Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think Dimaria in her basic form can only stop time, Chronos form should give her more control over other aspects of time since 'Time' is such a vast concept, it should be more than just basic time stop, for all you know Dimaria can go to the past and future (just a wild thought)
The only reason she couldn't use her other abilities was because Ultear had shut them down and so she was basically limited to the beams (which pack quite a punch), but normally Dimaria CHRONOS Yesta should be able to control the aspects of time other than Age Seal..
Heck, for all you know she might be able to do Last Ages with no lasting consequences
Maybe she has a power up of some kind. Since as far as I know none of the Spriggan have had one as of yet. Why is that I wonder? DiMaria isn't as op as some make her out to be, but she's certainly not weak given her very dangerous magical ability. Stopping time, however many planes of time that that is, is no mean feat if you know what I mean :cheez
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Whats the point of talking about Dimaria? She stomps everyone in the series with her magic.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Natsu would also give Gildarts trouble in a fight. Your points are amazing I have to say. You just speak as if Serena is >>>> Natsu because...reasons. Historia Serena was barely even 1/3rd of his actual power and got wrecked by Gildarts.

The water thing was obviously just to have Gildarts come in. Or are you saying that Historia Serena is also > Gray?
I'm ending this Natsu vs Gildarts, let me show you while Gildarts would blitz-stomp Natsu. (IDK to use spoiler tags)

Gildarts cracks an entire town by tripping.
http://ru.fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Файл:Gildarts'_Crash_Magic.png

'poof' speed AKA speed feat
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/14

Instantaneously punches 13 dudes with one arm
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/18

Punches someone thru an impregnable prison larger than a mountain leaving a creator around his body. Didnt mean to hit him that hard.
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/25

Gildarts moving several feet and attacking before Natsu reacted
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fairytail/images/d/d9/Lapointe_is_hit_by_Gildarts'_attack.gif/revision/latest?
cb=20140615221949

"Natsu nearly burnt down the GMG with one fire attack"
Gildarts wasn't attempting to do anything, he tripped and cracked a town which is more impressive than Natsu trying to set ablaze the GMG.

"Natsu ran through hundreds of monsters which is more impressive than Gildarts punching 13 fodder"
If you think Gildarts is incapable of replicating that feat, you are wrong. They may have been fodder, but it showcased his speed. Gildarts has casual mountain busting punches. If you combine those two, it means that Gildarts can throw out several mountain busting punches instantaneously. I'm also going to throw out the fact that even if Natsu is fast(people keep saying this, but I don't recall anything feats that showcase exceptional speed), Gildarts is way faster. The KotSH feat should tell you that.

"Natsu destroyed the TOH"
Gildarts destroyed a mountain with a casual punch

"Natsu durability is too high to get stomped by Gildarts"
His durability may be high, but I do not think that it has improved all too much during the time skip. We haven't seen anything showcasing an increase in durability, only strength. Natsu was beaten very badly in a fight against Gildarts where he wasn't even moving. Natsu isn't capable of reacting to "Poof!" speed. KotSH feat showcases that Natsu is in fact, slower than Gildarts. He didn't even move before Gildarts was already several feet away and attacking.

Gildarts is far too fast for Natsu. His punches are simply too powerful and he can throw them out very quickly. Natsu's magic can't touch Gildarts because he would destroy it. Natsu could only hope for a draw in a fight with Gildrarts. In the end, we have still never seen Gildarts go all out. That is not the case with Natsu.

Gildarts casual punch levels the landscape
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/497/13
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
Whats the point of talking about Dimaria? She stomps everyone in the series with her magic.
The point of us talking about Dimaria is precisely because of people like you, people who think that she's the strongest character in the entire series just because of a haxy magic that is completely vague in its workings and has no impressive feats.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
We need to keep in mind this was Gildarts before he met Acnologia. The loss of limbs would affect his mobility. I think Gildarts is fast but when it comes to fighting he doesn't really blitz people, rather he just moves in for CQC as he did with Bluenote/Serena. Perhaps this is the modification Gildarts needed to make post-Acno.

He's got good agility though like he showed at the end of Tartarus arc. I'd say Gildarts is likely around Ajeel-level for mobility, which is elite.
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm ending this Natsu vs Gildarts, let me show you while Gildarts would blitz-stomp Natsu. (IDK to use spoiler tags)

Gildarts cracks an entire town by tripping.
http://ru.fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Файл:Gildarts'_Crash_Magic.png

'poof' speed AKA speed feat
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/14

Instantaneously punches 13 dudes with one arm
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/18

Punches someone thru an impregnable prison larger than a mountain leaving a creator around his body. Didnt mean to hit him that hard.
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/25

Gildarts moving several feet and attacking before Natsu reacted
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fairytail/images/d/d9/Lapointe_is_hit_by_Gildarts'_attack.gif/revision/latest?
cb=20140615221949

"Natsu nearly burnt down the GMG with one fire attack"
Gildarts wasn't attempting to do anything, he tripped and cracked a town which is more impressive than Natsu trying to set ablaze the GMG.

"Natsu ran through hundreds of monsters which is more impressive than Gildarts punching 13 fodder"
If you think Gildarts is incapable of replicating that feat, you are wrong. They may have been fodder, but it showcased his speed. Gildarts has casual mountain busting punches. If you combine those two, it means that Gildarts can throw out several mountain busting punches instantaneously. I'm also going to throw out the fact that even if Natsu is fast(people keep saying this, but I don't recall anything feats that showcase exceptional speed), Gildarts is way faster. The KotSH feat should tell you that.

"Natsu destroyed the TOH"
Gildarts destroyed a mountain with a casual punch

"Natsu durability is too high to get stomped by Gildarts"
His durability may be high, but I do not think that it has improved all too much during the time skip. We haven't seen anything showcasing an increase in durability, only strength. Natsu was beaten very badly in a fight against Gildarts where he wasn't even moving. Natsu isn't capable of reacting to "Poof!" speed. KotSH feat showcases that Natsu is in fact, slower than Gildarts. He didn't even move before Gildarts was already several feet away and attacking.

Gildarts is far too fast for Natsu. His punches are simply too powerful and he can throw them out very quickly. Natsu's magic can't touch Gildarts because he would destroy it. Natsu could only hope for a draw in a fight with Gildrarts. In the end, we have still never seen Gildarts go all out. That is not the case with Natsu.

Gildarts casual punch levels the landscape
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/497/13
Ice Trail isn't canon, so there goes 90% of your already bad argument. Natsu casually ran through more than 100 people in the same time Gildarts punched 13. Gildarts' Magic also specifically breaks things, so him breaking things isn't really a feat at all. Feel free to try again though.

Oh, and I could show how Natsu's AoE with his FDK spells are a lot larger than this weak stuff, but I'll let others do it. Too lazy.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dimaria is not a high-tier Spriggan at all. She is very likely a mid-tier Spriggan on the same level as Wahl. We have to stop using "hax magic" as a reason for everything. When talking about power rankings, we should only take into account Attack, Defense, Speed, Versatility, Intelligence, and Magic Power. Before I forget, there is one more thing that should also be considered. When we start comparing two or more characters, Conditions may change the dynamics of the fights. By this, I mean advantages in environment, effectiveness, or just magic in general.

There is really no reason "hax magic" should be included as there isn't any concrete evidence to support the fact that it works on everybody. Taking one instance and applying it to another can introduce some errors unless it is proven to work without a doubt. Besides, there may be restrictions that we just aren't aware of right now. So it is better to not make any false assumptions (I already made that mistake with Neinhart).

To further explain, I'm going to use him as an example. Before Chapter 496, I was in the belief that Historias were an actual representation of the real person when they were alive (due to Lyon's comment about Ur and the struggles in defeating pre-timeskip Historias). As a result, this let to my disbelief that he couldn't create three Spriggans of higher caliber than himself. But only afterwards did I find out that all three of them are indeed weaker than when they were alive. Now this actually makes sense because Neinhart summoning God Serena, Bradman, and Wahl would require an enormous amount of MP, one that even Neinhart should be able to handle.

To be honest, I still don't like how it was played out (because Hiro Mashima didn't tell us this from the beginning) but at least we got an explanation. So I will conclude this with saying that Dimaria might also have some restrictions on her magic that Hiro Mashima has not shown us yet. With that said, I still won't count "hax magic" when it comes to power rankings.
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Why talking that is not " revealed " yet , we're talking about " now " . So far Dimaria age seal work on everyone just fine . No prove that said she can't affect mages of higher caliber .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dimaria is actually no. 1 in my ranking now based on feats .
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Why talking that is not " revealed " yet , we're talking about " now " . So far Dimaria age seal work on everyone just fine . No prove that said she can't affect mages of higher caliber .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dimaria is actually no. 1 in my ranking now based on feats .
Ok, but she still can't beat people that she can't hurt. Zeref is immortal and Acnologia has god tier durability, so they are still above her. Are you satisfied that I finally liked one of your posts
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Why talking that is not " revealed " yet , we're talking about " now " . So far Dimaria age seal work on everyone just fine . No prove that said she can't affect mages of higher caliber .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dimaria is actually no. 1 in my ranking now based on feats .
Incorrect. It has to be proven that it works on mages of her caliber. Right now there's a teacup flying at 45 mi/s between Mercury and Earth and orbiting the sun. You can't prove me wrong, therefore there is a teacup.

That proves how your logic is incorrect^^^
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Ok, but she still can't beat people that she can't hurt. Zeref is immortal and Acnologia has god tier durability, so they are still above her. Are you satisfied that I finally liked one of your posts
I was talking about amongst the springgan . Your likes seems so insincere but I guess it's fine?

Incorrect. It has to be proven that it works on mages of her caliber. Right now there's a teacup flying at 45 mi/s between Mercury and Earth and orbiting the sun. You can't prove me wrong, therefore there is a teacup.

That proves how your logic is incorrect^^^
Evergreen eyes work on erza who is someone stronger than her , Marin magic work on Jacob , erza and Lucy too who is again someone stronger . I could list how many times Hax work on someone higher caliber so nope , my logic is not entirely incorrect unless you can prove that I'm wrong .
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I was talking about amongst the springgan . Your likes seems so insincere but I guess it's fine?



Evergreen eyes work on erza who is someone stronger than her , Marin magic work on Jacob , erza and Lucy too who is again someone stronger . I could list how many times Hax work on someone higher caliber so nope , my logic is not entirely incorrect unless you can prove that I'm wrong .
Marin's Magic teleports people or un-teleports. That's different from moving in a space stopped by Magic. Very different. Jacob's Transport can't resist any sort of outside interference so that's already 60% of your argument down.

Evergreen's eyes worked on Erza because they have a high amount of Magic efficiency. Erza did also come out later, and it wasn't just because of the fake eye. The effects were halved, sure, but that meant she could free herself with her Magic from the remaining 50%.

And that's 100% of your argument easily refuted. I can't wait to see what you dig up next.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why talking that is not " revealed " yet , we're talking about " now " . So far Dimaria age seal work on everyone just fine . No prove that said she can't affect mages of higher caliber .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dimaria is actually no. 1 in my ranking now based on feats .
But as of now, we know for a fact Dimaria cannot beat Acnologia. Actually, she can't beat Zeref. Even August and Eileen... I can keep going down the list and there are many mages that she just cannot beat. Why is that? The most probable explanation is what I said earlier. Maybe we just don't know the restrictions of her magic. So to a certain extent, Age Seal doesn't work on everyone. Look, I understand what you're getting at and I can see why you think so, but I'm just saying that this kind of logic will only set you up for inaccuracies when it comes to power rankings.
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
I was talking about amongst the springgan . Your likes seems so insincere but I guess it's fine?
Oh. Well, if August builds up a barrier around him/knocks her out like he did with Brandish before Dimaria activates age seal then I can see him winning. Same thing with Irene if she turns Dimaria into a mouse before she activates Age Seal. So nah, I still wouldn't put her above those guys.

What are you talking about Chara, I liked your post because I'm nice
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Marin's Magic teleports people or un-teleports. That's different from moving in a space stopped by Magic. Very different. Jacob's Transport can't resist any sort of outside interference so that's already 60% of your argument down.

Evergreen's eyes worked on Erza because they have a high amount of Magic efficiency. Erza did also come out later, and it wasn't just because of the fake eye. The effects were halved, sure, but that meant she could free herself with her Magic from the remaining 50%.

And that's 100% of your argument easily refuted. I can't wait to see what you dig up next.
Still , Marin magic literally dispell Jacob magic who is by far a lots much more stronger than him . His magic does work on someone stronger just fine .

Evergreen still did stone eyes erza and others people at that times . Again her magic does work on someone stronger just fine and it's literally a facts that erza eyes somehow help break evergreen magic .

It call " discussing " not an arguments . Calm down will you? Lol .

But as of now, we know for a fact Dimaria cannot beat Acnologia. Actually, she can't beat Zeref. Even August and Eileen... I can keep going down the list and there are many mages that she just cannot beat. Why is that? The most probable explanation is what I said earlier. Maybe we just don't know the restrictions of her magic. So to a certain extent, Age Seal doesn't work on everyone. Look, I understand what you're getting at and I can see why you think so, but I'm just saying that this kind of logic will only set you up for inaccuracies when it comes to power rankings.
Plot , mashima himself said that some things just doesn't have explanation due to Plot .
And so far dimaria magic work just fine on everyone and as a fans of feats... I will count that she could do it to everyone .
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Still , Marin magic literally dispell Jacob magic who is by far a lots much more stronger than him . His magic does work on someone stronger just fine .

Evergreen still did stone eyes erza and others people at that times . Again her magic does work on someone stronger just fine and it's literally a facts that erza eyes somehow help break evergreen magic .

It call " discussing " not an arguments . Calm down will you? Lol .



Plot , mashima himself said that some things just doesn't have explanation due to Plot .
And so far dimaria magic work just fine on everyone and as a fans of feats... I will count that she could do it to everyone .
Marin's Magic is a direct counter. Since when is one teleportation stronger than another? Makes no sense. There's your Marin point. It worked on Erza. The only one stronger than Evergreen. Nice job proving me wrong.:imslow

Evergreen's Magic isn't Age Seal Magic, so where's the correlation? Bluenote's Gravity Magic should not allow anyone to stand but they still do when they're stronger than him or as strong. You see? Not all haxx is equal.:teach
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
bah, everyone is talking about Natsu, Erza, OP Gildarts, Laxus and etc but I ask myself, WHEN WILL LUCY BECOME A TOP TIER???? she deserves it more than Natsu. for all we know, there can be a big secret behind Celestial Spirit Magic and she can get some huge boost that puts her on a very high tier.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Oh. Well, if August builds up a barrier around him/knocks her out like he did with Brandish before Dimaria activates age seal then I can see him winning. Same thing with Irene if she turns Dimaria into a mouse before she activates Age Seal. So nah, I still wouldn't put her above those guys.

What are you talking about Chara, I liked your post because I'm nice
Are you implying a mouse DiMaria couldn't use Age Seal?
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
The point of us talking about Dimaria is precisely because of people like you, people who think that she's the strongest character in the entire series just because of a haxy magic that is completely vague in its workings and has no impressive feats.
You don't need feats when you can stop time and shoot lasers from your finger. But ok.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It should be obvious that Dimaria can stomp Acnologia and anyone in the series. Well, except for Gildarts. Gildarts is as fast as the flash so no one can stand up to him.:kappa
Acnologia is a dragon bud, he took Igneels roar like nothing. But by your logic anyone can be pierced by a sword right? So to you Dimaria is the strongest, you just contradicted yourself. I've never said Gildarts can bear Dimaria lol.

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Ice Trail isn't canon, so there goes 90% of your already bad argument. Natsu casually ran through more than 100 people in the same time Gildarts punched 13. Gildarts' Magic also specifically breaks things, so him breaking things isn't really a feat at all. Feel free to try again though.

Oh, and I could show how Natsu's AoE with his FDK spells are a lot larger than this weak stuff, but I'll let others do it. Too lazy.
Ice trail and KoTsh are both cannon but ok. FDK roar isn't mountain level. Lol
--- Double Post Merged, ---
bah, everyone is talking about Natsu, Erza, OP Gildarts, Laxus and etc but I ask myself, WHEN WILL LUCY BECOME A TOP TIER???? she deserves it more than Natsu. for all we know, there can be a big secret behind Celestial Spirit magic and she can get some huge boost that puts her on a very high tier.
The CSK is her trump card and he got destroyed by Mard Geer in base form.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Acnologia is a dragon bud, he took Igneels roar like nothing. But by your logic anyone can be pierced by a sword right? So to you Dimaria is the strongest, you just contradicted yourself. I've never said Gildarts can bear Dimaria lol.
I'm sorry but as much as I don't take you seriously, I refuse to believe that you didn't realize that I was being sarcatsic in my post.
:epicfacepalm

Are you implying a mouse DiMaria couldn't use Age Seal?
I mean, once she's a mouse what is she gonna do? Go Chronos mouse form and tickle Irene??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top