- Joined
- May 7, 2017
- Messages
- 397
- Reaction score
- 661
- Age
- 31
- Country
-
I think Erza should definitely be up there with Gildarts Laxus.
Also Erza only used her own powers in that fight.
Lucy is definitely stronger than freed and Wendy power wise anyway.
The result of Erza and Laxus’ fight suggests to me Mashima wanted it to be close but no cigar for Erza. Laxus was still standing at the final bell, Erza was not which means a technical win for Laxus, even if he was also no longer able to fight on. He also came-to quicker and was suffering from whiteout during the battle. Laxus has been a benchmark for Erza right since he was introduced in the fantasia arc, if he wanted to signal she’d finally surpassed him he’d have been more explicit about it, I’m absolutely certain. That’s the reason I think it’s still currently between Gildarts and Laxus. Erza might be in contention, or even explicitly more powerful as the 100 YQ goes on, if she continues to grow. I think she’s certainly narrowed the gap to Laxus since fantasia, to the point she’s now virtually his equal. And that’s not just when the plot calls for her to win a key battle, either.@bugen The problem people have with enchantments is that it's way too easy and it solves way too many plot problems. Even though it belongs to Erza's MP it's frustrating to think she has an Ice Devil sword when it was unique magic that only belonged to Gray and Silver. At least Natsu can rely on DF or FDK while Gray has no power development.
I interpreted her swords as containing a small cache of Natsu/ Gray’s magic power, much like what Igneel left behind in Natsu in the Alvarez arc. Otherwise I don’t see where Erza was getting magic with Dragonslayer or Demonslayer properties, she doesn’t have it herself. I did think this was a cool tool to have in her repertoire, I hope it will see more use in future battles.
Lucy might have a larger MP reserve than Freed or Wendy (not sure about the latter with her enchanting powers), but actually battling with it I think she’s still at a disadvantage to either. A fresh battle between Freed and Lucy using star dress powers would be a good benchmark for her current strength.
. Facts as always.


where's the proof that it would destroy laxus?