Game Fan League Discussion Thread

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Oishi has one Synchro
-Synchro [Aura]:
If Oishi plays Doubles and the partner is Kikumaru, the received Support bonus is doubled. (15 points more)

and Level 5 pairs have another, much better
Synchro [Aura]:
All of the user’s stats are boosted by 3 points and his stats cannot drop through Feats and Effects. This Aura is negated when being used by only one player of the pair.
(3x4= 12 points, plus other 12 of Kikumaru, and Kikumaru can not use it alone)

So, if we have to choose, Oishi's Synchro doesn´t make sense.

Or Oishi's Synchro boost Golden Pair's Synchro, giving them the doubled Support Bonus AND boosting 12 points/player?

I think is better to transform Oishi's Synchro into a [Feat] Doubles Expert, boosting 2 points each stat in doubles,like Sakurai or Kaneda's Tactician, making him more accurate to real Oishi (he was a doubles master even before begining to play with Kikumaru as a pair, in first year he played with the regulars http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/203/07/). In this league, Oishi is only good playing with Kikumaru, and he is maybe the best doubles player of PoT, so he should be enough good to be useful in doubles with another pair
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, I wanted to remove Oishi's Aura. I made the character abilities before we thought of the doubles levels, seems that I forgot to change this.

Giving him a doubles expert feat would be reasonable though.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You know, I think I thought of a good way to make Tezuka Phantom useful.


-Tezuka Phantom [Final Effect]:
If the opponent’s base points are within 20 points of Tezuka, this effect can be activated. If activated, Tezuka's spin gets boosted 15 points. This effect cannot be used two matches in a row, and Tezuka's base total will get decreased by 5 points in his next match. If Tezuka used this effect in doubles, his base total will get decreased by 10 points in his next match.

To explain it: Tezuka Phantom gives +15 to Tezuka, but he can't use it 2 matches in a row(let's assume he gets injured when he uses it) and gets his base total decreased in his next match, to make it a VERY double edged sword.

Example:

R1:Chaos vs Jyten

Chaos makes Tezuka use Tezuka Phantom

R2: Chaos vs Atobe

Chaos' tezuka loses against Atobe even though he would normally win, because of his Phantom loss.

What about it? I think it would make it useful, not too op(since it would have a VERY big disadvantage) faithful to the manga, and overall very cool.

Also, about Hiyoshi, what are we gonna do about him?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If Phantom would be negated, would the drawbacks still occur in the following match?

About Hiyoshi, I still try to think of something that makes captains slightly more useful.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
-Gekokujou [Opening Feat]:
Hiyoshi get boosted 1 point each stat for every 5 points the other captain has more than him.The opponent cannot lower Hiyoshi’s stats more than one point each stat(Singles only)

That would make him stay pretty near of the captain, and with Enbu Tennis and if the opponent hasn't got many useful effects, he could even win.

Let's see VS Atobe
Atobe has 17 points more than him, so 3*4= 12 points boost
12+22+6(Enbu Tennis) + 8 (Succesor) = 48! Atobe is only 39
Then Atobe uses Insight and The King. 39+4= 43. Hiyoshi goes to 45. He still wins. Damn it.
To avoid Hiyoshi win, make Succesor only stop Rondo, and not Ice World. So, Hiyoshi would lose to Atobe only if he uses Ice World

I still like my TPhantom idea, I'm really stubborn. It only works with rivals with more Power than Tezuka (Sanada, Gin, Kintaroh and Big 4,I think), and reducing it to 0, makes real the saying "the stronger, the biggest fall".
And making an ability to continue in the next match...I don´t like it too much.

What do the people think about boosting a bit Oishi with
Tactician [Effect]:
When playing Doubles Oishi’s stats are boosted by 2 points each?
He could be useful also without Kikumaru. He is still useless in singles, and only good in doubles, considering his cost. He only becomes a beast (and best doubles player in PoT) with Kiku as a pair.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
-Gekokujou [Opening Feat]:
Hiyoshi get boosted 1 point each stat for every 5 points the other captain has more than him.The opponent cannot lower Hiyoshi’s stats more than one point each stat(Singles only)

That would make him stay pretty near of the captain, and with Enbu Tennis and if the opponent hasn't got many useful effects, he could even win.

Let's see VS Atobe
Atobe has 17 points more than him, so 3*4= 12 points boost
12+22+6(Enbu Tennis) + 8 (Succesor) = 48! Atobe is only 39
Then Atobe uses Insight and The King. 39+4= 43. Hiyoshi goes to 45. He still wins. Damn it.
To avoid Hiyoshi win, make Succesor only stop Rondo, and not Ice World. So, Hiyoshi would lose to Atobe only if he uses Ice World

I still like my TPhantom idea, I'm really stubborn. It only works with rivals with more Power than Tezuka (Sanada, Gin, Kintaroh and Big 4,I think), and reducing it to 0, makes real the saying "the stronger, the biggest fall".
And making an ability to continue in the next match...I don´t like it too much.

What do the people think about boosting a bit Oishi with
Tactician [Effect]:
When playing Doubles Oishi’s stats are boosted by 2 points each?
He could be useful also without Kikumaru. He is still useless in singles, and only good in doubles, considering his cost. He only becomes a beast (and best doubles player in PoT) with Kiku as a pair.
The problem on hand is not Hiyoshi's effect itself. It's rather which bonus a captain could receive or else:

As for the Hiyoshi ability. The ability would be better that way, but I think there also should be some benefits for the captain. Otherwise, if only effect that effect that Captain make it worst, why would anyone pick a decent character to be a captain?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
...One last post before I go take a nap(I'm exhausted right now):

I still like my TPhantom idea, I'm really stubborn. It only works with rivals with more Power than Tezuka (Sanada, Gin, Kintaroh and Big 4,I think), and reducing it to 0, makes real the saying "the stronger, the biggest fall".
And making an ability to continue in the next match...I don´t like it too much.
The thing is, "the stronger the biggest fall" is not really how the technique works. It's Tezuka's final trump card, yes, but if he felt sadistic and wanted to use it vs Horio, he could. As the technique is now, it's too restricted and not compatible with the manga. And I like abilities that continue in the next match, because that adds a whole new layer of strategy.

If Phantom would be negated, would the drawbacks still occur in the following match?
Yes. It would be something Tezuka's player would seriously have to consider before using it. Would it be worth it? If Sanada Rins him, Tezuka can't activate Phantom, and would still get injured(aka, like in the manga)

How about it? Can we agree on Tezuka's effect?

And as for Hiyoshi...How about this:

Successor[Effect]
When playing Singles 1, Hiyoshi's stats go up by 2 points each and his opponent's effects are negated. If he loses that match, he will have a minus 2 effect in his next match and will not be able to play in Singles 1.

....Yeah maybe I'm getting a little carried away with the whole "carries on to the next match" effects.

But maybe a "something happens when playing Singles 1" would be good, since he is now Hyotei's Captain.

We could still go with the classic...

Hyotei's Will[Effect]
Hiyoshi can copy the effect of one Hyotei member. This effect does not work when playing against a Hyotei member.

We could nerf it to only copy it by 90% instead of 100%, but...eh. You get my point.

okay, really last idea before I go take a nap:

Hyotei's Chant[Effect]
Hiyoshi gets boosted 2 points for each Hyotei member playing in this match, counting both teams.

That would count not only Hiyoshi's match, but S3,S2,S1, etc. The entire match.

Also, if Hiyoshi really gets Hyotei's Chant, Atobe also deserves that effect XD.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I don't really know about Tezuka Phantom. But I thought Rin doesn't do anything except by something like Pinnacle of Great Wisdom? It just feel kinda weird.

I also just saw that Fuji 6th counter is not there. Why not? I thought it's like his most poweful move.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't really know about Tezuka Phantom. But I thought Rin doesn't do anything except by something like Pinnacle of Great Wisdom? It just feel kinda weird.

I also just saw that Fuji 6th counter is not there. Why not? I thought it's like his most poweful move.
TPhantom I don't think even needs to be in Tezuka's arsenal. Like it can be but this is getting a bit silly. Also, I don't know if Tezuka could use phantom against horio. Remember he is increasing the spin of the shot traumatically, its much easier to make a fast moving ball go out laterally with spin than a slow moving ball. If physics apply to PoT...unsure about that...

Fuji doesn't need a sixth counter...he has 5 moves already where most people only have 1 or 2....also, sixth I thought only worked if they broke the 5th.....we could have a condition if you break the 5th counter fuji's control goes up by 2 for the final counter or something...bug Fuji is already frighteningly scary in singles. I don't think he needs any more hax on him.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Remember, Chos, Niou's Illusion should be impossible to be copied.Same goes to Guess Who?
Right now is an effect, so even Ishida could use it XD
And Sherlock, with Wakato in his team, would have 2 Niou


Without Oishi boost, Champion Pair coul beat (and even with difference) Golden Pair.
Golden Pair gets 82 with 21 (Kiku) + 22 (Oishi with Oishi Territory) + 15 (Support Bonus) + 24 (Oishi and Kikumaru Synchro's) = 82, and -2 to each rival speed.
Champion Pair gets 34 (Bunta) + 33 (Jackal) + 10 (Support Bonus) + 6 (Feat Bonus Strategy) = 83, and they can still use a Formation. They can use 3 Formations (No Formation, Australian Formation and I Formation) and they would win whatever they use
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't really know about Tezuka Phantom. But I thought Rin doesn't do anything except by something like Pinnacle of Great Wisdom? It just feel kinda weird.

I also just saw that Fuji 6th counter is not there. Why not? I thought it's like his most poweful move.
Simply because there was no need to. If you can think of something that is not overpowered and fits into the scheme of his current abilities, go ahead.

TPhantom I don't think even needs to be in Tezuka's arsenal. Like it can be but this is getting a bit silly. Also, I don't know if Tezuka could use phantom against horio. Remember he is increasing the spin of the shot traumatically, its much easier to make a fast moving ball go out laterally with spin than a slow moving ball. If physics apply to PoT...unsure about that...
As you should know by now, physics and PoT are a whole diffeerent matter. Seriously, I think Fuji (or Sanada?) tried to hit slow balls but they went out nevertheless. But how about I replace TPhantom with:

-Zeroshiki Drop Shot [Effect]:
(1)Tezuka’s Spin stat is boosted depending on the opponent’s playstyle. All-ronder; Aggressive Baseliner->5 points, Defensive Baseliner->7 points, Serve and Volley->3 points. (Singles only)
(2) Tezuka’s Spin is boosted by 4 points. (Doubles only)

or something simple like:

-Zeroshiki Serve [Effect]:
Tezuka’s Spin is boosted by 7 points. This Effect cannot be copied.

Remember, Chos, Niou's Illusion should be impossible to be copied.Same goes to Guess Who?
Right now is an effect, so even Ishida could use it XD
And Sherlock, with Wakato in his team, would have 2 Niou
<hr noshade size="1">
Without Oishi boost, Champion Pair coul beat (and even with difference) Golden Pair.
Golden Pair gets 82 with 21 (Kiku) + 22 (Oishi with Oishi Territory) + 15 (Support Bonus) + 24 (Oishi and Kikumaru Synchro's) = 82, and -2 to each rival speed.
Champion Pair gets 34 (Bunta) + 33 (Jackal) + 10 (Support Bonus) + 6 (Feat Bonus Strategy) = 83, and they can still use a Formation. They can use 3 Formations (No Formation, Australian Formation and I Formation) and they would win whatever they use
Yeah, yeah, Oishi gets the doubles master.


Well then, I changed a few things:
-Yamabuki D2 cost and total altered
-Hiyoshi got a new Successor
-Oishi got a small bonus
-I deleted Tezuka Phantom and put Zeroshiki in it's place


I'd like to change Wakato's Feat as well, I think he should also copy the playstyle of whomever he chooses to copy.
 
Last edited:

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Remember, Chos, Niou's Illusion should be impossible to be copied.Same goes to Guess Who?
Right now is an effect, so even Ishida could use it XD
And Sherlock, with Wakato in his team, would have 2 Niou
<hr noshade size="1">
Without Oishi boost, Champion Pair coul beat (and even with difference) Golden Pair.
Golden Pair gets 82 with 21 (Kiku) + 22 (Oishi with Oishi Territory) + 15 (Support Bonus) + 24 (Oishi and Kikumaru Synchro's) = 82, and -2 to each rival speed.
Champion Pair gets 34 (Bunta) + 33 (Jackal) + 10 (Support Bonus) + 6 (Feat Bonus Strategy) = 83, and they can still use a Formation. They can use 3 Formations (No Formation, Australian Formation and I Formation) and they would win whatever they use
I think GP is 90? Kik 19 + 8(feats/effects) + 12 (Oishi) + 2 (Doubles Master) + 0(Moon Volley Bunta negates effect) + 10 (Territory) + 15 (L5) + 24 (Syncro) = 90

Now 90 is how much he goes up and they go down just adding it all in positives to make the math easier...

CP = Jackal 22 + 8 + 3 + Bunta 25 + 6(feat) + 0 (his effect doesn't work on them) + 10 (L4) + 3 (feat) + 8 (no formation...Australian won't work in this case) = 85?

90 > 85?

So, I still think GP is higher than CP....just GP really is only good with each other. Kind of the way we designed it but they cost far less so, I think its fair.

I like the new changes and Wakato copying people's play style I think is fine. Could make him more interesting in doubles.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Good, Wakato now copies playstyles.

To bring this up again, should Mizuki's predicition be able to copy or not?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think GP is 90? Kik 19 + 8(feats/effects) + 12 (Oishi) + 2 (Doubles Master) + 0(Moon Volley Bunta negates effect) + 10 (Territory) + 15 (L5) + 24 (Syncro) = 90

Now 90 is how much he goes up and they go down just adding it all in positives to make the math easier...

CP = Jackal 22 + 8 + 3 + Bunta 25 + 6(feat) + 0 (his effect doesn't work on them) + 10 (L4) + 3 (feat) + 8 (no formation...Australian won't work in this case) = 85?

90 > 85?

So, I still think GP is higher than CP....just GP really is only good with each other. Kind of the way we designed it but they cost far less so, I think its fair.

I like the new changes and Wakato copying people's play style I think is fine. Could make him more interesting in doubles.
Your are wrong. Oishi and Kikumaru can not use their Effects and an Aura (Synchro) at the same time. And Bunta's effect doesn´t work neither Oishi of Kikumaru. But you' re right, Australian Formation wouldn´t work because without Synchro,an Aura that is activated after Formations, Champion Pair would have a lot more points that Golden Pair (just like in Real PoT)
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Your are wrong. Oishi and Kikumaru can not use their Effects and an Aura (Synchro) at the same time. And Bunta's effect doesn´t work neither Oishi of Kikumaru. But you' re right, Australian Formation wouldn´t work because without Synchro,an Aura that is activated after Formations, Champion Pair would have a lot more points that Golden Pair (just like in Real PoT)
True, forgot about syncro is an aura so GP goes down by 4 points. Which really isn't that much. Even in that case the GP still squeaks out a win.(86 > 85) So, no CP still doesn't beat GP.

CP costs more but they can be used in more situations. They can play with other people and Bunta at least is decent in singles.

I don't understand your comment....are you saying CP costs more and its okay? Or do you think the CP can still beat the GP?

I think Oishi is fine as he is. He's an "okay" singles player, a decent doubles player and the best doubles partner to Kikimaru. Plus he only costs 20. Changing him too much will effect his cost. If you want him stronger then we'd have to bump his costs up to high middle tier like 25.
 
Last edited:

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Good, Wakato now copies playstyles.

To bring this up again, should Mizuki's predicition be able to copy or not?
It should be impossible to be copied by Muga or Mugyyu. But again, Kabaji, Wakato, Niou or Zaizen's Genius could. But just an opinion, it's something to be discussed.

I sent this to Chaos, an Oishi more accurate

Oishi (1, 3, 1, 4, 9) 20
Defensive Baseliner

-Doubles Master [Feat]:
When playing Doubles, Oishi’s stats are doubled. Also, the team can use any standard Formation regardless of that Formation’s conditions.

-Moon Volley [Effect]:
Oishi’s Control is boosted by 4 points.

-Oishi Territory [Formation]:
When partnered with a character that has a Speed stat of 15 or higher, Oishi's Control get's boosted by 10 points.


Oishi is one of my favourite players, so I follow very well his aparitions in PoT. He is always called "Doubles Master", he is the key in the game of Golden Pair and, in every match, his rivals says "Oh, Oishi is someone who should be feared", "Kiku isn´t tired because of Oishi's Control" and other things like that.
But in the League, he is pure baggage in Doubles, considering he is the best doubles player of PoT.
My idea is reduce even more his points, but make him better in Doubles.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I might be partial since I'm Wakato's player but...

Remember, in the anime he practiced his copies the day before a match. He watched videos, studied the technique, etc. He can definitely copy Mizuki's ability.

Kabaji? Hell no. He has no brain.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I might be partial since I'm Wakato's player but...

Remember, in the anime he practiced his copies the day before a match. He watched videos, studied the technique, etc. He can definitely copy Mizuki's ability.

Kabaji? Hell no. He has no brain.
No brain, but he copied TZone and PoHW. It's more difficult to break the laws of Physic to make a shot to return you than just get information about other players
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No brain, but he copied TZone and PoHW. It's more difficult to break the laws of Physic to make a shot to return you than just get information about other players
If you're lucky you must not be intelligent to break the laws of physic (even less on Pot) but you must have a bit of brain to figure out where exactly someone will play.

I edited Mizuki in order to make him unable to be copied but predicition cannot be negated either.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I'm not sure about can't be negated, didn't Sengaku sort of 'negate' his prediction?
 
Top