Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
He was in FDKM mode when he entered the battlefield. Plus, even if he wasn't, FDKM natsu couldn't beat a historia of God Serena
He used an FDK spell. That's not the same thing as being in FDK mode. He used a regular fire dragon's roar right before Invel froze him.

Who said that natsu isn't spriggan level ?? Lol that's absurd..he's clearly mid spriggan tier at least
Well @Woodenstool. I don't break the Spriggans off into tiers. To me they are all just average Spriggans until stated otherwise. In direct combat, Natsu should be able to take down any average Spriggan 12 member with a clean hit from an FDK spell. Some of the more durable ones might require a follow-up hit.
 
Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Ft guild
Gildarts
Laxus
Natsu/maybe gray
Gajeel/erza
Mira
 

Mrwanton

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
256
Reaction score
678
Country
United States
For the spriggans my mindset is more like this

August/Larcade/Irene(Top 3 order irrelevant)

Dimaria/God Serena( High Tier)

Whal/Invel(Sort of in between High and Mid tier.Both defeats are incredibly situational)

Ajeel/Bradman/Brandish( Mid Tier)

Neinhart/Jacob(Meh)
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
High Tier
August
Irene
Larcade
Low Tier
God Serena
Dimaria
Wahl
Invel
Ajeel
Brandish
Bradman
Fodder Spriggans
Jacob
Neinhart
 

Labi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
173
Reaction score
293
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Natsu has the habit of screaming out if he enters a mode.
He never mentioned he went BDKM when entering the Battlefield.
And I think setting the field ablaze isn't a "BDKM Only" skill.
Please, If there isn't any evidence for your statements don't repeat them. It's of no use.
Why would Natsu go BDKM against mere soldiers?
First off count the facts. If there are enough facts that state something then you can try a theory about something that wasn't said. What u do is the same as if I was to say "Natsu is Lucys uncle" or some bull like that. It has no evidence, nor any moments that could somehow make it true or at least possible.

Lol of course Natsu's flames get hotter.
And I forgot to say something.
In FT it isn't just about heat of the flames.
The flames have different proportions, don't they?
For example,
If they didn't have any differences then multiple flames wouldn't be possible, am i right?
I mean what would a FDKM Flame be
when compared to a normal flame, BUT the same heat. Right, it'd be nothing. If heat was all, flames are flames. And there wouldn't be so many different ones. The FDK flame surely has something unique to it. We don't know what it is, maybe the heat. Or maybe not.
First off, Zeref was astonished by Natsu's flames heat when he entered BDKM.
2nd
Jacob screamed in pain after Natsu activated BDKM.
Also as a Fire DS Natsu is surely able to control his flames heat. So he could've fought with Jacob in the guild with BDKM couldn't he? No. The BDKM flame even at it's lowest heat, would be so hot that it would destroy the guild.

That is at least what i assume.


What is really laughable is that people set Spriggans who were defeated by Natsu (Jacob, Neinhart) as the lowest among the Spriggan.
Is it hate? Or something else? I really don't see Jacob being anywhere near the state of weak. Maybe you could see he doesn't excel in something other then his hax magic. But that is proven wrong by Lucy.
She herself said that he excels in hand to hand. And even IF he didn't excel in anything else, why do you set Brandish above him then? You don't know if she can do anything other, or just manipulates mass. Cuz i think just with physical abilities, Jacob would stomp her. So please think trough their powers some more before creating a ranking based off charas who they fought.

It's like saying Gildarts >>>>>>>>>> GS
Cuz he survived Acno.
(even tho if u compare their wounds GS should've been healable if Gildarts survived, or Gildarts should've been killed. Oh no he's an FT member. They don't die.) that would be stupid.
I'll later post a ranking after I consider the strenghts and compare them to one another
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This I never understood.
How can you possibly compare two people who never fought each other, never came across the same opponent. How could you compare their attack power or durability or speed?
Yeah, I see your point. This is exactly the reason why I try not to compare characters from different timeskips. And if I do, then the pre-timeskip character usually loses to the current timeskip character.

But if we're comparing two characters from the same timeskip, I think this method works well. As for hype, it cannot be completely ignored otherwise it would be impossible to compare. But as long as the hype is legitimate, it should be fine. Basically, if two characters never fought, you would compare them to the characters that they have fought. In doing so, try comparing those specific characters to the ones that the other character has fought. Let me reply to your examples so that it seems a little clearer.

For example gray long sword did reasonable damage to invel
All goi attacks combined barely fazed Serena at all
Ezra water sword did alot of damage to ajeel

How could you possibly compare these attacks, especially if you are ignoring the hype of them being around each other level
Well, I usually don't compare specific spells because that doesn't tell us a character's overall power (to a certain extent) but I will for the sake of this discussion.

Starting off with God Serena. His durability is pretty high considering he was able to tank 4 consecutive attacks with minimal damage. You can call the Gods of Ishgar fodders but there is no reason to believe this especially since Jura (who is the weakest among them) was a top-tier wizard in the past arc. Besides, Levy was nervous by their mere presence which is notable considering she didn't react like this in front of the other Fairy Tail top-tier mages. Anyways, because the Gods of Ishgar barely affected God Serena, we can assume that their attacks were average. But keep mind that we've only seen one spell from each of them. Plus, the majority of the fight was off-paneled so we don't exactly know what happened.

Erza's water sword attack isn't that powerful considering Ajeel (who doesn't have withstood it pretty easily. But that doesn't mean Erza is weak because she has other attacks that are a lot more powerful.

As for Gray, I have to wait for the full fight to end. I can't speculate Invel's durability as of right now, so it is impossible to tell whether Gray's has high attack power or not.

And what if there is no cannon comparison, no feat or hype
Like in gmg
Isd gajeel roar compared to Minerva yade rabda (that yakeeno god magic) compared with maybe jura Mt fugti
Minerva and jura attacks were featless but they had alot of hype
Rouge was very weak, though where shadow rouge was, no one knows

So how would you compare these attacks.
Same way how could you possibly compare speed or any other stat.
This one is sort off-topic considering this is a Alvarez Arc Power Ranking Thread, but I'll still try to explain it, nonetheless. It's pretty much the same process as the one above.

So let's start off with Jura. Mt. Fuji is a defensive spell so it's not easy to compare. But since it was able to block Jellal's Grand Chariot (which is a formidable spell in itself), I would say Jura has the highest defensive feats.

As for Minerva's Yagdo Rigora, it was tanked by Erza and Kagura. So if we take Erza and Kagura's durability into account, I can say that the spell is somewhat strong but definitely not one that would put Minerva above everyone else when it comes to attack power.

Now with Gajeel, his ISD roar was capable of defeating Shadow-Possessed Rogue. In terms of where Shadow-Possessed Rogue is, I would say he is on the same level as Gajeel but not ISD Gajeel (who is on Erza's level). Therefore, Gajeel's ISD Roar should be comparable to Yagdo Rigora. This doesn't mean that ISD Gajeel and Minerva are equal though because you have to factor in all the other stats. As for how you determine the other stats, it should be done the same way.

Basically, when you compare...
  • Attack → Take Opponent's Durability into Account
  • Defense → Take Opponent's Attack Power into Account
For the other stats, you compare them to the opponent's respective stats.



Well we can agree to disagree. I tend to think that energy can't be made out of nowhere. I'm willing to speculate that a dragons physiology is better at drawing in ethernano than a human's, but it's speculation. The amount of MP in ones' container is their MP, imo. Tenrou LFD Natsu for example was able to consume all of the MP Laxus gave him. Tenrou LFD's total MP in his container would have been around the same as Laxus' before he started fighting (maybe a little more). However Natsu could burn through it quite quickly - performing at a higher level than Laxus. The same goes for ISD Gajeel at the GMG... he was able to stomp an opponent by taking in some of his shadows.

On the DF needing a certain level of MP, I can agree to that, to some extent. Natsu probably got a brief surge of MP thru PoF vs EF Mard. However you only need to be current Wendy level for MP to trigger Dragon Force. She can do so freely.
Okay, we'll just disagree then. I think MP is dynamic, not static.

As for Wendy, her power level is much weaker, so for her to access Dragon Force, she would need a lot less MP than Natsu. At least that is how i see it. In my opinion, not all dragon slayers need to achieve the same amount of MP to activate Dragon Force. Otherwise, why couldn't Gajeel go DF against Bradman? After all, he is stronger than Wendy and has more MP than her.

I am talking strictly about performance. If everything was about how much MP someone has, then people like Natsu or Gray would just run from a Spriggan. Yet their attitude is "we won't know until we try" << Gray's words when Makarov told him to back off from Ajeel. Natsu or Gray are not packing the MP of a Spriggan, well not at that point of the arc anyway.

I might be underrating Gray... but I'm applying the same degree of assessment with him as I would anyone else. MP is important, but the absolute most important thing is performance, in a battle manga.
I'm not saying everything is about MP, but magic power is probably one of the most important stats. Technically, magic power helps define attack power and defense/endurance. A character with more MP will be able to survive in a battle longer due to having higher stamina. Similarly, a character with more MP will be able to use stronger attacks because they can channel more magic energy into their attacks. In my opinion, Gray and Natsu (at full-power) aren't that far behind the Spriggans when it comes to MP.

I agree performance is important. But a large part of performance is determined by magic power (as well as other stats like attack and durability).

I tend to believe DF Natsu can outfight Gildarts for the limited time he had it activated. He can overwhelm Mard, so he could overwhelm Gildarts or Hades. Silver isn't someone who has a chance against Hades or Gildarts.

I agree MP is important... I just think performance is basically the product of all stats. Someone's MP will drive their performance, but MP doesn't decide every battle. However I can understand that line of thinking of yours, and I am not saying it's incorrect (I disagree, that's all).
I disagree. DF Natsu won't outfight Gildarts who I put on a higher level than Hades and Mard Geer. Also, DF Natsu barely overwhelmed Mard Geer... He just landed one good hit but Mard Geer was able to compose himself rather quickly afterwards.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Ft guild
Gildarts
Laxus
Natsu/maybe gray
Gajeel/erza
Mira
Erza is way faster than Natsu and his flames don't mean anything if Erza uses wind God sword combined with her flame armor. Natsu isn't capable of reacting to Erzas speed. The durability is a different story, Natsu has dragon like skin meaning regular swords don't mean jack shit. However, If Erza uses her speed and strength in one attack, she could pierce Natsu.

Gajeel and Natsu are equals, just because Natsu has demolition fist doesn't mean he's stronger. Remember, Gajeel has shadow mode, something that Natsu can't do phyiscal damage to.

Gray is way stronger than Natsu, I mean WAY stronger. He's blitzing Invel and rendering all Invels attacks useless in his base form. He's basically giving Invel what Natsu did to Zeref on a smaller scale.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
High Tier
August
Irene
Larcade
Low Tier
God Serena
Dimaria
Wahl
Invel
Ajeel
Brandish
Bradman
Fodder Spriggans
Jacob
Neinhart
Umm. Dimaira can stop time meaning she wins every battle. God Serena can eat Augusts and Irene's spells. Brandish throws a handful of dirt and turns each into a mountain and crushes them. Jacob transport them all, Walh sits back a few miles on a boat and launch his cannon which was meant to destroy the entire town of Hagerion, or his minions. There's a reason why Brandish said they're all equal.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Sry but the Natsu hate just reeks out of that post.

First off,
In BDKM, he literally he enters the "Igneel Mode" that means his flames would have the heat of Igneels flames when he roared Acno.
Those are the flames of the fire dragon king. Apparently, Natsus flames get hotter the more magic he has so There is NO way BDKM Flames are just as hot as his base flames.
If you say the flames themselves aren't hotter then the BDKM is a magical power boost.
In that case Natsu's flames get hotter cuz he has more MP.

If you say it isn't a MP boost then the only thing that would make BDKM just SOMEWHAT useful is that his flames get hotter.
So yes, BDKM flames are hotter then base flames.

And for the evidence,
Jacob vs. Natsu fight. In the guild Natsu punched jacob with his base flames and he didn't complain about the heat in the slightest.

When they were punched outside Natsu used BDKM and he literally nearly couldn't even scream cuz of the heat. So here's your evidence.

Also u said that Natsu himdelf wouldn't have beaten Ikutsunagi?
Bull. Utter bull. Please go get some information and don't act out of rage or hate.

Also in the fight with Jacob he wasn't above of Jacob. Where did u get that info? Are we talking about FT? Wich manga are u reading? Tell to care?

Cuz it clearly isn't FT.
Natsu and Jacob were thrown in a straight line. So Natsu was NOT above him.
And I'm sure that Natsu could use demolition fist if he runs a few metres.
Or wait, you say he couldn't? Where's your evidence.

He is clearly on Spriggan level and that's it.
As for the enhanced Nineheart.
I wonder how strong he will be :/
The only thing I'm excited about is what Nineheart can do, and how Gray trashes Invel. The other things don't interest me in the slightest.
This chapter, cuz we already know what'll happen, is the biggest dissapointment since FT's beginning.
I can't really describe how HARD Mashima fucked up. Dead people stay dead. Learn that, you dumbass of an Mangaka.
I really am enraged.
It's a pity. Normally a 100th chapter should be epicness personified. And what does he do? He ruins it. Wow, Gray get's to know END's indentity. And now?
What of it? In chaptwr 500 i would have expected something much more epic. Like END awakening. Or some Acno backstory would've been better than Gray getting some info. It sucks.
I also look somewhat forward to Dimarias future actions. And a bit now what Gray will do but well.
I think my interest in FT is fading. Here I thought FT's maybe last arc would get something special. But in reality, from the overhyped enemies to the "deaths", everything is a more than huge dissapointment.
I mean, like, Mashima is seeing what his fans want, he is seeing that sooo many Fans don't like his course of action. So why the heck does he do that?
Juvias "revival" is really the worst.
Gajeels too. I mean yeah he was dragged into hell, but miss eileen just by coincendce teleports just HIM, a single person, whose body was, as stated by himself, dissipated into anti magic particles, and throws him out of hell, regenerates his body, and let's him live his life.
And the worst thing is, she stated the teleportations were randomly, so WHY THE FUCK did it get gajeel?

Oh man, the more I write, the more I get enraged.
I really like the characters don't misunderstand me. But he should pull the stick out of his ass and let the dead stay dead.
No, he's not spriggan 12, Natsu shit his pants when seeing Brandish. Is that enough evidence?
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Natsu > Gildarts.
Gildarts disables all of Natsu's spells with Crash.

Now prove me wrong. You were so proud of your own debating skills last time so I wonder where you'll come up with today.

Just so you know, I'll ignore "Natsu burns through Crash with his body heat".
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
Yeah, I see your point. This is exactly the reason why I try not to compare characters from different timeskips. And if I do, then the pre-timeskip character usually loses to the current timeskip character.

But if we're comparing two characters from the same timeskip, I think this method works well. As for hype, it cannot be completely ignored otherwise it would be impossible to compare. But as long as the hype is legitimate, it should be fine. Basically, if two characters never fought, you would compare them to the characters that they have fought. In doing so, try comparing those specific characters to the ones that the other character has fought. Let me reply to your examples so that it seems a little clearer.



Well, I usually don't compare specific spells because that doesn't tell us a character's overall power (to a certain extent) but I will for the sake of this discussion.

Starting off with God Serena. His durability is pretty high considering he was able to tank 4 consecutive attacks with minimal damage. You can call the Gods of Ishgar fodders but there is no reason to believe this especially since Jura (who is the weakest among them) was a top-tier wizard in the past arc. Besides, Levy was nervous by their mere presence which is notable considering she didn't react like this in front of the other Fairy Tail top-tier mages. Anyways, because the Gods of Ishgar barely affected God Serena, we can assume that their attacks were average. But keep mind that we've only seen one spell from each of them. Plus, the majority of the fight was off-paneled so we don't exactly know what happened.

Erza's water sword attack isn't that powerful considering Ajeel (who doesn't have withstood it pretty easily. But that doesn't mean Erza is weak because she has other attacks that are a lot more powerful.

As for Gray, I have to wait for the full fight to end. I can't speculate Invel's durability as of right now, so it is impossible to tell whether Gray's has high attack power or not.



This one is sort off-topic considering this is a Alvarez Arc Power Ranking Thread, but I'll still try to explain it, nonetheless. It's pretty much the same process as the one above.

So let's start off with Jura. Mt. Fuji is a defensive spell so it's not easy to compare. But since it was able to block Jellal's Grand Chariot (which is a formidable spell in itself), I would say Jura has the highest defensive feats.

As for Minerva's Yagdo Rigora, it was tanked by Erza and Kagura. So if we take Erza and Kagura's durability into account, I can say that the spell is somewhat strong but definitely not one that would put Minerva above everyone else when it comes to attack power.

Now with Gajeel, his ISD roar was capable of defeating Shadow-Possessed Rogue. In terms of where Shadow-Possessed Rogue is, I would say he is on the same level as Gajeel but not ISD Gajeel (who is on Erza's level). Therefore, Gajeel's ISD Roar should be comparable to Yagdo Rigora. This doesn't mean that ISD Gajeel and Minerva are equal though because you have to factor in all the other stats. As for how you determine the other stats, it should be done the same way.

Basically, when you compare...
  • Attack → Take Opponent's Durability into Account
  • Defense → Take Opponent's Attack Power into Account
For the other stats, you compare them to the opponent's respective stats.

.
That seems reasonable
Except one big issue
You didn't actually compare gray attacking power till long sword with erza attacking power and goi attacking power. How would you rank them with respect to each other. Or you could use other characters so I get a better idea how you rank them.

I thought jura Mt. Fuji was the attack he used in pandemonium event.
Would you rank that Minerva attack and that gajeel roar around Laxus roar?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Moderator Notice:
Baiting and insulting other forum members is not acceptable behavior. Please stay on topic.~ Axiomus



Gildarts disables all of Natsu's spells with Crash.

Now prove me wrong. You were so proud of your own debating skills last time so I wonder where you'll come up with today.

Just so you know, I'll ignore "Natsu burns through Crash with his body heat".
Gildarts can only crash attacks he can react to. Natsu's primary method of attacks are punches. If Natsu punches Gildarts in the face or gut, Gildarts won't be able to crash the attack before he gets damaged by it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Erza is way faster than Natsu and his flames don't mean anything if Erza uses wind God sword combined with her flame armor. Natsu isn't capable of reacting to Erzas speed. The durability is a different story, Natsu has dragon like skin meaning regular swords don't mean jack shit. However, If Erza uses her speed and strength in one attack, she could pierce Natsu.

Gajeel and Natsu are equals, just because Natsu has demolition fist doesn't mean he's stronger. Remember, Gajeel has shadow mode, something that Natsu can't do phyiscal damage to.

Gray is way stronger than Natsu, I mean WAY stronger. He's blitzing Invel and rendering all Invels attacks useless in his base form. He's basically giving Invel what Natsu did to Zeref on a smaller scale.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Umm. Dimaira can stop time meaning she wins every battle. God Serena can eat Augusts and Irene's spells. Brandish throws a handful of dirt and turns each into a mountain and crushes them. Jacob transport them all, Walh sits back a few miles on a boat and launch his cannon which was meant to destroy the entire town of Hagerion, or his minions. There's a reason why Brandish said they're all equal.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

No, he's not spriggan 12, Natsu shit his pants when seeing Brandish. Is that enough evidence?
Wind God's sword is unlikely to be able to disperse Natsu's flames.
Flame empress armour might reduce damage, but it wouldn't be anywhere near significant.
Why wouldn't Natsu be capable of reacting to Erza's speed? Erza couldn't pierce Ajeel with nakagami starlight. She is unlikely to be able to pierce Natsu.
Natsu was able to damage Rogue, who also had shadow mode. Gajeel isn't in shadow all the time.
Natsu is capable of taking out Spriggans in a single hit, whereas Gray takes several to take down Invel.

Natsu had arguably the most tame reaction out of everyone who witnessed. He was the only one who didn't make a comment on her magical power. At least apply this argument to everyone else who reacted to Brandish.
 
Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
Gildarts can only crash attacks he can react to. Natsu's primary method of attacks are punches. If Natsu punches Gildarts in the face or gut, Gildarts won't be able to crash the attack before he gets damaged by it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Wind God's sword is unlikely to be able to disperse Natsu's flames. Flame empress armour might reduce damage, but it wouldn't be anywhere near significant.
Why wouldn't Natsu be capable of reacting to Erza's speed? Erza couldn't pierce Ajeel with nakagami starlight. She is unlikely to be able to pierce Natsu.
Natsu was able to damage Rogue, who also had shadow mode. Gajeel isn't in shadow all the time.
Natsu is capable of taking out Spriggans in a single hit, whereas Gray takes several to take down Invel.

Natsu had arguably the most tame reaction out of everyone who witnessed. He was the only one who didn't make a comment on her magical power.
Honestly taking out a spriggan like neinhart isn't a big feat xD he's really weak compared to the others..and i would be disapointed in invel if gray was capable to one shot him..but yes natsu is above gajeel and erza and gray is below him..
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
People can rank how they want to, but Hyberion is probably stronger than Laxus is unlikely to be said.

Imo, the only thing Hyberion could edge Laxus on is MP. After that Hyberion's combat skills suffer. His performance against Serena (with help) wasn't great. To be honest Hyberion is not a good a fighter as Erza.

Laxus does get a lot of love and overrated a bit, but that's mainly because his feats are quite substantial. He also doesn't suffer from being underrated that often, unlike other characters who do (half the Spriggans and Erza mainly get underrated imo).
I disagree about Laxus feats being really that substantial than others.
People make it out like that, and the results end with Laxus being extremely over rated
Here is an example
:hurr
I mean Tenrou Erza with the rest of Team Natsu were crushed by Hades. Idk the pecking order kinda went LFD Natsu > Hades > Laxus >= Makarov > Team Natsu > Erza for combat ability.
this seems perfectly reasonable. But some vital information is actually missing here
Let me fill those
LFD Natsu > Hades > Laxus(taken out by Hades immediately after Hades started to fight, took only Ames 25 formula to have him on his knees and talking about monsters) >= Makarov (taken out by Hades after Jupiter cannon, shocked to see his old master thus being hit causing him to lose titan form, Ames 25 formula, ames 100 formula and finally a heart attack ) > Team Natsu (wrecked team natsu, nearly all were involved in four conflicts before this, gray nearly lost conscious a page before attacking Hades, around six pages before that erza was having trouble taking a step)> Ezra (canonically never been stated to be weaker than Laxus atleast till this arc)

Now this looks a little different
To add perspective
Lexus was involved in three fights and wasn't injured much before natsu defeated him, in ff arc
And on gmg last day, fairy tail were involved in two fights and non till death fight and sting was hyped to take um all out

Now what you should have written was
LFD Natsu > Hades > Makarov >>> Laxus > wrecked Team Natsu > lisana
But this isn't that substantial at all. But normally people will use this comparison to hype laxus.

Another example
In gmg , laxus feat are barely more substantial than erza feat again. How?
Raven tail, no hype.
Pandemonium, WS tier monster and 99 more monsters which erza takes out without SO.

Lexus takes out jura
Jura max hype Mira + pre SO erza (lets ignore for a moment that hype comparing good guys and bad guys are normally wrong)
Kagura with her sword sheathed was so powerful that markarov said she is stronger than erza
And mavis craped herself when Minerva did her nuke
What you get is kagura (sheathed) > erza (this is not real erza, this is the erza people know about, the one Mira compared with jura)
Minerva = erza (this is not real erza, this is the erza people know about, the one Mira compared with jura, because how shock Mavis was)

Ezra took um both out. One after the other. And even fought with unnecessary injury (broken leg)
So Laxus achievement might be better that last day, but not by huge amount at all.
But again Laxus feat would be considered much more substantial than erza. I mean I am talking distance between earth and heaven level difference here

Same with that way he defeated Wahl
With immunity and cancer, he won. Lexus is agreed to be tier above Wahl.
But when erza beat koyoka without her senses and pain senses to max
People go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss pulllllllllllllllllll"
Apparently alot of people thinks she is around kagura level now :cookiestare

Thus, to conclude my thesis Laxus feats aren't that substantial, they are made to look like that by the fans :twitch
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Honestly taking out a spriggan like neinhart isn't a big feat xD he's really weak compared to the others..and i would be disapointed in invel if gray was capable to one shot him..but yes natsu is above gajeel and erza and gray is below him..
Why would Neinhart be considered weaker than a Spriggan like Brandish, Jacob, or Invel?

I don't necessarily believe that there is a large power-gap in overall MP between Natsu, Gajeel, and Gray. However, I rank demolition fist as being a stronger attack than Gray's individual attacks (Gray's collective attacks can match demolition fist in damage). I also rank Gajeel's collective attacks as doing more damage than demolition fist, as Gajeel killed Spriggan.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,777
Country
United States
Why would Neinhart be considered weaker than a Spriggan like Brandish, Jacob, or Invel?

I don't necessarily believe that there is a large power-gap in overall MP between Natsu, Gajeel, and Gray. However, I rank demolition fist as being a stronger attack than Gray's individual attacks (Gray's collective attacks can match demolition fist in damage). I also rank Gajeel's collective attacks as doing more damage than demolition fist, as Gajeel killed Spriggan.
His durability is trash and so are his other stats and abilities bar his Historia. Taking him out is nowhere near taking out an actual Spriggan level opponent. It's stats nor his other abilities has lived up to a Spriggan standard.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
His durability is trash and so are his other stats and abilities bar his Historia. Taking him out is nowhere near taking out an actual Spriggan level opponent. It's stats nor his other abilities has lived up to a Spriggan standard.
I've always maintained that since Neinhart has spriggan level magical power, his durability would scale to that of any other Spriggan whose magic doesn't further enhance their durability. As for Neinhart's attacks, I'd prefer to wait to see what he does in the upcoming chapter before judging him on that.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,777
Country
United States
To say that MP increases though means more ethernano is entering Natsu. He doesn't need to take in MP for DF, but it burns thru his power quicker.

Tbh I would classify Miralegria the same as DF, Nakagami... or anything that allows MP to be consumed quickly. Many wizards have shown that they can power up. This doesn't change their quantity of MP, but only their quality and output. The only 2 other power sources I can think of outside the ones I mentioned in my previous post are PoF and darkness (pending). Thats how I think magic works. Hiro doesn't define it, but you can deduce these things. There are several examples.



DF Natsu > Demonised Gray > DeS Gray ~ Natsu > Pre-Silver Gray. Gray only ever really became comparable to Natsu after getting Silver's MP.



Ethernano does passively flow into a mage as time goes on, but mid battle he's not going to refill the tank so easily. When Natsu entered DF I doubt he had half his MP.

I meant Silvers MP (his total, not what he gave to Gray) would be more than Natsu's (at the point of using DF)... and that difference would be relatively the same type of difference as Mard to Silver.

However, this argument of magic power quantities isn't really that important. MP feeds all other stats, so performance is the key indicator at the end of the day. Idk if Natsu has more MP than Silver... but I know DF Natsu would wipe the floor with a Silver-tiered wizard... up until the point that Natsu has no more power left. And this is all deduced by performance. Equating things by guessing MP levels to begin with is starting at the wrong end, imo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


I think when we account for Sema and how much stronger that is than GC, then this would put Jellal's attack power at a higher level. GC is basically a mid-tier spell for Jellal. I am definitely being generous to Jellal and I wouldn't be surprised if Laxus was stronger, but my feeling is that they're about the same.

To be clear I don't rate Jellal as equal to Laxus on feats. Jellal's lack but he's yet to have a full fight, and when he did something he did take out Neinhart.
Red Lightning took out Wall who's an offensive monster while GC only took out Neinhart who hid behind Simon. Not to mention that spell is one of his upper spells with only Sema being above it so I highly doubt that was only a "mid" tier spell of his. Also Laxus didn't use his Dragon Slayer abilities in his fight with Wall either so Laxus could have even RL DS now.

Yes but taking out Neinhart whose strong Historia have already been taken out isn't really a feat tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I've always maintained that since Neinhart has spriggan level magical power, his durability would scale to that of any other Spriggan whose magic doesn't further enhance their durability. As for Neinhart's attacks, I'd prefer to wait to see what he does in the upcoming chapter before judging him on that.
His attack on Jellal was pretty lackluster and he can't win against Erza w/o Historia so there's that. Also his durability really can't be scaled to other S12 when we've already seen his durability showings and they don't match up to the other S12. He's also the only Spriggan that was oneshotted by a mage of Ishgar.
 
Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That seems reasonable
Except one big issue
You didn't actually compare gray attacking power till long sword with erza attacking power and goi attacking power. How would you rank them with respect to each other. Or you could use other characters so I get a better idea how you rank them.
Well, I can't compare Gray's attack power yet because I haven't seen all of his feats. But what I can say is that his attack power is at least on Erza's level. As for the Gods of Ishgar, I would say Hyberion has higher attack power than Erza (not by much). The reason I say this is because August was impressed by his spell. Wolfheim has about the same level of attack power as Erza. And Warrod/Jura are a little below Erza in terms of attack power.

I thought jura Mt. Fuji was the attack he used in pandemonium event.
Would you rank that Minerva attack and that gajeel roar around Laxus roar?
Oh, yeah, I remember now. Sorry, you're right. I was thinking of Jura's Rock Mountain.

The attack that Jura used on the MPF was pretty impressive, in my opinion. It was at least 2x stronger than Orga's strongest attack. In my opinion, Laxus' roar is a little stronger than Minerva's Yagdo Rigora and Gajeel's ISD Roar. If we're talking about that GMG Arc that is...
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Baiting and insulting other forum members is not acceptable behavior. Please stay on topic.~ Axiomus





Gildarts can only crash attacks he can react to. Natsu's primary method of attacks are punches. If Natsu punches Gildarts in the face or gut, Gildarts won't be able to crash the attack before he gets damaged by it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Wind God's sword is unlikely to be able to disperse Natsu's flames.
Flame empress armour might reduce damage, but it wouldn't be anywhere near significant.
Why wouldn't Natsu be capable of reacting to Erza's speed? Erza couldn't pierce Ajeel with nakagami starlight. She is unlikely to be able to pierce Natsu.
Natsu was able to damage Rogue, who also had shadow mode. Gajeel isn't in shadow all the time.
Natsu is capable of taking out Spriggans in a single hit, whereas Gray takes several to take down Invel.

Natsu had arguably the most tame reaction out of everyone who witnessed. He was the only one who didn't make a comment on her magical power. At least apply this argument to everyone else who reacted to Brandish.
Gildarts has poof speed and Natsu was beaten very badly in a fight by Gildarts when he wasn't moving. Also he had one arm. Even in the Tatarus arc when they met, Gildarts had a smile while dodging all of his attacks. Natsu would never land a hit on Gildarts if they're serious from the start. Gildarts get in Natsus face instantaneously just like Byro and God Serena and throws multiple mountain busting punches. Gildarts has insane durability, His body is cloaked in Crash which is why when he walks, walls breaks.

You bring up Natsu hitting Gildarts, but that would never happen in a fight.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ajeel is still average spriggan level. Your downplaying him here.
I'm not downplaying Ajeel.... What feats has the guy shown to even be placed on Average Spriggan Level.

His feats are only as good as low-tier Spriggan level. Natsu burned Ajeel's strongest sand nukes like they were nothing.

Nobody has ever been seriously injured by Ajeel except Erza who is not Spriggan level.


The MH fanbase is downplaying Invel.

Invel has shown feats that parallel Natsu and Gray. Not only does he possess the coldest ice in the series out of all the ice mages, but he also injured Gray several times and insta-froze Natsu once.

I'm not asking you to like Invel or Ajeel, but it isn't hard to recognize the difference between their power levels and feats.



Base Wahl was defeating Minerva while Bradman had to go all out to defeat Rogue. I think its way more likely that Wahl is simply a head above Bradman then Rogue being a head over Minerva (if anything Minerva would be a head over Rogue).

In regards to Wahls durability. Lightning is used to enhanced Laxuses own strength so that he hits harder, I fail to see why immunity to lightning would matter. Its no different then saying that Laxus wouldn't get faster from lightning coat because Wahl is immune to lightning........even if that wasn't the case no-selling physical attack from Laxus is still something impressive, Natsu one-shotted Neinhart like that.

As for the comparison between Wahl and Bradman, I am really curious to know where you got the idea that Wahl is toying with Minerva while Bradman was going full power against Rogue.

I literally don't see anywhere that Bradman has gone full-powered on Sabertooth's Rogue while Wahl has easily defeated Minerva.

If anything, they are equal because while Bradman may lack offense, he makes it up for defense. On the contrary, Wahl lacks defense, but makes it up for offense.

I literally don't see any difference between Wahl and Bradman, they both have good feats that put them on par with each other.



As for Wahl's durability, immunity to lightning does matter.

First of all, even if lightning did enhance Laxus strength... that wouldn't be the case against Wahl.

Lightning doesn't make your muscles grow bigger, that much I assure you.

Once any lightning hits Wahl's metal body, the lightning effects are immediately negated and no damage is transferred.

As it turned out, regular lightning doesn't affect Wahl.

But when Laxus used RL which is "some lightning that surpasses lightning itself", then Wahl was oneshotted.

This tells you that Wahl has crap durability because he was defeated by lightning which he is 100% immune to.
 

Labi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
173
Reaction score
293
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Erza is way faster than Natsu and his flames don't mean anything if Erza uses wind God sword combined with her flame armor. Natsu isn't capable of reacting to Erzas speed. The durability is a different story, Natsu has dragon like skin meaning regular swords don't mean jack shit. However, If Erza uses her speed and strength in one attack, she could pierce Natsu.

Gajeel and Natsu are equals, just because Natsu has demolition fist doesn't mean he's stronger. Remember, Gajeel has shadow mode, something that Natsu can't do phyiscal damage to.

Gray is way stronger than Natsu, I mean WAY stronger. He's blitzing Invel and rendering all Invels attacks useless in his base form. He's basically giving Invel what Natsu did to Zeref on a smaller scale.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Umm. Dimaira can stop time meaning she wins every battle. God Serena can eat Augusts and Irene's spells. Brandish throws a handful of dirt and turns each into a mountain and crushes them. Jacob transport them all, Walh sits back a few miles on a boat and launch his cannon which was meant to destroy the entire town of Hagerion, or his minions. There's a reason why Brandish said they're all equal.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

No, he's not spriggan 12, Natsu shit his pants when seeing Brandish. Is that enough evidence?
Oh my,
I remember Gray shitting his pants even more :3
Where the fuck are Natsu and Gajeel equal? Gajeel is like the weakest shit in Alvarez arc. DF somehow made him strong but that's it. Don't go Natsu hate without any agreeable arguments.

Gray is stronger then Natsu?
Where the fuck did u get that from?
Cuz he stomps Invel?
Imagine Invel being the same mage.. Just with fire as his element.
Natsu would stomp him trough the Planet.
Natsu and Gray can be considered equal. But not with Gajeel.
Erza? HAHAHA
In this arc, she too, isn't really special. Natsu and Gray would both stomp her.
And please what does Erzas Fire armor mean? Nothing. It doesn't negate flames... It just shields you from them... To some extent. No full guard. Wind? Really? I would worry about Wind if it were maybe Wendy but Erza srsly? Remember Natsu vs Erigor? In his early days Natsu destroyed something stupid like some whirlwind...
And now his flames are idk how much hotter and he has the flames of Igneel.
U really wanna say the Flames of the Great King of Fire Dragons, wich even Acno couldn't negate or withstand them (even if he had no damage he couldn't push them away or something) would lose against Erza? It's basically the same thing if Natsu does a roar of that scale.
U, like, REALLY think Erza won't get hurt?
Well if there was some sort of exam about Fairy Tail strenghts, if I look at your skill of comparing strenghts, then good luck pal.
But try getting some facts and arguments and not just spouting some words here and there.
I can also say
Natsu is way stronger then August, like, WAY STRONGER.
But that doesn't make it true 'till I have arguments for backup...
--- Double Post Merged, ---
As for Gildarts...
That man now is in his prime...
Natsu is far from it.
Don't compare such silly fights ok?
And Natsu would in my opinion stomp the Gildarts after tartarus. Something happened that made him THAT much stronger. Remember.. In tenrou he was bluenote lvl. Natsu one shot bluenote.
That means Natsu >>>>>> Tenrou Gildarts
Idk bout Tartaros Gildarts but his look was the old one there soooo meh idk i think his change of looks happened when he got stronger.
So yeah.. An incredible mage... BUT I WON'T say Natsu doesn't have a chance. Yeah in the end, he would lose imo, but he would give him a nice fight.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top