Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

PoodlesJP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Country
Japan
I have been keeping my head in the sand about the movie as long as I could, but I really want to know: when does the movie take place? I see people talking about some new enemy and END transformations, so after the current manga arc, right?
The movie takes place after the 1 year time skip, but before the Alvarez arc.
Seeing as how the guild was already rebuilt, it would be after gathering everybody together and rebuilding, but probably before Makarov was rescued.
The ending shows Zeref, Brandish, Invel and Acnologia.

So it said in the previews the dragon cry could destroy the world and you said it could erase a country.
How accurate is it in the movie itself? Does it do any crazy big things in it close to comparable to these statements?
In the movie itself, it could have erased all of Fiore.
Zash, who wanted to use it for his revenge against Fiore specifically stated that it can erase a country with ease.
国を滅ぼす = destroy a country.
Hundreds of magic circles appeared in the sky, which all shoots down indiscriminately. I wouldn't be surprised if it could destroy the world, but there was nothing on that scale in the movie.
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
The movie takes place after the 1 year time skip.
The ending shows Zeref, Brandish, Invel and Acnologia.



In the movie itself, it could have erased all of Fiore.
Zash, who wanted to use it for his revenge against Fiore specifically stated that it can erase a country with ease.
国を滅ぼす = destroy a country.
Hundreds of magic circles appeared in the sky, which all shoots down indiscriminately. I wouldn't be surprised if it could destroy the world, but there was nothing on that scale in the movie.
Was there any big crazy feats comparable to Alvarez arc stuff like Eileen's meteor?
 

PoodlesJP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Country
Japan
Was there any big crazy feats comparable to Alvarez arc stuff like Eileen's meteor?
Not really :s
Animus did some dragon roar's, Erza did grand chariot...

Nothing really comparable to Eileen's meteor or anything we've seen in the manga.
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
I saw some scene with space like stuff in the preview.

What happened there?
 

PoodlesJP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Country
Japan
I saw some scene with space like stuff in the preview.

What happened there?
Are you sure it wasn't the starry skies of the Stella Kingdom?
It might be Animus' roar, it's like a rainbow laser.
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
How strong was Animus?
 

PoodlesJP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Country
Japan
How strong was Animus?
Uh...Zash' manipulation magic worked on Animus in his dragon form...and he lost 1v1 to Natsu.
Took Future Rogue 7 years to complete his dragon manipulation magic, when there was a guy in the Fairy Tail world that could do it with ease..
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
I just wanna know stuff Animus destroyed


Not even mountains or nothin?
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Was Animus referring to that form as E.N.D or Natsu himself? I ask this because Mother Glare said that E.N.D's true identity is Natsu himself and when they showed E.N.D in the manga E.N.D vs Gray Fullbuster he looked the same as regular Natsu exept with evil eyes and violent flames surrounding his body that scorch any they touch
You mean Atlas flame?
 

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
Yeah thank you
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Atlas flame said E.n.d's true identity his self is Natsu so I'm not sure if that half dragon Natsu Is supposed to E.n.d or deagonification
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You mean Atlas flame?
Yeah he said E.n.d's true identity is Natsu himself and when Gray fought E.N.D in the manga during the Alvarez arc E.n.d looked the same as Natsu exppt with violent flames surrounding his body that scorch everything they touch so I'm not sure if that half dragon Natsu is supposed to be E.n.d or dragonification
 

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
Was he calling Natsu himself E.n.d or that half dragon form?
 

PoodlesJP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Country
Japan
Thanks PoodlesJP.
and one little question:
https://pp.userapi.com/c637421/v637421822/46d73/80jtEEzbtD0.jpg
what wendy says in this scene?
Wendy: Natsu, Lucy! We are ready to....was I interrupting? I'm sorry! ←Typical Wendy, her innocence is one thing that hasn't changed throughout the entire series.

Was he calling Natsu himself E.n.d or that half dragon form?
Are you referring to "he" as Animus?
This is one thing that is very vague, even in Japanese.
He only mentions END after Natsu is half transformed, and he states "I know what you are, the one who destroys everything..END!"
So to answer your question, Animus does call Natsu's half-transformed state END.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Wendy: Natsu, Lucy! We are ready to....was I interrupting? I'm sorry! ←Typical Wendy, her innocence is one thing that hasn't changed throughout the entire series.



Are you referring to "he" as Animus?
This is one thing that is very vague, even in Japanese.
He only mentions END after Natsu is half transformed, and he states "I know what you are, the one who destroys everything..END!"
So to answer your question, Animus does call Natsu's half-transformed state END.
Did Natsu know how he transformed?


Was he aware of his god like power that he showed in the Movie?
 

PoodlesJP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Country
Japan
That is what I thought? Plus I thought it was in that screen book too.
I apologize, but I can't really seem to recall this scene. The only part where Virgo appeared was when Lucy was helping the other imprisoned girls escape from Zash' prison.
As soon as Zash comes, she uses Sagittarius star dress.
I'll re-read the little book later tonight to see if I can find out where this scene is from.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Did Natsu know how he transformed?


Was he aware of his god like power that he showed in the Movie?
It seemed like he noticed only after he defeated Animus.
He was terrified of his own power. I'm not sure if he knew what he looked like, which is why he asked Lucy "What do I look like to you?".

This is just an assumption, but when he did transform, there was a silhouette of a dragon in the background.
END may be a dragon demon, which explains why the Japanese trailers say "Natsu dragonized?"
 

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
Thank you is it the same dragonification as Eileen and acnonollgia or does he just look like a dragon
 

PoodlesJP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Country
Japan
Thank you is it the same dragonification as Eileen and acnonollgia or does he just look like a dragon
It was only half of his body, the left side.
So no, it wasn't the same as Eileen or Acnologia's transformation.
 

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
So he had no to being actuall an actual dragon he just looked like one?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Is he actual dragon or did he just look half dragon
 
Top