Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
On the other hand, this....
For one there is Brandish's fight with Lucy.
Then there is the Dimaria confrontation
Then there is Dimaria dragging Natsu and Lucy to some random house and tying them up.
Then there is Dimaria's defeat by END, Lucy was knocked out during this time and could have been out for a few minutes or a few hours, enough time for Porlyusica to find Brandish, patch her up and then find Lucy.
Then there is Natsu's encounter with Gray.
Then there is Eileen enchanting the Berserkers.
....has nothing to do with Neinhart or the Historia's so I don't see what that has to do with Fairy Law, Neinhart's defeat or Rogue & Minerva actually beating them. *Not trying to be rude when I say that* Again, everything that's taken place since 494 has all been in the same day (as far as I recall). I say that because since 494, I don't recall a "nighttime" scene once or even a "darkening" of the sky...you know, to show it's getting later in the day.
I just mentioned it to show that a fair bit of stuffed happened between Neinharts defeat(just before Dimaria showed herself) and the Historias fading away(just after Fairy Law was cast). I agree that it all happened the same day, but i also believe that an hour minimum has past between Neinhart's defeat and the Historia's, and imo if they were directly connected they should have faded away the moment Neinhart was oneshot by Natsu, i mean, why would there be a delay for them to fade? Even just a few minutes difference doesnt really make sense.
However i do see where you are coming from and Minerva did imply Neinhart may have been the cause, could be either
 

Kyroux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
384
Age
36
Country
Alvarez Empire
Spriggan 12 Tiers (My opinion of the Spriggan 12's ranks)

Top Tier

August
Irene
Larcade

High Tier
God Serena
Dimaria
Brandish

Mid Tier
Invel (maybe High)
Wall
Bloodman (maybe Low)

Low Tier
Ajeel
Jacob
Neinhart

*Erza* I'm bringing her up because of the latest chapter (513). She couldn't solo Ajeel, who I feel is one of the lower tier Spriggan, but she's fighting Irene (who's on UP there). Hmmmm. Maybe mommy dearest will...........................nevermind. I don't see Irene making it easy for Erza. Daughter or not. LOL!

Mr. Hiro Mashima, I'm looking forward to a good fight, in 514 or later from Erza v.s. Irene, but please don't give Erza a win when she's not on Irene's level. LOL! We just saw a similar thing with Sting v.s. Larcade. Enough!!!! I want to see some annihilation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Jk. Do your thing Hiro!
 
Last edited:

Am Shegar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
184
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
I dont know where to put it so I just leave this post here. What do you think about 1 year timeskip powerups? In most of powerlevel discussions people say that pre timeskip characters is completely useless now. Many people say that in 1 year FT gain so much powers that abilites like instafreeze, macro just will not work on them. For example after Invel battle people rank Gray that high that I afraid of them putting Gray above Mard Geer or Hades (despite of Gray havnig elemental slayer anvantage in that battle like 50 or 80 or 95% ice resist. Fire slayer Natsu is completely immune to fire as I remember). And Gray did not demonstrate to us feat more impressive than Silvers townfreeze to tell that Gray surpassed Silver yet. More than that people completely deny ranks of preTS characters. "Four gods of ishgar? They have no feats so they are weak. Hades? No feats post TS so any of postTS characters is stronger than he was. Tartaros? They can solo magic counsil? Anyone of them can solo army? What a joke." And Jose, not the strongest WS, stompes Erza that hard that she could not do anything. She can fight him now only because of nakagami and yet I have a doubt who will win. What I am saying is that timeskip lasted 1 YEAR and on more. What was special about that year? In 1 year it is impossable to became 2 or 3 times stronger. If it would be like that than Jura who was not of tenrou island would became real GOD in 8 years. But he is still weaker than Warrod or Hyberion. And WS or Tartaros was rumored to be superpowerful for decades (for tartarus may be for centuaries). If anyone who can train 1 year can surpass them than why people were afraid of them for that long? In all this timeskip powerup thing only Natsu getting 2-3 times stronger make sence: Natsu got Igneels power (extraordinary case) and END power (this one too). But rest of them could not possibly became that powerful to STOMP characters whose power was on top (like tartarus or 7 kins of purgatory or Bluenote). Personnally I think that Hades and Mardgeer must be on Spriggan lvl (may be low spriggan tier but still around Ajeel). IMHO difference between powerlevel in arcs is that previous arcs had only one final bosses with top power (Jellal, Lexus, Zero, Hades). This arc have cast of 12 minibosses who are like final bosses in terms of power. But to tell they are completely above all of previous final bosses is debatable. And if Erza can stomp Jose now and Gray can stomp Silver than all powerlevel system is a joke and I will wait for Romero to stomp Laxus because of Romeros 8 years of supertraining.
 
Last edited:

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
I dont know where to put it so I just leave this post here. What do you think about 1 year timeskip powerups? In most of powerlevel discussions people say that pre timeskip characters is completely useless now. Many people say that in 1 year FT gain so much powers that abilites like instafreeze, macro just will not work on them. For example after Invel battle people rank Gray that high that I afraid of them putting Gray above Mard Geer or Hades (despite of Gray havnig elemental slayer anvantage in that battle like 50 or 80 or 95% ice resist. Fire slayer Natsu is completely immune to fire as I remember). And Gray did not demonstrate to us feat more impressive than Silvers townfreeze to tell that Gray surpassed Silver yet. More than that people completely deny ranks of preTS characters. "Four gods of ishgar? They have no feats so they are weak. Hades? No feats post TS so any of postTS characters is stronger than he was. Tartaros? They can solo magic counsil? Anyone of them can solo army? What a joke." And Jose, not the strongest WS, stompes Erza that hard that she could not do anything. She can fight him now only because of nakagami and yet I have a doubt who will win. What I am saying is that timeskip lasted 1 YEAR and on more. What was special about that year? In 1 year it is impossable to became 2 or 3 times stronger. If it would be like that than Jura who was not of tenrou island would became real GOD in 8 years. But he is still weaker than Warrod or Hyberion. And WS or Tartaros was rumored to be superpowerful for decades (for tartarus may be for centuaries). If anyone who can train 1 year can surpass them than why people were afraid of them for that long? In all this timeskip powerup thing only Natsu getting 2-3 times stronger make sence: Natsu got Igneels power (extraordinary case) and END power (this one too). But rest of them could not possibly became that powerful to STOMP characters whose power was on top (like tartarus or 7 kins of purgatory or Bluenote). Personnally I think that Hades and Mardgeer must be on Spriggan lvl (may be low spriggan tier but still around Ajeel). IMHO difference between powerlevel in arcs is that previous arcs had only one final bosses with top power (Jellal, Lexus, Zero, Hades). This arc have cast of 12 minibosses who are like final bosses in terms of power. But to tell they are completely above all of previous final bosses is debatable. And if Erza can stomp Jose now and Gray can stomp Silver than all powerlevel system is a joke and I will wait for Romero to stomp Laxus because of Romeros 8 years of supertraining.
Its cause Mashima himself stated that the spriggans were the most powerful enemies ever faced, not to mention all the hype the manga gives them. And if there are FT characters on par or above spriggans, then they are well beyond previous final boss characters like Mard Geer or Hades.

And even if we ignore the manga straight up telling us the spriggans are on another level, we can see it clearly ourselves how outclassed enemies from previous powerlevels are compared to current powerlevels.
I'll list some.

For one there is Hades. Fought a trashed Laxus just after he beat Wahl and cured his MBPs, but despite these handicaps Laxus still oneshotted him with a mid tier attack, i doubt preskip Laxus could beat Hades while healthy, let alone oneshot, obviously he has improved colossally.

Then there is Ezel, fought Wendy while she was arguably just as trashed as Laxus, had a hole in her leg and could barely move, but despite all that she was still also able to oneshot Ezel with just a mid tier attack. Preskip Wendy needed to eat Etherion and use several attacks, including a secret art.

Then you have Jura, previously thought to be one of the strongest Wizards alive, pre skip Laxus tier, easily defeated by God Serena, alongside 3 other comrades even more powerful than him. Perfectly showcasing just how far above previous top tiers spriggans are.

And of course Bluenote, top tier character, casually oneshotted by Natsu before even putting up a fight.

So yeah, too many top tier characters have proven themselves well below spriggans and FT members to be relevant in current powerlevels. At this point Silver and Mard are soloed by Gray at the same time, Hades and Bluenote are soloed by Natsu, Jura and the GoI are soloed by Laxus,

As for how they got that strong, doesnt really make sense, but thats just the way it is, i guess training with the right motivation can double or triple your strength in a year, not uncommon for manga
 

Am Shegar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
184
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
Post TS Wendy used DF to defeat Ezel just like preTS Wendy. Laxus did not oneshoted Hades, they had offscreen fight. And Laxus is spriggan tier so he could win against historia of Hades (and historia is weaker than original). Spriggan 12 are strong but there were no evidence they all are on another lvl than Hades and Mard. God Serena, Dimaria are stronger indeed. Irene and August are way stronger and on another lvl. But Ajeel, Jacob, Wahl IMHO compareble to Mard and Hades.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Post TS Wendy used DF to defeat Ezel just like preTS Wendy. Laxus did not oneshoted Hades, they had offscreen fight. And Laxus is spriggan tier so he could win against historia of Hades (and historia is weaker than original). Spriggan 12 are strong but there were no evidence they all are on another lvl than Hades and Mard. God Serena, Dimaria are stronger indeed. Irene and August are way stronger and on another lvl. But Ajeel, Jacob, Wahl IMHO compareble to Mard and Hades.
This is where Hiro Sensei himself said the Spriggans are the strongest villains Fairytail ever faced.

So neither Mard Geer nor Hades is on their level.


And current arc's severly injured Wendy defeated Ezel.


And not all Historias are weak.The ones conjured in Hargeon were full 100%.We have Lyon's words proving that Ul's historia is a perfect copy of Ul.Only the Spriggan Historias were weak because conjuring all 3 of them at their fullest is beyond Neinhart's MP.But creating weaker characters like Hades or Ul is not.
 
Last edited:

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
This is where Hiro Sensei himself said the Spriggans are the strongest villains Fairytail ever faced.

So neither Mard Geer nor Hades is on their level.


And current arcs severly injured Wendy defeated Ezel.


And not all Historias are weak.The ones conjured in Hargeon were full 100%.We have Lyon's words proving that Ul's historia is a perfect copy of Ul.Only the Spriggan Historias were weak because conjuring all 3 of them at their fullest is beyond Neinhart's MP.But creating weaker characters like Hades or Ul is not.
Yes Neinhart needed to expend a massive amount of MP to revive such powerful mages. His abilities were stretched thin so no wonder they were weak.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yes Neinhart needed to expend a massive amount of MP to revive such powerful mages. His abilities were stretched thin so no wonder they were weak.
I bet if he had concentrated on creating either Wahl or Bloodman alone then he would have copied them perfectly.


Though not God Serena.He is above him.
 

Kyroux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
384
Age
36
Country
Alvarez Empire
Odd, I like your placement of God Serena and Dimaria in this bracket, but why exactly is Invel this high?:s
You even have him above Brandish?
Invel was another I wasn't sure where to place. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I was going to do him the same way I did Bloodman and have him placed with (maybe...) before I posted but forgot. And Brandish is supposed to be under Dimaria. Typing on my phone whilst at work to post these messages SUCKS!!!! LOL! Thanks for that!
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
When it comes to the other 9 Spriggans, they've all got their pros and cons. I personally think DiMaria has to be in the best group of the 9, since she can stop time.

Also Neinhart should be able to make God Serena as easy/difficult as Bloodman or Wall.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Invel was another I wasn't sure where to place. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I was going to do him the same way I did Bloodman and have him placed with (maybe...) before I posted but forgot. And Brandish is supposed to be under Dimaria. Typing on my phone whilst at work to post these messages SUCKS!!!! LOL! Thanks for that!
Oh it's okay! No worries. That just stood out to me so I was curious on your reasoning for it.
Anyway here's my Spriggan 12 ranking, it's been the same all throughout this arc and I'm personally happy it's remained this way :)
1.August
2.Irene
3.Larcade
4.Dimaria
5.God Serena
6.Brandish
7.Invel
8.Wahl
9.Bradman
10.Ajeel
11.Lessio
12.Neinhart.
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
This is where Hiro Sensei himself said the Spriggans are the strongest villains Fairytail ever faced.

So neither Mard Geer nor Hades is on their level.


And current arc's severly injured Wendy defeated Ezel.


And not all Historias are weak.The ones conjured in Hargeon were full 100%.We have Lyon's words proving that Ul's historia is a perfect copy of Ul.Only the Spriggan Historias were weak because conjuring all 3 of them at their fullest is beyond Neinhart's MP.But creating weaker characters like Hades or Ul is not.
Hades Easy-diffed Makarov and Hades definitely with heart is Spriggan level opponent...

Makarov even tanked Jupiter cannon....

Bluenote stomped Wendy and Chelia.. Makarov---->Bluenote

Gmc Dragons---->Spriggans one roar and spriggan is defeated

and no Spriggans is not the strongest invidually...
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Hades Easy-diffed Makarov and Hades definitely with heart is Spriggan level opponent...

Makarov even tanked Jupiter cannon....

Bluenote stomped Wendy and Chelia.. Makarov---->Bluenote

Gmc Dragons---->Spriggans one roar and spriggan is defeated

and no Spriggans is not the strongest invidually...
Makarov is Fodder level in this current arc.When Team Natsu met Brandish,they were so shocked by her aura and power.They even claimed that they have never seen such a power before.This claim they made after seeing Hades's Eye and his power.Hades is on GOI level.


Bluenote is near the level of Makarov.Chelia only defeated a Spriggan with Slaying advantages and third origin which puts her MP at the highest level.


Dragons are not figured here.We are talking about human opponents.



And most importantly i don't know why we disregard author's comment about Spriggans being the strongest opponents.Author's comment is the highest and most credible here.
 
Last edited:

Kyroux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
384
Age
36
Country
Alvarez Empire
Oh it's okay! No worries. That just stood out to me so I was curious on your reasoning for it.
Anyway here's my Spriggan 12 ranking, it's been the same all throughout this arc and I'm personally happy it's remained this way :)
1.August
2.Irene
3.Larcade
4.Dimaria
5.God Serena
6.Brandish
7.Invel
8.Wahl
9.Bradman
10.Ajeel
11.Lessio
12.Neinhart.
Cool. We've got just about the same thing. The only difference is our 4 & 5.

I like Goddy WAY more than Dimaria, but I have to admit that Age Seal may give her an advantage if the two fought. I doubt he knows only DS Magic (possibly), so I wonder how he would have attempted to counter it. That'd be a fight I would LOVED to have seen. LOL!

Ma list:

STRONEGST:August/Irene

HIGHER END: Lacarde

HAX-TIER; Brandish,DiMaria,Jacob,Bloodman,Invel,Wahl,

POWER tier; Ajeel&GS
I like how you have this set up. Ability based. Nice!

WANNA BE SPRIGGAN; Nienhart
I'm DEAD! Lmao!!!!!
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
Makarov is Fodder level in this current arc.When Team Natsu met Brandish,they were so shocked by her aura and power.They even claimed that they have never seen such a power before.This claom they made after seeing Hades's Eye and his power.Hades is on GOI level.


Bluenote is near the level of Makarov.Chelia only defeated a Spriggan with Slaying advantages and third origin which puts her MP at the highest level.


Dragons are not figured here.We are talking about human opponents.



And most importantly i don't know why we disregard author's comment about Spriggans being the strongest opponents.Author's comment is the highest and most credible here.
how Hades is Goi level?? he stomped Makarov who is par current Jura???

God Serena is fodder because he stomped Jura??

even Neinhart has monsterous Magic power level... but Hades and Mard is definitely stronger than Neinhart...

Brandish magic is higher than Natsu but still Natsu is stronger...

LoL Spriggans magic power even surpasses (Gildarts and Laxus) and everyone knows that Gildarts can smash the spriggan...

yeah i can agree that August and Irene is different level compared to Spriggans.. but i dont believe that all spriggans is stronger than previous villains Hiro even admitted that Spriggan members has Cheating and broken magic abilities...:cheez:cheez:cheez
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Cool. We've got just about the same thing. The only difference is our 4 & 5.

I like Goddy WAY more than Dimaria, but I have to admit that Age Seal may give her an advantage if the two fought. I doubt he knows only DS Magic (possibly), so I wonder how he would have attempted to counter it. That'd be a fight I would LOVED to have seen. LOL!


I like how you have this set up. Ability based. Nice!


I'm DEAD! Lmao!!!!!

Thanks.I only put Ajeel&GS separately because ,unlike DiMaria/Bloodman,they have weaknesses which are easier to take advantage off.

Nienharts tier is a bit of a joke,but,his magic is too enemy dependent to function.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
how Hades is Goi level?? he stomped Makarov who is par current Jura???

God Serena is fodder because he stomped Jura??

even Neinhart has monsterous Magic power level... but Hades and Mard is definitely stronger than Neinhart...

Brandish magic is higher than Natsu but still Natsu is stronger...

LoL Spriggans magic power even surpasses (Gildarts and Laxus) and everyone knows that Gildarts can smash the spriggan...

yeah i can agree that August and Irene is different level compared to Spriggans.. but i dont believe that all spriggans is stronger than previous villains Hiro even admitted that Spriggan members has Cheating and broken magic abilities...:cheez:cheez:cheez
Why are you comparing Goddy with Hades.Goddy is much stronger than Hades.


And yes even being in the level of GOI he can stomp Makarov.Especially if he is on the level of Hyberion.


I disgree.Author himself has said that the Spriggans ate the strongest.There is no way Hades or Mard is stronger than Ninehart in MP.I agree in physicals they are much better but not in magic power reserve.And i believe in Sensei words because after all it is his story.

Brandish is definetly stronger than Base Natsu.Her magic worked on him.But when he became END his curse power far surpassed Randy's(in her words).



Yes Natsu,Jellal,Gray,Gildarts and Laxus are no doubt Spriggan tiers because they trained to achieve.They far surpassed the levels of Hades or Mard.


I don't think Gildarts can defeat all Spriggans.Gildarts himself admitted full powered God Serena would have been a perfect match for him.Larcade can easily Solo Gildarts with his pleasure magic.We already saw due to his pleasure magic Gildarts could barely move.Irene and August should solo Gildarts.



Yeah Sensei said they all possess "cheating magic" but nowhete did he say they are weak.On the contrary he said they are the strongest.
 

Kyroux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
384
Age
36
Country
Alvarez Empire
yeah i can agree that August and Irene is different level compared to Spriggans.. but i dont believe that all spriggans is stronger than previous villains Hiro even admitted that Spriggan members has Cheating and broken magic abilities...:cheez:cheez:cheez
I'll agree totally with this portion. I don't believe that all Spriggan's are stronger than ALL previous villains nor are all of them stronger than the GOI. I've said many times the power scaling is off like mad in this manga.

God Serena destroyed the GOI+Jura but that doesn't mean they are weaker than all the others. He was just that strong. We know that Goddy is stronger than some of the Spriggan's, easiest example being Neinhart, so just because he beat the GOI+Jura doesn't mean they couldn't beaten some of the others. Hyberion is the 2nd Saint, and even though he was a GAP and a half (more like the new glass bridge in China...haha) behind God Serena doesn't mean he's far behind some of the others. Anyone who would love to speak against that can, but I'd ask you to go back and look at some of the battles against Spriggan's that we've seen. Some I would have never guessed could have happened but did, and ended up with the Spriggan's being defeated. Speaking about the GOI, #1, we don't know what all Hyberion, Wolfheim and Warrod can do because they were K.O.'d in a heartbeat on panel and what wasn't on panel....we couldn't see. #2, the right things happened to some of the other people that battled the 12 and it worked to their benefit, securing the win (ex: Rogue showing up and giving his Shadow DS Magic to Sting=Larcade's defeat). Having more Magic Power than someone else doesn't mean they're stronger.....overall, it just means they have more MP. Brandish said there were 11 more mages of her caliber in Alvarez, meaning Neinhart as well, but he's got his flaws even as a mage with immense MP. His physical power is not all that (no feats, big or small, in regards to his melee abilities or durability) and his magic can be countered. I can see Hyberion v.s. Neinhart being in the former's favor, but that's just me.

Again, between power scaling and the "Power of Feelings", just about NO ONE in this series is guaranteed a win.
 
Top