question.
 

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
69
Reaction score
37
Age
28
Country
Georgia
It can used as evidence for portrayal. Power scaling can be applied to this which is what this very thread can be used for.

We can go circular to circular, and I'm not changing your mind, your not changing mine.

This is the question: On a sidenote: Would you have any problem if someone else stated guys like Gray and Gajeel are on Base Natsu tier?
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
It can used as evidence for portrayal. Power scaling can be applied to this which is what this very thread can be used for.

We can go circular to circular, and I'm not changing your mind, your not changing mine.

This is the question: On a sidenote: Would you have any problem if someone else stated guys like Gray and Gajeel are on Base Natsu tier?
Portrayal means nothing if we don't know the exact context of what is going on.

And I'm telling you, I answered that two comments ago. If your question is implying that I have a problem with you yourself and not with the points your making, that's not the case. If you're asking whether I think Gajeel is on the same level as Natsu, my answer would be probably not.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,776
Country
United States
My point still stands you don't know what I said. SHOW ME ONE SCAN OR BRADMAN PHSYCIALLY OVERPOWERING GAJEEL
Gajeel hasn't laid a scratch on him and got destroyed to the point where he needed FODDDERS HELP:nah. For some reason in your mind Gajeel getting rekt somehow puts him physically on par with Bradman who's been casual, he hasn't even done a named move. :fail
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Gajeel hasn't laid a scratch on him and got destroyed to the point where he needed FODDDERS HELP:nah. For some reason in your mind Gajeel getting rekt somehow puts him physically on par with Bradman who's been casual, he hasn't even done a named move. :fail
Answer my question. Bradman overpowered with a non-physical based magic nor was he casual he states himself he gets to let loose.
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/486/5

That is exactly what happened when Bradman tried to beat Gajeel down with physical force. So let me ask again.......SHOW ME AN SACN OF BRADMAN PHYSICALLY OVERHWLEMING GAJEEL.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,776
Country
United States
Answer my question. Bradman overpowered with a non-physical based magic nor was he casual he states himself he gets to let loose.
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/486/5

That is exactly what happened when Bradman tried to beat Gajeel down with physical force. So let me ask again.......SHOW ME AN SACN OF BRADMAN PHYSICALLY OVERHWLEMING GAJEEL.
You don't even know that physically on par means you can ACTUALLY damage the opponent which Gajeel has yet to do. Show me a scan where Bradman's shows any signs of damage
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
You must be delusional because you don't even know that physically on par means you can ACTUALLY damage the opponent which Gajeel has yet to do. Show me a scan where Bradman's shows any signs of damage before you spout mor
Bradman is clearly affected by his headbutts in the scan I posted his eye turn white while Bradman himself has dealt no damage to Gajeel through physical means. Even if Gajeel hasn't neither has Bradman so, either way, I am correct, now learn how to read a post before you reply back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,776
Country
United States
Bradman is clearly affected by his headbutts in the scan I posted his eye turn white while Bradman himself has dealt no damage to Gajeel through physical means. Even if Gajeel hasn't neither has Bradman so, either way, I am correct, now learn how to read a post before you reply back.
Bradman was affected by headbutt as much as Zirconis was affected by Wendy's roar. Neither of the two actually damage them. Gajeel is beat up while Brandman has no damage on him so clearly you're wrong.

Gajeel's in tatters and you still think he's on par with Bradman :facepalm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Serena is not trashing any Spriggan. Even Jacob and Neinhart should be capable of at least giving him a Mid-Diff fight. Makarov explicitly states that he knows Serenas power above all others and he doesn't make any mention of Serena being on another level like he did with August. Until God Serena shows us some more feats, he simply lacks powerful attacks. He could spam multiple decent attacks but decent doesn't cut it against Spriggan level fighters. We could assume that he has roars and secret arts far more powerful then the casual attacks used on the Ishval Saints but benefit of the doubt only goes so far here. At best I'm willing to peg his max offensive output at the level of Natsus regular roar used to roast Bluenote (someone who shouldn't be far less durable then Jura).

God Serena could probably fit into the Top 20 strongest mages in the Fairy Tail verse, not the Top 10 though.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Moderator Notice:
Hello everyone. Please keep the discussions civil. Kindly avoid using profanity and name-calling. Thank you~ ahmadrizqik
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
It can used as evidence for portrayal. Power scaling can be applied to this which is what this very thread can be used for.

We can go circular to circular, and I'm not changing your mind, your not changing mine.

This is the question: On a sidenote: Would you have any problem if someone else stated guys like Gray and Gajeel are on Base Natsu tier?
Natsu was in his Base state when he used FDK Spells against Ikusa-Tsunagi and 927 Alvarez Soldiers.It was first during fight against Zeref he unveiled FDKM in chapter 464.But before that he was still in his Base state everytime.FDK is a higher version of Spells while FDKM is a powerup mode.These 2 are different.
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Gray has attacks comparable to base Natsu's attacks in terms of AoE and the level of opponents they can take out. Natsu's roar can take out Bluenote, who should be around Jura's level. Gray's Zero Longsword can take out Ur, who should be anywhere between Jose and Jura's level. The difference is effort. Natsu can oneshot Bluenote while holding Chelia up by the shirt, whereas Gray defeated Ur mid-diff. The same can be said for Erza. I don't doubt that Erza can beat someone like Bluenote. However, given the difficulty she had in taking out Azuma, who is stronger than Bluenote, I doubt she could just oneshot him. It would at least require a mid-difficulty effort.

Remember, FDK mode is still Natsu though. If things get tough, Natsu will resort to FDK.
 
Last edited:
Top