Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 700 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You say please don’t compare...but you’re entire counter argument is an analysis in comparisons. Now, the only direct comparison other than their fight is the Hades battle, and again your argument relies on minimizing or ignoring it outright. All of Erza’s best feats are from battles that take place after a gauntlet of battles. This is no different. An we know they had recovered enough magic to expect to win. Now, we don’t need to give Laxus anything. We can directly compare how Laxus performed vs how the team of them performed. He did more damage and Hades displayed more power against Laxus than he had the entire fight so far. An it sets a precedent as this is the first time Erza see’s him fight and we have her admitting she didnt think he was this strong. There is absolutely no reason to ignore this other than that it continues the narrative that Laxus is above them. An sets up Laxus as an ace in the wing. A position he essentially fills for the rest of the manga until Gildarts is brought back into the fray.

Laxus has no feats like Meteor? He blitzed Acno, and is consistently shown as one of the faster characters in FT. Though for the record, I consistently give Jellal the nod speed wise over Laxus. It’s what makes it a good fight, Jellal is a faster & more versatile Wizard. As a for the rest, you really did all that work to break down how you think Racer & Jellal are comparable, but want to ignore the time they actually go at it? If we ignore the fact that Jellal literally embarassed Sawyer when they fought. How does Erza beating him in her speed armor help the argument that she’s anywhere close to Jellal? Jellal didn’t need Meteor to beat Erza. this line of deduction is false.

Huh? No proof, he knew his face and deepest secret. How would he know that if he was sleep? An we know it’s a direct power issue. Like a direct correlation. Exactly like him being a Jellal clone and his opinion of Erza being exceptionally high. An Makarov hoping she could do it, isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement. That sounds like, I hope she POF’s and pulls the win. Which isn’t an unreasonable hole by any means. People keep confusing Laxus is strong with Erza is weak. She’s a monster, she’s just the smaller monster.

😂🤣🤣 It’s nothing like that. Nice try to obscure the point by pairing it with a ridiculous argument though.

I agree, those are great examples. An even with all her growth, Erza came up short. She lost, but found a new sense of peace for the future of her guild. I have no reason not to believe her. We’ve honestly debated that battle to death, but I’m always down for more.

Natsu has been the genuine heavy in their group since Tenrou. An has been portrayed as closing on her for a minute, but I already stated that they spent the series chasing her. How does this help your argument about being stronger than Laxus though?

Hanging out with the proof that she can also beat them so one-sidedly.

You must be joking, now it’s that she gave up? Hold this L bro. He outperformed her because he was supposed too. It’s his place in the story. His big return moment. Those are better excuses than she gave up.

They had a 3 way battle, then she gauntleted them. Solidly impressive, but not as good as beating a Gildarts tier opponent.

Great example. Laxus literally 1 shot the demon with the best vitality. An then was still shown capable of killing him in his best form, while literally dying from poison. After he shows himself equal to LFDM Natsu.

I think their all great examples hence the minor nitpicks painted as counter arguments. An yes, I follow all of it. I include the cannon side stories in my analysis too, because it’s all designed to be used that way. I see Mashima adding scenes that he meant to have in the manga as an absolute win.

I was following your logic, but your examples work well at establishing she’s stronger than Natsu. They don’t support the idea she’s stronger than Laxus. There are more statements comparing Laxus to Gildarts than to Erza. Your only salient point is Makarov saying she might be able to win. The rest is your headcannon. Nothing supports your arbitrary WS numbers. An nothing suggests she’s comparable to Jura, Laxus, & Jellal this arc. The only direct comparison outright stated she’s significantly weaker. An nothing suggests SO closes that gap.
What...
Seriously my English must be really bad
I never said dont compare
I said not to compare in two cases
1) outdated villians
Tartarus racer is a fodder. Trying to compare this feat to os erza is pure bs. Natsu one shot alverzec bluenote does that mean
tenrou natsu >>>> tenrou gildarts
Tartarus gray without ds >> tartarus racer
Os racer > os gray
So dont do sh!t comparison
Keep in mind in alverzec arc, the following characters were not springgans tier (they fell back in power level)
Racer, cobra, hoteye, midnight, bluenote, rufus, rouge, sting, ogra, Minerva, kagura, jura etc
2) when one isnt 100%.
This is headcannon on your part. Why the hell would i consider them 100%.
Are you saying in the current battle we shouldnt think about kiria at all instead
Laxus l00% > holding back erza
Or in ff arc
natsu beat laxus. So we dont need look at past battle of laxus. Natsu beat laxus. So natsu > laxus?
Look in tenrou arc, gildarts after having fought less than erza couldnt even move. And yet erza is 100% lol

Seriously, erza best feats after she has gone through alot of fights.
So basically in this laxus vs erza fight, erza was at disadvantage, because she didnt get a gauntlet like laxus. Finally you managed to prove erza was at huge disadvantage here. Man, dont make silly points

Yes, i can easily prove erza > natsu, as you say.
But you claim
Laxus >> erza > natsu
Yet you cant even give me as many examples of laxus above erza as i can for erza above natsu
As far as i know, laxus was compared once to gildarts in gmg arc (jura hype). That is it.
Erza was compared to jellal, laxus and zero. In three consecutive arcs. I think it was made pretty clear where erza stood.

Markarov knew erza and laxus were equal. So 50 50 chances of erza beating laxus. That was markarov thinking. It wasnt anywhere near what you are trying to imply
Difference between erza and natsu shown and portrayed many times
Difference between gildarts and laxus is mentioned couple of times
Where in the hell is difference between laxus and erza even mentioned and you want me to believe it was same or bigger, seriously

Laxus was never shown as ace, compared to erza ever. His five seconds of fame against hades was nothing (he was just wailing on hades, even you can do that to mike Tyson). And that was only he thing he ever got. Five seconds
(Since you like to mention erza shock here, i will clear that up. Erza was shocked that laxus could tank 25 formula, which he couldn't, that was all)

He was not the ace in gmg
He did beat the strongest
But erza beat the next two strongest. Putting them around eachother again
In alverzec
He was given nothing
Erza was fighting the strongest (this is equivalent of laxus beating rufus and erza giving extreme diff to jura)

As i said tempester thing is your headcannon
Erza did alot more that arc.

Are trying to imply that aconologia was actually blitz, i mean like if serious aconologia couldn't have done anything ooookaaay

No laxus has no speed feat comparable to meteor. Tempester i think is the only good example he has. He couldnt even dodge 25 formula which markarov could easily block (and markarov couldnt follow gmg pre SO erza strike)

What. Jellal using thought projection was low diff by injured erza. Then he had to resort to underhand method to get erza out of the fight. (Manga shows it accurately)
Jellal couldnt beat erza period.

Sadly, erza is not small monster compared to laxus. Markarov and mystogan statement means
Erza = laxus
Pof erza would most likely mid diff blood lusted laxus
And that is also your headcannon, those statement clearly implied they are around eachother, nothing more

There is alot of points involving mystogan hax magic. But using hax magic to compare power is stupid enough

Sorry, no growth of erza was mentioned. Only laxus growth was mentioned. Look in the manga man

Sorry, i cant understand anything about the following, what are you replyimg to

😂🤣🤣 It’s nothing like that. Nice try to obscure the point by pairing it with a ridiculous argument though.
Hanging out with the proof that she can also beat them so one-sidedly.
My arbitratary ws tier ranks
Jellal 9 WS tier
The first ws tier opponent natsu overcame. Jellal would have to be lower ws tier because of plot reason. Think jose being god of ishigal level, wouldnt make sense to introduce such a person after introducing of ws. Not a strong point but still possible
Jura himself said he was weakest so him being 10 or 9 ws is cannon
S class monster was said to be in that ws tier by the king. So he is that level. Erza taking that out and 99 others put her on that level (7 or 8 ws tier), without SO. Whether people like it or not, there is nothing wrong here. Tenrou erza was easily 8 ws tier.

i know i am right and you are wrong because of following
What you have
Natsu and erza near each
(Directly opposite to manga)
Why
Erza thought natsu was near her (phantom) and laxus (boft)

That is all (ignore actual feats where erza outshines natsu by alot and tone of portrayal)

Laxus and erza are far apart
Why
Mystogan hax
Handling natsu and gajeel at the same time (its easy if natsu and erza near, no?)
Laxus vs hades
Laxus vs jura
Laxus vs tempester

All of these are wrong or straight up fans personal opinion
Hax works when plot demands it
In other words evergreen and saliha hax will work fine on erza but mira cant macro skullrion.

Erza is far above natsu, so laxus using his strongest moves to handle natsu and gajeel does not prove he is above erza

And comparing 100% laxus to 10% erza. You would later bring up how laxus beat erza after fighting kiria is impressive

Laxus vs jura
(Is better than erza vs kagura then Minerva) personal opinion. Sadly not followed by erza vs irene alot better than laxus vs wahl

Laxus vs tempester
Personal opinion

Mine are simple with little input from me
Aria
OS arrival
Pantherlily

And countless statement and scene putting erza above natsu
Thus my point proving
Erza >>> natsu
Is much better than yours about laxus being above erza
Erza being far above natsu already proved that erza is in the same ball park as laxus.
After all laxus can mid natsu
So any fight with erza would be high diff fight or extreme diff
I think your entire argument lies on the foundation that erza is near natsu. Which is wrong. Laxus vs natsu and gajeel and laxus vs tempester
And jura being gildarts (which he is not, he just a strongest opponent in gmg, that is all, a maybe a tier above kagura or Minerva)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Laxus and Erza are on the same level.

Arguably they have been on the same level since Erza achieved SO, but Laxus was still stronger, and probably a tier above depending on how you slice it. Before that, Erza was a tier below Laxus for sure, there was a clear gap in power.
Where was this gap shown

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Holy fuck, insane Erza wank going on here.

@GL_Nova
Stop man, it's pointless.
POF Erza >>>>>>> Gildarts > Laxus. Deal with it.

I have good feeling Erza will take on Selene and tarnish her name just like she did with Irene. Difference is this time she will do it with Irene Marvell at her side

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India

I have good feeling Erza will take on Selene and tarnish her name just like she did with Irene. Difference is this time she will do it with Irene Marvell at her side
Nope. Not even gonna bother anymore.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States

:feelsgoodman:victory

Still better than Lucy pulling it off, if you know what I mean :lmao

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Still better than Lucy doing it tho, if you know what I mean :lmao
I don't understand why a Dragon God would even bother keeping Celestial Spirit Key. That wouldn't make any sense. Viernes possible not Selene. Only use of Aquarius to her would use her as a plaything.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't understand why a Dragon God would even bother keeping Celestial Spirit Key. That wouldn't make any sense. Viernes possible not Selene. Only use of Aquarius to her would use her as a plaything.
Also the matter of the key appearing at Black Moon Mountain. Doubt a Dragon God would be flying and pay attention to a shiny key, lol. Then there’s the matter of opening the gate, making a contract. Like you said what’s the point, lol

Acnologia2415

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Viernes is the gold dragon, so I'm expecting him to be like Smaug: asleep under a mountain surrounded by a multitude of golden objects. One of these gold objects will end up being Aquarius' key.

mwarren100

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's probable that Aquarius' key is with the gold dragon. Golden Key,Gold Dragon. It would be a shiny shimmering golden arc. Maybe the key became an accesory of Viernes or something.
Talk about the Midas touch.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
even though i didn't like laxus hype lately and i debated with @GL_Nova alot about that but facts is facts in the start of FT until tenrou the gap between erza and laxus was so huuuge and from GMG after she got SO the gap start to get reduced until she became in his tier with her new buffs in 100YQ with laxus being slightly above her and anyone says that erza was in laxus level from the start he is so much biased to erza.

and i'd like to add something to the ones saying that erza can take both gajeel and natsu at the same time pre TS, a serious natsu wothout comedy involved can give her high diff battle and actully have a chance in taking her too so gajeel+natsu they stomp her, laxus overpower them both erza not doing that any day
Yep, this exactly.
Initially, the gap was huge. The gap between Laxus and Erza kept decreasing as time progressed. And only by this arc, did Erza finally reach Laxus tier, that too with quite a few buffs (unbuffed Erza still gets mid-high diff'd IMO).

Even as a Laxus fan, I feel he's kinda overhyped in this forum (not anymore lol, I guess those guys left after the writing in the past few chapters lmao). But oh boi, the Erza wank here is next level lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's probable that Aquarius' key is with the gold dragon. Golden Key,Gold Dragon. It would be a shiny shimmering golden arc. Maybe the key became an accesory of Viernes or something.
That's what I think also. Golden key gotta be with Gold dragon.

Viernes gonna be the dragon of the myths and legends, hoarding all the wealth in the world. His goal will be to hoard everything in his cavern and guard them. Merc never saw him at all, because he never gets out as he's guarding wealth all the time, and the few times he go out will be to collect wealth.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
But oh boi, the Erza wank here is next level lol.
As someone who prostrates himself to Erza Scarlet, I don't give two shits about her power placement, unless we're talking Mira :derp

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mira is a sad case. She's been reduced to BSS only.
Doesn’t matter, it’s not like she’s a relevant character with screentime 😉

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Doesn’t matter, it’s not like she’s a relevant character with screentime 😉
True. I doubt she'll get a significant fight the rest of the series.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
True. I doubt she'll get a significant fight the rest of the series.
Can’t wait to hear tales of her taking out the BDSK horses off panel :D

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Can’t wait to hear tales of her taking out the BDSK horses off panel :D
You mean black dragon eater/knight?

That'll instantly kill any hype for those guys