- Joined
- May 18, 2016
- Messages
- 785
- Reaction score
- 2,437
- Age
- 31
- Country
-
Wahl and Ajeel seem to be the most underrated Spriggan. Bradman is being overrated a fair bit.
We know he is capable of potentially defeating Acnologia, though we do not know the exact means. Either way to even have the capability of such a thing puts him up there and he is the only Spriggan that Mavis specifically pointed out alongside Irene and August.Why is Larcade on the list when we have no idea what he's capable of?
He has gotten stronger, before the TS he was hovering around low GoI level whereas now he is Serena+ levels of strength.And if Gildarts has gotten stronger, he's easily the top mage in FT, if not top three. I'd put Natsu, Gray, and/or Erza on an equal standing though, probably.
Idk, ask hiro. He has something planned for him, not me. I think Larcade won't be outright stronger then Acno but rather a perfect counter. Though being a perfect counter still only gets you so far. If he can hold his own enough to enact the "perfect counter" that alone puts him above anyone other then August and Irene among the Spriggan.If he is, why wouldn't Zeref team up with Larcade to take out Acnologia? Hell, Irene and August would result in a sure victory for the four, no?
Current Gildarts might be able to not get insta one-shotted depending on how fast he is. I still don't know if there would be a legitimate fight though. Gildarts prior to the TS gets the Serena treatment though, unless his injuries post-acno affected his magic power.Oh, okay, so that means Gildarts might do better against Acnologia. From what I determined from the translation on MangaPanda, Acnologia look his fight with Gildarts somewhat seriously while against the other FT, it was just playing around.
I feel like you putting Gajeel above Bradman is wrong,Gajeel had a huge advantage in their fight,he also needed Levy's help to defeat Bradman,he certainly isn't stronger than Brad.My rankings... each gap = tier change
Acnologia
Zeref, END
Irene, August, Larcade (hype only)
Jellal, Laxus, Natsu, Gildarts, DiMaria
God Serena, Wall, Gray, Gajeel
Invel, Ajeel, Brandish, Bloodman, Jacob, Neinhart
Erza, TO-Sherria, Mirajane, Kagura
Minerva, Sting, Rogue, Lyon, Lucy
Freed, Cana, Wendy, Elfman, Juvia
Lisanna, Evergreen, Bickslow, Ichiya
Additional comments:
- Larcade has hype so I'm going to let it go. He's probably got a hax than can nerf Acno rather than overpower Acno, but for now I don't mind putting him there with Irene and August
- Gray is given the benefit of the doubt that he can use the darkness within him, and Gajeel is given the benefit of the doubt he can use DF. If they can't they fall to Erza-level.
- Mira and Kagura are given the benefit of the doubt that they are near Erza is power. They could be lower.
I think @Brandish got it right with Gajeel being above Bloodman. I didn't see Gajeel get a huge advantage in the fight tbh, he only gained the ability to hit Bloodman after ingesting the particles which triggered his Dragon Force. That isn't an advantage, that is just Gajeel using what is likely his strongest mode. That strongest mode helped him beat Bloodman with mere punches, therefore I think it is fair to put Gajeel above Bloodman.I feel like you putting Gajeel above Bradman is wrong,Gajeel had a huge advantage in their fight,he also needed Levy's help to defeat Bradman,he certainly isn't stronger than Brad.
TO Sherria is being below Spriggans is wrong,I would even say she can give some mid-tier Spriggans a run,she certainly is stronger than Erza too.
I feel putting Natsu,Jellal and Laxus above Wahl and God Serena is a bit wrong,I believe they are close to equals,especially since Gildarts said that if Serena was at full power,he wouldn't know who would win between them,that puts him equal to Gildarts imo.
I think Gray and Natsu are Equals,they should be in the same tier.
As for END,I believe he should be either in a tier of his own slightly above the top 2 or in the same tier as them.
But the rest sounds right to me.
You get that Bradman's biggest strength is his intangibility,which means when Gajeel went DF,Bradman's strongest ability got nullified,that is a big advantage.I think @Brandish got it right with Gajeel being above Bloodman. I didn't see Gajeel get a huge advantage in the fight tbh, he only gained the ability to hit Bloodman after ingesting the particles which triggered his Dragon Force. That isn't an advantage, that is just Gajeel using what is likely his strongest mode. That strongest mode helped him beat Bloodman with mere punches, therefore I think it is fair to put Gajeel above Bloodman.
I can't disagree more on the Gray and Natsu being equals thing. Gray hasn't shown he is on Natsu's level imo, Natsu has (for the past few arcs at the very least) shown he is the stronger of the two. They haven't had a properly equal showing in ages, and with Natsu having stuff like FDKM and Dragon Force at his disposal, Gray certainly isn't on that level of power.
His intangibility being overcome doesn't mean Gajeel got an advantage at all, rather he was then on a level playing field as they could both hit each other. The ability wasn't nullified per say either, Gajeel just managed to adapt to the particles and actually hit him.You get that Bradman's biggest strength is his intangibility,which means when Gajeel went DF,Bradman's strongest ability got nullified,that is a big advantage.
As for Natsu and Gray.In Tartaros,DeS Gray was at least,an equal to DF Natsu,if not stronger.We also haven't seen Natsu use DF yet.
And if you ask me,DeS Gray is an equal to FDKM Natsu.
Gajeel only beat Bradman because of the plot...I think @Brandish got it right with Gajeel being above Bloodman. I didn't see Gajeel get a huge advantage in the fight tbh, he only gained the ability to hit Bloodman after ingesting the particles which triggered his Dragon Force. That isn't an advantage, that is just Gajeel using what is likely his strongest mode. That strongest mode helped him beat Bloodman with mere punches, therefore I think it is fair to put Gajeel above Bloodman.
And even then, him going DF doesn't mean he can hit Bradman, it was only because he ate the MBP's specifically that allowed him to change the properties of his magic and hit Bradman. So if it had just been regular DF Gajeel (through activation or eating excess Iron) he likely couldn't hit Bradman.To be honest, DF is pretty irrelevant in this case, because Gajeel couldn't activate it at will..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I agree with this, though Jacob could be higher due to Transport. That said he does have a crippling weakness in virgin eyes, something horrendous in this manga.My tier list would be (a single spacing indicates 1 tier difference like this :
Zeref
August)
Acnologia
END, Zeref
August, Irene
Larcade (by hype)
Dimaria, Gildarts, God Serena, Invel, Bradman, Laxus, Natsu, Gray, Wahl, Brandish, Jellal
Jacob, Ajeel, Erza, Neinhart, Mirajane
(in no order) Lucy, Wendy, Kagura/Minerva (?), Makarov
I have Bloodman vs Gajeel as DF Gajeel > Bloodman > Base Gajeel. In DF, Gajeel can defeat Bloodman rather quickly. The main reason I don't outright place Gajeel higher is because he used Bloodman's particles to start DF. So like I said he'd fall in the ranks if he can't use DF. I also think it's unfair to downgrade Gajeel because Bloodman's intangibility is negated in their fight, and if that didn't happen then Bloodman wins. While this is true, this would also apply to people like God Serena or Laxus or Jellal etc who don't have known way to deal with intangibility.I feel like you putting Gajeel above Bradman is wrong,Gajeel had a huge advantage in their fight,he also needed Levy's help to defeat Bradman,he certainly isn't stronger than Brad.
TO Sherria is being below Spriggans is wrong,I would even say she can give some mid-tier Spriggans a run,she certainly is stronger than Erza too.
I feel putting Natsu,Jellal and Laxus above Wahl and God Serena is a bit wrong,I believe they are close to equals,especially since Gildarts said that if Serena was at full power,he wouldn't know who would win between them,that puts him equal to Gildarts imo.
I think Gray and Natsu are Equals,they should be in the same tier.
As for END,I believe he should be either in a tier of his own slightly above the top 2 or in the same tier as them.
But the rest sounds right to me.
Sandworld is the best spell by a fair way because of the advantages it gives Ajeel. Sands of Death is purely an offensive spell. Idk how strong it is, but Laxus can stop it with a lightning bolt... doesn't mean the lightning bolt is stronger though it makes some sense to think of it that way.On second thought, is Ajeel's strongest technique Sands of Death or Sand World?
What advantages? The only thing it did was rob Erza of her chance to attack him, it was similar to Simon's Dark Moment in the Tower of Heaven, I don't think it's Ajeel's strongest move personally..Sandworld is the best spell by a fair way because of the advantages it gives Ajeel.
Laxus was in the air, I don't think the effect would be the same on the ground, he had the advantage of the terrain there..Laxus can stop it with a lightning bolt.