Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When Irene took over Wendy's body in Tartaros, she wasn't just using Wendy's power. She was using whatever of her own power she carried with her from the personality enchantment plus Wendy's magic power.

Mard should be a good deal stronger than Tartaros arc Laxus. Though I'm a bit iffy on Gildarts. AF Natsu was also stronger than Laxus, though to be fair....AF Natsu was stronger than practically everyone pre-TS.

I honestly think Erza could have beaten Gray or END-Natsu. Let alone Invel or Neinhart.
Gildarts>>MG>AF Natsu

END and Gray were nothing special during Alvarez. Many people could have beaten them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm really conflicted who's more BS - Wendy or Plotza?
Plotsu :derp
--- Double Post Merged, ---

This will probably get deleted but I'll say it anyways.

Akainu and Aokiji would murder Gray and Natsu.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Gildarts>>MG>AF Natsu
AF Natsu took down Motherglare, so I have him above Mard.

Gildarts is a bit iffy. I personally believe that Gildarts was always as strong as his Alvarez-arc self, and that losing his limbs to Acnologia crippled him during the Tenrou arc. Hard to say just how powerful he was during Tartaros,
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
AF Natsu took down Motherglare, so I have him above Mard.
WIth the help of all of Atlas Flame and slayer advantage. DF couldn't scratch Mard.

Gildarts is a bit iffy. I personally believe that Gildarts was always as strong as his Alvarez-arc self, and that losing his limbs to Acnologia crippled him during the Tenrou arc. Hard to say just how powerful he was during Tartaros,
Given he took down Bluenote with ease once he got his power back, I don't see anyone replicating that from Tartaros. Tenrou and Tartaros is like a year in difference so there was no jump in power.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
WIth the help of all of Atlas Flame and slayer advantage. DF couldn't scratch Mard.



Given he took down Bluenote with ease once he got his power back, I don't see anyone replicating that from Tartaros. Tenrou and Tartaros is like a year in difference so there was no jump in power.
You're talking about a year for Gildarts right
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You're talking about a year for Gildarts right
Yea and mostly everyone else. Yes the main cast all got stronger but it was no massive jump like the Alvarez ts.

Gildarts being sidelined for both arcs shows that he was still too powerful. Even in Tartaros Gildarts could've taken down majority of the villians on his own. The only "tough" fight he would've had is MG.

Point is that Gildarts would've been massive overkill and even now, 98% of mages wouldn't do much against him ( the 2% being Jellal, Laxus, Natsu, Erza) and even then only Natsu has a chance of beating him.
 
Last edited:

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
AF Natsu took down Motherglare, so I have him above Mard.

Gildarts is a bit iffy. I personally believe that Gildarts was always as strong as his Alvarez-arc self, and that losing his limbs to Acnologia crippled him during the Tenrou arc. Hard to say just how powerful he was during Tartaros,
He did have slayer advantage, right? I have MG, Future Rouge and AF Natsu all around the same tier tho

Agreed on Gildarts. I find it extremely hard to believe that this middle aged man who barely trains, jumped up several tiers in an year. But feats are iffy, just Mashima things lmao.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Agreed on Gildarts. I find it extremely hard to believe that this middle aged man who barely trains, jumped up several tiers in an year. But feats are iffy, just Mashima things lmao.
Doesn't he train on his journey? It would make no sense that Tenrou Gildarts is the same as Alvarez unless you believe Alvarez Base Natsu> Alvarez Gildarts due to Natsu one-shotting Bluenote.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, Tenrou Gildarts keeping up with August in CQC? Absolutely not.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,067
Reaction score
3,164
Age
37
Country
United States
Yea and mostly everyone else. Yes the main cast all got stronger but it was no massive jump like the Alvarez ts.

Gildarts being sidelined for both arcs shows that he was still too powerful. Even in Tartaros Gildarts could've taken down majority of the villians on his own. The only "tough" fight he would've had is MG.

Point is that Gildarts would've been massive overkill and even now, 98% of mages wouldn't do much against him ( the 2% being Jellal, Laxus, Natsu, Erza) and even then only Natsu has a chance of beating him.
So are you guys ignoring that Base Natsu from Tartarus arc could push Gildarts back with one of his big blows? An we know his power jumped massively. Nothing suggests he’s always been at Alvarez levels, an we know that Natsu started his year training with him.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yea, he is too lol. But I find only his feats against Zeref to be some massive BS. Erza has tons of that, and Wendy is just pure BS since Alverass

Doesn't he train on his journey? It would make no sense that Tenrou Gildarts is the same as Alvarez unless you believe Alvarez Base Natsu> Alvarez Gildarts due to Natsu one-shotting Bluenote.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, Tenrou Gildarts keeping up with August in CQC? Absolutely not.
I'm just saying Gildarts getting this massive powerup in an year is illogical. Logically it shouldn't happen, but he should have jumped up tiers for Alverass to make sense, considering his feats vs Bluenote. I'm on the fence regarding this
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So are you guys ignoring that Base Natsu from Tartarus arc could push Gildarts back with one of his big blows? An we know his power jumped massively. Nothing suggests he’s always been at Alvarez levels, an we know that Natsu started his year training with him.
I don't understand what you're saying here.

I'm just saying Gildarts getting this massive powerup in an year is illogical. Logically it shouldn't happen, but he should have jumped up tiers for Alverass to make sense, considering his feats vs Bluenote. I'm on the fence regarding this
I'm going to assume you're a smart person. The word "logic" doesn't belong in Fairy Tail. You should know this by now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I really want Gray to get a power-up. Like a full devil force or an advanced Ice DeS power.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
I'm going to assume you're a smart person. The word "logic" doesn't belong in Fairy Tail. You should know this by now.
IK lol, I've even mentioned the insane jump of Gildarts as an example for why PL is bullshit in FT in a post:

That's the logical answer.
But FT isn't dictated by logic. The powerups that the relevant characters get are weird AF. Espeically, our 20-25 year old characters just flying past highly experienced mages in power level, with 1-2 year trainings.

Three main examples of retarded power scaling:
1. x784 Gildarts in around 40 years old. And he's around Jura level, according to Makarov. Stronger surely, but he would have about the same difficulty or more difficulty as he had defeating Bluenote, for Jura.
At best, he was GOI 4 (Warrod) tier. But, in just one year, this wandering mage that barely trains anymore, jumped up tiers to reach on or above God Serena tier. Does this make any sense? He jumped up tiers that he didn't in 40 years of his lifetime.

2. x784 Jellal was around x784 Laxus level. And was above x784 Jura with his illusion (higher ranking WS).
In 6 years (1 year in prison) timeskip, and with 2nd origin (presumably); he reached only around x791 Jura level? This means that he got a LESSER powerup than what Jura himself got. WTF ?? And Laxus trained for just 3 months to have same powerup Jellal got in 6 years and with 2nd origin?
To make matters worse, Jellal jumped up tiers in 1 year to reach high Spriggan tier, while Jura remained stagnant (at least as far as we know).
Yeaaa, very logical there, Mashima :)

3. Mira stopped using magic and became a bartender 3 years prior to the start of main series. While Erza trained. And in x784, even after Mira potentially got weaker or at the very least stagnant (because of not using magic for 3 years), she was still somewhere close to Erza in her Satan Soul (at least mid diff range). And, that was her without using her Sitri and Halphas.


Point being: Mashmia just makes our characters as strong as he wants them to be, irrespective of any logic or respect to the verse.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I really want Gray to get a power-up. Like a full devil force or an advanced Ice DeS power.
??
I thought you hated Gray?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
IK lol, I've even mentioned the insane jump of Gildarts as an example for why PL is bullshit in FT in a post:
In the end, PL is what Mashima wants it to be with no actual criteria. DF Natsu is easily the strongest character by far. I'm willing to bet that Mashima gives Gray or Gajeel an insane power-up to put them back on equal footing with him. I wouldn't mind that though, ice powers are always my favourite in anime.

It was cool when Gray, Gajeel, and Natsu were competing to surpass Laxus and Gildarts was always the strongest. Now the PL is all over the place.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

??
I thought you hated Gray?
Nah, I just don't like the wanking I see of him. He has a lot of potential as the lone DeS and his ice-make.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Though the way things are looking, Gajeel and Gray will never surpass Laxus.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
In the end, PL is what Mashima wants it to be with no actual criteria. DF Natsu is easily the strongest character by far. I'm willing to bet that Mashima gives Gray or Gajeel an insane power-up to put them back on equal footing with him. I wouldn't mind that though, ice powers are always my favourite in anime.

It was cool when Gray, Gajeel, and Natsu were competing to surpass Laxus and Gildarts was always the strongest. Now the PL is all over the place.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Nah, I just don't like the wanking I see of him. He has a lot of potential as the lone DeS and his ice-make.
Ah yes, portrayal. This was why I used to believe that it's only a matter of time, before Gray & Gajeel (esp Gray), along with Natsu, would end up the strongest characters in the series. But I was wrong lmao

I swear I've seen you post that Gray is your most hated character in the series
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ah yes, portrayal. This was why I used to believe that it's only a matter of time, before Gray & Gajeel (esp Gray), along with Natsu, would end up the strongest characters in the series. But I was wrong lmao
I've come to believe that Mashima doesn't want them to be. Natsu becomes the strongest for a short time but 99% of the time he isn't. That title will always be for Gildarts and Laxus from the way things are looking.

DeS, and ISD will always be relative to each other I think but FDKM is stronger by quite a bit. All 3 have an OP boost in DF, DeF but it's not always available. Only under exteme circumstances.

I swear I've seen you post that Gray is your most hated character in the series
He was but not anymore.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,067
Reaction score
3,164
Age
37
Country
United States
My dude, Hades wasn't being serious with Laxus. He wanted to play around for a while, because that's Hades' character.

Lets see the result:
When Laxus was defeated, Hades had NO VISIBLE INJURIES.
Laxus went down to Amaterasu 28, while Makarov tanked Amaterasu 100. How did Laxus fight Hades on equal ground? He managed to get some hits, when Hades was in the mood he was in while fighting team Natsu, that's about it.
Hades >> Laxus

Yea, Laxus won't be able to touch Mard. The guy no sold DRAGON FORCE Natsu amped on Friendship. DF Natsu >> Laxus.
And even in his base, Tempester is fodder to Mard, wrecking him doesn't prove anything. Mard in his base rekt Kyouka who's > Erza without POF, casually faced CSK, no sold LFD and twin dragons. Laxus isn't even getting close, unless you believe that Laxus can low diff Erza, Kyouka, LFD Natsu etc.
BASE Mard will solo Laxus, Jellal and Jura together. There is a reason why Devil Slayer magic was needed in the arc, because Mard was several leagues above everyone else in that arc. Any attack other than DeS magic did ZERO damage to him.

Laxus can do NOTHING to August, cause he's immune to his magic. August tanked the best attack Gildarts could muster, that he wasn't immune to. What makes you think Laxus can do anything to August, even if he can bypass his immunity to magic?
I do agree that Laxus can potentially beat Eileen, but that's because of slayer advantage. Remove slayer advantage, and Eileen (in her dragon form) >> Laxus.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@BD_Beno
Imma join you in the :epicfacepalm
Where is the idea Hades wasn’t serious? Play around for a while? The guy who couldn’t even smile at Mavis. The guy whose opening move was to kill Wendy? Had Laxus not given his power to Natsu, his statement makes it clear he felt he could win. An his power was more than enough for Natsu to put Hades down, had he not had his heart the fight would have ended. Now if you wanna argue the gap in skill, which was immense, hells yeah but power? Laxus tanked a full power blow from him with 0 magic and recovered fast enough to save Natsu and lead the charge. What am I missing here? What mood are you mentioning? He was serious from the moment he chose to try and kill Wendy. He doesn’t get cocky until Laxus drops to his knee’s and that was staged to give Natsu his power, so that can’t be it. Unlike Makarov, Laxus is essentially fine after the conflict. We know from the later fleshing out scenes that the formula he used is meant to tie up limbs and steal stamina, which most people can’t even block. (The aforementioned hax) I’m just not seeing how it wasn’t impressive or where he got played with.

Laxus 1 shot Tempester when he was healthy, not me declaring him fodder as you’re doing, he actually 1 shot him. He has the best durability out of the demon gates. An a dying Laxus killed him in his Etherious mode. The mode that was shown to have matched LFDM Natsu & ISDM Gajeel. He beat him while dying from Bane Particles, and started off the fight clearly stronger even though he’d been sick for days. DF Natsu should scale to Laxus yes, but Laxus operates at that level the entire fight. MG tanked 1 attack because that’s all Natsu can throw before he loses the form. Just like he only tanked 1 LFDM attack. You think he wins a drawn out fight with DF Natsu? Real question. An what makes you think that He could beat those 3? You mean with hax?

We’re gonna have to simply disagree here. Prior to 100 YRQ, I have Laxus settling fully on Gildarts tier by Alvarez, so the same strategy of tanking attacks and dealing damage would have worked for him. An I think FL works. As far as Eileen she’s not >> Erza, why would she be >> Laxus?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Essentially I believe all the Gildarts comparisons and scale and judge his performance with that in mind, just like when Erza fought Irene I put her on their tier as well. (Jellal is a rival so he was always there) Accept it, hate it, w/e let's move on.


If Jellal beats Gears alone, is his position at the top of the power hierarchy safe or is it damaged beyond repair.
 

Acnologia2415

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2017
Messages
274
Reaction score
729
Age
29
Country
Fairy Tail
Lmao, if needed, Erza can overwhelm Time Stop and organ Burst.

I can already picture it:

Dimaria freezing Erza then proceeding to behead her, only for Erza's sword to counter. "But how ? Her time was frozen ? " And Erza to say "For my nakama, I will cut through time itself" Also having one of her eyes closed and saying "Somehow me having one fake eye made me more resistant. That and especially the light of my family"

:cookiehand
This would only work if Erza has a time sword that gives her resistance to time magic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If timestop and organ burst works on Erza, then they no diff her. Else, they get rekt
No reason why it shouldn't work. Shes the type of character who has really op abilities but hates fighting and conflict so she never goes all out. I mean she one shot Natsu lol.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So aside from a couple biases, I think there's a clear consensus here.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
No reason why it shouldn't work. Shes the type of character who has really op abilities but hates fighting and conflict so she never goes all out. I mean she one shot Natsu lol.
It worked on Bsae Natsu, and it was off guard (Natsu thought she was an ally). FDKM Natsu would 100% resist it IMO

It didn't work on enchanted Neinhart, so I have reason to believe it may fail on Erza
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Yea and mostly everyone else. Yes the main cast all got stronger but it was no massive jump like the Alvarez ts.

Gildarts being sidelined for both arcs shows that he was still too powerful. Even in Tartaros Gildarts could've taken down majority of the villians on his own. The only "tough" fight he would've had is MG.

Point is that Gildarts would've been massive overkill and even now, 98% of mages wouldn't do much against him ( the 2% being Jellal, Laxus, Natsu, Erza) and even then only Natsu has a chance of beating him.
Just making sure
 
Top