Game Fan League Discussion Thread

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I only want to let clear than, to boost Golden Pair (costing 10 points more, of course), the only change neccesary is to boost a lot Oishi's Double Master Feat, mostly because the current one is almost offensive. Why 11 points of total increase? Well, I think it's fair than Oishi will get a Doubles Bonus 3 points more than Kaneda.

And why to boost Golden Pair? Because the Number 1 Pair of Japan will almost lost VS any random pair, from Hitouji+someone of mid-high tier or Tezuka + any mid-high tier. I'm even not sure if Champion Pair will destroy it, when in the manga,in Synchro, they completely overwhelmed them.

Yeah, I'm pretty stubborn. But in the same way Sherlock fights to get a proper Niou, his favourite player, I want to do the same with 2 of my favourite players, And this is a FAN League (just look at Zaizen :p)

And I'm pissed than have I have suggested a lot of issues in this 27 pages and really very few (actually, I can not remember any one)have been used.And except my wet dream Richard-Kadowaki, the rest have been logical

Why isn't so complicated to accept this Oishi?
Oishi (2, 3, 3, 6, 14) 28
Defensive Baseliner

-Doubles Master [Feat]:
In Doubles, Oishi's Control increase 4 points, Power, Speed and Spin increase 1 point each. The partner's highest stat increase 4 points.Also, the team can use any standard Formation regardless of that Formation’s conditions.

-Moon Volley [Effect]:
Oishi’s Control is boosted by 2 points.

-Oishi Territory [Formation]:
When partnered with a character that has a base Speed stat of 10 or higher, Oishi's Control get's boosted by 10 points.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If you shift the stat boost for Doubles Master around, so that only Control and Speed are boosted (I can explain why if you want) and they need to fulfill the playstyle requirements for Formations, this one's fine.
Also, I can't see why the requirement for Oishi Territory can't be Speed=12, Kikumaru fulfills this once Feats are included.
Heck, I would even give Moon Volley a +5 boost and increase his base stats a bit.

We'll only have to talk about costs later (which I can also elaborate for GP if you want).
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
For the feat, can I ask Echizen to get some semi-useful feat? His feat against Ryoga is useless 99% of the time, and double loser is the worst feat in the entire league, especially with the new change.

If it's for next season, I think Kin-chan deserve some kind of a boost in both cost and ability. He showed the evolution of 'new' tech with hitting 5 at the same time right?
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
For the feat, can I ask Echizen to get some semi-useful feat? His feat against Ryoga is useless 99% of the time, and double loser is the worst feat in the entire league, especially with the new change.

If it's for next season, I think Kin-chan deserve some kind of a boost in both cost and ability. He showed the evolution of 'new' tech with hitting 5 at the same time right?
Hmmm...I could probably come up with a few for Ryoma and Kintarou when I get home later. At least something to match their new found 5 balls at once stuff...


Here you go Sherlock. A Billy with a feat that does something and a Michael Lee. Though I think I may have made Lee a bit too strong. Chaos, you can adjust however you want...

Billy Cassidy (4,5,4,7, 20) 12
Serve and Volley

-English[Feat]
When playing against a character who has English as his first language, Billy gets boosted by 5 points(Singles only)

-Quick Draw [Feat]
Should the opponent use an ability to boost their speed, Billy boosts his own speed by 3

-Bull Rope Serve[Effect]:
Billy's Spin is increased by 3 and his stats cannot be decreased by effects when playing singles. (Singles only)

-Shotgun Volley[Opening Effect]:
Billy Control is increased by 3 and the stronger opponent's effect is canceled when playing doubles. (Doubles only)


Michael Lee (3, 6, 3, 6, 18) 11
All-rounder

-Kung Fu Reflexes [Feat]:
Michael's speed and power go up by 1.5

-Analyze [Feat]:
If the opponent uses an effect which boosts his control, Michael's control goes up by 2.

-Invisible Swing [Effect]:
The opponent's control goes down by 3
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
hmm, that sounds good...Though Michael Lee is only marginally better than Kai. No need to worry about him being overpowered.
What pair level would they be?
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I would make them a level 2 at best, if you were to count Sanada/Atobe as a Level 1
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Kai (5, 4, 5, 4, 18) 7
Aggressive Baseliner

-Shukuchihou [Feat]:
Kai’s Speed is boosted by 3 points.

-Viking Horn [Effect]:
Kai’s Spin is boosted by 4 points in Singles and 2 points in Doubles.
See? Kai can reach 25 points while costing 4 points less. Michael is anything but overpowered. Kai would beat him in singles.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Also, I didn't give him more stats, since I was taking into account his doubles boost and such. You knwo, since he is mainly a doubles player...
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Uh shouldn't he get a doubles feat then?
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Michael Lee (3, 7, 3, 7, 20) 11
All-rounder

-Kung Fu Reflexes [Feat]:
Michael's speed and power go up by 3

-Analyze [Feat]:
If the opponent uses an effect which boosts his control, Michael's control goes up by 2.

-Invisible Swing [Effect]:
The opponent's control goes down by 3

How's that then?

I was taking the boost he gets from the tier boost and formations with the current system ^^

This one should be better though.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, that one looks great. I can definitely give Kai and Yuuta to get him.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Billy Cassidy (4,5,4,7, 20) 12
Serve and Volley

-English[Feat]
When playing against a character who has English as his first language, Billy gets boosted by 5 points(Singles only)

-Quick Draw [Feat]
Should the opponent use an ability to boost their speed, Billy boosts his own speed by 3

-Bull Rope Serve[Effect]:
Billy's Spin is increased by 3 and his stats cannot be decreased by effects when playing singles. (Singles only)

-Shotgun Volley[Opening Effect]:
Billy Control is increased by 3 and the stronger opponent's effect is canceled when playing doubles. (Doubles only)


Michael Lee (3, 7, 3, 7, 20) 11
All-rounder

-Kung Fu Reflexes [Feat]:
Michael's speed and power go up by 3

-Analyze [Feat]:
If the opponent uses an effect which boosts his control, Michael's control goes up by 2.

-Invisible Swing [Effect]:
The opponent's control goes down by 3

How's that then?

I was taking the boost he gets from the tier boost and formations with the current system ^^

This one should be better though.
I think Billy got a tiny little bit too strong, I would like to lower his Spin by 1 point.
On Michael, he is a bit strong as well, I think. The bonus provided by Kung Fu Reflex should be only 2 points per stat, alternatively I would drop his base total by 2, your call.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So Modified then, this is more to your liking?

Billy Cassidy (3,5,4,7, 19) 12
Serve and Volley

-English[Feat]
When playing against a character who has English as his first language, Billy gets boosted by 5 points(Singles only)

-Quick Draw [Feat]
Should the opponent use an ability to boost their speed, Billy boosts his own speed by 3

-Bull Rope Serve[Effect]:
Billy's Spin is increased by 3 and his stats cannot be decreased by effects when playing singles. (Singles only)

-Shotgun Volley[Opening Effect]:
Billy's Control is increased by 3 and the stronger opponent's effect is canceled when playing doubles. (Doubles only)


Michael Lee (3, 7, 3, 7, 20) 11
All-rounder

-Kung Fu Reflexes [Feat]:
Michael's speed and power go up by 2 each

-Analyze [Feat]:
If the opponent uses an effect which boosts his control, Michael's control goes up by 2.

-Invisible Swing [Effect]:
The opponent's control goes down by 3
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yes, I'd accept that, I'll include it into suggestions.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
So Modified then, this is more to your liking?

Billy Cassidy (3,5,4,7, 19) 12
Serve and Volley

-English[Feat]
When playing against a character who has English as his first language, Billy gets boosted by 5 points(Singles only)

-Quick Draw [Feat]
Should the opponent use an ability to boost their speed, Billy boosts his own speed by 3

-Bull Rope Serve[Effect]:
Billy's Spin is increased by 3 and his stats cannot be decreased by effects when playing singles. (Singles only)

-Shotgun Volley[Opening Effect]:
Billy's Control is increased by 3 and the stronger opponent's effect is canceled when playing doubles. (Doubles only)


Michael Lee (3, 7, 3, 7, 20) 11
All-rounder

-Kung Fu Reflexes [Feat]:
Michael's speed and power go up by 2 each

-Analyze [Feat]:
If the opponent uses an effect which boosts his control, Michael's control goes up by 2.

-Invisible Swing [Effect]:
The opponent's control goes down by 3
Michael Lee will defeat Kajimoto, who cost FIVE, 5 points more
Reiji and Kajimoto needs a boost

Ryoma DOES NOT need a boost. If he receives one, it will be welcome (it's my Number One target next Season, 'cause I can not simply dare to choose Atobe or Niou, my other 2 favourite singles players). But right now, he will defeat Oni AND Irie,w ho cost 3 to 5 points more than him.
Kin-chan needs a boost. But costing more points, too. I'm pretty sure that, at this moment of the manga, he is the best of PoT after Big Four, Ryoma and Yuki
 
Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
we'll probably just lower the cost of kajimoto and reiji.

I believe in upping Kintarou's cost and abilities as well. I'll be working on that next ^^

I'm in the process of boosting Oni and revamping Irie completely.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Neither Kajimoto nor Reiji will get a boost, I'll make their cost drop instead.

On Ryoma, in the end he will be the strongest character, we can't avoid that. His cost will raise as well of course.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
So how much character can we keep next season? I liked Ryoma and will keep him if possible, but I surely like Kin-chan more.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think two characters.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'd like to request a small change to Wakato. Currently, if playing against an all-arounder, he will never be able to get any bonuses, even if I predict everything correctly.

Can you add a playing style named "Reckless"?

Reckless has advantage over All Arounder, but disadvantage over all the other playing styles. It's just that All-Around is the most common playstyle in the league, and if Wakato can't even touch them, it makes his ability a little...Yeah.

If you want to make it even more risky, make him auto-lose vs anything other than all-arounders if he uses reckless.
 
Top