Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Both Laxus and Ezra are just say that if they fight again both will try to win. Thing is it would still have the same meaning if Laxus didn’t go down as well.
No it wouldn't. If Laxus instead said "good luck" that changes the meaning completely to his victory and he acknowledges his victory. However, by saying "that's my line" is completely different as Kyria further confirms it being a tie between them.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
No it wouldn't. If Laxus instead said "good luck" that changes the meaning completely to his victory and he acknowledges his victory. However, by saying "that's my line" is completely different as Kyria further confirms it being a tie between them.
What if he said "good luck" while clasping as well will that also change the meaning. The meanings the same no matter what. Personally I think the fight was very close maybe a tie but what they said does prove that.
What Kyria said was true they both clasped but characters have clasped before after winning a fight
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What if he said "good luck" while clasping as well will that also change the meaning. The meanings the same no matter what. Personally I think the fight was very close maybe a tie but what they said does prove that.
If he said good luck, it means he acknowledges his victory over her. But he doesn't, he literally says it was a tie.

What Kyria said was true they both clasped but characters have clasped before after winning a fight
Which means it was a tie.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
If he said good luck, it means he acknowledges his victory over her. But he doesn't, he literally says it was a tie.
He doesn’t say it was a tie. He said that’s my line to Erza’s I’ll definitely win next time, he’s not saying I lost as well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Which means it was a tie.
So you think Natsu vs zancrow, Natsu vs Jellal and some other fights were ties as well
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
He doesn’t say it was a tie. He said that’s my line to Erza’s I’ll definitely win next time, he’s not saying I lost as well
That's the exact same thing.

I'll win next time = I didn't win this time....

So you think Natsu vs zancrow, Natsu vs Jellal and some other fights were ties as well
If someone admits to a tie and the person watching the fight said it was a tie.....then it was a tie.

If you need to bring outlandish examples to prove a point, it's moot.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
That's the exact same thing.

I'll win next time = I didn't win this time....
No it doesn’t he’s just saying he’s going to make sure he wins if they fight again
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
No it doesn’t he’s just saying he’s going to make sure he wins if they fight again
Let's see if I can put this in basic terms for you.....

Erza says, I'll win next time which is a concession. No matter how you try to spin it, Erza concedes and Laxus then says, "That's my line" and collapses instantly later. Laxus doesn't even try to acknowledge this fight, he concedes in a sense too making it a double ko.....aka a tie. He also says he ran out of magic and still couldn't stand up......Laxus did not win that fight.

Also doesn't help your case when the person who was literally watching the entire fight calls it a tie.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
If someone admits to a tie and the person watching the fight said it was a tie.....then it was a tie.

If you need to bring outlandish examples to prove a point, it's moot.
You said they tied because they both clasped

What’s stupid about this is that I’m not arguing if they tied or not but the fact I think the proof you gave wasn’t a good one
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You said they tied because they both clasped
And because it was legit stated but sure.

What’s stupid about this is that I’m not arguing if they tied or not but the fact I think the proof you gave wasn’t a good one
Go kick rocks then lmao. You engaged in discussion with me, not the other way around and you haven't brought an argument yourself.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Let's see if I can put this in basic terms for you.....

Erza says, I'll win next time which is a concession. No matter how you try to spin it, Erza concedes and Laxus then says, "That's my line" and collapses instantly later. Laxus doesn't even try to acknowledge this fight, he concedes in a sense too making it a double ko.....aka a tie. He also says he ran out of magic and still couldn't stand up......Laxus did not win that fight.

Also doesn't help your case when the person who was literally watching the entire fight calls it a tie.
You think it means one thing, I think means another
Both acknowledged each strength
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

you haven't brought an argument yourself.
Neither have you,
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You think it means one thing, I think means another
Both acknowledged each strength
By collapsing within seconds of each other and a third party admitting it was a tie?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Neither have you,
Yes I have, I gave you both their statements and Kyria's.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
:blink
By collapsing within seconds of each other and a third party admitting it was a tie?
I do agree with you on this one, I just don’t think what they said prove it was a tie
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I do agree with you on this one, I just don’t think what they said prove it was a tie
Ok.....until you bring an argument, I won't care much about your opinion.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Yes I have, I gave you both their statements and Kyria's.
I don’t agree with the statement.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ok.....until you bring an argument, I won't care much about your opinion.
Wouldn’t matter because no matter how good or bad my argument is you’ll still believe it means one thing while I think it means another
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Well clearly it does if you decided to turn it into a discussion.



Scroll up then. How can you not agree when I literally put the scans kek
I don’t agree on what you think it means
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I don’t agree on what you think it means
Great.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kyria: It was a tie.

Me: It was a tie.

Ratrace: I don't think it was a tie.


 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Great.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kyria: It was a tie.

Me: It was a tie.

Ratrace: I don't think it was a tie.


I never said it wasn’t a tie
I said I don’t think what Laxus said prove it was a tie
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Great.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kyria: It was a tie.
She also said he won as well
 
Top