'H-hey wait!' Junsei called out, raising a hand at the departing Terry, but it was too late, he boy and his cat had already gone. 'When did I say this meeting was over?' he asked flatly and rhetorically.
Now only Alex, Sniff and Okami and Tora remained. 'So,' continued the Master, his usual calm replaced with vexation at the young people's apparent inability to take his words seriously. 'That leaves the three of you. Er, four of you,' he added, catching Tora's eye once more. He leaned forward in his chair, pressing the tips of his fingers together. His tone became quiet, but that only lent weight to the words he spoke. 'All of you, keep an eye on young Dante. None of you know this, but he has a second side to him - you caught a glimpse of it just now. He likes to distance himself from other people and doesn't open his heart to anyone and I'm sure that's part of the problem. So when you're on this job, just try to talk to him. Make friends, if you can.'
'And what if it doesn't help?' asked Sniff. 'Dante sounds like me when I was younger, only much worse,' he thought to himself.
'Then use force to restrain him,' replied the Master, 'but only if absolutely necessary. 'Alex, for that reason, I want you to stick close by him on this mission - with your Eye Magic you can easily... pacify him if need be.'
The Master sat back in his chair, apparently happy to get the uncomfortable subject of his chest. 'Now,' he continued, 'as to your two excellent questions, Alex! Firstly, you should leave immediately!' His high spirits had returned. 'Or as you soon as you have all prepared. I think walking would be best, given our Dragon Slayers' er... condition.' He lifted his fan chuckling a little as he eyed Okami and thought of her and Terry ill in a carriage the whole way there. 'Besides, it'll give you all plenty of time to bond, ohohoho!
Now, as to the question of who leads! Alex, I know you want to be in charge, and Okami, I can tell that you do too, so how about a game of chance to decide the leader?' From somewhere he produced a six-sided die and held it up to show them. 'That way no one needs to be offended if they don't get picked!' He was smiling mischievously. 'Dante and Terry have already forfeited their chance by leaving this meeting early, so Alex, Okami, Sniff, it's between the three of you!'
'Hold on, I don't wanna be in charge!' Sniff protested, holding up one hand defensively. However, he was secretly excited at the thought. The ever-perceptive Master immediately called him out on this;
'You liar, Sniff! Now, you take the numbers 1 and 2, Okami, you take 3 and 4, and Alex, you're 5 and 6! Agreed?' The members couldn't do much to protest, so they just watched in anticipation as Junsei rolled the die across his desk.
'It's a two!' called Junsei. 'Sniff wins!'
Sniff couldn't help chuckling impishly and turning to the girls triumphantly. 'Who'd a' thought it?' he teased with a grin. 'Minions, gather your things! We gather by the gates in ten minutes! Master, may I be dismissed?'
'Certianly,' Junsei said with a tiny bow, and Sniff marched out, still grinning.
As soon as he was out in the hallway, he noticed Dante slumped against the wall, asleep. Feeling a new-found sense of responsibility and remembering his Master's words, he dropped his goofy grin and crouched down to address his fellow mage. 'Hey Dante, wake up. We gotta go.'
At this point Alex also proceeded with out the office, leaving Okami and Tora alone with the Master.
'Master,' the Dragon Slayer was asking, 'have you found any information about the woman who saved me and Tora fifteen years ago and that blond kid who looks like her participating in the grand magic tournament!'
'What about nee-sama? Do you know where that one could be?' Okami asked shivered in recollection of her old senpai and sister figure.
'I'm afraid I have found no new information,' Junsei said, shaking his head in apology. 'Though the girl you speak of is a Celestial Spirit Mage, so I suggest you speak to Athena when she next returns to the Guild. She may be able to tell you more about the girl. Though I don't know when she may be back, and she may well not be able to help you much. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you.'
As Okami left, Alex returned to the office.
'Ah Alex, thank you for waiting. What is it you wanted to talk to me about?'
(OOC: I used a random number generator for the roll of the die - I thought it'd be fun! ^_^)