- Joined
- May 21, 2016
- Messages
- 754
- Reaction score
- 1,483
- Age
- 29
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I'm guessing this is in reference to my comment, so I just want to clarify my views.I think there's a big misconception of what constitutes base and FDK. There is no such thing as "base FDK". FDK is a type of fire. It has no consistent power level. When Natsu is casual, FDK can be no sold by Madmole. When Natsu is more serious, FDK can overpower Madmole. When Natsu triggers DF, FDK can obliterate Zeref's body or burn Aldoron's thorns. When Natsu is at peak emotional state, FDK can burn infinite MP of Fairy Heart and becomes too hot for Natsu's slayer resistance. That's the maximum potential of FDK. Eating Ignia's flames allowed FDK to reach max potential too. It burned away Mercphobia's MP and his own hands.
Base Natsu's flames has a maximum potential too. It's just much lower than FDK's. I dont think it gets much stronger than Tartaros DF. You can think of Tartaros arc Natsu needing DF to use base flames max potential, but current can reach that same max potential much easier.
When I say "Base FDK", I really just mean FDK without any power-ups like DF, Flames of Emotions or the mode
I believe that FDK Mode Natsu's FDK spells > Base Natsu's. Think of it like the mode allowing him to use the FDK spells at a greater potential than he could at base. As for why he doesn't use it more often, it's probably the same reason why he doesn't just use DF every fight.
DF magnifies all his stats and powers, and his FoM allows him to generate magic power out of nothing but his emotions IIRC, so his FDK spells would also be amplified (or brought closer to/at their max potential, as you describe it)