Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Sounds good to me. Now if only I could get a Hyoutei chant feat XD (that would be too much though lol)
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I would also like to add a stipulation to Niou's illusion. If Niou correctly predicts the opponent he will be facing then keep his current illusion (or even make it stronger). If he incorrectly predicts, cut the points further by 1/2 (I have a feeling that Sherlock may like this just to prove how badass he is at predictions lol)
Can we do that? Please? PLEASE?

-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou can copy one Effect OR Aura from any chosen player. He also copies that players playstyle and dominant hand. This effect cannot be copied or negated.
Are you out of your mind? That would be the BIGGEST NERF in the history of the league, it would be insanely unfair to me.
 
Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I knew you'd love that Sherlock, Given that you pretty much love mind raping people....

how about this?

Niou:
-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If his prediction is correct, he can copy one Effect OR Aura from any chosen player. He also copies that players play style and dominant hand. However, should his prediction be wrong, he can only copy his chosen effect at 50% potency. This effect cannot be copied or negated.

I figure this makes Niou a little bit weaker, but sherlock seems to want it to prove how much more badass he is. I don't see why he shouldn't have it.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I knew you'd love that Sherlock, Given that you pretty much love mind raping people....

how about this?

Niou:
-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If his prediction is correct, he can copy one Effect OR Aura from any chosen player. He also copies that players play style and dominant hand. However, should his prediction be wrong, he can only copy his chosen effect at 50% potency. This effect cannot be copied or negated.

I figure this makes Niou a little bit weaker, but sherlock seems to want it to prove how much more badass he is. I don't see why he shouldn't have it.
I do like it, but I want something to make the gamble worth it. Because first of all, you guys are nerfing Niou too much.

How about this?

-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If his prediction is correct, he can copy one Effect OR Aura from any chosen player and has all his stats boosted by 3 points each. He also copies that players play style and dominant hand. However, should his prediction be wrong, he can only copy his chosen effect at 50% potency, and all his stats go down 3 points each. This effect cannot be copied or negated.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
sounds fine to me. I'll leave the vote up to the rest.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Also, as for Wakato, I also vote for higher stakes:
-Change Over! [Feat]:
Wakato has to choose one player before the match, his playstyle and dominant hand change accordingly. Depending on whether the copied playstyle has an advantage/disadvantage against the opponent's playstyle the following bonus is applied:
-Advantage -> +3 to all stats
-Neutral -> +0
-Disadvantage -> -3to all stats
The order of advantages is:
-Serve&Volley advantage vs Defensive Baseliner
-Defensive Baseliner advantage vs Aggressive Baseliner
-Aggressive Baseliner advantage vs Serve&Volley
-All-rounder always counts as Neutral

-Buggy Whip Shot [Effect]:
Wakato's Spin is boosted by 2 points.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I think that the Atobe’s super attack style should be call King True Form and is an aura that is similar to Hoshi Hanabi that used to be in this thread, the trigger being that if the total is still higher than Atobe in the end.

As for Niou, it's good, but please check to make sure if Niou play Fuji and choose to copy Tezuka/Shira Niou would still lose, because that's the way it is.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Sherlock
heh, you shoudl try and trade for mizuki from kuwabara and just make an all prediction team.

I'd be fore turning saiki into a prediction ability lol (the way it should be!). need to think of some logistics for it though.


I think that the Atobe’s super attack style should be call King True Form and is an aura that is similar to Hoshi Hanabi that used to be in this thread, the trigger being that if the total is still higher than Atobe in the end.
I don't think aura quite makes sense for that. Simply because it isn't an aura per se....I'm for keeping the aura's limited to just the official auras from the series...

For hoshi hanabi, I'm for making it an auto activate feature\effect that occurs if the opponent negates hecatonchieres. Something like, if negated, Hoshi Hanabi takes effect and increases Fuji's power by 10 or something.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
@Sherlock
heh, you shoudl try and trade for mizuki from kuwabara and just make an all prediction team.

I'd be fore turning saiki into a prediction ability lol (the way it should be!). need to think of some logistics for it though.
<hr noshade size="1">


I don't think aura quite makes sense for that. Simply because it isn't an aura per se....I'm for keeping the aura's limited to just the official auras from the series...

For hoshi hanabi, I'm for making it an auto activate feature\effect that occurs if the opponent negates hecatonchieres. Something like, if negated, Hoshi Hanabi takes effect and increases Fuji's power by 10 or something.
I tried to, he just won't accept it >.>

HEY KUWABARA, KITE FOR MIZUKI! YOU ACCEPT?
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
The only reason why I say aura is because they activate last. Atobe don't seemed to go into that form of his unless he's really in the bind.

I really want Hoshi Hanabi to be in, the one that you used to made is perfect, Chaos.

Can I also suggest that Inui have some kind of ability when he's in single with Renji? It will be nice if we can found the way around the 50/50 chance of winning. In double, it won't really work, as shown in the National Final.

EDIT: I wonder more about the Muga. So far in this season, Echizen fought against Inui and Niou copying Sanada. In this case, can I use Sanada skill?

Also, if Echizen use Samurai Drive in double, do it check both player total= 20 or only each player? (Would make sense if it's both player, I got to admit, there's two half for two player)
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the new Wakato looks good to me. It seems in line with his abilities.

I tried to, he just won't accept it >.>

HEY KUWABARA, KITE FOR MIZUKI! YOU ACCEPT?
Nah, Mizuki is just too awesome. I'm holding on to him. (I'm honestly stunned no one who was picking before me took him. He's insanely useful)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I do like it, but I want something to make the gamble worth it. Because first of all, you guys are nerfing Niou too much.

How about this?
3 points is too much, seriously. I always have the feeling that Niou's stats remain the same despite Illusion. The thing that makes the most sense for me is to make him drop a few points when he makes a false prediction, as he needs more time for preperation. I really think he should be able to copy 100% at all times and only get a small drop when the prediction thing goes wrong, canon wise at least. Be aware that I will make several other techniques copyable.

Also, as for Wakato, I also vote for higher stakes:
Again, I think the boost/drop is way too high, also the boost should be greater than the drop, I think. Maybe +1.5/-1 to all stats.

The only reason why I say aura is because they activate last. Atobe don't seemed to go into that form of his unless he's really in the bind.

I really want Hoshi Hanabi to be in, the one that you used to made is perfect, Chaos.

Can I also suggest that Inui have some kind of ability when he's in single with Renji? It will be nice if we can found the way around the 50/50 chance of winning. In double, it won't really work, as shown in the National Final.

EDIT: I wonder more about the Muga. So far in this season, Echizen fought against Inui and Niou copying Sanada. In this case, can I use Sanada skill?

Also, if Echizen use Samurai Drive in double, do it check both player total= 20 or only each player? (Would make sense if it's both player, I got to admit, there's two half for two player)
First of all, I intend to implement Hoshi Hanabi as well as several other abillities we talked about on the last few pages.

As for Atobe, putting the word final in would satisfy this.

Inui/Renji: Eh, I don't think it works, they are on a different level altogether as shown in the Nationals (even though it was Doubles, Renji clearly bested Inui and we can't say, there would have been a comeback).

I think you can very well use the techniques Niou copied (Rin+Rai?), his Illsuion is perfect afterall.

As for Doubles, I think Echizen shouldn't be aable to use Effects/Auras in Doubles, he is just bad in that area.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Alright, Thanks for making it clear. Too bad, I really want to see the super rookie of east and west tag team match one day, but recent chapter kind of ruin my dream for me.

Also, the list will get update as the manga go on right, I mean as the high schooler level become more clear, or will they just be top 2-4 always?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Considering the insane amount of points I paid for Niou, if his stats don't change while I use Illusion, I'll feel rather ripped off.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Alright, Thanks for making it clear. Too bad, I really want to see the super rookie of east and west tag team match one day, but recent chapter kind of ruin my dream for me.

Also, the list will get update as the manga go on right, I mean as the high schooler level become more clear, or will they just be top 2-4 always?
Yes, it will be updated but at the speed the manga progresses, we'll have to wait a bit I suppose.

Considering the insane amount of points I paid for Niou, if his stats don't change while I use Illusion, I'll feel rather ripped off.
How about this: Niou stats drop when he makes a false prediction and if the prediction is true, the opponent's stats drop. It woud have a similiar effect but feels more manga like. I mean, his abilities don't change but the opponent is surprised, so their stats are lowered. I think it would be a good compromise, no?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
- I agree in Wakato +1.5/-1.5. Same goes to Yagyyu's Guess Who?
- We need to discuss more Atobe's Agressive Style boost
- We need to get a conclusion about Hoshi Hanabi

My version of Illusion

-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing.
If his prediction is correct, he can choose one player of the league,who can not exceed Niou's points by up to 20.All his stats are copied.Also, Niou can copy one Effect,Aura of the chosen player.
If his prediction is wrong, Niou can choose an effect of a player of the league and use it.If that Effect would increase/decrease the stats of any player, only 60% of its original effect are applied
This effect can not be copied

Absolutely great boost if he's right, not too many points (6 with Hadokyyu) if he's wrong
I love it: Niou will almost auto-win (47 points with Rai)VS non Big Four if he guess right. If not, he will even lose VS Kirihara.

Yeah, it isn't 100% manga-canonic, but as I said, Niou knows in the manga (except VS Yagyyu, that was unexpected,and that's why he lost) who is he going to face, and in our League, guessing is true hard

-Everybody here loves prediction. So, let's make Pinnacle of Great Wisdom a prediction, too
-Pinnacle of Wisdom [Final Aura]:
When playing Singles, the player must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If he's right, and the oponent opponent has added/removed points to the stats by Effects or Auras, the player adds/removes the same points +3
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
- I agree in Wakato +1.5/-1.5. Same goes to Yagyyu's Guess Who?
(1) - We need to discuss more Atobe's Agressive Style boost
(1) - We need to get a conclusion about Hoshi Hanabi

(2) My version of Illusion

-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing.
If his prediction is correct, he can choose one player of the league,who can not exceed Niou's points by up to 20.All his stats are copied.Also, Niou can copy one Effect,Aura of the chosen player.
If his prediction is wrong, Niou can choose an effect of a player of the league and use it.If that Effect would increase/decrease the stats of any player, only 60% of its original effect are applied
This effect can not be copied

Absolutely great boost if he's right, not too many points (6 with Hadokyyu) if he's wrong
I love it: Niou will almost auto-win (47 points with Rai)VS non Big Four if he guess right. If not, he will even lose VS Kirihara.

Yeah, it isn't 100% manga-canonic, but as I said, Niou knows in the manga (except VS Yagyyu, that was unexpected,and that's why he lost) who is he going to face, and in our League, guessing is true hard

(3) -Everybody here loves prediction. So, let's make Pinnacle of Great Wisdom a prediction, too
-Pinnacle of Wisdom [Final Aura]:
When playing Singles, the player must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If he's right, and the oponent opponent has added/removed points to the stats by Effects or Auras, the player adds/removes the same points +3
(1) I thought we had already agreed on those, no?

(2) No! His stats do not raise. If anything they drop when the prediction is wrong and the opponent's stats drop when the prediction is correct.
Maybe -8 (right) and -4 (wrong). Also he can copy all techniques that can be copied at 100%.

(3) I don't really understand this, The way it's worded the opponent receives a boost, no?
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
For Saiki I think he means:

-Pinnacle of Wisdom [Final Aura]:
When playing Singles, the player must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If he's right, and the opponent has added/removed points to the stats by Effects or Auras, his effect/aura is negated and the player adds/removes the same points as the opponent was supposed to and then +3

As for Atobe's Super Attack Style, I quite like the one chaos made and I think it works quite nicely. Though, since he's my character I'll leave the voting up to you guys.

As for Niou, I'm fine witht he stats dropping idea. But make the stakes a little higher. If he gets his prediction right, then he drops his opponents stats by like 8-10 points and uses another effect at 100%. If he gets it wrong, he drops his own stats by about 4-5 points and can only copy at 50%
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You guys should just use Niou as an example in a sample battle. Its pointless arguing about it if you've never tested it.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
For Saiki I think he means:

-Pinnacle of Wisdom [Final Aura]:
When playing Singles, the player must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If he's right, and the opponent has added/removed points to the stats by Effects or Auras, his effect/aura is negated and the player adds/removes the same points as the opponent was supposed to and then +3

As for Atobe's Super Attack Style, I quite like the one chaos made and I think it works quite nicely. Though, since he's my character I'll leave the voting up to you guys.

As for Niou, I'm fine witht he stats dropping idea. But make the stakes a little higher. If he gets his prediction right, then he drops his opponents stats by like 8-10 points and uses another effect at 100%. If he gets it wrong, he drops his own stats by about 4-5 points and can only copy at 50%
Well, just to make this clear, Saiki allows it's user to simulate the next point and let's him see the fewest number of rallies necessary to win that point. The thing is, Saiki can be used at full power against any opponent, so there is no prediction necessary (at least not in that way).

I think Niou should be able to always copy the effect/aura at 100%. The stat drop shows how effective it was, I think.
 
Top