Game Fan League Discussion Thread

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
You say that if the player do not have enough point left, they will auto get the 2 lowest point character right?

If to make it more even, for the 'eight' (If you actually add him, of course) character, why not add a certain point equal to the highest amount of point over 160 as well. This way, everyone wil have same amount of point on their team. It will also act as an equalizer.

As for the Hiyoshi ability. The ability would be better that way, but I think there also should be some benefits for the captain. Otherwise, if only effect that effect that Captain make it worst, why would anyone pick a decent character to be a captain?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You say that if the player do not have enough point left, they will auto get the 2 lowest point character right?

If to make it more even, for the 'eight' (If you actually add him, of course) character, why not add a certain point equal to the highest amount of point over 160 as well. This way, everyone wil have same amount of point on their team. It will also act as an equalizer.

As for the Hiyoshi ability. The ability would be better that way, but I think there also should be some benefits for the captain. Otherwise, if only effect that effect that Captain make it worst, why would anyone pick a decent character to be a captain?
I'll consider the first.

As for the ability, you're right, I'll think about it for a bit.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think, as Wakato copies with a feat, he should be able to copy Mizuki. There are no abilities that negate feats, so there should be no problem with it.

Also, before you make your 3rd picks, please look at the following:

As you might have noticed, there are several players that are unable to spend all of their points in the remaining picking round. As our original intention was to give everyone the same team strenght, I thought about giving everyone an eight character. That characters total would be equal to the points the player has left.
If the player has no points left, the character has a total of 1.
Also, the character is allowed to have one feat (I would make a list to choose from).
The character is not stuck at that level though, everytime his team wins 1 point can be assigned to a chosen stat, if the character himself won a match, one more point can be distributed.
However there is a limitation in how much points can be distributed at max. It's clearly unreasonable to say that a low tier character (and afterall it is one, as you pay near to nothing for him) can be stronger than Sanada etc., yet it is also illogical to say that your character can't grow at all once a certain points is reached. That means there need to be a number of levels for the character, either 3 (high, mid, low tier) or 4 (add pro). However, to raise to a new level, a certain number of wins or something is needed.

This is only an idea, so please tell me you thoughts about it.
I don't like it at all. I completely disagree. I'd seriously thinking in abandoning the league. Prince of Tennis is full of characters, we don´t need to create stranque quimeras.


Just make a bunch of 1-2 point players like Arai (boost in doubles with a Seigaku Pair), Ann Tachibana (same as Arai but with Fudoumine and Momo), Horio (simply bad),Kato ([Feat] "Son of a Tennis Teacher"), Mizuno (he copies one of Oishi's abilities),Tomoka (a copy of Ryuzaki) and Sasabe (Golden Retriever)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't like it at all. I completely disagree. I'd seriously thinking in abandoning the league. Prince of Tennis is full of characters, we don´t need to create stranque quimeras.


Just make a bunch of 1-2 point players like Arai (boost in doubles with a Seigaku Pair), Ann Tachibana (same as Arai but with Fudoumine and Momo), Horio (simply bad),Kato ([Feat] "Son of a Tennis Teacher"), Mizuno (he copies one of Oishi's abilities),Tomoka (a copy of Ryuzaki) and Sasabe (Golden Retriever)
Seriously, it would be an insult for the other characters if I did that. Honestly, the rest of the field could beat any character you listed with one eye closed and a hand tied on his back. I said, I don't want any more joke characters (even if they are bad) before we started.

Honestly, what is the problem one custom made character? It's true that PoT packs a bunch of characters, sadly most of them would get a total of 1 or 2 points in the league.

Also, you were the one who kept going on with "When we have more participants...". Which characters should they take?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Seriously, it would be an insult for the other characters if I did that. Honestly, the rest of the field could beat any character you listed with one eye closed and a hand tied on his back. I said, I don't want any more joke characters (even if they are bad) before we started.

Honestly, what is the problem one custom made character? It's true that PoT packs a bunch of characters, sadly most of them would get a total of 1 or 2 points in the league.

Also, you were the one who kept going on with "When we have more participants...". Which characters should they take?
The 1-2 point players are made to the people who only have 3 or 4 points left for low tier. I think it's fair, Ken and me, for example, reserved 10 points for it, so we have no problem to choose the characters.
When will have more people, in future, leagues, we will create more players, but not only for low tier

What is the problem in creating that characters? I only see advantages
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The 1-2 point players are made to the people who only have 3 or 4 points left for low tier. I think it's fair, Ken and me, for example, reserved 10 points for it, so we have no problem to choose the characters.
When will have more people, in future, leagues, we will create more players, but not only for low tier

What is the problem in creating that characters? I only see advantages
There are no high tier characters left. And at the speed the manga is progressing, I can't see many to be added in the near future.

Why do you dislike my idea so much though? I don't get it.

(Btw Ken approved my idea before, didn't he?)
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
There are no high tier characters left. And at the speed the manga is progressing, I can't see many to be added in the near future.

Why do you dislike my idea so much though? I don't get it.

(Btw Ken approved my idea before, didn't he?)
The creation of players is typical in RPGs. But this is a Fan League. A "home-made" character could be confusing, strange, and, most of all, it could become broken

The only ones who could have a problem with the points are Jyten and maybe, if he has bad luck, voicA. So let's continue the pick. There are still many 3-4 point characters.

If Jyten have not enough points,
1.he could re-do his team. Picking Ryoga and Yuki at the same time wasn´t too logic IMAO. Change Yuki to Kevin (16 points more to expend, 20 left), Kiraku to Reiji (he lose 2 points, 18 left) and take Ishida and Amane. 0 points left. And still a great team, with the Best Player, the Second Best Doubles, The Best Low Tier. And Kevin is still a High Tier, and with Muga
2.Or make another 1 point players (my opinion)
3. Talk to Kuwabra, tell him please don´t pick Itsuki and Kadowaki (he has 8 points left) and accept he has 161 points. I don´t care., and I think nobody will complain. Jyten is the next one to pick aften Kuwabra, remember


Another completely different topic. Ryoma Pinnacle of Perfection should be impossible to be copied. I think even Copy Masters Nioh, Kabaji could not make it. Maybe they could, but I say this simply beacuse Nioh copiying that would be unbeatable if you can not negate Nioh effect, because our Dear Xanatos would beat automatically 30-44 characters (he's 37 impersonating Echizen).
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Everything you said is right and that someone wouldn't have enough points to spend on his characters wasn't the issue at all.

The "problem" that came up, is that even though most of us spent all of our points, there are some who have 10 or more points left after their last pick (Sherlock and propably Sai as well). If they only spend 150 points on their teams, they'd be at a huge disadvantage (in theory at least), so I wanted to give everyone an eight character to balance this out.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Can I suggest one thing? Can we, people with extra points, buy 3 lower tier characters instead of 2? That should fix everything.

That way I will have 8 characters, and all of them will be league worthy characters. Though even though that would give us some mind raping fuel, we would still be a little weaker.

Either that, or can we spend our points to make our weakest lower tier character stronger?(I prefer this solution)

For example, in my case, that's wakato. I have 12 points left.
Wakato is 19 points strong.
If I used up all my 12 points on him, I could make him 31 points strong.

Would that be fair? We did something similar in the last fan league, to make all the newbies stronger(since we didn't have enough strong characters)

But 1 point=1 stat point seems a little too OP(though some of you might disagree) so maybe we could make it 2 points=1 stat point(which would get Wakato only up to 25), or 1.5 points=1 stat point(wakato would go up to 27), you guys decide.

Another completely different topic. Ryoma Pinnacle of Perfection should be impossible to be copied. I think even Copy Masters Nioh, Kabaji could not make it. Maybe they could, but I say this simply beacuse Nioh copiying that would be unbeatable if you can not negate Nioh effect, because our Dear Xanatos would beat automatically 30-44 characters (he's 37 impersonating Echizen).
Would you stop catching those loopholes? I've been trying to save them for a match haha.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Pah, I don't care.
I can make an eight character for those who have points left, maybe someone from Midoriyama or that Yamabuki guy with glasses.

I think allowing the boosting of characters would make those way too strong.

I'll fix PoP.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
well if we can pick an eight character, I'll take Ishida. He costs 9 points and I have 12...Close enough.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
well if we can pick an eight character, I'll take Ishida. He costs 9 points and I have 12...Close enough.
Hold it there. Let's finish picking first and I'll make some additional characters for you then.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I agree with your last ideas, Chaos and Sherlock. I think is better an extra player than improving a character. Sherlock, with your points left, you could alse change Yuuta or Saeki to Reiji
Chaos, you could use US team, is Kevin is here, why not the others http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Prince_of_Tennis_characters#American_team?
They could be low or even middle tier
To make 1-2-3 points players, I told you we have Dan, Horio,Kato,Mizuno,Sasabe,Tomoka,Arai...
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The problem with picking Reiji is that Chaos doesn't want to let anyone have more than 3 middle tier characters. If I could, I would pick him.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Haha, that's right. As I said, let's concentrate on finish the picking for now. I'll deal with the remaining points later.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Who hasn't picked yet?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jyten, Sai, Fayte, voicA and myself. Jyten said he wouldn't come for a few days, so it'll take a while longer as it's his turn to pick at the moment.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jyten, Sai, Fayte, voicA and myself. Jyten said he wouldn't come for a few days, so it'll take a while longer as it's his turn to pick at the moment.
Back online but my time here is change to some nights. This website truly annoyed me the other day. However, I sent my picks in....granted i was throw email...currently you can contact me much faster through that. If you want it i can pm it to you.

First, Pop should not be able to be copied by anyone.

Second, we should not spend points to boost our characters. Part choosing is taking into account how to use your points well. If I end up not having enough points to chose anyone...that's just plain sad since I didn't get any of my top pics and pretty much just threw this team together at random. But I can repick or whatever.

8 players is a good idea but you should only be able to choose them after everyone choose their original 7. Gives them a bit of lee-way and a bonus for not using all their points.

Sent in my picks...prays I can complete a team. :p
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Kaneda can use
Classic Formation [Formation, L1]:
This Formation can only be used by an All-rounder. Players in this pair cannot have their Effects negated.
, for example, even if he isn´t an All-Rounder, thanks to
-Tactician [Feat]:
When playing Doubles, Kaneda’s stats are boosted by 2 points each. Also, the team can use any standard Formation regardless of that Formation’s conditions. ?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Correct.
 
Top